Prescriptives Foundation brush

4.5

on 6/1/2003 2:53:00 AM

This brush is horribly expensive but does the job perfectly. It feels oh so smooth on your skin and the look is sleek and sophisticated. However, the brush seems to absorb a lot of foundation real quick.

on 5/20/2003 7:02:00 PM

I love it. It's great: gets the job done and is very sturdy. It was obscenely expensive, but has proven to be a good investment. I also use it for concealer application.

on 5/13/2003 10:58:00 AM

This brush seemed promising, especially after the demo by the product rep., however, when I used it, I wasn't impressed. The foundation streaked and the bristles clump together. The brush has to be cleaned each time and I felt I was wasting foundation.

on 5/8/2003 7:48:00 PM

Creating a need! The SA didn't even teach us how to use it! Ended up in streaks. Too Tricky to use. I prefer fingers and latex sponges.

on 4/19/2003 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually think this is a great brush to use for applying liquid foundation. The bristles are soft and I found foundation goes on much better with this brush as opposed to using your fingers or a sponge. Sponges are loaded with bacteria everyone. The brush is easy to just wash with a little liquid soap and less prone to microbes growing in it like a sponge. If you have a quick drying foundation, just put on one dot on at a time and you shouldn't have a problem. Or, put your foundation directly on the brush to apply. I've had mine for at least three years and it looks brand new after washing at least once a week. I highly recommend it for anyone considering buying a foundation brush.

on 4/8/2003 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really loved this brush when I first got it, and have used it pretty regularly. I've washed it and reused it and it holds up just fine. However, I feel that the bristles at the tip are a little too few, and for some reason the bristles in general tend to gather together and cause the foundation to apply in streaks after awhile. I much prefer the density of the Paula Dorf foundation brush. I own her Cheek cream brush and it's fantastic- perfect, and lets me apply the product evenly.

on 3/30/2003 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Believe the hype! This foundation brush is truly amazing!! My foundation goes on so much smoother now because of this brush. I should've bought this a long time ago! Give this one a try whenever you're at a Px counter.

on 3/29/2003 10:35:00 PM

I've been using my foundation brush for 3 years now. It is definately worth the initial outlay of money. The brush provides a flawless finish and doesn't waste your make-up like sponges do. It took a little while to get used to, but I will never go without one again.

on 3/24/2003 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My first ever foundation brush and i never want to use my fingers again!

on 3/17/2003 8:02:00 PM

I own 2 of these. I am amazed at how versatile they make foundation and powders. They are wonderful and have lasted me a few years now, so they do not fall apart if you take good care of them. I also own the Buff Brush, which is used to further blend the foundation after it is applied with the brush. I think all the PX brushes are excellent quality and value.