Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 6/7/2004 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The tin is horrible and gets stuck, but what is inside is worth it--I've run out of this, but one tin lasted me like a year, smelled lovely, and really did the job for my cuticles, I would definitely recommend.

on 6/6/2004 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a really nice smelling wax-y cream in a small tin that work fairly well to soften and moisturize cuticles. You only need a little and it lasts a long time. I doubt I'll ever run out because the tin contains a lot of the cream and since you don't use that much, it'll last a long time. Sometimes, if I have really dry patches of skin like on my foot or hands, I apply this to it and it softens them up really well. Some people have complained about how opening the tin was difficult but I don't have any trouble with it. Also, I believe they changed the packaging too to a better tin so that probably solved the problem for some people.

on 6/2/2004 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been rubbing this onto my cuticles at night for years and am very happy with it. A little warming trick I figured out: While I'm washing my face, I tuck the tin in my bra to bring the cream up to body temperature. It is softened just enough to dab with my thumb and rub in.

on 5/31/2004 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This smells fantastic and is a pretty borderine cuticle treatment. It's also very cheap which makes it attractive, but I keep mine in my desk at work. For home, I choose Kiehl's Imperiale Repairature..which is expensive, but better.

on 5/31/2004 4:06:00 PM

I tried a free sample and I loved the lemon smell, it's just amazing! It made my hands so soft and they look good too. :) But I wish that the price was a little bit cheaper because I wouldn't wanna pay 5 bucks for a little tin...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not only does this product smell wonderful, it works wonders on my cuticles and one little pot lasts a long time.

The tin is hard to open if you donīt have strong nails, which is my main reason for using this product to begin with. If you can get inside the jar it will be well worth your time and trouble. This cream does wonder for my nails, it makes them stronger and it has helped restore my cuticles. I massage the cream into my nails, cuticles and fingertips before going to bed every night, and itīs made such a difference! A little bit goes a long way with this. Product smells lovely of lemon butter, and according to my cat, it tastes great as well!

on 5/13/2004 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used this for years...it's got a fresh, lemon-honey scent, it does an excellent job of repairing my nails and cuticles. I tend to use this at night or when I'm watching TV, as I don't like having mucked-up fingers during the day. As for packaging...the little tin it comes in isn't great, it tends to get greasy and gummed up from my fingers after application, but I don't know if a plastic jar alternative would be much better. Some people have complained that it's hard to open the container, but I've never found this to be the case--you just twist the top off, instead of prying it with your nails. This is about $7 CD and it lasts a good while.

*Update 05/27: They've changed their packaging--the tin has lost its rounded edges and added a lip to the lid, definitely making it easier to use for everyone. Can't wait to get a new tin! continued >>

burt's bees products are amazing, and i don't feel that this is an exception. i absolutely LOVE this stuff. it smells amazing, like freshly cut lemons. it's very light and it absorbs quickly. its a great alternative to a messy cuticle oil. you can use it on other rough parts of your body. i find the scent soothing, so its great to apply before bed. i have extremely dry nail beds/cuticles which has resulted in a lot of picking, but this really nourishes them. when they're moisturized and healthy, i tend to pick at them less. the price is right for this too... i think i got my tin for about $5. the packaging is lovely. overall, this really deserves a 10...

on 4/19/2004 2:40:00 PM

I really like this...it works well, keeping my cuticles soft. Not too greasy, I keep it in my purse on the go. The lemony smell is nice but fades quickly and absorbs into your skin quickly as well.

Popular Treatments