September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have never really worn any of MAC's foundations because I can't find a colour match; I'm a cool- to neutral toned NW10 and NW15 is too dark/pink and NC15 is too dark/yellow. However I received a sample of the F&B foundation in #White (MAC PRO shade) and I think it makes a nice, sheer coverage foundation for my dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. Of course #White is too pale, even for my pale complexion but it is a great mixing medium to lighten too dark foundations. The texture is very watery but the finish is quite dewy. I also think I'm going to try it on my uneven toned, milky white legs in summer and see how that turns out to be. *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tea-Stearate, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Talc, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood), Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this after reading good reviews from this board. BIG mistake though since it is NOT compatible with my skin. The foundation finish looks gross on my skin, not smooth or even. I dislike the coverage since it doesn't blend well with my skin.

No matter how much powder I put on top of it, it never sets and leaves a greasy orangey cast on me due to color oxidation. I am an NC 30 and got the foundation on C3. After giving it 3 tries, I gave up and returned it.

I'm better off with Mac studio tech/ studio fix thank you very much.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by dork

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC50 for reference. I really really do like this product. It goes on pretty easy and gives my skin this beautiful dewy look. Not too sheer, not too heavy, just right, very buildable. However, a few hours after application, my face looks like a huge grease ball. It's not transfer resistant at all. I set it with a translucent powder, but it still got everywhere. I don't expect foundations to be 100% transfer resistant, but sheesh. The consistency is really sticky and watery and just yucky (prob got a bad batch). In the end I had to take it back. The color match (N9) was just waaay off for me. I also tried C7 when it was available and it looked slightly ashy on me. The MA said I probably was a C8 but that color was discontinued (typical mac and hence the reason why i'm branching off to different brands).

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by stephiebabex

I have dry skin that is flaky and it peels.
I always moisturize before i put foundation on and i care for my skin so i did my normal regime. Then as i applied the MAC foundation i thought it was going to be great as it has a water base and felt very liquid but when i put it on it just made my skin look dryer. It looked flaky and stuck to my dry patches.

No good im afraid and a waste of money! I will be returning. I got mine for £22 which is ridiculous for something that gave me no benefits.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Danumba1qtee

Really loved the finish on this product.. It blended beautifully on my skin, and the color was perfect C2,( Nc25 for reference). Loved how it stayed on all day and with a translucent powder on top, kept me shine free all day with one touch up. Packaging was better than the one from make up forever, the only problem was it made me break out. After like 3 days of usage, i had forehead full of pimples and my cheeks broke out in these horrible cystic pimples. I dont know what else the break out could have came from, so I stopped using it and haven't broken out like that since. I wanna give it one more try before I return it because it is water based. The studio fix liquid I know breaks me out but not the powder. Dont know why but overall finish of the product was great but just gave it three lippies cuz of the breakout issue.If anyone knows what ingredient in it might have triggered the break out let me know..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product.

Pros: Good value for the price, its about $30, but the bottle is really huge! Buildable coverage, wide variety of colors. Gives a sheer and dewy, natural looking finish. Kind of like a tinted moisturizer. Never cakey, doesn't clog pores or make me break out.

cons: texture is a little bit runny, but thats probably why it never feels cakey. The bottle has a crap design. Cheap looking plastic and the opening is odd

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xokerrybaybii

I love this foundation! It was my first MAC one and i was really impressed. I went to the MAC store in London and the lady was really helpful. She didn't try and talk me into anything i didn't want and knew exactly what would suit my skin type and tone. I said that i was going for a more matte finish and so she recomended this. It was pricey at £23 but you get a big bottle and don't have to use very much. I use it everyday with my Mineralise natural skinfinish and always get a flawless finish. It feels light on my skin and lasts all day. It doesn't cake and you only need a light layer to get its full effects. The packaging is good as the nozzle allows for easy application. My only complaint is that it is quite runny in cosistency and too much can sometimes come out of the bottle whereas if it had a pump mechanism then you could get out exactly how much you needed. Overall, i love this product and will deffinatly buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by plussize1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love love love mac's face and body foundation......its heaven for my dry sensitive pale skin!! still on fence if i am a C1 or N1. bought the C1 and just got a sample of the n1 to mix and play with......i used to wear bobbi brown foundation stick in porcelain but lately its way too drying....this is my new best friend and for the price you cant beat it!.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was devastated when I heard that Select Tint was d/c. So, I asked the m/u board for help and this was recommended by several people. I'm NC30 and the color C3 is close, but not exact. The consistency is very watery. This is slightly more sheer than Select Tint, but if you want, you can build the coverage. I'm not head over heels in love the way I was with S/T, so up for swap it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by moonage_daydream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I may have finally found my HG foundation. I am NC35 in studio fix fluid and C4 in face and body which is a bit yellower and therefore, a better color match for me.

I love the texture/consistency of this foundation. It feels very light and blends quite easily. I use mac's 190 fndt brush, the 187 or philosophy's supernatural brush (depending on which is clean/closer to me at the time) and all work well.

This foundation sets quickly and I've found the best way is to apply it to one section of the face at a time. It gives a light dewy finish- no discoball or greasebucket effects. The coverage is sheer/light at first but it can be built up to medium without caking. I have combo skin and even though I don't wear this in the summer, this is perfect for fall/winter.

I always wear primer underneath and then powder my t-zone afterward. I've found the finish looks very natural and I don't have to work hard to make it blend into my neck. And because it does set quickly, I never get foundation marks on scarves or the collars of my shirts.

I do admittedly have mostly clear skin and really just want something to even my skin tone all over and apply concealer only to my trouble spots. So if you need a lot of coverage or want a matte finish, I wouldn't recommend this.