September 23, 2014 | 1778 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2004 3:14:00 PM More reviews by PaleBaby

Hate it. It smears all over the place. Waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2004 11:29:00 AM More reviews by so_gemini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't care for most of the Maybelline mascaras that I have tried, but this was actually a good mascara for getting really dramatic lashes. However, it is not really waterproof. My eyelashes also started breaking off from using this! I might repurchase the regular formula but I will never buy this one again because eyelashes that are broken off take a long time to grow back in normally!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by tridgy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for a while & I do like it. It's not to thick & clumpy & does wear well. I have dark undereye circles & have to be careful that I do not end up looking like a raccoon. I will buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2004 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Stewie_5

This is my favorite mascara! It makes my lashes very full and doesn't clump! I had heard a while ago that it would flake off and stuff but I've never had that problem. And even with the waterproof formula, it removes easily so you don't have to tug at your eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2004 2:07:00 PM More reviews by aimless07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

loved the big fat brush. it built great lashes but flakes off at times. i will continue to buy it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i had this mascara in brownish black, which wasn't dark enough for me so now i have this is very black and i have to say i love it!! i have very wimpy lashes that don't stand out but with this mascara it makes them (slightly) longer and darker and less wimpy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2004 12:04:00 AM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought my first Full and Soft in November, and I'm still using it right now! As I've said before, it does make your lashes look great, doesn't clump (even after 3 months of using!) and runs only a tiny amount! When i get it on my lids when applying, it can easily be removed (right away). Definitely would buy again after trying some of Maybelline's other mascaras!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2004 5:50:00 AM More reviews by atsui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Compared to the non-waterproof, regular Full and Soft mascara, this mascara is garbage. It has a waxy base so that it can make your lashes soft, rather than flaky, but it's got really poor lash-staying power. Once it gets down to your undereyes (moisture from the air, your eyes, tears even will do the trick) it's stuck, and harder to remove than most other waterproof mascara formulas I've tried. I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2004 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Alegrias

the only difference I noticed between the waterproof and regular in this mascara, is that the waterproof kind broke off the tips of my lashes. Horrible for that. Found it difficult to remove and the easiest way seems to be with petrolium jelly. I will not buy this again not only does it break off the tips of my lashes (and VERY obvious breaks; looks like someone took scissors to them) but the regular kind is just as "waterproof", comes off much easier and doesn't break my lashes.
UPDATE: completely forgot I reviewed this. A year after writing the orginal review, my opinion has completely changed and it is now my HG mascara. It no longer breaks my lashes. I think it's because I don't use it alone. I do one coat of this formula and another coat of the non-waterproof. It works amazing! It has now been 7 years and I still love the results of it. I am of Asian descent and have flimsy, thin lashes, but using my Shu Uemura eyelash curler & using the 2 formulas together (always the waterproof first), I get very thick, full lashes that doesn't loose it's curl after application. I'm in love & can't believe I ever talked smack about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by CelestialBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of Maybelline in general, however I was out of mascara and it was BOGOF, so I tried the Full and Soft. I am pleasantly surprised. There is an easy build up to thick lashes and this formula does not straighten the lashes after they're curled, a big pet peeve of mine. Took off one lippie as L'orels' Lash Out is a better product..Update: Although I love the look of this mascara, the amount of residue it leaves in your eyes when you remove it is unreal, and no doubt unsafe. I don't know why this is happening, very disappointing!!!! Also, will never use again as I went to www.ewg.org and found out this mascara rated a 9.2 out of ten for toxic ingredients.....