Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I started using this product after coming off years of wearing liquid foundation. Actually my very first foundation was a liquid consistency. The problem is that they are very easily smudged onto clothing and show up too clearly when smudged. Also they can give your skin a unnatural, greasy glow if your not careful. I didn't want to try powder because my skin is naturally dry and I knew that any type of powder would worsen the look I was going for-healthy, supple skin. I started using this product last summer and what a difference it makes in skin health. It has been the best thing that happened to my skin. It's light, but seems to cover my flaws and leaves my skin feeling breathable. You know what I mean, some foundations leaves your skin to suffocate and cause pimples which is why many women refuse to wear foundation. I myself was getting frustrated because I would wear it and then break out. Not so with this stuff. Also when you wear it, you are wearing minerals like vitamin E, so if your not using any vitamins in your skin care routine this helps and if you are using vitamins then this helps fortify. The mica is it reflects the light off your face giving you a bright look. It has become a staple in my make up bag!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I sometimes like this and other times don't. I have Ivory 2 and if I build its coverage it seems to look kinda orangey in daylight. My fiance doesn't notice that but he is a guy. For those who don't like it you need to have a good skincare regimen for it to look right.Make sure your moisturize. Most mineral make up does not have talc and not sure what it is used for. I don't think it last all day although I see it on my cotton ball at night but the same coverage isn't there. It is nice as an over liquid though. It is reasonable if you are a consultant compared to BE but I haven't compared it to BE. I really like Clinique's Almost Make-up powder, it covers nicely and easy to apply. I do not feel like this is the mineral powder for me (MK).

***UPDATE***
I would consider trying again since there are more colors available now

It is a mineral powder but the first ingredient is talc and the last is mica. The coverage is nice and buildable, it did not irritate my skin. The cons are you have to buy the brush separately and being a loose powder, it can get messy, espically in a purse.

I do not use this as a foundation, the coverage is too sheer. I think it makes an amazing finishing powder. I always buff over my liquid foundation and get flawless coverage.

im going to have to agree with the reviewer below me. i was so excited to try this because my best friend uses it and loves it, but it didnt do it for me. it dried out my skin bad, and it doesn't last very long at all. i bought two different shades of them because one was too light and the next was too dark, so i had to mix the colors which was a pain. that was another disappointment. i love a lot of mary kays products but this isnt one of them. its not a very good powder foundation. :(

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never been more disappointed in a product than this I was in this foundation. The coverage, although on the sheer side, is decent. For me, it's enough to even out my skin tone and cover some of my pink although not blemishes. That's okay since I don't like a heavy foundation look. The finish is satin-matte and blessedly not shiny. Mary Kay's version doesn't seem to have as much pigmentation and "sticking power" as other mineral foundations I've used. It also doesn't withstand sweat and humidity (or what I call general summertime grossness) as well either. My Alima foundation stays on my face and doesn't sweat off at all.

As I mentioned, the coverage and finish are very nice and I would've gladly given this foundation a higher rating since it is so affordable (only $18) but I am extremely disappointed and even a little angry at the poor color selection. I am an yellow-toned NC20 and NONE of the seven light and medium colors currently availabe match me. Actually, there were five light and medium colors until a few months ago. There are only two choices for dark skintones and I can't imagine that they would work for all or even a select few of them. The Ivory colors are all too pink and the Beige colors are too peach. Even the lightest Beige shade, Beige .5, was too dark on me.

I will admit that I my skintone is hard to match and it's rare that I will found one foundation shade that matches me exactly. Bobbi Brown and MAC come the closest because both lines have yellow-based shades that work for my skintone. If I have to mix, it's usually just mixing two yellow-based colors to get the correct lightness. With May Kay Mneral powder foundation, I can't even mix because THERE ARE NO YELLOW-BASED SHADES!!! I got Ivory 2.0 to work for me by mixing it with my Alima Warm #2 and a little #3 and some Pure Luxe Creamy Natural and Ivory but then I realized that that was a complete waste of time and money because I had mixed in so much Alima and Pure Luxe that the blend wasn't even Mary Kay anymore.

I will be having an angry letter to Dallas and I cannot recommend this foundation. They have some really good skincare but when it comes to color, Mary Kay is still stuck in the 60s. No yellow-based foundations in 2010? Really, Mary Kay? Really?! At least with drugstore foundations I know not to expect much. Every once in a while I'll find a gem of a foundation (Wet 'n Wild tinted moisturizer--still too dark but blessedly neutral and yellow-based) but Mary Kay the company pretends to care about women all over the world and wants to empower them blah blah blah. It's all just a marketing ploy if you can't even make one decent foundation shade for ethnic skin tones. All the mineral foundation shades are pink or ashy or peach!!! I just can't get over that. Mary Kay, you fail.

Love this stuff. I used to sell mary kay and when I stopped I continued to purchase this. Doesnt break me out, like everything else does.

I like the way this foundation feels on my skin and I do love the way it keeps the shine down on my nose and my chin. The coverage is very buildable, very even and the coverage lasts me all day (even after a hard, sweaty day at work). I only need to use a tiny amount to cover my whole face, however I'm not sure it is worth the price. It doesn't seem to be any more spectacular than a drugstore powder and its more difficult to apply than liquid foundation.

It's an OK product, I just don't see the hype. I have it in Beige 1 (I think that's the name of the shade) and I get a nice light coverage but not that radiant look I want. I really like the texture and in general I like the brand. My favorite powder is Color Clone by Helena Rubinstein, that one gives me a perfect-skin look: the right amount of coverage, the perfect matching shade, the ideal touch of light on my face and not an overdone look. I don't get all that with this powder and I think the shade range is too limited. I'm using it up, the first and only one that I got but I won't buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ah.. Mary Kay has come out with yet another HG product for me. This is my absolute favorite foundation ever! It has a great texture, and it blends in and looks like skin, not makeup. It has very buildable coverage from very sheer to medium or even full coverage. I've used liquid foundations as well as other mineral foundations and never found anything that looked this natural but still made my skin look flawless. I can't say enough good things about it. I have dry skin and it works perfectly on me, but my best friend has oily skin and I've used it on her (luckily we wear the same shade) and it works great for her too. It's the best! I don't see myself ever wearing another foundation as long as they keep making this one.