MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 1/15/2009 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a HG base for my NC30 lids. I find the best way to apply this is with my fingers to warm up the product, and spread a thin layer onto my lids. I've also tried using this as a concealer and it blends well with my skintone. Love it =)

after all im hearing about the painterly paint pot, i finally bought it and its OK.
I mean i like it. its not as great as UDPP, but its good.
I use it as my base when using my basic neutral eyeshadows only but it just takes a bit more longer for me to blend my other eyeshadows quite right.
its pretty creamy/matte which is ok. most likely i will buy it again. but i think ill have enough to last for a really good while.

on 1/8/2009 8:22:00 PM

This is one of two products I use as a base for eyeshadows. I do like this, but it doesn't thrill me. I usually use this when I am doing a more neutral/natural look and I want my eyes to have an even skin-toned look underneath. I apply with my finger in a thin layer ( I think that is key for not creasing) and it seems to work fine. It does feel a little drying to me and I don't think I could use this everyday..mostly I use UDPP.
I actually like the packaging and that I am able to get at all the product unlike UDPP.

on 1/8/2009 1:14:00 PM

I like it!

Usage:
I use this as a base for a clean and sharp eyeliner look. I use it with an eyeshadow base (shadow insurance TF),so it will stay put.

Pros:
-Nice color, pinky beige nude color.
-Blendable.
-Makes my black eyeliner more intense.
-You get a lot of product.
- I can use my fingers to apply the product.

Cons:
- Creases
- Matt formula. It looks a bit cackey on my skin.
- Everyhing that goes on top of the paintpot will be hard to blend.
-The packaging is bulky. Glass. Heavy for just 5 grm/0.17 oz of product.
(- The color is not a great base for my light olive skin. Not really a con, because it isnt an eyeshadow base or benefits lemon-aid )

Conclusion:
This product is not a great eyeshadow. Because it creases. Its is also not a great eyeshadow base. Because the shadow wont blend very well+ crease. It does make the color POP. Its an oke product. But will not repurchase!

on 1/6/2009 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Before Painterly, I just used my concealer to even out my lid. But now I use painter + UDPP to keep eyeshadow in place and as for a base for an even skin color on my eyelid. I really like it, even though I was not used to how sticky and matte it felt on my eyelid, but it does a good job at making the shadows pop and staying put! I really like this product because I have oily lids and the stickiness of painterly helps my shadows adhere better to my lid. I think it lives up to the hype!

on 1/2/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

not really impressed. i dont like the color for me and it's too thick.

on 1/2/2009 7:09:00 PM

Absolute must have. Matte flesh toned color, slightly pinkish (but my eye lids are like that so - prefect). At first formula was quite drying, but after 2-3 times applying (finger) it turned more creamy. I do not how I lived without this one. Perfect color for my skin tone (NC25). Makes every eye shadow more vibrant, more true to itís color. My eye shadow last all day. Must have. Repurchase it, over, over and over again.

on 1/2/2009 3:14:00 AM

I use this everyday and by far 100% better then udpp - its creamy stays on all day dosent dry or flake off like other primers from other companys :) its perfect.

on 1/1/2009 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Ewwww. Totally disgusting and thick as a base. I will just stick to my UDPP. This is getting returned with a quickness.

on 1/1/2009 5:10:00 PM

I must say that I am somewhat disappointed with this product. I purchased it in Painterly, to match my skin tone according to the ma, and it definately does not. It's too dark to use under a wash color for a natural look and it actually seems to mute the colors a bit. I might try it again with wet pigments and see what happens...but as of right now I would recommend UDPP over Mac's paint pots anyday. Another product that works wonders as a base is Mac's cream color base...just make sure you use one of the ones that are safe for the eyes.

Top Rated MAC Products