Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 11/21/2005 11:18:00 AM

I use this twice a day every day.My face is clean,clear, and I don't have to worry about blemishes or painful pimples on my skin.

on 11/15/2005 6:30:00 PM

I usually have clear skin with an occasional pimple here and there, but I was going through a pretty bad breakout session a couple of weeks ago. My usual Olay foaming cleanser was not working anymore, so I bought this instead. Sad to report, but this made my skin break out even MORE. I had tiny little whiteheads on my chin now, and my skin looked dull. I give this 2 lippies because my skin may have gone crazy that week for some odd reason, and maybe this cleanser isn't to blame. Either way, I'm too frightened to try this again. I threw this out and bought Neutrogena liquid cleanser and my skin is completely clear right now. I actually liked the scent of the Cetaphil, although I will add that when I used my Nivea toner afterwards, the cotton ball wasn't clean.

on 11/15/2005 5:21:00 PM

This one is MUCH better than the original!!!! I have combo-dry skin that just started getting breakouts recently. I tried the original and let's just say I can't say enough bad things about how terrible I think it is. *BUT* the Normal to Oily formula is lightyears better and I've already purchased a backup when it was on sale. The Original (see my review) left a weird greasy, butter-like residue on my skin that I hated. None of that nonsense with this formula! It left my skin clean. That's it. Simply clean. No weird residue, didn't dry me out (since it's for oily skin), doesn't smell funny, takes off makeup/mascara well. *THIS* formula I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a simple cleanser that doesn't do more harm than good. A+ from me! continued >>

on 11/14/2005 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this product and it does not dry out your skin too much and use it generally at night to take off my eye make-up. I also use it as a shower gel.

on 11/13/2005 12:02:00 AM

If your skin tends to be oilier this is a much better choice then the original cetaphil. However, thats not really saying much. It is still gentle and definetly non-irritating, but I think for myself I need something to manage my greasy nose and forehead better.

on 11/8/2005 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

it doesnt smell soo good...and it is prob good for like a starter cleanser for kids in 5-6th grade who need/want to clease the sin to stop the occasional pimple...but if ur skin is badly breaking out and c-o i would recoment somethnig stonger...like "biotherm" "clinique" "murad" ect.!

on 11/2/2005 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great. for years I had skin on the dry side, but recently have tended toward oily. Either way, this product is fabulous for me. I feel it is non-irritating and really cleans. I really prefer this one to the original, gentle one. that one is too gentle for my tastes. I would suggest this one even if your skin is dry (unless you're super, ridiculously dry).

One thing I should add is most days I don't wear a ton of makeup, (just blush, hihglighter) so maybe that's why some people don't like it. although even on weekends, i think this gets off most of the makeup.

on 10/9/2005 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've been using this cleanser for more than 3 years now, I believe. It's a great gentle cleanser that has helped my acne-prone, oily skin stay mostly blemish-free. I've always used it morning/night, but I think I will be switching to morning-only (and finding another cleanser for nighttime), because it doesn't always get my makeup off. However, it is a good cleanser that doesn't irritate my skin, and I would repurchase! (Just FYI, it hasn't done much for my oiliness however.)

on 10/3/2005 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had broken out really bad to another cleanser and my friend who worked for a dermatoligist recommended using this. The smell doesn't bother me that bad(why don't the people who complain about the smell try sniffing it before purchasing it? maybe that's just me). And my face, which has never broken out before the last cleanser, is looking much better. I have "normal" skin, I guess, and I moisturize well when I get out of the shower anyways - so it does nothing to dry out my skin. I really like it and will continue to use it.

on 9/30/2005 9:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ughhh--this stuff smells like Aqua Net!!! This is the worst smelling cleanser I have ever used and it doesn't seems to have done much for my skin either.