April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2006 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mrfeefee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adored this smell until I decided one year to give it to my mother in law as a gift. Number one, everytime I smell it I think of her. Number two...so does my HUSBAND. The first and only time I ever wore it again, he said: "you smell like my mom". DONE. FINISHED. No more! It is floral and pretty and drys quite nicely...but no thanks!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by blush223

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OOH does this reek on me! Because of all the raves and Chandler Burr's review (that's twice he's gotten me to buy something that smells really off on me), I bought it without testing. Sounded wonderful. HOWEVER...on me I don't detect any clean freshness of apple or citrus, any unique, exquisite, ethereal blend of floral scents, none of it. From the moment I spritzed it on my wrist, it soured and smelled very, very sharp. It's a "needle through the head" fragrance on me. Must be a chemistry thing. Kind of reminds me, for some wierd reason, of heavy, fad scents like Giorgio or Angel. Different notes, but the same reaction and sharpness. I left it on to dry down and settle as long as I could, but it gave me such a headache, I had to scrub it off. It's still hanging around my sinuses, driving me nuts. I agree with the reviewer to said it was like a strong Comet or Ajax cleanser scent.

Not trying to insult anyone who loves this. It's probably much different on those with the right chemistry for it. I'd just suggest trying it for a few hours before buying. It seems like one of those scents that will either be lovely on you or will be absolutely dreadful.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by shellygilbert

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a sample of this perfume for $12, which is a bit steep, but I just had to try it. I love this perfume right now. The bottle has much to be desired, but it can be overlooked, in my opinion. This has become one of my staples, and my husband will be disappointed to know that I have to have a full sized bottle soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL is the perfect word to describe such a perfectly feminine scent. Although I had seen it advertised everywhere, I wasn't sold on the scent until I passed by a girl who was wearing it... and I was immediately intrigued. I had to have it! It's very clean, feminine, and perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by VaVaVoommm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the fragrance I get the most comments on! I wear it almost exclusively now. I put it on at 4 am before a long travel day with multiple airports. At 11 pm as I was racing through the airport to make it to the car rental on time, and got a little hot, the clerk begged me to tell her what perfume I had on. Even after the entire day, it was still going! A fragrance that draws, turns heads as you walk down the street. The type of perfume that will get you attention, with the addition of that both dreadful and delightful question that you will be asked: "What perfume are you wearing?" Ultra sexy and men will love this one.

By far this is my most favorite fragrance ever. I had to go overseas for work, and took bottles for gifts for all my staff. They were delighted. A little goes a long way!

It comes in a velvet box thats of course, Light Blue. The bottle is a sleek brushed glass with silver and a light blue plastic lid. Rectangular shaped, which I love. Sleek and clean.

Notes:

The top notes are granny smith apples, plus Sicilian cedar and bluebells. Middle notes are jasmine, white rose and bamboo, while the base notes are cedar wood, amber and musk. The base notes really balance out the apple and florals. When you first spritz, you get a big whiff of apple, but that fades within a few minutes and you are left with a light scent fruity-floral scent innocent yet sexy. This is a distinctive perfume and will not be mistaken for any other fragrance.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 2:13:00 PM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells like an expensive fruity baby powder on me. I don't think this is a womanly or teenage scent, it is a scent of a child or baby. They should have marketed this as a baby line and it probably would sell like hot cakes. It's not an offensive scent at all, very light and summery. Although I do like the scent, I would never purchase a full bottle. The bottle evokes a baby theme too being light blue and yellow. Maybe if I had a daughter and I was uber-rich then I'd buy this for her. As a body powder this scent would be heavenly. Notes: Sicilian Citron, Bluebell, Granny Smith Apple, Jasmine Sambac, Bamboo, White Rose, Cedar Wood, Amber, Musk. It's really light on the cedar wood, amber and musk, but the citron, bluebell, apple and rose is stronger. It doesn't last very long, so maybe the lotion would be more suitable.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mbennett2

Everyone I know loves this fragrance. It would be great as room freshener or floor cleaner, but does nothing for me. I keep trying this one, since I have a bottle and usually love citrusy fragrance, but there is something very chemical smelling on me. I really wish this would work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2006 9:19:00 AM More reviews by raggedy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate when this happens! I smelled this on someone else (one of my students)and it smelled wonderful - I just knew I had to have it and even thought it would end up being my signature fragrance. Every time she wore it, just smelling it on her made me feel happy. But when I finally got my own I was so disappointed. It smells too sweet on me and unfortunately lingers on my clothes. I used it in the evening, after my shower and even after laundering the nightgown twice the scent still lingers. One thing I am learning ... no matter how much I like a fragrance on someone else - I will NOT buy the large size when I want to try it on myself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2006 11:38:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

Would I buy this again? hmm... I would never buy it in the first place. I got it as a gift (eeerh....why, WHY???). It smells like, ugh...no words. Just bad. Bad. Bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2006 11:28:00 PM More reviews by TresMode

I was first introduced to this perfume when I was at a DS searching for a fragrance that would blow me away (story of my life...) The SA tried a few on me, but I liked none, then she gave me a sample of this and told me to try it at home. She said "I guarantee you'll love this". Next day at home, after I took a shower, I tried this with sky-high expections, and OMG , I couldn't believe how bad it smelled! I tried the sample several times after that day, but I hated it every single time. I am surprised that many people love it, it smells soooooo sharp and sour on me.