July 24, 2014 | 1981 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2006 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So this is the first summer in years I have decided to avoid the sun and embrace a fake glow I am generally a huge proponent of the pale visage, but I realize every summer that I am tempted by the tan. Every summer I end up burning to tan and I ruin my tattoos and darken pigmentation spots unnecessarily. This summer my boyfriend talked me down from my thoughts of Icarus by purchasing this product and the MAC fx in Golden for me. I am generally dissapointed in Benefit's products and took this home with the expectation that it would soon be returned from whence it came. I was briefly advised by the snotty MA not to use the brush it came with, that it would leave a splotchy and dirty smudge on my face. So of course I had to try it. I was really excited by the product. Perhaps it looks best on pale skin? It looks completely believable without being overwhelming. I wanted a 1950's glow, not a 2006 irradiation. This certainly met my high standards. I even carry the clumsy box around with me because I enjoy the touch up's.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2006 8:03:00 PM More reviews by FireKittenEMT

I'm really glad there are no sparkles in this, which is probably why it looks so natural. I'm surprised that there are poor reviews on the packaging! I *love* it because it looks so pretty on my vanity and the deep container ensures no spillage. Perhaps if you tote it around I can see how it might not be portable, however I only use it at home before going out (I think touch-ups would be a bit much with this stuff). I love the natural look it imparts (all week people have been complimenting me on how good my "tan" looks (hee hee!). Blend, blend, blend, and forget about using the tiny brush they include. Instead I got a big face powder brush and sweep this stuff over my face, neck, chest, and shoulders. Go easy with this stuff, however. I was in a fashion show and applied this copiously to contour my cleavage - by the end of the show I noticed it was actually CREASING in my décolletage (no bueno). As long as I use it sparingly, however, it looks really natural and doesn't crease. Plus Benefit gave me a free Georgia palette with it when I purchased online!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 7:23:00 AM More reviews by cosmetiholic

The color of this bronzer is one of the better I've seen, not orange at all. Only problem being so brown, it can look almost dirty on certain skin tones. I like that it is matte, which seems rare in powder bronzers. The cardboard packaging is a bit annoying and the brush is nearly useless. Hoola is ok, but there are btter bronzers out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2006 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ErinElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried a few different bronzers at Sephora before being introduced to Hoola. I love the stuff because it imparts a realistic glow to my light olive skin. I highly recommend using a big, fluffy brush to apply because that little thing included in the packaging is useless. The makeup artist I spoke with at Sephora recommended applying it in a "3-and-E" pattern. The most important thing she told me is to blend, blend, blend so the bronzer doesn't look like a mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 7:03:00 PM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

despite the horrible reviews and poor packaging, this bronzer works with my cool tone skin. i've tried others, and they were just too red, yellow, or orange. hoola works without looking dirty, unless i over apply and that happens with all bronzers.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by empty_fairytales

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is great!! people ask if ive been on holiday, and you can put on as much as you like so it suits every skintone. just one piece of advice, NEVER use the brush it comes with as it means yuo get a brown streak across your face as its far too dense. i use a big powder brush and apply it to my whole face, particularly cheekbones. i wear it everyday now, i swear by it to get rid of that pale morning look!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 9:50:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have no idea about why I'm so late at reviewing this but I like this,the color is very interesting..not orange in any way,not dark or not too light either.Interesting..in a good but not perfect way.I like to use it when I look dull and then finish with another bronzer like one of my Guerlain Terracottas or something similar,something more intense and preferebly shimmery-in short it's like a base for other bronzers.It gives them a depth and a lovely warmth to my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by dodi14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A friend of mine gave this stuff rave reviews, so when I got a Sephora gift certificate I bought Hoola. I didn't take into account that we have different skin tones, but a little looks good on my pale skin - be careful when applying it or it can look muddy! I don't use the brush it came with because it makes it go on too strong, but prefer a blush brush. I sweep a little on my forhead, cheekbones, bridge of my nose, and chin. If you're pale, a little goes a long way! Don't over use it! Also, if I'm wearing a tank, I'll even sweep some on my shoulders and chest/collarbone. It's somewhat expensive, but it lasts a looong time. I've had mine for about 5 months and have hardly made a dent in it. I will probably buy it again when mine runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lilmynx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This bronzer is the only one I've ever worn where people ask me if I went away on vacation. Probably not the best for very light skintones as it is quite dark. It is best to layer it on lightly to build the colour, otherwise yeah, you do look dirty! BTW, don't EVER use the brush that comes with it because it is too dense and will deposit too much pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by mfoster9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best bronzer because it's brown, NOT orange. If you know how to apply bronzer properly then it shouldn't be a problem. What you should do is sweep your brush across the powder and then rub your brush inside the lid to get off any excess powder and to ensure that it's evenly distributed on the brush. Then keep swirling the brush over your face. You will get even brown, not orange color. This bronzer isn't sparkly so it looks natural! It's the only bronzer I've purchased over and over...and it's a decent amount that lasts quite a while. Also, it stays on during the day it won't go streaky on you! Buy it.