October 22, 2014 | 1015 users online

Brows - Cover Girl - Brow and Eye Makers

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pupster

Only use this as an eyebrow pencil, it would be far too hard to use as eyeliner. Great product, very cheap and does the job nicely. The sharpener it comes with is no good but that's not a big deal. Have tried more expensive products by Merle Norman and Clinique and always come back to this one. UPDATE: This is a good product, but it has no staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ajjoyce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price, it is unbeatable. I wish it came in a longer stick, so I didn't have to buy it so often. Maybe that's Cover Girl's little dirty trick.

So, it doesn't go on as smoothly as the Estee Lauder I used to buy. I don't feel guilty if I misplace it, or break it too soon. Worth the effort and the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlsmakegraves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Dirt cheap and surprisingly good. The past month or so has signified my first attempts at defining and filling my sparse East Asian eyebrows and most results show up far too harse, overly defined or just plain bizarre and unflattering on me. I'm very uncomfortable with strong eyebrows and thought I'd found a HG with the many recs to try Shu Umura's Hard Formula Pencil in Seal Brown. (That's a whole other review entirely).

While Shu's hard formula pencil defined my brows nicely, I found the color slightly too brown and also, the price was quite a turn off ($25+ in Canada). One day, while shopping at for snacks of all things, I noticed this under $3, short mini-pencil in "Soft Brown" (a taupey ash color actually) and have been using it ever since.

It matches my sparse, black eye brows well, for a softer look and the waxy formula isn't all that different in usage from Shu's hard wax formula. It doesn't hold brows at all but the shade is perfect and looks more natural than any powder, wax or other product I've tried thus far other an Shu. I noticed a few reviews mentioned a lack of color payoff - However I feel this is one of the advantages of the product, and the waxiness lends to its ease of use and grooms the brows slightly better. The biggest advantage for me is low pigmentation helps as I am a major novice when it comes to filling in brows.

For reference: Pale East Asian, yellow complexion C20 in MAC, black eyebrows plucked to moderate thinness and jet black hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 3:19:00 AM More reviews by xosandy

This product is terrible! I bought the soft brown because it was a nice color but quality is terrible. Yes, the price is dirt cheap but I'd rather pay a little more for a better brow and eye maker. I had to press so hard to get the color.. save your money and spend a little more on a better product. This is one of the worst products I've ever bought.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 8:53:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I thought I had found a HG in the Body Shop's brow pencil in Dark Brown. But I realised that this CG pencil in Soft Brown is a lot more flattering on my pale skin. It also exactly matches my light brown hair, and applies easily. The pencil is marketed as a combination brow pencil and eyeliner. As a brow pencil, this works wonderfully. The pencil is very hard, meaning that it won't flake or crumble on your eyebrows and you can build up the color gradually. However, this hard texture means that it doesn't work particularly well as an eyeliner. You have to really press hard in order to get any color payoff, and it tugs at the skin a little. I have found a new HG brow pencil, and for the low price, you get two pencils and a sharpener.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by anna_kahl

I have been purchasing this product in Soft Blonde for years to lightly highlight my brows. It's a splendid pencil- it lasts all day over my foundation and is the perfect match to my blonde hair. Very few people know I color in my brows, and I have this pencil to thank!
For around $2, it is a great deal- you get 2 sharpended pencils and a sharpener that is just as great.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ciat

I used this brow pencil in Soft Brown up until a recent new pencil shows me they have changed the tint. Now it doesnt work with my blondish silver hair anymore as it has a tannish color instead of a taupey color as it used to. Also I have decided that its too soft in texture and smears easily and the pencil doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by drevil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does go on very lightly when applied, but that's what's so great about it. I don't know if it's just me, but I look silly when my brows are shaded in too dark anyway. So with these pencils, just a few light strokes does the trick and provides me with very natural looking brows; especially during those moments when I get a bit tweezer-happy. Plus, they're cheap and have lasted me quite a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by laitaliana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these. I have soft brown & midnight brown. With these, its easy to make a good arch in my brow without looking too drawn on and harsh. When I wanna make my brows darker (the pencils usually go on light) I just use a gel then go over it with a shadow. Makes them look all defined n what not... But anyway I recommend these cuz they go on soft make it easy to change your eyebrow shape.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

CG brow & eye makers is one of the worst brow/eye pencils I have ever used. This pencil has a super waxy texture, and very little pigment payoff ... you have to press really hard to get any colour so I never use it for eyelining, and when you do press hard on brows, it clumps up your brows in waxy film! Makes for a really bad and unpolished look! This CG pencil is for the garbage.