Cover Girl Brow and Eye Makers

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/28/2008 10:32:00 AM

Works ok for brows. Tried it for eyeliner (as advertised) & it smudged too soon.

MES

on 5/22/2008 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had been using another brand for years. Well one morning my usual brand just kept crapping out on me, it would not sharpen and it kept crumbling. I can not go anywhere without at least my brows and mascara done. I stopped in picked up a pack of these before work one morning. They were cheap, and I figured I'd just use them until I could get my normal brand. I've been really pleased with Cover Girl. These two little stumpy pencils lasted longer than one of the more expensive ones. Plus the color is more natural. I've never had any problems with these breaking in the sharpener either. These are a really good buy.

on 4/16/2008 12:20:00 PM

Only use this as an eyebrow pencil, it would be far too hard to use as eyeliner. Great product, very cheap and does the job nicely. The sharpener it comes with is no good but that's not a big deal. Have tried more expensive products by Merle Norman and Clinique and always come back to this one. UPDATE: This is a good product, but it has no staying power.

on 3/9/2008 8:04:00 PM

For the price, it is unbeatable. I wish it came in a longer stick, so I didn't have to buy it so often. Maybe that's Cover Girl's little dirty trick.

So, it doesn't go on as smoothly as the Estee Lauder I used to buy. I don't feel guilty if I misplace it, or break it too soon. Worth the effort and the price!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Dirt cheap and surprisingly good. The past month or so has signified my first attempts at defining and filling my sparse East Asian eyebrows and most results show up far too harse, overly defined or just plain bizarre and unflattering on me. I'm very uncomfortable with strong eyebrows and thought I'd found a HG with the many recs to try Shu Umura's Hard Formula Pencil in Seal Brown. (That's a whole other review entirely).

While Shu's hard formula pencil defined my brows nicely, I found the color slightly too brown and also, the price was quite a turn off ($25+ in Canada). One day, while shopping at for snacks of all things, I noticed this under $3, short mini-pencil in "Soft Brown" (a taupey ash color actually) and have been using it ever since.

It matches my sparse, black eye brows well, for a softer look and the waxy formula isn't all that different in usage from Shu's hard wax formula. It doesn't hold brows at all but the shade is perfect and looks more natural than any powder, wax or other product I've tried thus far other an Shu. I noticed a few reviews mentioned a lack of color payoff - However I feel this is one of the advantages of the product, and the waxiness lends to its ease of use and grooms the brows slightly better. The biggest advantage for me is low pigmentation helps as I am a major novice when it comes to filling in brows.

For reference: Pale East Asian, yellow complexion C20 in MAC, black eyebrows plucked to moderate thinness and jet black hair.

on 12/27/2007 3:19:00 AM

This product is terrible! I bought the soft brown because it was a nice color but quality is terrible. Yes, the price is dirt cheap but I'd rather pay a little more for a better brow and eye maker. I had to press so hard to get the color.. save your money and spend a little more on a better product. This is one of the worst products I've ever bought.

on 11/9/2007 8:53:00 AM

I thought I had found a HG in the Body Shop's brow pencil in Dark Brown. But I realised that this CG pencil in Soft Brown is a lot more flattering on my pale skin. It also exactly matches my light brown hair, and applies easily. The pencil is marketed as a combination brow pencil and eyeliner. As a brow pencil, this works wonderfully. The pencil is very hard, meaning that it won't flake or crumble on your eyebrows and you can build up the color gradually. However, this hard texture means that it doesn't work particularly well as an eyeliner. You have to really press hard in order to get any color payoff, and it tugs at the skin a little. I have found a new HG brow pencil, and for the low price, you get two pencils and a sharpener.

on 9/26/2007 5:55:00 PM

I have been purchasing this product in Soft Blonde for years to lightly highlight my brows. It's a splendid pencil- it lasts all day over my foundation and is the perfect match to my blonde hair. Very few people know I color in my brows, and I have this pencil to thank!
For around $2, it is a great deal- you get 2 sharpended pencils and a sharpener that is just as great.

on 9/20/2007 12:23:00 PM

I used this brow pencil in Soft Brown up until a recent new pencil shows me they have changed the tint. Now it doesnt work with my blondish silver hair anymore as it has a tannish color instead of a taupey color as it used to. Also I have decided that its too soft in texture and smears easily and the pencil doesn't last very long.

on 7/16/2007 11:08:00 PM

This product does go on very lightly when applied, but that's what's so great about it. I don't know if it's just me, but I look silly when my brows are shaded in too dark anyway. So with these pencils, just a few light strokes does the trick and provides me with very natural looking brows; especially during those moments when I get a bit tweezer-happy. Plus, they're cheap and have lasted me quite a long time.

Popular Brows Products