MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 10/14/2009 2:05:00 PM

I've been a super faithful user of the Bare Minerals foundation for about 6 years, but this has actually led me to make the switch! I bought this in C4, and i'm usually anywhere between NC35-NC42. I highly, highly recommend this foundation if you don't have significant discoloration/blemishes/scars on your face, and you just need to even out yoru skintone better. It has somehwat of a sheer coverage, but i think you can build it up. I found that applying this with my 190 was a bit difficult because it was just so watery, and resorted to applying it with my fingers which actually gave better results. by warming up the foundation with your fingers, you make the consistency a bit creamier and gives better coverage. It has sort of a "wet" feeling, and it is very moisturizing - but i found the bare look of JUST this foundation to be overhwelmingly "wet", so after i set it with MAC's mineralized skinfinish natural in medium dark, it was perfect. this combination makes my skin look just flawless. it has a "soft focus" look, sort of the high definition look that all makeup companies are advertising at the moment. In fact, mac does advertise this combination (the face/body foundation, MSF, with the use of their 187 and the new brush - i can't remmeber what it's called but it has the stippling bristles in the shape of the 190 brush) as their HD look. the staying power of this foundation is great - but I do need to use the mac blot powder several times a day which is no problem for me as I have to do this with EVERY single foundation i've tried thus far.

all in all, this is a great foundation for people with only minor skin problems looking for sheer to medium coverage. i think this will be great for the winter, as it is incredibly moisturizing on your skin wheras my bare minerals in powder form as well as the bluffing motion that i had to emply to put it on made me dry and flaky in the wintertime. It does need to be set with some sort of powder, and i highly recommend using the MSF. it retails for $32, and i think that is a ridiculous bargain for how much product you get, considering you need to use only a tiny amount each time!

on 10/14/2009 10:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this in C2 which is perfect for my NC25. I apply it with the Sigma F80 (SS 197) flat kabuki brush which by the way I strongly recommend if you want your liquid and creamy foundations to spread on your skin like butter without streaks and achieve a perfect natural flawless look, Ive used my hands, the Mac 187 and a sponge and the results were horrible, I used to hate this foundation but recently Ive decided to give it another try with the Sigma brush and now I just love it and wear it everyday. It lasts almost the whole day and gives a nice glow to the skin so if you have oily skin stay away! On top of it I apply the Origins multi grain in medium then my Chanel bronze universel and Im ready to go with a very healthy glowy looking skin

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Right now I am really loving this foundation. It's my HG. My color is C3 & I am an NC30 MACs other liquid fdtns. Since my local MAC counter doesn't carry this fdtn, I talked to a MA on MAC's website and she suggested C3. It is a better match for me than the SFF and the Studio sculpt. This has a very dewey finish which is a bit much for me but it gets toned down when I set it with powder (MAC's prep + prime transparent finishing powder) and becomes very natural looking. People were complimenting me on my skin and telling me I was glowing all day. Its saying power is also very good it lasted me 9 hours before I took it off. It did not oxidize one bit it looked fresh and beautiful all day long. I would describe the coverage as low to medium. You can build this without looking all cakey. No break outs so far :) I will and would definitely rebuy I am in love!

on 10/6/2009 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i finally purchased this after ages of curiosity, and i'm definitely pleased. it's waterproof, sheer and lightweight (but still very build-able) looks completely natural and doesn't make me break out. my only qualm is that the lightest color, c1, is too dark for me :( but as the product is very sheer, it doesn't matter much- i kind of like the glow it gives me.

on 10/5/2009 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the fact that this is a light weight, sheer coverage foundation, yet it's water resistant. This foundation makes my face appear smoother and it's soo easy to blend. I love using my MSF natural as my finishing powder. The packaging sucks, it's kind of pricey, but i would definately purchase this again because it lasts long.

on 9/28/2009 1:05:00 PM

I was in love with Studio Tint and when that got discontinued I thought I would give Face & Body a try. The color is an even better match for me, however I get super oily after a few hours. I usually use blotting sheets every couple hours when I'm wearing this foundation. I'm still using it because the color and coverage are perfect for me, but I just wish I didn't get so oily with it. I'm out of primer right now so when I start using a primer with face & body I'll update my review. I'd repurchase, but it's just more high maintenance (keeping up with oil control throughout the day) than I was hoping.

on 9/22/2009 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've been searching for a foundation that's matches my skintone, doesn't cause breakouts, and hopefully oil-free. This foundation is it (I use C3). Since it's water-based, it always looks dewy on my skin, and offers enough coverage without looking too made up. I'll even apply it to my legs on evenings when I'm showing them off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the first ever MAC face product I have bought and marked the beginning of my MAC addiction.

Pros:
- the colour/ shade: I have lightish Asian yellow toned skin and bought this in C2 and the shade suits me almost perfectly.
- the coverage: it is very sheer coverage but buildable for medium coverage. It gives a nice 'me but better' look.
- the finish: because it's a water-based foundation, it gives a very natural, dewy finish. It gives a flawless, matte look with a finishing powder such as MSF Natural, Sheer Select etc. Or you can mattify with a translucent powder such as Prep and Prime or I just use Jurlique Silk Dust.
- the application: people complain that it is too watery or liquidy, but if you apply it with your fingers thereby warming it up first it blends like a normal liquid foundation.
*Tip*: I usually pour some out on the back of my hand and then dip my fingers into it to apply. If I need extra coverage in some areas, I pour it out on the back of my hand then lightly pat it in with a brush and smooth it out with my fingers.
-the price: in Australia, this is $60 and you get 4oz or 120ml which is HEAPS compared to Laura Mercier or Stila which I have also used. Those are only about 1/3 the size/ amount.

Cons:
- the packaging: the bottle is not transparent, it is opaque which means you can't see how much you've used or the EXACT colour of the foundation. The little nozzle is also quite annoying because when you shake it (and you have to shake it) a little always spill onto the tiny black cap and I feel like its a waste.
The bottle is also massive and heavy which means I need to pour it into travel bottle when I go on holiday.
- the access: this is a Pro Product which means you can only buy it at a MAC Pro store. Luckily, I have a Pro store near me which I am always at. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you can also buy it online, it's just not available at department stores.
- the coverage: although I bought this because I love sheer-medium coverage, if you want full coverage, this is definitely NOT for you. If you want a full-coverage foundation, look at Studio Sculpt or Studio Fix foundation if you like MAC. I haven't used any of them but I hear they are perfect for full coverage.

Otherwise, if you're looking for sheer coverage with a very natural dewy finish, I would definitely recommend this. If you're lucky enough to be near a Pro Store, ask an MUA to recommend a shade. MAC MUAs are legendary.

I am a MAC addict; however I am not a fan of MAC foundations. I love their lip/eye/cheek products; love their brushes, etc... I have returned almost all of the foundations I have purchased from them, with the exception of this one (and the MAC powder studio fix)... At first I neglected this foundation for a while, because I normally like to wear more coverage and because it was MAC. This summer I have been giving tons of love to my liquid foundations, specially the lighter ones. And this one has been one of my favorites. When I am not battling with acne, I love wearing this one. It is light, however it is buildable. I feel it is perfect for the summer time. This in combination with my beauty blender has been my goto combo for the last month to go to work. I really like it.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My favourite liquid foundation. I have great skin most of the time, so the sheer coverage of this product is great for me. You could probably build it to medium coverage, but I've never used that much. It is long wearing, and is great even for my oily skin, as well as hot CA weather. What's so great about this for me is the consistency; it's very watery, which makes it perfect to apply with the MAC 187. Also, I wear N1, but I cusomize the shade by mixing in some vanilla pigment, as well as the face and body foundation in the white shade (a pro product). I stipple it on, then lightly swirl to blend. The finish is slightly dewey, which I matte with a translucent finishing powder. Probably the best foundation for those who only want minimal, natural looking coverage.