Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

3.3

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, squalane, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d?orge, sucrose stearate, sea whip extract, cholesterol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), acetyl glucosamine, ppg-20 methyl glucose ether, caffeine, propylene glycol dicaprate, caprylyl glycol, stearic acid, sodium chloride, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, yellow 5 (ci 19140), green 5 (ci 61570), blue 1 (ci 42090).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had a very bad experience using Clinique's Daily Relief Cream and sent it back to Clinique.
I had not used this Cleanser at the same time because I wanted to use my old cleanser up first. I am glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't have known which product causes problems.
This cleanser does not remove foundation properly and I don't even use a colourstay foundation. I have to wash my face twice. That would be acceptable if this product wouldn't be highly overpriced. Like the Redness Solutions Daily Relief Creme it did nothing for my redness, instead it made my face sting, even though I had washed it off with water.
About 10 minutes after washing my face, without having put on a moisturiser, my face started to itch.
I wonder if they ever tested these products.
I do like Clinique's Repairwear Intensive Nightcream and even though it is full of parabens I have no problems with that cream.
Update: I must have had bad problems with their daily relief cream. I am now using this cleanser but only in the morning. I quite like it in the morning because it is mild and free of SLS.However, like I mentioned before it does not remove foundation. I use a cream cleanser from Clarins to remove foundation and then wash my face with this cleanser. That works fine for me.

on 3/5/2008 12:02:00 AM

Some laboratory somewhere in this country took redness and has answered my prayers. I had all but given up on reducing the persistant redness on my cheeks. Just about everything including caffeine, liquor, exercise, spicy foods, and the sun would make my skin flare into an embarrassing flush. The cleanser, when followed with Clinique's Daily Relief Cream, has helped to reduce my redness on so many levels. When I drink caffeine or liquor I have noticed that while my skin still turns red it is not as pronounced. The cleanser gently removes makeup and exfoliates the skin while cleaning it, and it can even be tissued off. The only downfall of this cleanser is the packaging. Instead of the traditional squeeze tube this has a cap that you twist open. I went through my first tube faster than I realized. I'm onto my second tube and much more careful about how much I use because a little goes a long way. Just massage onto your skin, tissue or rinse off and you are left with clean comfortable skin!

on 2/1/2008 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This made my rosacea sting and did not cleanse any better than my Mir which I was hoping this would replace. Tube is ok but opening is stupid and very much like Olay Definity cleanser which I also hated. I keep expecting great things from clinique and am so often disappointed that I wonder why I bother.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I started off using this product about 2 weeks ago. I feel that is sufficient time to decide if a product is going to work or not. I have dry skin with rosacea. My rosacea isn't horribly bad but I do have redness on my cheeks down to my jawbone and also on my nose and chin. I have been searching for a product that would help with the redness and my sensitive/dry skin and this seems to be the answer! It is so gentle and yet it takes off all of my makeup on my face. It does not, however, take off my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation but no one should expect it to. It will only come off with their special makeup remover. (Note: I use a seperate eye makeup remover because I don't trust much around my eye area.) Overall I am extremely pleased with this product. My redness has been reduced tremendously (not all the way but a huge difference!) I don't see the redness showing through my foundation anymore!!! The only part about it I didn't like was the screw top cap. Several reviewers complained about it but I have found that if you unscrew it completely from the tube the product can be squeezed out and then the cap put back on with little or no mess. I will definately repurchace this product!

on 1/26/2008 9:11:00 AM

Edit - well I gave it a fair try it is truly awful and stings like mad. Will stick to Dermalogica ultra calming cleanser.

Makes my skin sting - what more can I say.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this line. I know that its more geared towards roseacea (sp?) but I tried it anyway for my eczema. the cleanser is non foaming, my face doesn't feel tight after using it, using this with the cream has reduced the redness of eczema patches on my face! The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging...i wish it was in a pump type bottle or even a regular flip top tube. my tube has this like screw open upside down thing which always pushes out a little bit of product when you close it so it gets kinda messy. but i love the product it really is doing wonders for the eczema on my face!

on 1/25/2008 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Maybe it's a great product for redness, but it doesn't do the job taking away all the make up. I gave the packaging quality a 5 because it's great! Very hygienic. Wouldn't repurchase anyway, there are better products on the market than this one.
Tanja

on 1/24/2008 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Yes, it leaves your skin feeling moisturized but at the same time, I just don't feel like it removes makeup effectively enough. When I follow the cleansing process with application of the matching toner, I see a lot of makeup on the cotton ball. Once I am done with this tube, I'm going back to ordering Biomedic's purifying cleanser. UPDATE: Had a breakout on my forehead where I usually don't get it. Just got a refund on it today!!!

on 1/15/2008 7:13:00 AM

Ingredients:
(Cucumber) Fruit extract. Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\extrait DOrge. Sucrose Stearte. Sea Whip Extract. Cholesterol. Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) seedcake. Chamomilla Recutta (Matricaria). Acetyl Glucosamine. PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether. Caffeine. Propylene Glycol. Dicarprate. Caprylyl glycol. Stearic acid. Sodium Chloride. Disodium EDTA. BHT. Phenoxyethanol. Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. Yellow 5 (CL 19140). Green 5 (CL 61570). Blue (CL 42090) (ILN33230).

150ml tube costs 15.00 in UK. I have patch tested on inner elbow and it passed. The tube has a weird cap that you twist and the cleanser comes out of it then you twist to close it and a little more comes out.

Consistency is gel/creamy but light. It has a light smell that i cant quite describe and is pale green in colour. I use this twice a day and SA said it would take off eyeshadow. I have found that it does NOT take it all off (Chanel eyeshadow). I use am in the shower and rinse off and pm with a muslin cloth. There is no residue but I have not tried to just tissue it off so cant comment on that.

So far I am happy with this cleanser. I tend not to use a toner and spray with Vichy water spray instead. I am tempted to try their mild toner though in the future,

I have Rosacea and very allergic skin so patch test everything. This has not made my red patches worse in fact they are gradually looking better but i cannot attribute all this to Clinique as I am on antibiotics, skinoren cream BUT I am impressed that they are tackling Rosacea concerns. I use the redness solutions daily relief cream (see review for that). however the urgent relief cream did not pass my patch test and I do not recommend it.

ps. SA advised that products with oil can irritate skin but I am worried about my skin drying out long term as I am using no oil at the moment.

EDIT: My skin is now SO flaky and my neck has come up red a few times with this and the Mild toner and anti redness moisturiser, I have used for 30+ days and not happy with my now tight, lined skin. Back to the drawing board.

on 1/11/2008 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had a peel this past Monday and had a horrible reaction. Not even pure olive oil was helping my redness, peeling, burning on my cheeks. I was in pain and hibernating because of my lobster face. I stopped by the Clinque counter because whenever my skin is bad, I seem to return to them for help. Their products are non- comedegenic, non-acneic and have no added scent. This stuff calmed my skin from the moment I used it. It will not strip or irritate inflamed skin at all. Believe me, the peel I had has left me raw and overnight my redness was reduced by at least 80%. I know some people don't like Clinique for some reason and yes, not all their products are good, but this one cleanser has saved me. I didn't want to go out of the house because was red, inflamed and dry. Awesome!! Only marking to 4 lippies because it is the most expensive cleanser Clinique has and it would be better in a pump bottle. I still will need eye make-up remover but over cleansing your skin when it is inflamed is a bad thing. You have to leave some oils in your skin.

UPDATE: Not worth the money. Doesn't take off makeup and to be honest, it did not reduce my redness for long. It seems everytime I wash with it, I feel this film on my skin that I don't like, I'm also red within a few hours.