Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG cleanser. It does an excellent job of gently cleansing my combination skin. I will probably eventually switch to the original cetaphil since yasmin is kept my breakouts under control for a couple of years now and my skin seems to be gradually getting a little drier, but for now it's this product alone.

As an aside, I would love to see improvements in the packaging. You can't travel with a pump, and I find it inconvenient to rebottle this in something travel-friendly.

I have acne-prone skin, and I was originally using the "Gentle" cleanser, which made my skin too greasy/oily. I have since switched to this kind, and my skin was dry at first, but less greasy and acne-prone. It has been two weeks since first starting this, and my skin is noticably clearer and no longer dry. I use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin SPF 15 in combination with this, and the two together seem to work for me.

I hate this. The only thing it does it remove makeup. It made me breakout, blech. I tossed this in the garbage....got Zapzyt cleansing bar and so far so good...

When compared to the original formula, this is slightly more drying and the scent is quite strong. It would be great if it's fragrance-free. But I will continue to use it cause it works well with my skin, esp. on humid days when I really want my face to clean and slightly dry. But I would say it's not good for cold winter days when one wants to retain more moisture in her skin. Besides, a large bottle lasts forever and is quite inexpensive.

This is an amazing product! Everytime I use it, all my acne disappears! It's soft and gentle on my skin and I even use the clean and clear spot treatment afterwards which usually dries out my skin and it still doesn't dry my skin out! The only thing is, when I don't use it, I start to break out again! I love this product though and would definitely use again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this gentle cleanser. My dermo told me to use this due to me having sensitive acne skin as well as I wear a lot of makeup. I have been using cetaphil for over 3 years now and I would never wash with anything else. My face looks so much better since using this. It is the only thing I can use that doesn't break me out. My face has never been so clean! I wish I would have known about cetaphil years ago. It would have saved me from all the horrible breakout's. I highly recommend this product to everyone!

I always come back to this after I cheat on Cetaphil with other products.

*Great for combo skin

*removes most make-ups (I ALWAYS use eye make-up remover b4 using Cetaphil)

*not drying

caused me no trouble so far. I just wish they would improve the design of the package... please?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have acne prone skin that is also sensitive and often dry. I really love this stuff. It fully removes makeup and oil but it doesnt strip my skin. There is no smell and one bottle lasts for a really long time. I haven't had any trouble with this face cleanser breaking me out. I hugely recomend it, it is my HG face wash.

This stuff made me break out...I have not had acne on my forehead since 6th grade...I am 26 now! This made me break out in tiny pimples on my forehead and white heads all over my chin! This is going in the trash can....The orginal cetaphil works better I should have never switched.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've given this product a lot of tries, because my derm recommended it and so many people raved about it. I have combination, very acne-prone skin. As far as acne alone goes, I would say it's neutral- while it doesn't break me out, it doesn't help anything either. My problem with it is that it doesn't take makeup off well AT ALL- especially foundation. I've never had any problems with makeup removal before.