Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

4.3

bliss beauty trio

on 6/5/2006 11:01:00 AM

I've been using the Clarisonic for about 2 months. I've seen a big improvement in my skin, but still have some lingering issues. My skin: large pores in t-zone that get clogged easily, and some blackheads. The clarisonic has helped a lot with the clogged pores, but I still have a bunch. I used the sensitive brush for the first month, then switched to the regular one. Now that my skin is used to the brush, I spend a little extra time on my forehad and nose. Overall, my skin is clearer and brighter and I'm quite happy. However, I was hoping this brush would eliminate the need for regular facials for extractions. It will definitly reduce the number of facials I need to get, but it seems like I'll still need some periodic professional help cleaning out my pores. On the other hand, I used to use an at-home micordermabrasion kit every other day, and haven't had to use it once since starting with the Clarisonic. I'll continue to use the Clarisonic very happily, and hope for even more improvement over time.

on 5/30/2006 2:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love Clarisonic!!! I noticed that some people were not really getting results..could it be that their skin is OK to start with? Well my skin is very congested...clogged pores, blackheads, whiteheads, oily, the whole works. The FIRST time i used this with the sensitive brush, (don't mean to be gross) I could literally scratch off the tiny needles protruding from the pores on my chin. I'm looking forward to using this on a longer term to see the amazing results, but after the first use, skin is clean and smooth. A little red and inflamed at first, but after it calmed down, my face is glowing! It's also a pleasure to use...feels like a relaxing mini-spa experience. Despite the price, I will rebuy if this thing ever breaks down (touch wood!). It's one skin care machine i could see myself using forever. I have also found it to increase product absorption, which sends me on a quest to find high performance creams/serums. Anything to make my skin happy.

on 5/28/2006 8:28:00 PM

it gives a really deep clean. I use the sensitive brush on high for 2 minutes and my face feels really clean and soft. It's kept my skin pretty clear too...i'm going to experiment with the normal brush next week. great product!

on 5/27/2006 9:51:00 AM

I have been using this brush for 6 weeks and my skin has been much clear and
much smoother. I only use this at night for 1.30 min. with... DOVE body bar!!
My skin is(was) oily,acne,big pores ,uneven skin tone but now I have almost
perfect skin and no acne problems, my pores looks much smaller and tighter
and got even skin tone.It took about 4weeks to get this result.
For me, it was worth more than $200 bucks.
This brush totally changed my skin!! I would like to thank MakeupAlley
& ladies who wrote all the reviews, it pushed my back to order this product!!

on 5/23/2006 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have to rain on this parade. I bought the Clarisonic based on the raving reviews hoping that it would clean my pores deep down and keep them clean with twice a day use.

As soon as I started using the Clarisonic (with my own cleanser) I started breaking out. And every time I used it more bumps and inflammed pores.

I accepted that my skin was very congested and the Clarisonic was bringing it all out. Figuring that skin renews itself every month I hung in there. It was awful. I had the worse breakouts! I just kept thinking it would all come out and then I would be able to keep my newly unclogged skin clear.

Well 6 weeks later I couldn't take it anymore and stopped using the Clarisonic. It did not work for me and it's nothing special. You could use a toothbrush in a circular motion for the same effect.

on 5/16/2006 9:53:00 AM

I've only had it 2 1/2 weeks. My skin is purging a bit right now, so that's not fun, but it seems to be purging quickly and it should be over in a matter of days (rather than a break out lasting a week or so).

Right now the benefits I have noticed from my clarisonic is skin that feels much softer and cleaner than before. Is it worth the money? If it clears my pores then it will have managed to do what none of my exfoliating scrubs and serums have done, and the answer is a quick and easy yes!! If all it does is leave me with soft, well exfoliated skin, then it will have replaced a few other products, and will pay for itself, albeit a bit slower.
If, however, this mini-purge that's happening at the moment becomes a habit, then the whole damn thing's a bust.

Right now, I'm optimistic, but I will update in 1 months time and adjust my rating accordingly....p.s. before buying this I used a washcloth twice a day for 3 weeks---there is NO comparison!

UPDATE 6/15/6: So, I've been using the Clarisonic for 2 months and I've learned a few things: 1. This thing does not clear or prevent blackheads. It was a tall order, and the Clarisonic couldn't deliver. At this point I've come to the conclusion that it's going to take something prescribed from a dermatologist to get rid of the pesky blackheads once and for all. 2. The clarisonic is great for exfoliating and improving the texture of skin. I am completely impressed. My skin is smooth and soft to the touch 3. Expect purging--just like you would from using any other strong product or treatment prescribed by a derm; 1 to 3 months, and if you purge and use the clarisonic twice a day you will irritate the breakouts so just LAY OFF for a day or so. 4.Most people probably should only be using this once a day or less and DON'T PRESS INTO YOUR SKIN OR USE IT TO SCRUB--you'll only make matters worse. 5. Don't use if you are having a big acne break-out; it will only irritate it and spread the bacteria.; and 6. disinfect your brush daily so you don't spread bacteria on your face. That's what I've learned. I still think the brush is worth the money. It took two months but my skin looks great, and today--for the first time in ages--I looked in the mirror and thought 'I don't really think I need foundation today.' That's a big deal. I'm upping it 1 lippie from my original 3 and adding 'yes' to will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this on 4/11 from Beauty.com. Now, I'm a skincare minimalist and I use only products that are scientifically proven to have some benefit for my skin. I use Retin-A (0.1%), homemade Vit. C serum, a glycolic toner, and a high PPD european sunscreen. So, I was very skeptical when it came to using this brush. But I am a girl, and I'm prone to impulse purchases sometimes, and this brush was getting raves. Sure, some of the raves were probably planted by industry insiders who want you to spend money on the latest gadget, but I caved. When I got it and used it, I felt stupid. I'm thinking, "How in the hell is this going to improve my skin?". But I kept at it, and you know what, it really works. Today, I was looking in the mirror, and my skin looks great. I can almost go without makeup. It's evened out my skintone, and my skin just glows. I don't know why it works so well. I use the stronger brush, not the one for sensitive skin, and I do two minutes every night. I've never had a problem with acne, but I do have large pores and some fine wrinkles (I'm 43 for godsake). But I find that this has improved the texture of my skin. Seriously, I wish I could tell you how this works so well, but I can't for the life of me figure out why, unless it allows for your actives to penetrate better, but then, any exfoliation should work under that principle. But today, for the first time, I really noticed a difference in my skin, and the Clarisonic is the only thing I added to my regimine over these past couple of years. UPDATE 6/15/06: Well, I still love my Clarisonic. My skin looks great and I'm getting away with just using LM's oil-free TM. I still give this product a 5 rating.

on 5/11/2006 1:00:00 PM

I've been using this for about two months, I think, and my skin is clear. Did you hear that? MY SKIN IS CLEAR! After struggling with frequent breakouts and consistent trouble spots in my 20s, it is such a relief to be able to say that again. I felt very embarassed, having a teenager's blotchy face at age 27. I use this for two minutes, on the high setting, with the regular brush, and I use Paula's Choice one step cleanser for normal to dry skin. My skin is CLEAR (just in case I didn't make that, uh, clear), it's less oily, it seems to absorb moisturizer better...believe the hype. I love this thing.

on 5/5/2006 10:12:00 PM

In a nutshell--I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I have been using this for about 5 weeks now. Background: I am 52 with oily skin prone to breakouts. I don't have major breakouts, mind you, but I typically have 2 or 3 zits --usually on my chin or around my nose. I have found that my skin improved when I started using my Jan Marini regimen, but I was still plagued with large pores and periodic breakouts. I started using the Clarisonic with the sensitive brush for one minute as it is programmed in the morning and at night using my Jan Marini C-Esta Gel Cleanser. I noticed a difference immediately in that my skin felt soft and really clean, but not dried out. I switched to the normal brush and increased the time to 2 minutes when I wash my face at night, still going for 1 minute in the morning. Over the last month, there has been a significant improvement in the texture of my skin. My large pores are almost entirely gone and the products I use seem to be more effective. A couple of weeks ago, while under some extreme stress at work, I got 2 nasty zits on my chin. I was wishing I had purchased a Zeno zit zapper thing, but realized that I didn't need one as these blemishes were completely gone in 3 days. I have also noticed that the red marks that remain when blemishes heal seem to fade more quickly. One reviewer said that you had to use more cleanser with this device. I have found that not to be true. I use the same amount of cleanser, first wetting my skin and working the cleanser to a foam on my face before using the brush. It works great. I do the same thing in the shower on my upper arms, shoulder and decollatage! I have discontinued paying the $75 a month for facials and my skin looks better than ever!

on 4/30/2006 2:27:00 PM

i love this product and i love this company! i am using this both morning and night with a gentle cleanser and it has made product absorption better. i feel like when i use anything else that i am not doing a good job cleaning anymore. when my charger broke, the company sent me a new one without question as well as another cleaning head( i htink that was a fluke) and two more cleaning brushes (....and i alread sent out my rebate for a total of four more) so i am very happy.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools