January 30, 2015 | 1278 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2005 5:30:00 PM More reviews by reporter1911

Great. for years I had skin on the dry side, but recently have tended toward oily. Either way, this product is fabulous for me. I feel it is non-irritating and really cleans. I really prefer this one to the original, gentle one. that one is too gentle for my tastes. I would suggest this one even if your skin is dry (unless you're super, ridiculously dry).

One thing I should add is most days I don't wear a ton of makeup, (just blush, hihglighter) so maybe that's why some people don't like it. although even on weekends, i think this gets off most of the makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 11:05:00 PM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for more than 3 years now, I believe. It's a great gentle cleanser that has helped my acne-prone, oily skin stay mostly blemish-free. I've always used it morning/night, but I think I will be switching to morning-only (and finding another cleanser for nighttime), because it doesn't always get my makeup off. However, it is a good cleanser that doesn't irritate my skin, and I would repurchase! (Just FYI, it hasn't done much for my oiliness however.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2005 3:21:00 PM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had broken out really bad to another cleanser and my friend who worked for a dermatoligist recommended using this. The smell doesn't bother me that bad(why don't the people who complain about the smell try sniffing it before purchasing it? maybe that's just me). And my face, which has never broken out before the last cleanser, is looking much better. I have "normal" skin, I guess, and I moisturize well when I get out of the shower anyways - so it does nothing to dry out my skin. I really like it and will continue to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2005 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JulieGr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ughhh--this stuff smells like Aqua Net!!! This is the worst smelling cleanser I have ever used and it doesn't seems to have done much for my skin either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2005 5:17:00 PM More reviews by indoflip

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my staple face cleansing product. I absolutely cant live without it. Since I've started using this years ago my blemishes have cleared up dramatically, and it doesnt leave that tight, dry feeling on the skin after cleansing. It can feel kind of thick and goopy but the trick is to make a foam out of it between your hands before you apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by tangotiltheyresore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i've used this product for over 2 yrs now. i dont think it smells bad and it is so gentle. it doesnt leave my skin feeling tight and itchy like almost everything else i've tried. it's also very eff'n cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2005 8:59:00 AM More reviews by franticog

I am 40 and consider myself to have 'normal' skin. This works great for me. I always put some type of moisturizer on after cleansing, no matter what cleanser I am using, so it drying my skin is not a problem. I feel this cleanser has actually clarified my complexion. My teenage daughter also uses it and it is clearing up her skin too. Recently we stayed the night somewhere else and forgot to bring the cleanser. She washed her face with an old cleanser she used before Cetaphil, left in her makeup bag. For days afterwards, she had tiny bumps on her forehead! This cleanser has cleared those up and kept them away. We buy it in the huge bottle, needless to say.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by luckylady77

I have had really bad luck lately with everything I try, so I thought maybe my skin needed a break. I bought this and have been using about a month. So far so good. I use this only at night when I wear makeup(which isn't too often, 2 kids, stay at home). The smell isn't strong, could be milder, but does make my face feel clean, and I feel good knowing I don't have to put so many chemicals on my face to get it clean. I like it so far. Pure and simple.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2005 12:17:00 PM More reviews by DaMaBe324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about a week and I love it. It takes off all my makeup - including my waterproof mascara (I have never had a cleanser do that). I normally get very shiny throughout the day and it has been controling that a bit too! I also used to get at least 1 pimple a week and I have had none since using this product. I would definatly buy this again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by shoppingrl

Why so negative agout cetaphil? I love cetaphil! I dont believe it smells bad or anything! It actually moisturizes your skin better than most cleansers! True, most derms. reccomend it and that is obviously for a good reason!