January 28, 2015 | 1803 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 10:12:00 PM More reviews by vembrey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In a nutshell--I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I have been using this for about 5 weeks now. Background: I am 52 with oily skin prone to breakouts. I don't have major breakouts, mind you, but I typically have 2 or 3 zits --usually on my chin or around my nose. I have found that my skin improved when I started using my Jan Marini regimen, but I was still plagued with large pores and periodic breakouts. I started using the Clarisonic with the sensitive brush for one minute as it is programmed in the morning and at night using my Jan Marini C-Esta Gel Cleanser. I noticed a difference immediately in that my skin felt soft and really clean, but not dried out. I switched to the normal brush and increased the time to 2 minutes when I wash my face at night, still going for 1 minute in the morning. Over the last month, there has been a significant improvement in the texture of my skin. My large pores are almost entirely gone and the products I use seem to be more effective. A couple of weeks ago, while under some extreme stress at work, I got 2 nasty zits on my chin. I was wishing I had purchased a Zeno zit zapper thing, but realized that I didn't need one as these blemishes were completely gone in 3 days. I have also noticed that the red marks that remain when blemishes heal seem to fade more quickly. One reviewer said that you had to use more cleanser with this device. I have found that not to be true. I use the same amount of cleanser, first wetting my skin and working the cleanser to a foam on my face before using the brush. It works great. I do the same thing in the shower on my upper arms, shoulder and decollatage! I have discontinued paying the $75 a month for facials and my skin looks better than ever!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 2:27:00 PM More reviews by monique83

i love this product and i love this company! i am using this both morning and night with a gentle cleanser and it has made product absorption better. i feel like when i use anything else that i am not doing a good job cleaning anymore. when my charger broke, the company sent me a new one without question as well as another cleaning head( i htink that was a fluke) and two more cleaning brushes (....and i alread sent out my rebate for a total of four more) so i am very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 2:42:00 AM More reviews by msbuttercup

I've been using the brush several months now. WOW, what a difference! My combination, problematic skin has only had ONE single pimple and even that didn't last very long. Now my face is clear and glowing and I've cut back to only using it at night. Yes, this brush is $$$ but it's AMAZING!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2006 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Aishaa

I am must be in the minority here as I did not find this brush to be anything special at all. I purchased this and tried for three weeks, but have now returned it. First of all, in order to use the brush, I found that I have to use up a lot more cleansing lotion than when I use my hands (or the hand brush). My cleansing lotion costs $70 per bottle, and I will sure have to replace it VERY often if I continue to use the brush. I cannot use the Clarison cleanser as I am allergic to the ingredients in it. Secondly, you need to replace the head every 3 months. That is an additional cost that I find a waste of money, as I did not think the brush did anything that was exceptional at all. I think if someone is a teenager, or with acne skin or very enlarged pores, then maybe the brush can help in some way. If you already have healthy skin, all you need is a good cleanser. If you clean your skin properly with your hands, it is sufficient. There is no need for any tools that costs $195 just to clean your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2006 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kabarsone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best product i have ever used for my face, and at 52 years old, i have tried everything out there. I wish they had this when i was younger!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 6:34:00 PM More reviews by verdigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In the interests of honesty, I work in the production office that shot the Clarisonic infomercial and at first I couldn't have been less interested. It looked like just another gadget and I didn't need another one, even for free. Other women in the office took brushes home and then...began raving. After dismissing all that for a while I finally took one home. For me, there was no immediate effect (ha!) but over time, slowly but steadily, the effect has indeed been remarkable. Hard to describe since I had no major skin complaints but would say my face became all one skin--less variation in texture and color, more like the rest of me. "Clarifying" is the right word. The science is genuine: the brush ever-so-slightly flexes and stretches the skin to clean it. It's not abrasive or like a sander and can be used with any cleanser. In cleaning better, it definitely keeps any problems that do surface to a minimum, both in seriousness and recovery time. Doesn't cure wrinkles or turn back the clock, it just cleans extremely well and all results come from that scenario. I use it in the shower every night. Like a Sonicare toothbrush, the battery doesn't last forever and I'm already wondering how I'm going to cope.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 12:07:00 AM More reviews by gm6618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I too read the reviews and decided to try Clarisonic. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks of twice a day sensitive brush (2 min setting) of use, and the results have been phenomenal. I bought it with the sole intention of getting rid of my blackheads on my nose... I had so many blackheads and my nose was always shiny. Before Clarisonic, I had to do extractions (with the metal tool) at least once every week and always wear light foundation to cover the dots. After just one week of using Clarisonic, I could feel that my nose was a lot less oily and the blackheads kept on disappearing. Sometimes I'll have an itch and will feel some come out just from scratching my nose (sorry for the details). I don't wear any foundation now, all my dry patches are gone on my cheeks, and my face is always glowing. LIke the other reviewer, I also have less red spots or uneven skin tone on my face. This brush does a really great job of keeping your skin fresh and removing dead skin cells.

I spent about $175 on it with some discounts, and I would buy it all over again if I had to. It was money really well spent, compared to the useless products I've bought for so many years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by SueS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would echo what all the positive reviewers said and.... I only need a little foundation on my nose and no more foundation on my cheeks. The little bumps under my skin are almost gone and my skin has an even tone.

Best $200 I've spent for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2006 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Candym

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I got the Clarisonic brush, I think I'll have to cancel all laser/microdermabrasion/acid peel appointments.

Note to self: drop a card off to my dermatologist now and then just to let them know I still think of them....

Expensive brush? Yes. To not have the noted above treatments? Priceless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2006 5:25:00 PM More reviews by vespertine33

O.K. Guys. Here's Why the brush is better than a washcloth:

The good thing about using a washcloth is that it can scrub away all those darned little flakies you might get from time to time. The washcloth is a basic exfoliator. The brush is more of a treatment. I noticed a few reviewers here writing about mild purging with the clarisonic. It seems to me that the brush manually draws out impurities from much deeper than any topical treatment or cleanser (both of which may dry out the surface of your skin and can thereby seal in whatever crud may be deep in your pores). I've noticed some purging with the clarisonic too, and here's where the biggest difference is and why this brush is so special. After using the brush for a few days I was washing my face one evening and after using the brush I thought I'd better get out the old Sephora extractor which, as usual, left me with gross red marks that often last more than a day on me and sometimes turn into painful acne in spite of all my best efforts. On a whim I reapplied my cleanser to my reddened face and used the clarisonic again- but briefly and only on the areas that were all red from the pore extractor. Lo and behold- not only did every one of my spots clear up immediately, but my tell-tale red marks vanished. I looked all glowy- like I had just gotten a facial. I've had no breakouts since and my pores are more refined with every use.

If you can get spa results with a washcloth don't buy this thing, but for those of us with problem skin this thing is fantastic.