September 2, 2014 | 1920 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kcleejackson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. I used to sell mary kay and when I stopped I continued to purchase this. Doesnt break me out, like everything else does.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by jesslla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the way this foundation feels on my skin and I do love the way it keeps the shine down on my nose and my chin. The coverage is very buildable, very even and the coverage lasts me all day (even after a hard, sweaty day at work). I only need to use a tiny amount to cover my whole face, however I'm not sure it is worth the price. It doesn't seem to be any more spectacular than a drugstore powder and its more difficult to apply than liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

It's an OK product, I just don't see the hype. I have it in Beige 1 (I think that's the name of the shade) and I get a nice light coverage but not that radiant look I want. I really like the texture and in general I like the brand. My favorite powder is Color Clone by Helena Rubinstein, that one gives me a perfect-skin look: the right amount of coverage, the perfect matching shade, the ideal touch of light on my face and not an overdone look. I don't get all that with this powder and I think the shade range is too limited. I'm using it up, the first and only one that I got but I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by kraftykaitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ah.. Mary Kay has come out with yet another HG product for me. This is my absolute favorite foundation ever! It has a great texture, and it blends in and looks like skin, not makeup. It has very buildable coverage from very sheer to medium or even full coverage. I've used liquid foundations as well as other mineral foundations and never found anything that looked this natural but still made my skin look flawless. I can't say enough good things about it. I have dry skin and it works perfectly on me, but my best friend has oily skin and I've used it on her (luckily we wear the same shade) and it works great for her too. It's the best! I don't see myself ever wearing another foundation as long as they keep making this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This foundation is my HG! I never really have used much foundation, but when I did start it was bare minerals which bothered my skin so bad. I just got this once from my mk rep since she was running a special and fell in love. This is completely buildable to whatever coverage you prefer. I like a medium coverage and I use the super soft mineral foundation brush from mk to apply it & it's a dream application. This foundation last ALL day. I will buy this again! For reference I am NC20-25 Mac and I use Beige 1. I haven't tried any other color when I'm darker but will update if I do

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by household6

I love my MK mineral powder! I've got oily skin and -since I moved out & mom quit buying me the good makeup ;)-have always been a Covergirl or Maybeline buyer. Both seemed to disappear off my face w/in the first hour. My sis worked for Merle Norman & I used their powder foundation as long as she worked there, but when I ran out I went back to the cheap stuff. Splurged once & got the Almay powder foundation-worked well, but I had to store it in a baggie, it busted up. My SIL sells MK & she had my shade in her overstock (apparently her customers are all fair-skinned) & let me try it. It doesn't slide off my face w/in an hour, I can apply just a bit & it smooths things out, or I can apply more for a perfect looking face (really, I pass a mirror & have to check my face out, flawless coverage). I thought it was an expensive buy, but everyone else is saying it's a good price & since I bought cheap & got cheap, this is probably worth the money spent-I don't have to mix multiple shades to get my "perfect" (saves money there), don't have to buy more when the small package is empty (saves there)... so I guess in the long run, it IS a great bargain!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by prettyrainyday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this powder has really great coverage, much better coverage than bare minerals. my one complaint about this product and the reason i won't buy it again is because it does contain talc.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by chloeandsue

Have always used liquid foundation, but most gave me pimples and all felt greasy after a few hours. This does neither. Its light, and gives me a smooth and matte look. Its not heavy coverage, but i like it that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by silviachick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off, I used to be a MK consultant, but have long stopped. However, there are still quite a few products I use and recommend.

This is my HG powder. I have a really hard time finding foundations that match my skin tone, and this blended wonderfully. I do wish it lasted longer, but I've come to learn about face primers. :) And with that, it lasts a lot longer. I've been using this for over 2 years, and each jar lasts me months with everyday use. For touch ups I use the mineral pressed poweder, but I like the loose powder much more than the pressed.

Also if you've ever tried and couldnt get a match, MK came out with 3 more colors for inbetween shades. So if you tried it before but couldn't find a shade, I suggest finding a sample and seeing if any of the new shades work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by namaenai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a preliminary review but I am so impressed so far that I just had to rave about it. I just got this today. I have to say I was skeptical at first because I have tried a lot of mineral powder foundations and none of them seemed to last like the Bare Minerals Matte. This instantly made my skin look so smooth and flawless with just the first coat! And it looks so natural with no weird undertones! The BE Matte has good coverage but sometimes it still doesn't smooth out my acne scars and it has golden undertones in it. Also I have been wearing this all day and I'm combination oily and it has not melted off or broken up, just a little shiny but not bad at all. With the BE Matte it would eventually break up around my nose but I accepted that since I am combination oily and would blot and reapply. The package is so much bigger than most mineral foundations and cheaper so you get a lot for your money. Too bad it doesn't have a good container like BE Matte so you can snap it shut for traveling and not have powder come out through the holes.

UPDATE 2/6/10: So I was using this in Ivory 2 and after awhile I noticed it had way too much of a pink undertone so my face would literally look pink and later oxidize to orange. Since I was broke I bought CG's Clean oil control foundation and started putting that on first and setting with this and a transclucent powder and the combination of that toned it down a bit. This is great as a setting powder, really gives you that full coverage flawless finish! My Mary Kay rep gave me Ivory 1 to try. So far I'm not noticing any undertones in it. It's definitely lighter so I don't think I get the exact coverage I like as before if I wear it alone. I'll provide another update on the Ivory 1 after trying it out some more.