August 1, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Rezarific

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I only buy these when they're BOGO at Walgreen's or Ulta, since they're a bit pricey for a DS brand. Infallible lip gloss is my HG, my absolute favorite, and I've tried lots of gloss, from all of Bare Escentuals' offerings to other drugstore brands (can't stand Rimmel glosses), Too Faced, MAC, and this stuff lasts longer than any of them (about five hours) and looks great. It doesn't have an unpleasant taste or smell, it's not too sticky (one must expect a little tackiness from any specialty long-lasting product, but I've had a lot worse), it really does last, and the color offerings are splendid. And the applicator! It's the best applicator I've ever had on lip gloss--it really gives you full control over application. I highly recommend this lovely, versatile gloss available in many, many lovely colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only color I have of this is (815) Barely Nude.

Pros:
- The color was perfect for my lips… it made me look more lively!
- No glitter/reflexes
- Just the right amount of shine
- Not sticky
- It applicator makes it SO easy for the gloss to slide on your lips
- It smells sweet… kind of like candy! I usually never buy lipglosses from drugstores because of those cheap, plastic smell they provide, but this one is not like that!
- Very natural!

Cons:
- it can dry up your lips after a while

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own this in Plumped Pink. It's a soft baby pink with tons of gold shimmers. I have finally found a good gloss with GOLD shimmers! Lip gloss always comes with silver shimmer, or glitter that is just huge and cheap looking! I will likely try other colors as well now. This product goes for about $10 in drugstores (way too much money, I suggest you wait for a BOGO deal). A reader mentioned this below, but for some reason, the tubes of gloss are not sealed. That's disgusting, especially for drugstore makeup where teenagers love to open and sample the products. I'm a bit put off by that fact. When you buy this product, be sure to reach and take a tube from the back, like you're getting milk from the market. The product smells slightly like chocolate (ew) however the smell goes away the moment it hits my lips. It tingles just a tiny bit (not at all unbearable), but I do not see any kind of "plumping," nor was I expecting to. The formula is a bit tacky, where my hair will stick to my lips at all time, but still long wearing. Overall I'm very pleased with the formula and the color of this gloss, and willing to overlook the stickiness. Just don't wear this on a windy day :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by mulllllllsaaalll

I don't know if I got a spoiled lipgloss, but this is by far the worst lipgloss I have ever tried.
I got the color in Suede. Its a gorgeous nude champagne. But its sheer so that doesn't matter.First of all, the product wasn't sealed. If yours was, LET ME KNOW, and i'll throw mine away. I don't like buy products that aren't sealed because its just unsanitary, but I figured I'd tried it out anyways because I got it in the clearance bin for $2. Second of all, the smell is horrible. It smells spoiled. I can't handle it, it makes me gag.
I will try out other infallible lipglosses, but this one is going to the trash can.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Paris334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in color 115 (which I think says Blush but it's so tiny I cannot be sure!) and I really like it. I wear it over color-stay type lipsticks from CG, Revlon and Maybelline. I have horribly pale lips so if gloss or regular lipstick wear off I always have one of these colorstay type lipsticks underneath for backup.

So I wear this over lighter and darker pink colorstay lipsticks and it's very pretty. It does last all day but the top layer will come off all over your coffee cup or whatever you eat. But the bottom layer will last through lunch and the rest of your daily beverages. It's pretty sticky and I don't really dig that (hair in lipstick/gloss was something I happily said goodbye to when I started wearing the colorstay-type lipsticks) but the color makes up for that.

I would definitely buy this again and I have purchased it in one other color. It is nice but not as nice as this color - same formulation and it smells heavenly when applied! (Both colors.) If you don't like smell, it does disappear quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have this in truffle and sangria. i wear this lipgloss when i'm going to be in front of people all day at work and i won't have time to deal with retouching my lipcolor. truffle is a darker nude with shimmer and sangria is a slightly plummy pink with shimmer on my lips.

yes, this wears differently than normal glosses and lipsticks but that's because of the longwearing formulation. the color stays true for at least five hours in my experience. it doesn't last through a meal for me but i can easily reapply after eating and don't need a product that will last through eating.

someone else on MUA described the proper way to apply this product but i will paraphrase here: pull out the wand, apply on your upper and lower lips using only the product given in the one pull of the wand. do not dip the wand back in and add more to your lips.

this product is definitely a great buy esp if you can get it on sale. i can understand when others say it's uncomfortably dry on the lips. i just use burt's bees lip balm underneath and this makes it comfortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In Europe, the Infallible Lip Gloss is called Glam Shine 6H and the shades are quite different (in names only) but the texture and the packing are identical.
I am a lip gloss fanatic and I have like 30 from different brands. This is, I must admit, my favorite one even though it was very very cheap (like 10$) compared to my other lip glosses from Dior, Chanel, MAC, NARS, etc. I am not a big fan of the drugstore brands; I think that their products are low quality but with this lip gloss...Oh my God! It is true, it is sticky but that is what makes it last so long. Furthermore, even if it tends to get into the lips and stay there, it provides a veeery loong lasting shine and the color on the lips it's gorgeous. I never thought I'll say this but YES! I will buy this again and not only this shade; I wanna try all the shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by 1000cupcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY FAVORITE LIPGLOSS OF ALL TIME!!! I recently left a reveiw of the lipstick I will always purchase forever, now this is the lipgloss I will buy along with it. Sangria is my shade I wear alone or attop a ligtht colored lipstick. TRY THIS: Buy this lipgloss in the shade "fiery" then layer it over revlon's ''deep nude'' lipstick.Write me a messege telling me about all the compliments you will receive PLEASE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Jenblossom32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this long wearing gloss. I just bought the plumping style of Infallible and I love it. It tingles slightly and stays put well. It doesn't dry mouth lips out, it plumps them, the colors are great!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A pretty darn good lipgloss. I hate having to constantly reapply my lip colour/gloss throughout the day so I like products that stick around for longer than usual. I am a fan of MAC lipglass and its staying power but hated how it's price kept creeping up so I was always on the hunt for a cheaper alternative.

I think I've finally found it. This gloss reminds me of lipglass in many ways but is much more widely available and cheaper to boot.

Texture: This gloss is smooth, yet sticky. Let me say that again, it is sticky. I even find it a touch stickier than lipglass. But it doesn't bother me. The sticky factor is what makes it stay put. It is a touch drying, but hey most long wearing lip products are. You gotta take the bad with the good, right? Just use a good lip balm at the end of the day. The product also tends to some some of its glossiness after a few hours. It also has a vague, fruity scent to it that isn't too strong (thankfully).

Lasting power: This product claims to last for 6 hours but it doesn't. It lasts about 3.5 hours on me which is all I think you can expect from a lipgloss. I only need to reapply once over the course of a work day which rocks my world! This product stays on fairly well through eating and drinking, but you will likely need to reapply afterwards. It is not by any means transfer resistant.

Colours: Good range of hues ranging from pale, cool pink to deep berry/plum and red to warm corals/peaches and browns/beiges. Most of the shades have shimmer. I wish there were more neutral YLBB shades though as the one nude shade 'Barely Nude' is a touch too orangey on me. I also have 'Blush', a neutral, sheer medium pink with shimmer and 'Coral Sands', a beautiful gleaming peachy pink which reminds me of a cross betwen MAC lipglass in Enchantress and Prrrr. Love both these shades!

Application tips: Make sure your lips are clean and smooth. Apply the gloss, then keep your mouth open while it sets, about a minute or two. Do not rub your lips together white it is setting or else you may end up with a mess. A long wearing lipliner works well with this for some definition. Also before you reapply, wipe off any remaining traces of the gloss. I made the mistake once of not doing this and the result was a clumpy mess.

Packaging: Unique, flexible doe foot wand and the cap has a tiny mirror on top with which you can check your application. Neat. Me likey.

Price: about $9 Canadian but goes on sale frequently. I've purchased it for as little as $4.50 Canadian.

Overall: A good, affordable, relatively long wearing lip gloss. But you will only like it if you can tolerate sticky glosses. If you can't, then look elsewhere.

As for myself, I will definitely repurchase this! :)

Ingredients: Here ya go, straight from a L'Oreal printout I found by their display at a store,

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No