Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation

3.2

Zinc Oxide, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Ptfe, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 5/23/2012 12:36:00 PM

I was trying to find a relatively inexpensive mineral poweder that did not contain talc. I cannot believe how many so called "mineral" powders there are out there that contain talc! Sure, talc is a mineral but it is a very unhealthy, irritating one that no true mineral powder should contain.
So I found this one and decided to try it out. I think it cost about $6.50 at my local shoprite. For the price it worked pretty well. It has light to medium coverage and did a good job of covering up most of my light acne scars. However, it comes off so easily; even if I rub my nose a little you can see where the powder came off. Also, the brush is horrible to use as a foundation/powder applicator. Its bristles, though natural, are stiff and I feel like the powder doesn't stick to them very well and just gets wasted. Instead I use a very soft, also natural, eco tools brush.

Another thing I did not like very much about this product is that it does not control oil very well. The area around my nose tends to become a bit oily and it shows up even an hour after applying this powder. This might be a good product to use in the winter when my skin is dry, but definitely not for the summer.

Overall, a decent product for the price, but I do not think I will repurchase.

on 5/13/2012 3:30:00 AM

This product is ridiculously good for the price. As far as mineral powder goes this pretty much does all it promises and costs practically nothing. I easily found my shade and the coverage is about medium. It doesn't accentuate pores at all (and I have large ones) and doesn't look cakey. Overall one of the best drugstore products, and so cheap.

on 5/12/2012 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this foundation! I like it better then liquid foundation for sure, and it can be used in a multitude of ways. Of course, the normal way just tap some into the lid and dust it on, you can use a tinted moisturizer and use this as a setting powder, or you could mix this into you moisturizer and create a tinted moisturizer! The only thing I do have to say with the last option is when I did it, it came out darker then what the color really is, so I will probably be using that during the summer. You don't fell like you are wearing any makeup at all, you skin just looks better! The only thing is moisturize before you put it on if you have dry skin (I have dry combination skin). Other then that I would definitely recommend this!
The only thing is that the lid sometimes feels like it is either not screwed on right, or its not on track, ect.

on 5/8/2012 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a fantastic product! It give medium coverage with a smooth matte finish ( but you still get a nice glow since it's mineral make up ). The brush provided is pretty good as well. You have to apply this foundation slowly though cause if you rush the brush can pick up alot at once and then most of it ends up in the air/ on your clothes/ etc. So only apply a lil bit at a time!

I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 because it's extremely lightweight, and can fall off your face easily. I would highly recommend putting on a primer or moisturiser before using this product

on 5/8/2012 1:52:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm not an expert on foundation, so I can't go down the list of why I love this one so much. All I know is, it is the only foundation I have ever used that doesn't look flaky on me, and it is cheap, so I love it. It gives silky, even coverage with a fairly matte finish, and the included brush is actually pretty nice. I would definitely recommend it. If you end up not liking it, you're out less than 10 dollars, so it's not much of a gamble.

on 4/30/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews about this! When I first bought this, it took me a while to get my right color. At first, it was orange and then to light and once I got it just right, it is AMAZING! I have oily skin and I do have blemish's that I cover. I put a base under it, but this powder made my skin look flawless with it's finishing powder. I have not stopped using this for the past year, I absolutely love it. I use the CM professional brushes to apply it with, I admit the Kabuki brush that comes with it sucks! I give them to my 4 year old sister every time I get one. But overall, this product is AMAZING! :)

on 4/29/2012 5:39:00 AM

I was looking for a cheaper alternative mineral foundation to bareMinerals and decided to try out Maybelline's mineral foundation since I was fond of that brand's other products. However, as with most drugstore foundations it was very hard to find a color match for me in this foundation. The closest I could get to my skintone at the time I tried this was in Light 4/Nude. Although it matched the light-medium shade, it had too warm/orange of an undertone for my yellow tones. The next lightest shade I tried, Light 3/Natural Ivory, was too cool/pink. Those with golden/yellow undertones such as myself are out of luck in this line of drugstore mineral foundations unless they tan into a more orange shade. Luckily, Light 4/Nude did work out for during the summer when I did tan.

Shade selection aside, I loved the foundation's finish. While bareMinerals' original foundation has a dewy finish, Maybelline's mineral foundation is semi-matte, which is nice for combo and oily skin types without dulling the skin too much. However, on few occasions I felt itchy on my face wearing this and I wonder if it may be linked to the foundation's micro-minerals? Or mixing with sweat throughout the day, since this has decent lasting power on the primer I had at the time (Victoria's Secret VS PRO Airbrush FX Face Primer).

As much as I loved the finish of this foundation and how affordable it was compared to bareMinerals, I just couldn't find a good color match since this line swings to either too cool or too warm for me. And the brush is useless; it felt too scratchy so I threw it out and applied this with an e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this in the honey beige medium. What I didn't like about this was the color, Maybelline just doesn't work for yellow undertones! The color was a lot like my experience w/ the Dream Matte Mousse, which I purchased in the same color. The color was the same peachy/orange/tan. To me, it seemed like the longer this was setting on my face the worse the color would get :( What I did like is that it didn't make my face oily and gave pretty good coverage. I also thought the price was decent, I only bought this for a science project haha. I also wouldn't buy this again.

on 4/23/2012 1:29:00 PM

Okay, so I'm on my fifth day so far, and overall...my favorite make up so far.

How it worked for me:
- a good kabuki brush. I use the flat top ecotools kabuki, it's amazing and cheap.
- A good primer. CREAMY, NOT LIQUID. It needs something to stick to. At first I tried using it with my L'oreal Magic Lumi primer, that wasn't a smart idea at all. It made my pores look huge (you could SEE black spots on my nose, and I never had problems with my nose) and my skin feel tight and stiff. So I bought Hard Candy's Skin Perfecting Primer and that did the trick for my oily/combination skin.
- The right steps. Wash, toner, moisturizer, spot treatment (if needed), primer, concealer, and then mineral make up. If you have good skin as is, you can probably skip a few of those, but I find it worked best for me when my face was freshly cleaned.

And that's basically it. The packaging could be better because there isn't a very large amount of product, but I don't mind, it's better than the $13-$20 mineral make ups available online that come in tiny, tiny cubes. This is just $10 and it works perfect. It gives AMAZING COVERAGE with the right primer. Also, I noticed a difference in my skin right away. I'm not breaking out, which is a miracle for me, and I don't have to reapply or touch up ten times a day. I've barely touched my oil sheets. This is the first mineral make up I've tried so far, and I'm very pleased. I've found what works for me and doesn't irritate my skin one bit.

on 4/17/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

i've got this in pure beige.it goes well with my neutral/olive skintone! It blends really well,it last verry long,it creates a nice finish! I blend this mineral powder with my ecotools bronzer brush. It's verry easy to use,no mess and it's enought light without being cakey! It looks verry natural! I complete it with a beautiful bronzer and a blush! Perfect for summer! Love it!