December 22, 2014 | 1641 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by beautifulicious

packaging: nothing special
curling: does crap (i have straight lashes)
lengthining: i like, pretty good
thickening: already have thick lashes, does little a bit more sultry
color: good black color pay off
clumping: never clumps

i don't like this because it doesn't curl my lashes. i have yet to find a mascara that curl my lashes, my straight lashes are so stubborn. every mascara i have ever tried never curled my lashes. i always have to wait for it to dry then curl my lashes for like a minute each before they are curled. very annoying, lash curlers dont even work if i use it before mascara! good enough to finish up but i NEED a mascara that curls my lashes!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

High Impact performed nicely for me & I would repurchase. My lashes are naturally curly but my eyes are sensitive so I prefer that my mascara does not irritate my eyes or clump & this one met the bill!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by mink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As others mentioned, this mascara is very black and does add some volume, but it barely holds a curl and weighed down my short Asian lashes, even when used with my Shiseido primer. I used a sample daily for almost 2 weeks while on vacation (so I had no other choice) and definitely will not be purchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Qua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite mascara ever! I've got really thin scarce lashes, you can hardly see them without mascara on. With High Impact there's no doubt i do have lashes :) They're thicker and longer and well separated, plus the mascara doesn't clump or smudge. And it's not even expensive!

EDIT: I've found an even better mascara so i'm taking off one lippie to give my new favourite the highest rating :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2008 1:14:00 AM More reviews by babyexplicit69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this mascara! can't say its HG yet because i haven't tried many mascara's. but it definitely beats plushlash in my books. i have short straight asian lashes. and the way i use this is i coat them without curling. then i curl with a heated lash curler and then i use the blob of mascara at the tip of the wand to coat my lashes again and my lashes end up being very long and very thick. price is okay $18CDN

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Simplicity310

This mascara definitely isn't "high impact". It does a decent job at definition and darkening lashes. But no wow-ing thickness or lengthening.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by amcnyc

It looks pretty nice on, but both times I've tried it my eyes burned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually like this mascara for some of the same reasons other people hate it. I like that it isn't dramatic and just a sweep or two and my lashes are darker and more noticeable. I have been wearing it this summer and like that is a more natural effect for every day running around. I have other mascaras I use for going out or for when I want more of an effect but I really like this and haven't experienced the flakiness others have mentioned.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by hanhan123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the sample of this, and i didn't have any expectations for cliniques mascara, cos i like their skincare and never had any thouht about their makeup line. but this gives the PERFECT shape(: like v shapes :D!<3 it doens't curl itself tho, unless yu use a eyelash curler haha :]<3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

Pros: very black, lengthens well, does not clump, smudge or irritate, washes off easily.
Cons: barely thickens, not dramatic at all.