December 18, 2014 | 1646 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 6:47:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

mac face & body is my [hg] foundation. my shade is "C4" i have tried every one mac has, and this is my favourite. i have really good skin, i don't have acne, or scars..so all i really need is to even out my complexion. i found that face & body does that and more. it gives me face a very even, perfect creamy look. the formula is very runny, i pour it into a plastic dome that would come in a msf & dip my 188 brush in it and stipple my face. i don't swirl because face & body can give you that pixelized airbrush finish if you do it right. this is not matte or shiny , it has a nice satin dewy finish to it. if you use two coats, you can get fuller coverage. i love this for photo shoots because you cant even tell im wearing makeup yet i look perfect. and i never break out with this which is important because my job is to be in front of the camera. a trick i like to do if i want a natural glo, is take strobe liquid, or a light pigment like "fairy-lite" "vanilla" or "naked' and mix a little of that in with your foundation, and you are set. on days that i want fuller coverage i put my "mineralized skinfinish natural" in shade: "medium dark" & buff it in. its a perfect finishing/setting powder. i would recommend face & body to girls that like light-medium coverage, have a good complexion to start with, or just want a really nice tinted moisturizer. the best brushes to use with this is are the 188, 187, and the 109. also you get a really good amount for your money. 4oz compared to the 1oz you normally get with other foundations is nice, i have had my first bottle for over six months and im not even a 1/3 of the way through! i cant say enough good things about face & body :)

[**i love love love love itt***]

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this in c1.. I was looking for a tinted moistureizer and Mac does not make them anymore.. So I bought this.. I was a little afraid I would not like it so I kept the box and the reciept but I wore it the other day.. i used two coats.. and I adore it.. I like it for the days I don't want to wear heavy face makeup. I use it with blot powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This for me is a tinted moisturizer. I find it gets too oily if I use it on top of my moisturizer, so I use it on top of my Decleor Neroli aromessance in the mornings and I'm happy. It's really sheer and just evens out skin tone. I have it in C1 which is still a touch dark but it's not obvious. I hate the feel of foundation and my skin isn't too bad so this is good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't had this long but i am loving it. It provides light coverage and gives a dewy glow. Used with a primer this foundation stays on all day and a plus for me is that i hardly have to touch up with powder to keep shine at bay. I wear N1, which is a bit darker than my skin but the closest match i could get. As its so sheer it blends really well making it look like my skin but only better.
EDIT: I used N1 in the summer after i had gotten back from holiday- that shade is too dark for me now;i use C1 mixed with white for my NC/NW10 skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I cannot get enough of F&B! I'm a C4. I used to use Studio Fix Fluid in NC35 and NC40 and I really loved the flawless matte finish it left me but sometimes it felt too heavy on my face. I wanted to try something new and light that I could use on a daily basis and after talking to a few MAs at my local pro store, they all agreed that F&B was one of their favorite foundations. I was a bit hesitant at first because I was so used to SFF and the heavy matte coverage which concealed every imperfection on my face, but I gave it a shot. I would say that this is light coverage but can be built up to a medium coverage with two coats. I have pretty good skin, the occasional breakout or two, but a bit of unevenness. F&B really helped clear up my complexion and I can already feel that it allows my skin to breathe much more so than other heavy foundations. This did not break me out either. Gives more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. Love the dewy natural finish and light feel. It's not overly dewy to the point where it would look like greasy shine. It's just enough to look healthy and moisturized. For my oily skin, I like to use mineral powder foundation in the summer but F&B is perfect for spring, autumn, and especially winter when my skin starts to look sallow and needs a little glow and moisture. If you have oily skin, I would recommend a light dusting of setting powder on top. When I want my skin to look extra radiant with a healthy glow, I set F&B with my Giorgio Armani Micro-Fil Loose Powder in 2. These two together will give you a model glow you see in ads! I also really love the mess-free hygienic squeeze tube bottle. A bottle will last you forever and although it is a bit more expensive than other MAC foundations, the amount of product you get is well worth it. A little tip from the MA I talked to: Pour some of the foundation out into a travel size bottle and use that up while keeping the original bottle in the refrigerator. It will help keep it fresh since it's a large amount of product and will be used for quite some time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally wrote a mediocre review for this product but have since changed my opinion on it! First off, I have combo (oily t zone, normal cheeks) fairly acne-prone skin. F&B appealed to me because it was waterbased and comes in a huge hygienic squeeze bottle (120ml compared to standard 30ml bottles) for about £22.

Anyway, I usually use NC40 but in F&B, I use either C5 or C6. To be honest, this foundation has really sheer colour payoff. I'm the same skintone as say, Eva Longoria (olive/tan), yet Tyra Banks uses C6 in F&B. Go figure! I've tried C4 but it's way too light for me as my face is lighter than my body. C5 is on the light side aswell so C6 is my usual shade.

I really like the wear of this foundation - it lasts all day (with blot powder ontop) and doesn't get overly greasy. At most, I get a dewy look on my t zone, but I just touch up with some blot powder. I use my 187 to apply this and it gives me a near-flawless, but NATURAL finish. The coverage is suprisingly good for something so light, I don't need to use concealer or anything. F&B with blot powder ontop gives a really nice natural look and doesn't feel heavy on the skin like a lot of foundations do, or leave your face looking 'mask'-like. Best thing is --- NO BREAKOUTS!!!!

Overall, I really like this foundation, and I think it's near HG status for me. I wish the colour payoff was better...but it's nothing major to complain about really, especially if your face is the same shade as your body, unlike mine. Make sure you moisturize before applying, especially if you have dry spots, or else it will highlight this and will go on streaky. I would recommend this! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by monniccaaa

I'm 15 years old with acne-prone/combination-oily skin. I bought this for light coverage and its barely gives coverage. On top of that, it made my oily skin look more oily even after I set it with Studio Fix Powder. It also gave a really yucky and sticky feel on my face. It was just kind of gross. So sad, I had high hopes for this product :(

Since this didn't give enough coverage, I'm moving up to Studio Fix Fluid... wish me luck :)

EDIT! BIG FAT EDIT!!! Thursday, March 19, 2009

I realized that this foundation is NOT bad at all. Before I used this, I just used a bunch of Studio Fix Powder and when I switched to using this and the powder I barely put any powder on because I think I didn't need any at all! I'm talking swipe the brush in the powder once and dust this all over. I finally realized I need a bit more powder and it gives me great coverage without looking oily!! Hehe :) YAY

... I know, I'm kind of a dummy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Seary_Fairy

Many people dislike this foundation because it has minimal coverage but that was what initially drew me towards this product. It’s sheer but buildable, although can begin to look a little heavy if you build it up too much (at least on me). Nice for “good skin days”. Gives a very dewy fresh finish once first applied but if you doesn’t set with powder it may look a little greasy, especially as the day wears on and for this reason, I wouldn’t recommend this product to those with oily skin. I didn’t like how this tended to separate in warmer weather, and I also found the scent a little strong, but for the price, you get heaps of product, which is great value.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I happened to buy this foundation for 2 reasons: 1. That its the only mac foundation i havent tried yet and 2. Ive heard COUNTLESS times cheryl cole and danni m from x factor say how their world would fall apart if this foundation was ever discont! Firstly, for my nc30-32 skin shade C3 was perfect- i loved the golden undertone. Also it photographed true to its actual shade which is extremely rare with foundation- they usually photograph a lot lighter than they actually are making my body look tanned and white face. Sadly thats where the compliments stop with this make up. I found it extremely sheer and i think i have quite clear skin, but it just looked ''too'' sheer, and of course i had to use my becca concealer on odd blemishes. But the worst thing was the shine. This was sooooo shiny and oily on me within 20 mins of powdering (mac pressed powder). I wore this on one occasion and then powdered my t zone (i have combo skin) I was waiting for my friend to come over and fell asleep for an hour on my bed. When she came she asked me why my face looked so oily and greasy! and it was this make up! I never have this problem with studio tech so i will try this as a body foundation for photoshoots other wise in the bin it goes :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by benefix

I bought this product before I had joined this site and so went on the SA recommendations.I was originally looking for a tinted moisturiser and ended up buying this product.I was really undecided for ages but now I know I just don't like it.Its just too sheer.I find it really hard to use concealer with it as then I end up with matte patches on a really shiny face.Maybe that's just my make-up skills or lack there of.I don't even think dewy is the right description for the look it gives you.I have really sensitive skin with a lot of redness and this just irritates it.If you have perfect skin that isn't sensitive I can see why you might like this,b,ut if you don't I wouldn't purchase this.