Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 2/3/2006 12:29:00 PM

This stuff made me break out...I have not had acne on my forehead since 6th grade...I am 26 now! This made me break out in tiny pimples on my forehead and white heads all over my chin! This is going in the trash can....The orginal cetaphil works better I should have never switched.

on 1/29/2006 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've given this product a lot of tries, because my derm recommended it and so many people raved about it. I have combination, very acne-prone skin. As far as acne alone goes, I would say it's neutral- while it doesn't break me out, it doesn't help anything either. My problem with it is that it doesn't take makeup off well AT ALL- especially foundation. I've never had any problems with makeup removal before.

on 1/26/2006 5:43:00 PM

Love this gentle cleanser. Washes all my makeup off and makes my skin feel so clean.

on 1/21/2006 9:44:00 PM

I keep going back to this staple cleanser. It lathers, unlike the original Cetaphil, and does a good job of cleansing without stripping skin. I stock up when it goes on sale, though it's actually pretty inexpensive considering you get a full 16 ounces.
Some reviewers seem to be confusing this product with the original Cetaphil, which does not lather. I think this could be bringing the score down.

on 1/10/2006 12:02:00 AM

ok ive been using this for over a month and so far so good. i have acne prone skin and it cleanse my face pretty well. it removes my eye makeup pretty well too. i will be buying this again.

on 1/6/2006 12:34:00 AM

I can never say enough good things about this product! I used to be on prescription acne medications (mostly antibacterials), but I stopped using those as I grew resistant. I was having regular breakouts, particular on my cheeks, nose, and forehead. I used some of this while at a friend's house for a week when I forgot my Clinique cleanser and ended up not breaking out any further during that week. When I got home, I bought myself a bottle--that was 7 months ago and I have been happily using it ever since. I'm delighted to report that since I have been using this product I have been mostly clear enough of the time to see my former acne scars fade and consistently colored skin take over!

My regimen:

Morning -- Wash hands, two pumps of Cetaphil, swirl lightly onto face, then rinse and scrub lightly with pads of fingers using neutral to warm water. Dry with a fresh, soft Viva paper towel instead of using a terrycloth towel that collects bacteria between uses. This low-impact routine really helps to prevent any redness or irritation in the morning and plus I don't need tremendous cleaning after having just been sleeping. I then avoid touching my face all day and never let my phone touch my chin.

Evening -- I use a toner (Neutrogena Alcohol-Free) on a fresh cotton pad and swirl it over my face lightly to remove makeup. I do this twice, once primarily for the makeup, and a second time to penetrate the skin a bit. It's very light. Then I smooth Cetaphil onto my face before hopping into the shower. I let it soak in while I wash hair, etc. then rinse my face in the shower using a clean scrubber (not too much rubbing, just enough to exfoliate appropriately). Dab dry with a paper towel or air dry while I do other post-shower things. Then I pull my hair up for bedtime and sleep with my face on a fresh t-shirt, towel, or newly washed pillowcase for the evening.

***I have sometimes used Cetaphil as a 10 minute mask, which I think has been pretty helpful. Just make sure to rinse in neutral to warm water several times as Cetaphil can sometimes leave a film!
continued >>

on 12/30/2005 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It's ok. Just......ok. It cleans your skin and leaves it soft, but I feel like I still need a moisturizer after this. The scent strongly reminds me of the smell in the home where my grandmother used to live- kind of "old", "neutral", and medicinal all at the same time. Like a cheap lotion. Not entirely pleasant imo. I won't repurchase just because of the smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It leaves a squeaky clean feel, and sometimes I need a moisturizer to go after it, especially if I'm going to airconditioned places or where humidity is low. It's more expensive (in my country) than the gentle skin cleanser, but a little goes a long way. I wish they could import the pump bottle version here, because the 100 g tube is rather inconvenient--the liquid quickly runs out of its spout.

on 12/17/2005 11:17:00 PM

Great Cleanser, I have pretty oily skin, and I tend to like more serious cleanser, and my face pays the price, the ones that burn a little ( I know I know, a no no) and over dry, but this is a great cleanser in the middle. If you just splash it on and off with little manipulation, you can get a very light cleaning.
With more time, amd more massaging, you can get a pretty deep cleaning effect and still not be dried out, or stinging. It's dirt cheap on sale, and the larger bottle with pump last like 6 months. The Pump construction is great, it never breaks, and two pumps is the perfect application amount for me.

on 12/13/2005 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for a few weeks now and I would say this cleanser is OK. It's pretty gentle and it does not dry out my skin all that much. I didn't see any major improvements but I wouldn't say this is a bad cleanser either. One good thing is that it comes in a huge bottle so I don't have to worry about buying another cleanser for a while. :)