October 26, 2014 | 1396 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by kookykabooky

Wow, I am so happy I finally bought this! My eyelids are very discolored(reddish purple) from allergies, thin skin, aging, heredity, etc. Lucky me! Every shadow I use never looks good because the shadow color is overpowered by my 'colorful' lids. Anyway, this product covers all that mess up like nobody's business and it is not greasy like some eyeshadow primers are (Laura Geller for example.) I also appreciate that the color is very neutral, so cool and warm toned gals can use this. I never liked the yellowish tone that some other lines claim looks natural (Laura Geller, BE, Benefit, to name a few I've tried). When I applied it, I noticed how dry it was and a little difficult to get out of the pot using my finger, but in the end, that dryness is what makes it last so long. It does not crease, and I actually used it all around my entire eye area (after applying Fast Response eye cream). Painterly works for me as an undereye concealer as well. I wanted to see how long this stuff would last - put it on yesterday, applied pencil liner over it, and didn't wash it off last night, and it's still on (the liner too)!! HG! Thank you MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This Paint Pot is the most perfect color for me (NW15). I can use it as a nude shadow, as a shadow base, or even as a concealer if I wanted. It literally matches my skin that well! Although I hated spending $16.50 plus tax, this product is probably worth it. I have worn it every day since I bought it Wednesday evening, and it wears without fading or creasing all day long. The texture is creamy but light, and I like to apply it with my finger or a small flat brush. I would definitely repurchase, and am looking into different shades of Paint Pots.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 6:16:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the absolute greatest product every made. While the rest of my face falls off by 7:00 PM (12 hour day), my shadow looks recently applied. This is my HG under any shadow. It even makes my Almy shadows, color that I love but with no lasting power, stay on ALL DAY! Will definately repurchase. Forever...and ever.....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by breedp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My eyeshadow always comes off during the day, and this product definitely made it stay on the whole day. I'm definitely going to purchase again. Colour is close to my skin tone and was easy to put shadow over. (NC 15-20)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by rubykiwi

loveloveloveLOVE. pretty much what everyone else has said. creamy, easy to put on eyeshadow w/it.

i love this. totally replaces UDPP (my HG) because of the ease and quickness (a must for my mornings!) that i can apply it. great base and primer (altho i must admit not as good as UDPP).

my only gripe is that it's too pink for my skin NC25 skin (asian) but i will absolutely repurchase another paintpot in another color when i throw this one out after a year ( bcuz i know it won't run out on me!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't imagine using this as a shadow, but it is a perfect, nude colored base. There is plenty of it in the pot, too.

The pot I got was very creamy---a touch of the finger is enough to put some on the eyelid. The finish is dry; shadow goes over as if nothing is on the eye at all.

I was trying to use Pearl CCB as a base but it creases and it's a bit shimmery. I like Painterly better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 8:40:00 AM More reviews by debllah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG Paint Pot....i would give this ten lippies if i could :)
I use it as a base / primer on my eyes
and if i have a pimple i use it as a concealer too because it lasts better than my studio finish concealer (that i use for my undereye circles)
(NW20, lightblonde, blue eyes)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by strawberita1

I am very impressed with this product. I am a big fan of UDPP, however Painterly has slowly but surely taken it's place.. It really does a great job at brightening my pigmented eye area and it also does a great job at keeping my shadow in place. Overall A+ product because of it's multi-functional use....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

I was hoping that this would take the place of my UDPP but that was not the case. My main issue is having my eyeliner smear. A tiny swipe of UDBB keeps it in place all day, but it smeared with just the paint pot underneath.

That being said, my liner did produce a very nice line that was easy to smudge with this stuff under it. And it did hold my shadow in place.

I also really love the smooth texture of this. I am usually just an eye makeup girl, but this creamy texture entices me to try some of mac's other face products like concealer.

I envy those who this matches their skin - I can't wear this alone since it is much too light, but I do like it to slightly brighten the inner corners of the eye.

I don't think this is really necessary in my makeup routine. I am a minimalist for everyday and I like products that multi-task. So I'll stick with UDPP for now and save this for occasions.

*Edit: I upped this to 5 lippies - I really like it. It brightens my whole eye area and my liner just glides on over it. Could be a new staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by BElurve

I love this so much. It is my base everyday. My eye makeup looks so great and stays all day. I put it on my lid and underneath my eyeliner. Perfect neutral skin tone color.