BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 12/31/2006 10:34:00 PM

I love this product. I know alot of people aren't impressed with it because it doesn't seem to show up well. It really is true that it's not a blusher though. If it looks cakey, it's because you're putting too much on just the cheeks to make it show up more. If your problem is it's not showing up very well on the cheeks, well it's not supposed to. That doesn't mean the product isn't good because it's like saying "my foundation is rubbish as a concealer" or my blusher is a rubbish eyeshadow". It doesn't mean the foundation isn't a good foundation and the blusher's not a good blusher, That is afterall what they were designed to do. I have very pale skin which has the tendency to look washed out. Sometimes blush can make me look too made up and it's too obvious. So when I just want to give my skin a healthier colour without looking too made up this is the perfect alternative to a blusher, also there's the added bonus that it wakes up the whole face. So it just looks like a natural flush. The shade of this being something else that's great about it. It's very close to the natural colour of flushed skin so looks very natural. In my opinion it's the kind of product you're not supposed to notice when you look up close in the mirror. Or something you can point at and say it's there on your skin. You have to step back from the mirror and look at the effect it has on your skin overall. Kind of like something you can't see but it's making a difference. Also I think like alot of makeup, if it doesn't work/look right on you. That doesn't mean it's a bad product. Just that what can make a huge difference on one person can look rubbish on someone else. I think dandelion works best on very pale skin as it can only really do what it's designed to do on pale skin in my opinion.

on 12/31/2006 9:32:00 PM

I really love this product. I have fair skin with olive undertones and I use this (lightly) as an all-over brightening powder on top of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It looks pretty and fresh and not overdone -- I get lots of compliments on my skin. One box lasts me a while, probably six months or more. And I have never minded the smell or the packaging.

on 12/30/2006 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product after reading the reviews and the hype about it from mags, but sadly this did not show up on me, next time I'll be getting the dallas blusher.

on 12/27/2006 11:43:00 PM

This stuff is my favorite blush so far, not hg, but close. I love the packaging and brush, it feels so nice to sweep it against my cheeks. My skin is pale and this gives my face color and brightness. It says "brightening face powder" on the package, and it really is more that, rather than a blush. I got comments on how my skin glowed. This color will probably won't work with most skin tones, and if you put too much on, it looks cakey. I still love what it does for my skin. Cute packaging, will repurchase.

on 12/25/2006 12:34:00 AM

I don't actually own Dandelion, but I have tested my friends on several occasions. It's really gorgeous and natural looking. The texture is very nice and the color is gorgeous and shimmery, in a natural way. I haven't shelled out the money for this because I own 387 blushes, but this really is nice, and there is a lot of product in the container. The packaging is very cute, but not very practical and kind of annoying. Still, I do believe this blush lives up to the hype, however, you could probably find a similar blush for cheaper(I haven't found one that looks as nice on my cheeks as Dandelion though).

on 12/23/2006 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don't get the raves about this. have fair skin but it never showed up. Not a fan of any BEnefit products I have tried

on 12/15/2006 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is really a beautiful color. It gives a natural glow on my pale skin, which is hard to come by (most blushes are either too-bright pinks or orange/dirty). The only problem is, it's too sheer for use as a blush. I had to put a ridiculous amount of product on my face to get any color, which looked chalky. That being said, Benefit actually markets this as a "face powder," not a blush, meaning that it is supposed to be just a very light dusting over the whole face to give a glow. This would probably be better for darker skins thad don't have plenty of pink already.

on 12/13/2006 5:44:00 PM

i've used this nearly every day for about 3 years. it looks very fresh on my skin (PPP). the smell isn't too obnoxious and it lasts a long time. i ditched the brush it came with, though, and use a little kabuki brush instead. much better.

on 12/11/2006 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A pretty color but the consistency of Benefit blushes is too chalky and harsh. Just too many great blushes out there to deal with this one. Respectfully submitted, colormepink

on 12/10/2006 8:49:00 PM

The prettiest pink perfect for everyday and that just makes me feel.. well.. pretty! Love the color and the way it gives me a glow on my pale olive skin. The packaging may be cute but it is NOT travel-friendly. Just stays on top of the dresser when I go away. A shame! But a shame well worth it.

Popular Blush Products