November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by strawberrynkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't used the UDPP, but I remember pick Two Face over that because the eye shadow color showed up more vibrant than compared to the UDPP. I don't use this regularly, only when I know I'm out all day. Although, I do see a difference on the days that I forget to use it. I do have to say that it does start to crease after 8 hours, but I think it works even better if you have less oily lids. I think next time I will try the UDPP, but I will definitely repurchase this too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by dahliadeadly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome! I have oily skin and my eyelids especially get oily but Shadow Insurance makes my eyeshadow and liquid liner stay put all day and night! I can't say enough about it. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by crys72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wonderful primer! I have oily lids and this is most definately one of the best primers out there. The only problem I have with it is that it should be in a pot...however the packaging is still waay better than UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by lautjuh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have got pretty oily eyelids, but this product really works for me. It doesn't last all day long. but deffinitly an entire school day wich works for me. the packaging (my english isn't very good, sorry :)) is very good. the product won't dry out fast in the tube.
the colors look really pretty and do look nicer.
overall I really like the product but I wish the shadow would crease a little later. but it does last around 9-10 hours

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought it to have an alternative to my UDPP, but it was a mistake. Not impressed at all. Although I am usind Too Faced eye shadows, this primer does not help in any way. I am sticking to Urban Decay primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this because I'm not totally enamored with UDPP. I only received a sample at Sephora.

This primer doesn't work for me. I wore it a full day last Saturday and my eyelids were an oily mess by the end of the day. Maybe worse than if I hadn't used primer at all. My eyeshadow had creased and drifted off.

It's really too bad, because I wanted to love this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this before Urban Decay Primer Potion, i think it is more expensive then UDPP, but i did not like it at all. I found it made my eyeshadows harder to blend out. I will say the packaging is way better then UDPP but i don`t like the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by saamantha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Before I purchased Too Faced SI, I had been using MAC's cream base in Pearl. A lot of shimmer, but it did the trick as a starter. I'm quite fair and have oily-combination skin, so veins tend to show through on my eyelids. Shadow Insurance works so, so well for me. My shadow stays perfect for at least 11 hours before it starts to crease, and I always get good colour pay-off with the majority of my shadows.

One downside? I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, or if I just got a dud of a container but... On my third or fourth use I went to squeeze the product out of the container and the seam at the bottom of the package burst. Product oozed out and made quite a mess. I'm using one of those plastic bag-sealers that you can get from Wal-Mart or Ikea to keep it from drying out... But it is seriously irritating.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by vallygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works for me but it seems like it sometimes takes away from the actual color of the eyeshadow while at other times it makes the color more vibrant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by fortune222

I've tried Monistat Gel, Glycerine from the drugstore, MUFE Sealant, cream shadow - all as eyeshadow primers. None of these works quite as well as Shadow Insurance, which is my HG primer.

Monistat works ok, and is relatively inexpensive, but can be difficult to find sometimes. Shadows over Monistat have lasted me 10 hours without creasing or fallout.

Plain drugstore glycerine is a little messier, but is certainly amazingly cheap! It takes practice to work with, and sometimes if you don't get the e/s-gylcerine paste quite right can look gloopy or even have fallout. But it will last about 8-9 hours.

The MUFE Sealant is appallingly expensive, dries on the spot so blending is nearly impossible, irritates the lower lids over time and will sting if it gets in your eyes. However, all that aside, you can sleep in your e/s, wake up in the morning, and look perfect. Not that you should.

Urban Decay's packaging is so absurd I haven't even tried it - no one I know has had a good experience because of the packaging.

Shadow Insurance lasts me a good 12-14 hours, is lightly colored to help support concealing, dries quickly but not so quick you can't blend, and doesn't irritate. I use it on both upper lid and undereye with great results. If you find your undereye drying out a bit, you can revive with a dab of eye cream during the day.

I have experienced slight fallout with Shadow Insurance, but only when using e/s with large glitter particles, as well as e/s I didn't put on quickly or blend well during "prime time."