December 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by sweetnsourstuff

How i see it is, no matter what powder I use, my skin will get shiny in a couple hours anyways. So might as well purchase a powder that you can layer throughout the day that doesn't cake. This does the job and feels amazing. It's so smooth and lightweight, while looking natural. I carry this one around with me. Will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by lavalon

Absolute matte perfection! After reading the reviews here on MUA, I decided to give it a go. I got to the shop and didn't know which shade to get, and unfortunately they didn't have any testers to try out... Having gone too light with powder in the past, I went for "Sand" (Medium 0-1) and it turns out that's just the shade for a slightly suntanned cool fair skin like mine.
It's wonderful! The texture is the best I've come across and it basically just perfects my skin. I have rosy cheeks that I like to tone down a bit, but unfortunately when I use "medium coverage" foundation of any type that covers up the rosiness, I end up looking a bit artificial. But this stuff is just great because it tones down the rosiness, but leaves enough to show through for a "healthy" look. I also experimented with this by building it up a bit and it still looked natural and gave a more flawless finish.
This is the powder I reach for when I've got 5 minutes max to do my make up. (For a dewy finish and when I've got more time I use Revlon Age Defying Spa in Light Medium).

I' highly recommend it to anyone who likes powder compacts for a matte effect - oh, and it feels great on, like it's barely there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by SekaBerry

Do you want a mild light coverage? How about a nice matte finish for your combination, oily, or normal skin? Don't want to spend a fortune at MAC for their blotting powder? Well this IS the product for you! To put it simply, this product does what every foundation, powder, and even lightly tinted moisturizers couldn't do for me: it allowed me to have light, breathable coverage with NO BREAKOUTS! I have applied it with both the given powder puff as well as with an airbrush brush from QVS. I must say my favorite is the brush because it allows for an even, airy application but I am in no objection to using the puff!

I highly recommend this product, I've been using it for over a month now and it's a MUST!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by StayC

This face powder is the one i have stayed with the longest. It took me a while to find my exact shade since the store didn't have testers. I wear Beige/Medium 2-2.5.

I like it because it gives me a natural look. I do not wear foundation or much makeup at all so i will stick with this as long as its available.
At touch up time, i use a cotton pad and reapply and am looking matte again.

Dislike: The puff does not last. By my fourth use it splits in half.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Narsluv328

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this powder was good based on the fact that it is a drugstore brand product. I thought it matifyied my skin since its very oily I thought it took the shine away pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by yessika29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just Love this powder....enough to be on my second one...for the first time I hit pan on a powder and this was the one. I have sensitive skin where certain ingridients in makeup products would make me break out but this powder being Oil Free does not clog my pores and it goes on very smooth, It has great coverage, is not chuncky at all or cake like. And the color I use matches my skin perfect. Also does not turns orange AT ALL. I am for reference NC 25-30/ with yellow undertones from MAC and I use Sand Medium 01 Color. The only thing I am not to keen about this product is the packaging when I go open the powder the bottom tends to open at the same time annoying me. But I would most Deff. Repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great all-over powder. I purchased it for the first time because I noticed it was $10 cheaper than the similar L'Oreal true match powder compact. (here in Australia) So I ecided to give it a go and see how it compared. Good things are that it's not as cakey as the L'Oreal and it seems a little bit more sheer. But the cons are that the colour selection is not as large, mind you the colours that are there are good shades, and also the packaging isn't as sturdy or easy to use as the L'Oreal. I don't really like the twist opening case to get to the mirror at the back. I prefer the snap opening of the L'Oreal case. I guess it does an okay job of keeping the skin matte throughout the day, but you do have to keep it in your handbag so you can touch-up if you are prone to an oily t-zone like me.
All in all, it is a good pressed powder for the reasonable price that it is, I'm still going to be testing out other brands, but I'll never buy the CoverGirl one again...let me just say that it's horrible, cakey, blotchy and it smells awful. The L'Oreal and the Maybelline are definitely excellent choices for drugstore options.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by nothingreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This powder really let me down. The color selection is very misleading, I have sand 0-1 and I'm usually too light for most maybelline foundations(I'm pale olive/neutral & most of their lighter shades are too pink). It keeps me matte for only about 2 hours, and ironically while the rest of my face gets shiny as hell, this makes my undereye concealer look dry and sink into fine lines. It does set foundation well though, feels natural and makes the skin look more even. There is very little coverage, which I expected since it is a finishing powder, but given its limited matte abilities this isn't much good for one of those 'bare' skin days. But the major dealbreaker is it gives me white face in pictures, even when I used Beige 2.25 - 3.50 which is too dark for me. I used this over the summer for a matte, natural look and I was pretty pissed when I came back from my vacation and saw that I looked like a ghost in all the flash photos. I lent this to a friend with a similar skintone when we were getting ready for a party and in the pictures from that night, even though she still looked gorgeous, she looked sort of pasty and pale, and an obvious skin color difference when it came to the neckline. I now know to always do flash photography test when trying a new finishing powder. This one doesn't cut it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by breathecaroline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly, really good. I haven't liked any of the products in the Dream Matte line so I pretty much assumed I wouldn't like this one either. I expected it to be either cakey or too powdery or break me out. But, it wasn't and it didn't. I use this to set my tinted moisturizer and my concealer and it makes my face super soft and looks flawless. I use it in Medium Sand which is a pretty good match for my NC 20-25 skin. I would buy this again, but I subtract one lippie for the cheap packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by EightNineTen

I'm NC25 (maybe even lighter now), purchased cream, and it's just *slightly* too light for my skin. I use this in conjunction with my MAC 187 brush to set my foundation by "dabbing" the powder into my skin, and then brushing away the excess. If I use a sponge, my face definitely looks gray (and I don't think it's because of the shade).

This doesn't control oil as well as MAC blot powder but the finish of dream matte is far superior because my skin looks more polished and less flat. Makes my foundation last all day. There is shimmer in the powder, though it is completely undetectable on my skin. If used alone, gives a sheer-light coverage. This isn't THE perfect powder...and I don't know why...just seems a little over-hyped. Still, a good powder and I would repurchase.