July 29, 2014 | 1757 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by carabara84

If you have remotely oily skin, you should look away from this product, IMO. I don't consider myself extremely oily but more combo, but this somehow increased the stickiness and overall shine of my face. I got this to wear on vacation knowing I was going to sweat a lot, and this does seem to wear well as far as strictly water goes. Once the oil-rigs started pumping, that's all she wrote. This went back to the store.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by calikitten118

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i'm so disappointed this didn't work for me. i've recently been looking for something to switch to because BE isn't making me happy anymore. i was about to buy MUFE Face and Body when I found out that MAC made one too. It's cheaper, you get more, and I like the bottle way better than MUFE, so I went to a MAC store and had them color match me and got a sample. I was matched to C2. I came home, tried it on, and HATED it. one, I don't think the color was correct. I think that N2 would have been way better. Regardless, this didn't do it for me. The formula made me feel like I was pulling at my skin, it kinda burned, and it not only provided ZERO coverage (I know it's supposed to be sheer, but this was nothing) it actually accentuated every flaw on my face and made me look shiny, wet, and gave me the appearance of huge pores (mine aren't small or unnoticable by any means, but MUFE covers them great). I'm really really bummed, I wanted this to work SO much because of the price, amount, and packaging, but it's just not for me. MUFE it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by claudiaee

I wish I would have tried this product sooner. I remember one day, I was in MAC, and the MA had glowy skin. I asked her what foundation she used, and she said "Face & Body". I didn't need foundation at the time, so I didn't buy it... but now that I did, I get compliments on my skin all the time. I love this stuff. I use MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Powder on top - and I have to agree with others - I love the packaging!

Oh, and I use a foundation brush to "paint" this on :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by maconmyface

I really love this product. While it's perfect for those needing light/sheer coverage, It can easily be layered for more coverage. You get a ton of product for the price you pay for it. I did the math, and this was actually cheaper per fluid ounce than the drugstore liquid foundation I used previously. It comes in a sanitary plastic squeezy bottle, perfect for squirting the product onto a palette. Just be careful not to be too aggressive with it, since the product is very thin and too much can come out of the bottle if not handled carefully.

I find that this applies onto my skin the best when I use my fingers or a dual fiber skunk brush(to stipple it on). I find that a regular foundation brush is too slow to blend this quick-drying product.

Even though the foundation is light coverage, it can be layered to a medium coverage. I have dark marks on my face from old pimples, so I follow this foundation with MAC Full Coverage foundation as a concealer(this is the same formula as MAC Studio Finish concealer only in a bigger container). Even if I use a lo of product on my face, it feels very natural. I don't *feel* the makeup on my face, like I did with other formulas.

I highly recommend this product to anyone, unless they REALLY need a full coverage foundation all over their entire face. I will repurchase this product because I love the natural look and feel that it gives.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by indecisivejo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this online after it was recommended to me by more than one person...i was looking for a foundation for my ridiculously sensitive skin and i wanted something that was a light coverage to even out my skin tone,provided a natural finish(neither matte,nor dewy)and something that wasnt going to irritate my skin or break me out(my skin is very difficult!) This foundation was supposedly "perfect" for me so i ordered it and waited excitedly for it to arrive.
I recieved it 2 days later in the morning so i quickly had a shower and cleansed etc so i could get my make up on.The colour was almost perfect for me (N2) so was feeling quite positive,however this was the ONLY good thing about this foundation! The coverage was basically non existant and it looked like i had just wiped oil all over my skin (i shook the bottle beforehand too) This also seemed to irritate my skin and i was breaking out alot more (i break out enough as it is!)
I called MAC customer service to express my disappointment and im now waiting for my returns label to arrive!....The search for my HG foundation continues :-(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore the dewy look this gives me! Its just the right amount dewiness too, not to much but definately enough for that glow and I didnt think you could get a glow for a foundation! Some say you get oily with this but I kind of think that goes hand in hand with the the whole dewy thing...I apply withmy fingers and then use a translucent powder onmy T zone and use that or oil blotting sheets to touch up. I love the way my face looks when I wear this, real...and not photoshopped but polished. Also the bottle is huge and you get a ton, especially for 32 bucks. The only thing thats awesome and more reasonable is Carmindy Your Skin but that is a bit to much coverage for every day for me. Now for what I didnt like...first the shade I got was N1, the lightest possible and it is just a touch 2 dark. Not to dark to look bad but being a perfectionist about things that go onmy face and body I can tell its the tiniest bit to dark for me. Being really pale and knowing that MAC seem to not care about the pale this does not really bug me. Atleast not enough to stop me from using this. Buying the pro White shade of F&B and mxing is always an option, a bit of a pain in the ass but definately not impossible. Also I am not wild about the texture / consistancy...its a bit to watery which promotes over use. But again, that won't stop me from using this. I'll just apply conservatively. So on look, performance, value / price this may very well become a Holy Grail, right now my number 1 foundation is By Terry Light Expert which is actually pretty similar but less watery and more expensive with the same shade dilemma of the lightest color being to dark so I am just going to use the 2 and see which one wins. All and all this is a great foundation and as long as you can find a color match and are looking for the more sheer coverage and dewy finish I highly reccomend this! EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Tried MUFE Face And Body and it much better, better colors...better finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Aline7

Ok i have almost ALL the MAC foundations out there.. and thought I would try face and body because lately every foundation has been making me feel cakey... i think cuz it's summer. ;)

I bought this recently and I am in love.. it is very sheer but buildable.. ESPECIALLY if you use a sponge applicator... if you have acne like me.. use a spunge and do dabbing motions... it is great!! just enough... but if you have very large imperfections that you want covered look elsewhere..
but for minor things and pores and such it works great! :D

It is like a second skin.. but REMEMBER. you have to set this with a powder. i prefer blot powder (MAC) or studio fix powder (if it is not too hot outside and i went a bit more coverage)..

If you dont set it , it doesnt last as long even though it is water resistent... Also if you dont set it.... the liquid itself is a 'dewy' finish... so setting it with powder gives more of a matte look which i prefer..

So next time u at MAC, check this sh*te out yo!!
It rocks!!
p.s I dont like the packaging because the squeeze bottle gets messy.. u will see what i mean if you get it...
but oh well.. it is worth it. the price is good too.. cuz u get a lot of product for 38 dollars Canadian!

i hope they dont discontinue N1... i got N1 .. but i know N2 could have worked too.. very subtle difference.. but i got N1 (cuz now i am tan a bit and it works.. but in the winter i dont want it to be too dark so i got the lightest N series).
Hope this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Jennellexoxo

This is the stuff that makes me love makeup. Beautiful sheer coverage that is very buildable. I am actually mad at myself for not purchasing this sooner. If it wasn't for you lovely people I would never even consider getting a foundation that could also be used for body. I have this in N1 and it gives me a lovely glow without looking too cake faced. Good sized bottle as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Mkuplove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

My overall impression: I have been wearing it a little over a week and half and I love it, I apply everyday minerals multitasking concealer or mac studio fx concealer underneath and then using my EDM kabuki brush i buff the liquid foundation onto my face for a flawless finish. My skin is not perfect and on close inspection you can see where my imperfections are, but honestly this foundation gives me such healthy looking skin i couldnt ask for more. I am definitely repurchasing this, and im getting a lighter shade for the fall/winter, as for now its my HG foundation...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is my perfect everyday foundation! i absolutely love this stuff! it has suprisingly a good amount of coverage, is extremely buildable,has a slightly dewy appearance, worked amazingly with my dry skin and is great value for money considering you get 120 ml for the same price as the regular 30ml foundations., it appears extremely runny when i first poured it out of the bottle and wasnt sure what to expect but it blends like a dream! i apply prep and prime spf50 ( double sided sticky tape!!) beforehand and msf in medium to set and it lasts all day.i got shade c4 as i am about a nc25/30 and apply it with the infamous 187 for a flawless finish. its also really pretty when you apply a little bit to the body mixed with strobe cream (or any other moisturiser) when you want a glow but dont want the hassle of tanning, exfoliating etc. the only problem with is was the packaging- the bottle can be slightly messy but if thats its only fault we're on to a winner! oh how i love this!