November 23, 2014 | 1579 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by SkylieBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara!! It really lengthens my lashes! I have short lashes and i can tell that they look longer..The one thing i dont like about this mascara is the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by fallingxstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really thought that this would be my HG when I bought it. Thankfully it was on sale BOGO and I got Colossal along with it because this mascara just did nothing for me. It made my lashes clumpy, added no length and DEFINITELY didn't add volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by blonderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Edit....

I have been reaching for this more and more when I am going out. It does lengthen my lashes and I like the more dramatic effect I get when I use it. Still some clumping issues but if I work fast to get 2 coats on it seems ok.

I wanted to love this. The packaging is cute and the ads sold me. I should have checked here first. It has a flowery scent that is kind of odd and dries very quickly which makes it difficult to apply without clumping. I am not a fan of having to de-clump my mascara after I put it on. It did make my lashes look longer which I liked, however even with only 2 coats which I applied quickly I got a spidery effect. I actually counted my top lashes at a whopping 10 after they clumped from this mascara. It does come off easily with water. Overall, I wasn't impressed and doubt I would buy it again. I think I will stick with Benefit Bad Gal lash and Maybelline Full N Soft for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by bee5050

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really am fond of this, not so much as a stand alone mascara, but as a base mascara to use alongside another. The raggedy brush really gets into the roots of the lashes, separating and lifting. The colour is a good, wet, inky black, unlike some black mascaras that are more or less thick and grey. If you like dark, full lashes, follow this when dry with a thicker, brushed mascara such as MAC Plushlash or Benefit BadGal which will then create a doll like density over the lash stiletto base coat. On its own this mascara may be a little underwhelming if you crave big lashes, but it does make a fab base mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by redlipstickbandit

I actually like the brush and the formula isn't bad. I find that it dries slightly too fast for me (I like to apply multiple coats so if it dries too fast I don't get the effect I like). The thing that made me rate it so low was the actual brush handle. I do not like that it isn't round.The square handle makes it very hard for me to spin the brush around to wiggle it into my lashline. I will not repurchase this and probably wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by NudeLips

The tube itself is really CUTE!!! resembles a stiletto... BUT I have wimpy straight short lashes and this mascara did absolutely nothing for me... even my heated eyelash curler couldn't save my lashes from this mascara... after a couple coats, it would weigh my lashes down and I didn't notice any length, no more than any other mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by kiranerdcore

I've heard both good and bad things about this product. Generally it does a lot of lengthening, like it says, but it doesn't give you thicker, plumper lashes. Some people says it doesn't hold much curl, but it seems to hold for me, so you could get mixed opinions on that. Also, there's a weird rose-like smell that comes from the product. It doesn't affect me much, but for people who don't like floral scents coming out of what they're putting on their face, I suggest you not buy it - it's pretty strong. I love the packaging - not so much the price, but that's pretty much it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Again, loyal MUA's didn't steer me wrong on the makeup board, but I just had to try this stuff. The only reason i didn't rate it lower is that the brush did deposit something that resembled color on my lashes but that was about it. I look at it like this: there are "good" stilettos and bad stilettos. This mascara is the Julia Robert's Pretty Woman streetwalker beat-up-high-heel-boot type of stiletto. Will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2009 6:42:00 AM More reviews by SugaGumDrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wasn't overall impressed with this mascara. I bought it on special offer from Superdrug. I bought it in Brown/Brunn to wear in the office. And it doesn't really do anything for my lashes, expect change the colour to a light brown colour.
It didn't clump or flake-so there is a good thing haha, just no length.

The packaging is nice enough. It just did absolutly nothing for my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by hashmith1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried a lot of Mascaras a few from the drug store and a few high end brands and i must say that this is my fave mascara every... It is very smooth in texture no clumping and makes my lashes looke longer anbd fuller. I would even buy it over the bad girl lash by benifit..... geat product value for the buck.............