August 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by smittenelle

Okay, so I'm on my fifth day so far, and overall...my favorite make up so far.

How it worked for me:
- a good kabuki brush. I use the flat top ecotools kabuki, it's amazing and cheap.
- A good primer. CREAMY, NOT LIQUID. It needs something to stick to. At first I tried using it with my L'oreal Magic Lumi primer, that wasn't a smart idea at all. It made my pores look huge (you could SEE black spots on my nose, and I never had problems with my nose) and my skin feel tight and stiff. So I bought Hard Candy's Skin Perfecting Primer and that did the trick for my oily/combination skin.
- The right steps. Wash, toner, moisturizer, spot treatment (if needed), primer, concealer, and then mineral make up. If you have good skin as is, you can probably skip a few of those, but I find it worked best for me when my face was freshly cleaned.

And that's basically it. The packaging could be better because there isn't a very large amount of product, but I don't mind, it's better than the $13-$20 mineral make ups available online that come in tiny, tiny cubes. This is just $10 and it works perfect. It gives AMAZING COVERAGE with the right primer. Also, I noticed a difference in my skin right away. I'm not breaking out, which is a miracle for me, and I don't have to reapply or touch up ten times a day. I've barely touched my oil sheets. This is the first mineral make up I've tried so far, and I'm very pleased. I've found what works for me and doesn't irritate my skin one bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've got this in pure beige.it goes well with my neutral/olive skintone! It blends really well,it last verry long,it creates a nice finish! I blend this mineral powder with my ecotools bronzer brush. It's verry easy to use,no mess and it's enought light without being cakey! It looks verry natural! I complete it with a beautiful bronzer and a blush! Perfect for summer! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by jml598

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mineral powder. It DOES run very dark so I had to purchase 3 different shades until i ended up with one that fit my skin tone, however, I plan to use the darker shades in summer. This powder gives me a nice glow and evens out my skin tone with medium coverage. It can settle into fine lines if over applied, so what I do is use a concealer for blemishes, cover my entire face with regular powder, then I apply the mineral powder foundation. Applying it this way gives me a smooth finish and it doesnt settle into my fine lines. The brush it comes with is no good, so I use my own powder brush. I have also found that my combination, acne-prone face looks even better as the day goes on! And this has SPF 18, and NO powdery white sheen which Ive experienced with other mineral foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by MegsSmiley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use it as a finishing powder after I put on my liquid foundation. It gives a really nice finish, and it doesn't oxidize. The only problems I have with it is its packaging. Sometimes too much powder comes out and I lose a lot of product. Also, its staying power isn't that great. I have to re-apply it during the day. Other than those cons, I think it's a great powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by schwabj

This is my go-to mineral foundation.

Pros: Great for combination to oily skin. Has a nice matte finish. Good for evening out skin tone. Looks natural, as long as you don't apply it heavy. Has great staying power. Works almost as well (if not as well) as Bareminerals, at only a fraction of the cost (Maybelline=about $10, Bareminerals=$26-28)

Cons: It's best for light to medium coverage only, and won't work well at covering major blemishes or spot concealing. Works best with a light hand. Wouldn't recommend for dry skin, since it emphasizes dry patches. Also, I wish the packaging could close the holes in the product (like the Baremineral packaging).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by muafreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like the previous comment, i find it so funny.... This maybe a vacation "buy on the spot/go to" foundation cause I also bought this while I was in LA for business and needed coverage and something to work in my skin quickly. I bought this for the first time because it came with a brush and I'm glad I did! It worked quickly onto my face and I was out the door. I only bought it once and never repurchased solely cause I've moved on to better brands. But this gets the job done. Makes u look polished and yes I would buy again...... When I go on a business trip to LA again jus to bring back the great time I had :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by kristinfelicia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this when I was on a vacation to the us, and I didn't expect that much from it, but I actually love it! It makes your skin look flawless and it looks really natural aswell. I think you should use another brush than the one you get when you buy it, to get a better result. But overall, LOVE (:

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by alexaober

I don't like this product, it felt thick and heavy. It didn't blend with my skin very well. The brush that came with it is terrible it does nothing. I felt like it clogged my pores and I didn't like the feeling when I attempted to remove it. I had to get makeup remover and basically scrub it off. I would not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by pinkstrawberii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Leaves a powdery/cakey look to my face :( any shade I chose made me look orange! Also settled into some of my fine lines.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by GeorgieApril

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to like this powder and use it all the time, but people would comment on the powedery look it leaves on my face, even if i only applied very little. I only use it sometimes now, over the top of my liquid foundation (Rimmel Match Perfection) to set it. I also don't like the brush it comes with, i prefer to use my own. I wouldn't recommend this one guys, which i sad because I usually love Maybelline!