December 22, 2014 | 1308 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by tangotiltheyresore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i've used this product for over 2 yrs now. i dont think it smells bad and it is so gentle. it doesnt leave my skin feeling tight and itchy like almost everything else i've tried. it's also very eff'n cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2005 8:59:00 AM More reviews by franticog

I am 40 and consider myself to have 'normal' skin. This works great for me. I always put some type of moisturizer on after cleansing, no matter what cleanser I am using, so it drying my skin is not a problem. I feel this cleanser has actually clarified my complexion. My teenage daughter also uses it and it is clearing up her skin too. Recently we stayed the night somewhere else and forgot to bring the cleanser. She washed her face with an old cleanser she used before Cetaphil, left in her makeup bag. For days afterwards, she had tiny bumps on her forehead! This cleanser has cleared those up and kept them away. We buy it in the huge bottle, needless to say.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by luckylady77

I have had really bad luck lately with everything I try, so I thought maybe my skin needed a break. I bought this and have been using about a month. So far so good. I use this only at night when I wear makeup(which isn't too often, 2 kids, stay at home). The smell isn't strong, could be milder, but does make my face feel clean, and I feel good knowing I don't have to put so many chemicals on my face to get it clean. I like it so far. Pure and simple.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2005 12:17:00 PM More reviews by DaMaBe324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about a week and I love it. It takes off all my makeup - including my waterproof mascara (I have never had a cleanser do that). I normally get very shiny throughout the day and it has been controling that a bit too! I also used to get at least 1 pimple a week and I have had none since using this product. I would definatly buy this again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by shoppingrl

Why so negative agout cetaphil? I love cetaphil! I dont believe it smells bad or anything! It actually moisturizes your skin better than most cleansers! True, most derms. reccomend it and that is obviously for a good reason!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2005 12:58:00 PM More reviews by icarusflyr

A good cleanser that does not strip or overdry my skin. However, the smell is odd (and thats being nice) which may deter many people from using this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2005 12:46:00 AM More reviews by aubreybrooke

I bought this because, like most people, my dermatologist recommended it. It doesn't mess up my skin or anything, but I have found that even if I wash my face really well with it, there will be makeup on my towel when I dry my face. It just doesn't clean my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by hawaiianpnch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i am so mad that i wasted my money on this. i even read a bunch of reviews on here and knew before hand how horrible this product was. anyway, this did not clean my face at all. i ended up breaking ou pretty bad from this, and i didn't even use it for a week. ugh. waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2005 10:33:00 PM More reviews by cllien

I have combination, acne-prone skin, and this cleanser was recommended by several dermatologists. Initially, I was thrilled with it. It's a great value- a huge pump bottle for under $10. The consistency is gel-like and clear, and it doesn't really foam or lather. Although my skin felt clean after using it, it also felt very tight and dry if I didn't put lotion on right away. When I use it, I also get dry patches around my eyes and chin. If your skin is super-oily, or if you don't use it on a daily basis, it's probably great. However, my skin can't handle it everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by myshoes

I purchased this product because my skin couldn't handle the regular Cetaphil Skin Cleanser. It made my sensitive combination skin oil slicked, patchy and caused cystic acne (which has never happened to me before). I just assumed that perhaps it's meant for dry skin, so I bought this instead. It wasn't much better, as it caused serious dryness and more simultaneous dry/oily patches and breakouts.

The scent of this product was particularly awful: a strong baby powder scent, which I hate. I won't buy any Cetaphil products again. It's a shame because I really wanted to like them. I've moved on to Marcelle instead and am having no problems whatsoever.
continued >>