Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It leaves a squeaky clean feel, and sometimes I need a moisturizer to go after it, especially if I'm going to airconditioned places or where humidity is low. It's more expensive (in my country) than the gentle skin cleanser, but a little goes a long way. I wish they could import the pump bottle version here, because the 100 g tube is rather inconvenient--the liquid quickly runs out of its spout.

on 12/17/2005 11:17:00 PM

Great Cleanser, I have pretty oily skin, and I tend to like more serious cleanser, and my face pays the price, the ones that burn a little ( I know I know, a no no) and over dry, but this is a great cleanser in the middle. If you just splash it on and off with little manipulation, you can get a very light cleaning.
With more time, amd more massaging, you can get a pretty deep cleaning effect and still not be dried out, or stinging. It's dirt cheap on sale, and the larger bottle with pump last like 6 months. The Pump construction is great, it never breaks, and two pumps is the perfect application amount for me.

on 12/13/2005 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for a few weeks now and I would say this cleanser is OK. It's pretty gentle and it does not dry out my skin all that much. I didn't see any major improvements but I wouldn't say this is a bad cleanser either. One good thing is that it comes in a huge bottle so I don't have to worry about buying another cleanser for a while. :)

on 12/8/2005 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I LoVe tHiS!!!!!! Doesnt work too well whenit comes to removing my makeup! But this seems like the only cleanser my skin likes!!! I have THE most impossible skin ever, and this doesnt break me out at all. Ive tried murad and proactive with NO results...guess they were too harsh because my pimples have been disappearing since I started to use this last month!! Since it does a bad job at cleansing my makeup, I actually wash my face with another product to remove the makeup, and then apply this to my skin. I let it sit for about one or two minutes and I was it off...works great to me

on 11/26/2005 7:40:00 PM

I have normal to dry skin. In the summer, this product was perfect for me; it took off the oil and didn't leave me too dry. Now, that it's winter and I'm in the midwest, it's just too drying. I'm going to try the normal Cetaphil cleanser instead.

on 11/22/2005 9:16:00 PM

This is the cleanser I use when I've been wearing a lot of makeup, or when my face is a little oilier due to summer weather, etc. (Normally, I use Cetaphil's regular gentle skin cleanser.) It's a great cleanser, free of irritating extras, and Cetaphil is a trustworthy brand.

on 11/21/2005 11:18:00 AM

I use this twice a day every day.My face is clean,clear, and I don't have to worry about blemishes or painful pimples on my skin.

on 11/15/2005 6:30:00 PM

I usually have clear skin with an occasional pimple here and there, but I was going through a pretty bad breakout session a couple of weeks ago. My usual Olay foaming cleanser was not working anymore, so I bought this instead. Sad to report, but this made my skin break out even MORE. I had tiny little whiteheads on my chin now, and my skin looked dull. I give this 2 lippies because my skin may have gone crazy that week for some odd reason, and maybe this cleanser isn't to blame. Either way, I'm too frightened to try this again. I threw this out and bought Neutrogena liquid cleanser and my skin is completely clear right now. I actually liked the scent of the Cetaphil, although I will add that when I used my Nivea toner afterwards, the cotton ball wasn't clean.

on 11/15/2005 5:21:00 PM

This one is MUCH better than the original!!!! I have combo-dry skin that just started getting breakouts recently. I tried the original and let's just say I can't say enough bad things about how terrible I think it is. *BUT* the Normal to Oily formula is lightyears better and I've already purchased a backup when it was on sale. The Original (see my review) left a weird greasy, butter-like residue on my skin that I hated. None of that nonsense with this formula! It left my skin clean. That's it. Simply clean. No weird residue, didn't dry me out (since it's for oily skin), doesn't smell funny, takes off makeup/mascara well. *THIS* formula I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a simple cleanser that doesn't do more harm than good. A+ from me! continued >>

on 11/14/2005 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this product and it does not dry out your skin too much and use it generally at night to take off my eye make-up. I also use it as a shower gel.