September 17, 2014 | 1600 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by kitchera

This is a great highlighter for use sparingly. Good for opening your eyes ups, by using a little under the brow line. Also a little on the top of the cheeks is nice too. I wouldn't recommend for use elsewhere though as it is very shiny and sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 3:16:00 AM More reviews by loudasstinnie

i love this product! when im on the go or late for work or school.. pop this sucker in your purse and bam! you wont look so tired. i also used this as a brow highlighter. i dont put much on though. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by surrah

I love this! I like the cute little bottle with the brush applicator. I really like that it's more pink than gold, this works a lot better for my skin tone. It's also slightly shimmery but not like a glitter bomb. Its perfect to use for your contouring and highliting. Be sure to not use it all over and not to use too much though, you'll look like a grease pit. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by xangelicx9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing if you know where to apply it.
Its my perfect highlighter and looks amazing on top of the NARS orgasm blush. The little nail-polish bottle brush makes applications quick and easy. My only pet-peeve about this product is that it tends to cake around the top somehow... no matter how carefully I try to close it without getting a runny mess on the neck of the bottle, it still manages to grow there somehow. Its give an amazing dewy gorgeous look if you know where to apply this..... You shouldn't apply this where the sun "hits you face the most" because you're going to look like an oil-slick before you even leave the bathroom.

Application- So basically, if you were to touch the outer corners of your eyes and draw an imaginary line down to your cheek bones, thats where you would apply this. Apply three dots and blend them inward on your cheek bone BUT DO NOT BLEND PAST THE MIDWAY POINT OF YOUR UNDEREYE. If you blend more inward than your iris, you will look shiny. You can also use this on your eyelids for a really natural and light finish - its ohsoprettyyyyyyyy <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by cway

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not sure if I like this product or not.
It is doing its job well - which is highlighting.
But my nose area sometimes gets oily because of this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relation with this product. I love the fact that it put a shimmer finish on my face and make it dewy looking -- but I don't love the texture, it always feel a little greasy to me and on dryer days ,it's really hard for me to blend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 6:46:00 AM More reviews by jessajessajessa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! Whilst my hereditary baby-face may never be mistaken, this has certainly helped a bit in shaping those hidden cheekbones of mine. I am not really a fan of glitter or sparkly highlighters (or makeup in general), but the slight shimmer creates an iridescence. I like that it is a light pink-based colour rather than a golden yellow like Moonbeam. The packaging is slightly irritating though, as the glass jar does not make the product very portable. However, it stays on for a long time so I guess that makes up for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Benefit Highbeam is not a favourite product from the Benefit range of mine. It's one of those items I could most definately live without. Like all Benefit items, it comes at a price, and in Highbeams case it is a hefty 15.50 available from Debenhams Boots, or Selfridges.

Highbeam comes in a small glass bottle similar to that of a nail polish, though rounder and fatter in appearance. It is a clear glass through which you can see the pink pearl liquid. It looks like a sugar pink pearlised nail varnish and there is a brush attached to the lid which picks up a desired amount of the Highbeam ready for using. The liquid is a good consistency; it is not thin, runny, or ineffective. You can apply the Highbeam wherever you want the highlighting effect. I used it on my cheekbones & under my eyebrows, blending it in with my fingertips. I assumed it would catch the light nicely and give a very pretty sheen/healthy glow there. In all honesty, it didn't. It didn't leave my skin looking radiant or fresh...infact, I can't really say what it did, because it didn't do anything! If you looked right upclose to my face (with a magnifying glass...) you could perhaps see a slight bit of shimmer, but other than that, nothing. I don't think it flattered my skintone all that much either -- pink doesn't go too well with my olive skintone. I'd probably recommend this more towards the fairer skinned ladies.

I also find the blending a bit difficult over makeup...it ruins it because it just wipes it off.

On the plus side, the bottle does last a long time and you will find that a little of this product does go a long long way. I purchased the sister product to high beam - moon beam. The MA recommended this to me because of my skintone...she said moon beam was designed for tan/olive/black skin whilst the high beam was for lighter skintones. & I must say, I agree with her. I've had much more success with moon beam -- it gives me a radiant glow & makes me look fresh.

Wouldn't repurchase. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by HChristine90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nothing really special, The Body Shop and many other places sell highlighting and shimmering products. But I like the applicator which allows me to apply it on my brow bone area, inner eye corners (tear duct area), and above cheekbones. But again, nothing really special. The product fades after only an hour or less if not used above primer, foundation, and translucent powder and sticks to your fingers when blending so I feel like I might be wasting it. But still a cute product for a subtle look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely a great value because the product does last a long time and it's great highlighter that doesn't look too disco for work.