MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 2/17/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation defenitely provides a light coverage and I LOVE it!! Im a full coverage kinda girl and i never thought i would love this soooo much! I used mac studio fix in NC 40 but it always looked soo cakey! I bought this in C5 and im in love! It gives a dewy look which looks great and soo natural! I do have to use concealer to cover my blemish scars but i find that applying a concealer on your problem areas and then this light foundation can still give you a full coverage look with out looking cakey. I use mac studio scult concealer this foundation and the mineralized skinfinish to set it and it looks amazing!!!!! Not a big fan of packaging because the foundation is very liquidy and runny. Price is explainable since you are getting 4 oz....8 dollars for 1 oz which is cheaper than many drugstore foundations!!!

on 2/14/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I wear C7 and it is the perfect match on my NC45 skin. I LOVE this foundation. I apply this with a disposable sponge and set it with a thin layer of bare minerals. After about an hour it leaves my skin with a NATURAL dewy glow, and it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. HOWEVER, this doesn't provide much coverage, so you would definitely need concealer if you're looking to cover scars/discoloration. I also want to mention it doesn't break out my extremely sensitive skin like ALL other MAC foundations I've used. This hydrates my dry winter skin very well, so I wouldn't recommend this if you have oily skin.

UPDATE: I applied this product with my fingers and it looks a whole lot better! I had more coverage (medium) and it appeared more dewy.

UPDATE AFTER 1 YR: I still love this but looking for something better. This is great for winter but for hotter seasons, you WILL look like a discoball.

on 2/11/2010 9:35:00 PM

Probably my favorite foundation because it is perfect for people with normal to dry skin. I'm a NC25, and for this particular foundation, C2 fits me perfectly. The coverage is perfect for covering up mild redness and blends in very nicely, it almost appears airbrushed. I can tell you that the coverage ISN'T sheer - it is actually light. If you use 2 coats, you will achieve light-medium coverage. The finish looks slightly dewy at first but it will soak in and appear less shiny. This stuff isn't transfer resistant like the product claims, and it won't last all day unless you set with powder. If you don't have super oily skin, this product has very good staying power. Will repurchase.

on 2/10/2010 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had this in my possession for some time but never actually used it seriously. I'd try a dab here or there but usually while wearing other makeup. Well, I recently came back from a trip where airport security seized my HG Shiseido dual balancing makeup (I was pissed) and needed something. What a surprise! I apply this with a Beauty Blender sponge and my skin looks fantastic. Even, slightly dewy and non-cakey. The shade, which I always thought was a tad too dark, is pretty spot-on, actually (C4). It's VERY runny, which is annoying when opening the bottle, because a good deal of foundation escapes and runs down the sides and is wasted, but otherwise, it's a really good lightweight find.

on 2/8/2010 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got this in C2 as it matched my winter skin tone REALLY well. This stuff is AMAZING. I usually don't have much luck with MAC's foundation, but this one, for some odd reason, is the ONLY one that works well with my skin type. Most MAC foundations will either cause me to break out badly, or oxidize on me, turning me into an orange.

This foundation is more runnier than most I've ever used. But this is a good thing, as I find I don't need to use as much because it spreads like a dream. Absorbs quite quickly, and leaves a bit of a dewy finish. I have combination skin, so I don't fancy the dewy finish. I normally dust a bit of mineral finishing powder to give my face a bit more of a matte finish. After playing around with this foundation, I find that applying this stuff with my fingertips was the best solution. I believe that applying with my fingers gives me the most natural "I don't have any makeup on" look. This doesn't go on heavy with fingertips, but will with a stippling brush. I am not a fan of makeup sponges, as I think those are pretty gross and unhygienic.

This sheer foundation is water based, which is super great for my combination acne prone skin. It also states that it is water resistant, long lasting and has moisturizing properties. It is in my experience, a great foundation, because it truly does give me a bit of moisturization, lasts me practically all day, evens out my skin tone, neutralizes some redness, and minimizes the look of acne scarring (but does not entirely conceal/cover them). This is such a great everyday kind of foundation. I would highly recommend it for everyone to try this stuff out. Will totally repurchase this stuff when I'm out.

I recently tried this foundation and I really like it. I usually wear CHANEL Pro Lumiere (which is heaven) but this stuff was good and I like the price better. $26 vs. $55.

on 2/2/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this product!! perfect to wear for a night out partying hard doesnt budge with the blot powder! Also in photographs it seems to make your skin look all gorgeous and smooth. Would definitely buy this again

on 1/27/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This is a decent foundation. It is sheer and liquidy. I have very fair skin, about an NW10, and I have N1, which is a little too dark. However, because this is a very sheer foundation, it is adaptable and it looks good, though I need to layer it for enough coverage to even out the slight redness in my skin. It looks very good upon initial application - lightweight, very natural, not at all like a mask, dewy. With a light application of powder, it looks semi-matte, more satiny. It does not cover blemishes (you will need a separate concealer) or enlarged pores, though it does blur them slightly.
I like to apply it by dabbing with a beautyblender sponge, or by using my fingers. I find that this streaks when I use a foundation brush.
However: this foundation does not wear well. Within three hours, I need to blot. And within about six hours, it begins to oxidize and to turn slightly orange.
The best part about this foundation is the price - I paid $32 for a 4 ounce bottle last year. That's cheaper per ounce than some drugstore foundations. However, I wouldn't buy this again, because the quality isn't as good as I want. It's not terrible, but I can have so much better. To me, Make Up For Ever's Face and Body is a much better choice.

I have this in shade N2. I love this foundation because there is truly a shade for everyone. To be honest, this has not been a foundation I've reached for on the daily. However, I tried it on again today (as opposed to Nars Sheer Glow) and I loved it! I start off with MAC's Studio Finish concealer in NC20 on all of my redness and spots, and then apply this with my fingers on top. The consistency is not like water, you just need to shake it thoroughly to get the true benefits of this foundation.

This is a good day foundation. It covers enough so you don't grimace when you look in the mirror, but rather, you look like a fresher, cleaner you.

A little too bare for my liking. I bought the C1 for use on my legs. I would have thought I was wearing nothing (and not in a good way) except for the fact that there was a ghostly cast to it. So I figured it was just too light for my skin tone. So, as a C1/NC15 (on my face), C2 would be better for the body. I was looking for something to give some coverage....but not quite as much as the SH Airbrushed look. lol Oh, btw, it is NOT waterproof! So, if you don't care about that, and already have great skin, then this might work for you. But I will not repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials