August 30, 2014 | 993 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by moth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I asked the SA for light coverage to even out skin tone, and that is exactly what this does. However, this foundation has the curious property of being the correct color for me on some days and not on others. I was matched as a C2. It's great on cloudy days and very clear days, as well as at night, but (and this is weird) on partly cloudy days, it looks orange. Fortunately it's not the only foundation in my box. My skin does not look good in a "dewy" finish, so powder is a must. And it must be clear powder -- I tried two tinted powders and ended up with a Barbie-colored face. The consistency of this makes me think of oil mixed with water. The water thins the foundation, makes it spreadable, then it evaporates, leaving the foundation behind. The effect on your skin is cool and yummy. I've found that spreading it very quickly (with fingers or a brush), then allowing it to set and smoothing it out (with fingers) produces the best results. Set with a light dusting of clear powder using a large brush, it lasts on me for about 4-5 hours before needing to be re-applied. But then, makeup rarely stays on me for too long. And, FWIW, it seems to help this foundation a great deal that I apply a 10% glycolic acid treatment to my face every night before bed. Outside of that, the packaging won't travel in a carry-on (4oz), and is also a bit clunky for a purse. The cap affixes tightly, so no leaks. You have to shake it for a while and keep shaking it while you're applying. In hindsight, I should have had the SA make up my whole face so I could get a good idea of the (not-matte) finish before I bought it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Femf8al

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very buildable coverage and natural enough looking but feels heavy. When i had it on i couldn't wait to wash my face and it broke me out. Very dewy finish. Like i just finished working out dewy (which isn't the look im going for unless im working out). toned down with light layer of powder. beautiful, stays till you take it of. IMO MUFE face and body is a lot nicer and natural looking and not as opaque or thick however its cost more for less product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by suzyhotrod

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. I really, really love this stuff. Though sensitive, my skin is generally pretty nice. I'm very fair (NC15, paler in winter) but I hate how most foundations that are light enough to match my complexion are so cakey and thick. I much prefer a more natural coverage makeup.
I use this in N1.
This stuff is amazing because it gives super sheer, buildable coverage and the shade is extremely forgiving whether I've gotten a teeny bit of sun in the summer or I'm at my undead palest in the middle of January.
I love the squeeze bottle, it makes for sanitary, easy dispensing. I also love that you pay 30 bucks for a HUGE bottle of this stuff. One bottle looks like it's going to last me nearly a year. I'm 5 months in and over half full.
My favorite part of the whole deal is that for such a sheer makeup this has excellent staying power. I apply in the morning, use Studio Finish concealor in NC15 to camoflauge any problem spots, dust with MAC Blot in light and it lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by shung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this foundation broke me out! I really love the dewy finish and the buildable coverage this foundation gives but after trying it for few days I start breaking out from my chin... I have dry skin and almost never break out from any face product. So sad guess I will just have to go back to my Hyper Real.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

I am in LOVE!!! I usually wore full coverage foundation to cover up some very very light acne scars that I have. BIG mistake!! Now that I've tried this, I cant imagine how I used all those horrible thick crap I used to use, cakey look. This foundation in C3 and some NARS loose powder and my skin looks polished but natural.
If you love this, you'd LOVEEEE the new Make Up Forever's HD foundation. WOW!!! I did a split face of Mac and MUFE, they both looked exactly the same for the first hour (if you are a C3 in this you'd be 123 in MUFE) but after that the Mac side started to get shiny, so if you want something that lasts more than this one and has better coverage without looking unnatural, honestly you cant go wrong with HD from Sephora. Please read my review for the HD.

IN SHORT:
Pros: Flawless, Natural
Great price for the amount of product you get

Cons: Maybe not the best foundation for HOT summer days, I use the new Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in #3 too. Amazing foundation that is too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by kmae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping this was going to be my new alternative because mac's studio mist is getting discontinued and mac's other liquid foundations have sunblock (i'm allergic to spf). This product is really cheap $32 for 4oz. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I do not like this product at all.

I have oily skin and this product does not stay on. It was fine the first few hours, but it eventually built up around my nose. It was so gross I could wipe it off with my fingers. Honestly, for my skin type, it is the worst foundation I have ever tried and I've tried a lot of different brands! Luckily I didn't buy this product. I asked for a sample to take home and I think you should do the same before buying anything. ASK FOR SAMPLES!!

On a positive note the color matched my skin beautifully. For reference:
I am an NC35 in the studio fix compact - Medium in studio mist - C4 in F&B

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by lausiepoos

I love this. I used a couple of bottles quite a few years ago, then started using Bare Escentuals. I bought a bottle on whim a couple of months ago and am so glad I did.

I'm a NW15 / Fairly Light and the N1 is a perfect match for me. It is dewy as others have said, but I always use a powder with a liquid foundation so don't find this a problem. It gives a really glowy look - the look I want with BE but never quite get.

It won't cover any blemishes, but does an amazing job of evening skintone. Also, you get LOADS of it - it lasts forever, even if you layer it every day as I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by annak5506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff! first off, its 4 oz and costs $32 at maccosmetics.com. a 1 oz bottle of other foundations, such as hyper real and the studio fix is between $26-$28. the difference in quantity for a few more dollars is what drew me in. it was so worth it! it blends very nicely and is very easy to apply. if you only need a little bit of coverage one coat of the foundation will give you just that. if you need alot of coverage you can very easily build it up. it doesnt wear off easily at all. it gives my skin a nice glow without looking like i have make-up on at all. i highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great stuff. I purchased this online after a lot of researching. Once I bought it I wondered if I had done the right thing. I like a dewy look but I must admit that some of my foundations make even my dry skin look a little too oil-slick like so I thought this one, too, might be too much…not so.
When this came in the post I was eager to try it out. The consistency is very runny which I knew about anyway but this isn’t a problem for me. In fact, I think the consistency makes this an easier foundation to build as and when it is necessary.
I can just about get away with using C1. The finish is beautiful whether you are going for a sheer coverage or more full-on coverage. Either way I think this looks really natural unlike some foundations that I’ve tried. As I said it does give a slightly dewy look but without looking ridiculous. I often use this with a small dusting of loose powder and my skin looks pretty much flawless. You do need a good concealer to hide any blemishes but this pretty much does everything you would want it to.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first try at MAC liquid foundation, and I went with F&B based on the reviews here. I am so sad this didn't work for me! My main problem with this foundation was the finish. It was a bit too dewy for my taste. I was able to tone it down a bit with finishing powder, but within a few hours the shine came though again and I didn't like touching it up all the time. I agree with the previous reviewer who said that those with oily skin should stay away. My skin is not particularly oily, but any oil combined with the dewy finish will result in a slick and shiny look. I've gone on to try Select SPF Foundation and I'm already liking it better because of the more matte finish. I found the scent of F&B to be strange also, when I applied it onto my face I got this strange, cool, tingly sensation which I wasn't very sure about. =| On the bright side, I did like the coverage and consistency of F&B....very light on the skin and can be built for medium coverage. I like the packaging and for the amount you got in the bottle it was a good deal. The match was perfect as well, I'm NC27 and C3 worked fine for me. Again, so bummed this didn't work out for me!