December 21, 2014 | 1776 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first saw the commercial, I wasn't intrigued by it at all. I figured it would turn out to be like any other mascara, and the black patent shine thing turned me off. Recently I switched up my makeup routiene and started searching for a good, d/s, ultra lengthening mascara. I read through some reviews, and it seemed like most users were unhappy because it doesn't add volume. I thought to myself, well, that's perfect, because I don't want a volumizing mascara, so I went out and bought it. When I got home, I used it right away over my other mascara, and go figure, I hated it. I tried it again on bare lashes, and still hated it. The mascara is unreasonably wet, to the point that it doesn't add length at all, it just coats your lashes with color. I waited forever for it to dry, and then had to comb through it because it made my lashes stick together (I do give LS some credit, they were well defined and clump-free, but I prefer to have more than three eyelashes). I appied another coat, and I still didn't notice any length, but yet again my lashes began to stick together. I waited for it to dry, gave up, and applied my Voluminous mascara overtop. After two coats of LS, you literally COULD NOT tell that I put anything on. It looked like a basic lash tint. I hate to say it, but I'd reach for Great Lash before I used this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Ayustar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara on a whim, I don't have TV to see advertisements so I just bought it because of the way it looked, haha. I had another mascara in my hand and then I saw this one and immediately grabbed it instead. I am glad that I did. I was really blown away when I tried it since it was really good for a drug store brand. It made my lashes so nice!! Length and a little bit of thickness, just the right amount. I would definately buy it again but for right now I have Pupa. That is another story...or review, I should say.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by CherryO03

Geez did this product have great advertisements or what. I typically don't find mascara commercials that convincing because I find them very similar to blush in that you really have to try it on to see if it works well for you or not. Also I think the quality of a mascara weighs heavily on personal preference.

But besides that I have to say this quickly became my favorite mascara. While it does not add much in terms of volume it lengthens like no other mascara I have had before. The bristles are space a good distance apart and are long enough to get between each lash. I favor this mascara when doing a pin-up girl look because you can really bring attention to outer lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by SkylieBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara!! It really lengthens my lashes! I have short lashes and i can tell that they look longer..The one thing i dont like about this mascara is the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by fallingxstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really thought that this would be my HG when I bought it. Thankfully it was on sale BOGO and I got Colossal along with it because this mascara just did nothing for me. It made my lashes clumpy, added no length and DEFINITELY didn't add volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by blonderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Edit....

I have been reaching for this more and more when I am going out. It does lengthen my lashes and I like the more dramatic effect I get when I use it. Still some clumping issues but if I work fast to get 2 coats on it seems ok.

I wanted to love this. The packaging is cute and the ads sold me. I should have checked here first. It has a flowery scent that is kind of odd and dries very quickly which makes it difficult to apply without clumping. I am not a fan of having to de-clump my mascara after I put it on. It did make my lashes look longer which I liked, however even with only 2 coats which I applied quickly I got a spidery effect. I actually counted my top lashes at a whopping 10 after they clumped from this mascara. It does come off easily with water. Overall, I wasn't impressed and doubt I would buy it again. I think I will stick with Benefit Bad Gal lash and Maybelline Full N Soft for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by bee5050

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really am fond of this, not so much as a stand alone mascara, but as a base mascara to use alongside another. The raggedy brush really gets into the roots of the lashes, separating and lifting. The colour is a good, wet, inky black, unlike some black mascaras that are more or less thick and grey. If you like dark, full lashes, follow this when dry with a thicker, brushed mascara such as MAC Plushlash or Benefit BadGal which will then create a doll like density over the lash stiletto base coat. On its own this mascara may be a little underwhelming if you crave big lashes, but it does make a fab base mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by redlipstickbandit

I actually like the brush and the formula isn't bad. I find that it dries slightly too fast for me (I like to apply multiple coats so if it dries too fast I don't get the effect I like). The thing that made me rate it so low was the actual brush handle. I do not like that it isn't round.The square handle makes it very hard for me to spin the brush around to wiggle it into my lashline. I will not repurchase this and probably wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by NudeLips

The tube itself is really CUTE!!! resembles a stiletto... BUT I have wimpy straight short lashes and this mascara did absolutely nothing for me... even my heated eyelash curler couldn't save my lashes from this mascara... after a couple coats, it would weigh my lashes down and I didn't notice any length, no more than any other mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by kiranerdcore

I've heard both good and bad things about this product. Generally it does a lot of lengthening, like it says, but it doesn't give you thicker, plumper lashes. Some people says it doesn't hold much curl, but it seems to hold for me, so you could get mixed opinions on that. Also, there's a weird rose-like smell that comes from the product. It doesn't affect me much, but for people who don't like floral scents coming out of what they're putting on their face, I suggest you not buy it - it's pretty strong. I love the packaging - not so much the price, but that's pretty much it :)