Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 8/25/2008 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm received this as a sample, during one of Clinique's bonus time offers. I have short, and very straight lashes, which I have to curl before wearing any mascara. However, all my curling efforts seem to be counterproductive, when I use this mascara.

I won't be purchasing this again, mainly for that reason. Texture-wise, it has not clumped for me (yet), but I have sparse lashes, so that could be why. It does lengthen a little bit. I'm guessing if you have long, naturally curly eyelashes, this might just work for you.

on 8/20/2008 5:01:00 PM

One of the best mascaras I have had - I like Lancome Hypnose and this seems to work just like that one. My lashes are long and curly but I wanted to make them look thicker and this mascara did it just perfectly. It doesn't smudge, stays put for the whole day and I don't have any problems with removing it in the evening. Great value for money too.

on 8/20/2008 3:54:00 PM

This is a more dramatic mascara - good definition, color, and does help my lashes curl and define. It is not easy to wash off and if you don't move quick, it can clump on you. If you want a more dramatic effect, this will give it to you.

on 8/15/2008 9:52:00 AM

I second what others are saying here, it made my lashes stick horribly together so much so that I would have to start over with application using a different product. I lengthens great, but spidery lashes are not cute! I attempted more than once because I thought perhaps it was my technic but no it was certainly the product. I will stick with Clinique's Naturally Glossy!

on 8/10/2008 11:36:00 PM

I received this as a GWP from Saks. I just threw it away because it is dry and it clumps a lot , gives me a little bit of volume but no lenght at all and what really bothers me is that makes my lashes stick together even if a comb them.

on 8/9/2008 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I received this in the new GWP. This does nothing for my lashes. It reminds me of when my mom bought me my first mascara in the 90s by old school covergirl brand and it was about $4, and did nothing for me. I have long dark lashes, so I dont need to use mascara in the daytime, but I wear mascara to give me that omph to my night time look unfortunately, this is like wear clear mascara. There are plenty of great mascaras I would certainly recommend over this, they are: lancome ampifls, estee lauder double impact, loreal volumious, covergirl volume exact, dior show, mark big macara, or avon supershock.

on 8/9/2008 12:42:00 PM

PROS: 1.gives volume and darkens,
2.does not irritate the eyes,
3. washes off easily,
4. at the end of the day does not end up under my
eyes

CONS: 1. very dry,
2. flakes and clumps ,
start all over again

on 8/5/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this in a clinique bonus gift, and its a decent mascara... But I have very short, straight asian lashes, and I have yet to find a mascara that thickens them, curls and lengthens them enough without clumping. I'm not buying this mascara, since I've pretty much given up on mascara, and I barely use it at all.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

For a mid-end product, I didn't really expect a lot from Clinique (this is the first Clinique mascara I've tried) but the colour was amazing! Nice, rich, true black, so YAY! The SA was hyping up it's lengthening qualities so I think she was a bit confused, as this mascara seems to be all about volume and colour, and not big on length.

Whatever, it is a very nice, black mascara that would be ideal for women with plenty of length but who need a little bit more 'puff' in their lashes. I need lots of 'puff' in mine and this ended up clumping way before I got volume. For reference~ I used 6 coats of this (working my way up over time) to give me the same volume I get from Volume extension beauty tubes in 1 coat.

on 8/4/2008 11:34:00 PM

Clinique High Impact Mascara ended up working for me. I went through a few mascaras, and I think this was the best one. It gives my lashes volume, which is something I always need. The brush isn't too big for my eyes (as I found with DiorShow Mascara). The price of High Impact is fairly reasonable, too.