Chanel No.5

3.5

on 10/22/2003 8:07:00 PM

As another reviewer stated, Chanel No 5 was Marilyn Monroe's signature scent. As a teenager, I adored Marilyn and all the glamour she stood for (on the surface). Still, to this day, I love Chanel No 5 and every time I wear it I have someone ask me what it is that is smelling so good. It's definitely an old money smell and one that I feel luxurious wearing.

on 10/18/2003 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Chanel #5 smells too old ladish for me.....

on 10/7/2003 7:21:00 AM

Best perfume ever.
everytime I use it (nearly every evening) i marvel about how much better it is then anthing i have used during the day/ tried at shops...
it is beautiful both in the perfume (warm, powdery, woody, golden) and the edt, sharper to start with, and maybe a bit sweeter in the drydown.Very well balanced... just beautiful and by far my partner's favorite!

on 10/3/2003 3:26:00 PM

This is a classic fragrance that the women in my family have been wearing for years. Men do find it alluring, as it does not overwhelm or offend. The scent is hard to describe, a little bit deep and musky, but not overpowering. It smells sensual, but like nothing in particular. It does not have a fruity or floral scent. Just a sexy scent! I recommend Chanel No 5 for the classic kind of woman, the type of woman who knows the power of a little black dress and a little modesty.

on 10/2/2003 7:40:00 AM

This smells like a dusty musty old attic to me. Old. I dont care for it. It is not offensive like some fragrance but it just smells old and powdery. I would not buy this one. My ex mother in law wore it all the time. She loved it

on 9/26/2003 7:06:00 AM

it s The Perfume! for me the #5 is a modern woman, not an icon not a whore.

on 9/25/2003 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

This may be labeled as one of the most popular fragrances out there, but I don't see why! I don't like the smell of this at all, smells like something my nana would use!

on 9/24/2003 2:58:00 AM

I guess I don't have a very sophisticated nose. I just don't see what is so great about this fragrance. It reminds me of my grandma's perfume.

on 9/17/2003 7:21:00 PM

Wow, this just goes to show how different noses can come to entirely different conclusions. Chanel #5 is a breath of fresh air (not typically said of "classics") in a day and age when most fragrances are formulated to be "fresh," which to my nose means sharp and acrid. #5 is the opposite: soft and round, clean in a totally non-antiseptic way -- to use musical language, a nice dose of bass in a scent world of too much treble.

on 9/17/2003 12:14:00 AM

No matter how classic it is, Chanel No. 5 is still the most putrid stench my nose has ever come across. It is overly powdery, smells very dated (1920s!), and the aldehydes don't help either. However, it's not as bad as Christian LaCroix's C'est La Vie...

Popular Fragrances