MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

I have this in shade N2. I love this foundation because there is truly a shade for everyone. To be honest, this has not been a foundation I've reached for on the daily. However, I tried it on again today (as opposed to Nars Sheer Glow) and I loved it! I start off with MAC's Studio Finish concealer in NC20 on all of my redness and spots, and then apply this with my fingers on top. The consistency is not like water, you just need to shake it thoroughly to get the true benefits of this foundation.

This is a good day foundation. It covers enough so you don't grimace when you look in the mirror, but rather, you look like a fresher, cleaner you.

A little too bare for my liking. I bought the C1 for use on my legs. I would have thought I was wearing nothing (and not in a good way) except for the fact that there was a ghostly cast to it. So I figured it was just too light for my skin tone. So, as a C1/NC15 (on my face), C2 would be better for the body. I was looking for something to give some coverage....but not quite as much as the SH Airbrushed look. lol Oh, btw, it is NOT waterproof! So, if you don't care about that, and already have great skin, then this might work for you. But I will not repurchase.

on 1/15/2010 2:09:00 AM

after all the hype reviews about it i got one but a) it makes me look really shiny and wet...not dewy b) water resistant - so i used it at summafieldz deemingly appropriate but im pretty sure i sweated it all off and c) the forumla goes **** in the heat and has to be kept in the fridge at all times

maybe its just not well suited to an australian summer or i really need a good setting powder and primer but its just not for me.

a pro tho of this is that its supersized and would last a long time. definetly a good investment for the price.

on 1/11/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I tried this in the past and hated it. I used to have oily skin and this would just turn me into a greasy frying pan within minutes. However - winter is now here and my skin has changed...it's more combo *oily t zone, normal cheeks* with some flakyness in some places. I decided to try this foundation out again due to my change in skintype.

First things first - you get a huge ass bottle for your money. 120ml is sure to last a lifetime (although you should chuck it out after 2 years of course!).

I use the colour C6 for my NC40-42 skin and it's a good match. I've also tried C5 and it's a pretty good match too -- the colours are very forgiving in this range. The coverage is super sheer and gives me a natural look...something which I love. I've grown to hate the 'I have foundation on' look and love anything that looks true-to-the-skin. I have some freckles on my nose and this lets them show through. However, it does cover up my blemishes suprisingly well. I have some acne scaring on my chin and I can hardly see them when I wear this. Sheer yet covers...who would've thought?!

I wear this ontop of an oil-control primer and set with powder. Ontop of my HG primer I don't get overly oily, perhaps just dewy throughout the day. I only have to blot once or twice with blot paper in an 8 or so hour period which is good.

Best of all - it doesn't make me breakout. I have very acne-prone skin so that's a very good sign.

I think this is fast becoming my HG foundation. I love it!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Ok so i had been wanting this foundation for ages after hearing loads of great reveiws but my local MAC counter didnt stock it and i had it buy it offline. Even though i was matched as a NW15 i brought the F&B in C1 but it matches perfectly.
I wear this everyday and i am still in shock that i HAVENT broken out and i'm hoping it will stay that way!
Perfect for an everyday foundation. Very watery, light and buildable. The one thing i love about this foundation is it really helps to keep my blush in place all day, instead of it only lasting a few hours.
Concealer obviously still needed to use on undereyes and blemishes but evens out skintone beautifully.
The one problem i have is it can make my face kinda oily throughout the day but i use Maybelline dream matte powder which really helps.

on 1/6/2010 10:31:00 AM

I love this foundation. It has an extremely light, but buildable texture. You need to shake it up to get the best texture. The coverage can go from about the same as you'd get with a tinted moisturizer, up to a medium level of coverage. If you want more, you have to add a little more, and be careful to blend when you are applying. It is great for still letting your skin show through, but evening out and hiding imperfections. You would still need a bit of concealer for obvious blemishes. Playtime is a little longer than many foundations. The packaging is not luxurious, but is good for practical reasons of hygiene and spillage. I am a make-up artist, and I use this for shoots all the time. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars, is because it does oil up on most skins(even if you are dry) a little bit after a couple hours of wear--- IF you have not set it with powder or touched it up with powder. So, while fabulous, it needs powder touch ups.

on 1/5/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like the feel of this foundation at all. My face feels greasy after awhile. Hate the feeling....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just got this recently (I get bored with foundation and like to try new ones). Currently have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Intensity 1, and got this in N1.
Very liquidy and sheer, but is buildable. I have tried applying it 3 ways: fingers, sponge, brush, and find that using Mac' 190 Foundation brush has the best application.
It definitely doesn't glide across your skin, but I don't always moisturize before application.
Hopefully it has the staying power of Estee Lauder's.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really do like this foundation. I have pretty clear skin, maybe a pimple or two every once in a while. I suffer from redness on my cheeks, nose, eyelids, pretty much all over my face but its not that bad. This foundation just evens out my skin tone and the shade matches PERFECTLY to my neck. I use C3. I am Korean and I have a yellow/slightly olive skin tone and I am around an NC30. I apply a primer first, and then apply a thin layer of this foundation. I then apply another thin layer over the areas I need a little more coverage. This is a very sheer, watery foundation but once you place the product on your face it gets slightly creamier. I cant even feel I have foundation on when I wear this! I apply it with my fingers and it works perfectly. I find that it doesn't give too much of a dewy finish- maybe this is because I apply a primer underneath. If you apply it carefully and work little by little, it really looks like bare, perfect skin! also the color matching is very forgiving, I could probably pass using the C4 shade because it is so sheer and easy to blend. I highly recommend this product to those who have good skin, or even anyone who wants to even out their skin tone. The only problem I have with this foundation personally is the staying power, and how easily it transfers to clothing evenwhen I set it with a finishing powder/ msfn. Oh, and it has a slight citrus-y scent.. not reallly a 'foundation' smell but it's not that strong. Still love it though!!! looooooove it!

edit: So I bought this foundation in C3 around October 2009. I used it almost on a daily basis for two months, then stopped using it for months as I went to a different country and didn't feel the need to wear foundation at school. Then, I wore it around March 2010 and this made my skin itch... when I was washing it off I couldn't help but scratch my face because it really made my skin itch! the next day my face was really red and I felt like I got sunburnt, and a few days later my skin started flaking as if i really had burnt my skin. I tried this foundation again several times after that and I can say that it really was the foundation that caused my face to react this way. I was really shocked because I had worn this foundation for a few months right when I bought it and after a couple months the same product had caused a weird reaction on my face. What is the shelf life of this? Because I would have thought it was the shelf life but it had only been what, like 5 months? Then maybe I thought the condition of my skin had changed.. The good news is that I took a chance and bought this in C4 because I truly love the finish this gives, and it works wonderfully! I do notice that the shades C4 and C3 have quite a gap.. or maybe it's just me? C3 seemed a lot lighter and C4 is quite dark on my skin even if I am quite tanned right now. I'm still very happy with this product though! Only other problem is that it is NOT transfer resistant!!! It definitely transfers. perhaps with the right powder it'll help prevent that a little bit but I haven't found that yet. aah but I do love this product :) Highly recommended especially for dry skin! or anyone during wintertime!

on 12/30/2009 7:09:00 PM

My friend recommended this foundation. I'm lucky and have pretty good skin but I like to look even. This has a natural sheer finish and is buildable. I'm a C2 shade. Since this is a water based foundation I tend to get a little shinny even though I have normal to dry skin. So I like to set this with a loose powder to minimise the shine and just have a natural dewy effect as the day goes on.

Video Reviews & Tutorials