September 21, 2014 | 1285 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by hawaiianpnch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i am so mad that i wasted my money on this. i even read a bunch of reviews on here and knew before hand how horrible this product was. anyway, this did not clean my face at all. i ended up breaking ou pretty bad from this, and i didn't even use it for a week. ugh. waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2005 10:33:00 PM More reviews by cllien

I have combination, acne-prone skin, and this cleanser was recommended by several dermatologists. Initially, I was thrilled with it. It's a great value- a huge pump bottle for under $10. The consistency is gel-like and clear, and it doesn't really foam or lather. Although my skin felt clean after using it, it also felt very tight and dry if I didn't put lotion on right away. When I use it, I also get dry patches around my eyes and chin. If your skin is super-oily, or if you don't use it on a daily basis, it's probably great. However, my skin can't handle it everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by myshoes

I purchased this product because my skin couldn't handle the regular Cetaphil Skin Cleanser. It made my sensitive combination skin oil slicked, patchy and caused cystic acne (which has never happened to me before). I just assumed that perhaps it's meant for dry skin, so I bought this instead. It wasn't much better, as it caused serious dryness and more simultaneous dry/oily patches and breakouts.

The scent of this product was particularly awful: a strong baby powder scent, which I hate. I won't buy any Cetaphil products again. It's a shame because I really wanted to like them. I've moved on to Marcelle instead and am having no problems whatsoever.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2005 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Jellohno

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because my dermatologist reccomended it, but I found it to work just "ok". It more or less got dirt off my face, but it didn't make it feel especially clean and as far as I could tell didn't clear up any pores or pimples. I'm using up the rest of my bottle to wash my hands before putting in/taking out my contact lenses since I needed a gentle soap for that purpose. I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2005 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best cleanser I have ever tried for my normal/combo face. It doesn't dry my face out or leave it feeling unclean. It is a very mild cleanser so it may seem like it's not cleansing, but it is. For nights that I feel like not using make-up remover, I use this and it removes all of my make-up including concealer and nonwaterproof mascara. It doesn't remove waterproof mascara. What I love about this cleanser is that it doesn't burn my eyes. Why use a cleanser that is going to burn the eyes? I have been using this for 3+ years and it keeps my face absolutely clear. I could not live without this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2005 2:32:00 AM More reviews by buny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended this to me, and my friend also so I decided to try it. It cleans ok, but I HATE the smell. I thought I would be getting some lightly scented or non-scented stuff from a brand like Cetaphil but I was wrong. Will not be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Missa5

I've been using this since 2005 with great results. When I started my face broke out alot more since I was in my early 20's and now that i'm closer to 30 yrs old my skin's gotten dryer and less prone to breakouts. I cleanse morning and evening followed with oil of Olay sensitive skin moisture cream. If I wash just once for the day i'll get blackheads around my nose after a couple weeks, but twice a day keeps my pores small and prevents deep pimples as well as dries up existing blocked pores. It's good at removing my daily sunscreen. I use alot of sunscreen SPF 60 to 70 so it builds up and this cleanser washes it all away. I've tried other cleansers over the years but this is a holy grail product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2005 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kebeaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product because I don't feel like I have to use a toner after washing my face. When I do use one there is hardly anything on the cotton pad. I will agree the smell is bad. It smells like an old woman to me. I think I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by outsider_55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used both types of Cetaphil facial cleansers. I recommend this product for people with normal skin. I would recommend original Cetaphil for those who suffer from acne or sensitive skin. This type causes my skin to be dry if I use it more than once a day. I can use original Cetaphil twice a day with no irritation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like other reviewers here, I wanted to try something a little stronger than the regular Cetaphil for my oily skin and thought this was a fantastic find. I'm not happy at all with the smell- even though it's called "masking fragrance" on the ingredient listing. It's a major minus for me with fragrance allergies. Also, my face doesn't really feel clean when I use it and I do not wear foundation makeup on my face- just concealer and bronzer. Another review below thought it was a great mascara remover but for me it just smudges it under my eyes and I have to use my regular Cetaphil on cotton to thoroughly remove it. The best thing about this cleanser is the pump
dispenser. I'll use it for a hand soap and won't repurchase.