Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

3.7

on 1/19/2007 6:30:00 PM

Hmmm... first, let me say that I'm not a fan of citrusy scent. I've noticed Light Blue for quite awhile and I didn't not like it at all initially (it somehow reminds me of dish soap...) Today I tested again. I still didn't like the opening burst of citrus, but after 15 minutes or so, I started to appreciated its drydown, which was much softer, and it lingered.
I still prefer my Eau de Cartier than Light blue. They both smell fresh and clean, but EDC does so with a greener and less lemony scent. Plus, I don't find that many people wearing EDC, so it is MY special scent! ;)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i really like this scent. at first i thought it smelled sort of wierd, but when it dries down it smells really clean. in a way it sortttttt of reminds me of johnsons baby shampoo and i love the smell of that too. EDIT: i got really sick of this scent and everyone has it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love love love this light, lemony fragrance. Smells very clean, without any cloying notes that disagree with my body chemistry. Would definitely buy again.

on 1/10/2007 10:04:00 PM

I wanted to like this so badly, but sadly it just doesn't work with my chemistry AT ALL. It smells sharp and too musky...almost a musty smell...ewww. Fortunately, I only purchased a sample size because it is on the pricey side.

on 1/5/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love, love, love this fragrance! The top note is a burst of lemon, which I didn't initially like. However, it dries down to a beautiful clean sent. My favorite part is that I can still smell the apples in the dry down. Every time I get a whiff of this stuff, on myself or someone else, I smile. It's really a wonderful scent.
Edit: My love, love, love of this frangrance has worn off. I still think it smells beautiful on others but, lately it turns to lemon pledge on me.

on 1/1/2007 3:40:00 PM

Even though it's a bit pricey and the bottle isn't breathtaking... Light Blue is the HO of perfume for me. It's that one classic scent that no woman should be without! It starts out clean and fresh (yes, there is a hint of apple, but not in a nauseating way like DKNY) but over time you smell the musky undertones... truly beautiful and very sultry. It lasts all day long for me, something few other perfumes have been able to do so far!

on 12/31/2006 11:08:00 PM

This product really smells good. It has a great scent and is the one prefered by various boyfriends. I am one who usually likes natural perfume, but this one is very nice. It does not give me a headache like most chemical perfumes.

on 12/26/2006 9:46:00 AM

One of my favourite fragrances ever!!! Love the lightness of the perfume. I'm using my 3rd bottle of Light Blue now and still can't get enough of it!! I don't like too sweet and agressive perfumes so this one is perfect for me, it's suitable for both daily and evening wear.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

question for the MUAers out there who have this:
when you say it smells like apple is it like DKNY Be Delicious or would you say it's better? thanks!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Light Blue is my HG fragrance because on me it smells light and refreshing. It has a very clean scent which I enjoy. The only downside is that it's really popular and most of my friends wear it. Lately I've been on the quest for a unique scent that is still pleasant, which is hard to find.

Popular Fragrances