January 27, 2015 | 1904 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2004 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ruckygirl

I keep this in my desk and use it daily. The lemony scent is just right - not overpowering at all. I got this in a swap and I don't even remember what came with it - this was the best of the bunch. I have the mini-tin and I am not even half-way through with it. My nails and fingers get very dry, so I usually apply a layer of this over my cuticles before slathering on my hand lotion. Now I just need one more tin of this for home and I'll be set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2004 11:12:00 AM More reviews by KellyRenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

...HOLY GRAIL ITEM FOR ME...

I *love love love* this product! I first encountered it in my college bookstore (where I work) we have a big Burt's Bees display. I have tried a bunch of the testers and don't really like anything but this product. It is awesome and I did a little test by applying it a few times a week from the tester. I became addicted... now I have a tin in my purse with a small tube of lotion for when I need a mini-manicure. I get really stressed out and just putting this on, rubbing it in and adding some lotion with a hand massage is great therapy for me. You only need to use a small amount and it must be rubbed in. I've had my tin for a year and am still only about halfway through it. I love the buttery lemon smell, and as one MUAer said, the packaging isn't girly and I've gotten a few guy friends to try it out! I think the tins have been improved because the tester was closed shut, so we started a new tester and have had no problems (and I've had none with the one I bought). I've also used cuticle oils, but much prefer this to them because I can't carry a jar of oil in my purse. I recomend this product to everyone... BTW, I rarely use nail polish, so I'm not sure how this would work if you're a polish girl. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2004 9:19:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

The packaging really drags the rating down here. Honestly, I don't know how Burt expects me to be able to pry the lid of the freaking tin -- presumably we are using this cream to strengthen nails, and the tin does nothing but break them. Truly self-perpetuating. As for the cream itself, I found it too grainy and difficult to work in. My preferred cuticle cream is Philosophy's Save the Nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by TVNewsLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It does smell a little funny, but you get used to it. I like how it makes my nail beds feel. It's very easy to push back cuticles after using it. Or, use it to smoothen up that area during other times. A worthy buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by glamwanttobe

I love the way this stuff works too. I does tend to smell a little like furniture polish but it sure does the job. I work in a mill and my hands are hard working and they tend to get beat up and scratched alot. This stuff works so well on my cuticles that for the first time since I started there i have nice cuticles. The little tin is cute and a little hard to open but I just bought this for a friend and noticed that have changed the tin so it has a lip that you can open it with so it is easier.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2004 2:46:00 PM More reviews by amy_aimee2000

This smells SO good, and it's great for my cuticles. A definite staple. I'm only giving it 4 lipsticks though, because the lid is stuck on mine and I can't get it off to save my fricking life, and I can get ANY lid off of ANY jar! GRRRR!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 9:13:00 PM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An effective product with 4 big negatives: the container is annoying to open, the price,the scent is reminiscent of Lemon Pledge and a heavy waxy texture. Though I like what Burt's Bees emphasis on natural ingredients, I can't really recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 12:17:00 PM More reviews by eenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. My cuticles tend to get very dry and ragged in the winter, but slathering this on before bedtime really helps. A lot of times, I'll wake up in the mornings and my cuticles will be repaired. It also has a wonderful lemon scent. I don't mind the greasiness of this product, because it works!
My only complaint is the packaging, because I always have a hard time with Burt's Bees tins.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2004 10:51:00 AM More reviews by supah_stah1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find the scent of this VERY strong. It smells just like a citronella candle people use to keep mosquitos away...or maybe lemon pledge. In any case, the smell is not particularly nice, and it's really overpowering. However, the creme does work well in terms of moisturizing. I think any good moisturizer for hands would do about the same thing though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2004 5:54:00 AM More reviews by kiss4u

Great Smell. But to tell you the truth, there isnt much difference in this product than lip balms & generic creams. I make & sell my own lip balms, chapsticks, & lotions and most of the ingredients I use(as well as lots of real name brand balms)are the same stuff. So basically you're paying for overpriced lip balm that's labelled cuticle cream. This stuff is greasy and a bit of a hassle to apply. I admit it does help make your cuticles more healthier, but so does buying your own bottle of vitamin e(its VERY affordable) and applying it on your hands and nails before you sleep or buying a stick of lip balm. I guarantee the same results, if not better.