Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 7/15/2006 10:49:00 PM

So So.
My sister told me to try Flextencils, so I went to Sephora and was urged to try this one instead. It is a little heavy and spider-ey. I like a very natural look and have a rough time making this look natural. Also, I have to run the bottle under hot water before I use it to thin the product out before application. It was pretty expensive, so I will finish the bottle, and then hopefully try something else. I really like Origins Fringe Benefits the best so far, for a very natural look. Both have nice brushes.

on 7/14/2006 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this mascara religiously up until about 6 years ago. When I was in Paris, I was talked into buying Flextencils. After that, I drifted from mascara to mascara, until recently, when my new favorite (Ultima II Wonderwear) was discontinued. I can't believe I ever strayed! I remember now why used this mascara for so long! It works well on me - gives me a nice lush looking lash without looking fake, clumpy or too sparse. I would definitely try it out! Buy at Nordstrom and you can always return it if you hate it. :)

I have tried so many mascaras and this one seems to be one of the best. It does everything I want my mascara to do. I usually get this at a GWP because personally I would not buy it for $22. The only problems that I have with it is that it looks really dark on my lashes but that's only because I already have dark lashes to begin with. Also I have to do a lot to set a curl on my lashes so I wish that I didn't have to curl my lashes again for 5 seconds (so bad to my lashes) after I apply the mascara. It kind of cakes if you apply too much. Aside from that this is a nice product.

on 7/2/2006 11:48:00 PM

This definitely wasn't anything special. I received the GWP version in a swap, just to try it out. I don't know if the brush is the same in the full version, but if it is, then that sucks royally. The brush is really standard, and looks like spiders legs to begin with, so what kind of results would I expect? I could have reproduced the look with a bargain bin mascara. Not worth it.

on 7/2/2006 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this product, have been using it for years. Don't have problems with clumps. Have tried several other mascaras from Wal-Mart and didn't find anything even close. It is expensive, but I don't wear make-up everyday so a tube will last me a year... I always get my Lancome during bonus time...

It works well and does what it was suppossed to. My lashes don't look spidery and they look a little longer with some volume, but this isn't the look I am going for. I got this as a GWP. It works well under Hypnose. Long, thick lashes.=) The looks is similar to Urban Decay's Skyscraper which I prefer because it is easier to work with and a little cheaper for the same look.

on 6/28/2006 8:45:00 PM

I agree, this mascara is kind of boring...but...that's why I always go back to it! It doesn't flake, smudge, irritate my eyes, or clump yet is easily removed. It doesn't really volumize or curl, just darkens beautifully and adds a little length. A homerun for contact-wearers or those with sensitive eyes.

on 6/28/2006 2:14:00 PM

This is the 2nd time I got this as a sample-and I'm not impressed w/ this. It's not bad, it's just boring-doesn't do anything special(for the expensive price, I would expect something "special")...so-it's a decent free sample gift but I would not purchase thise-I'll stick w/ my Fatale or YSL.

on 6/28/2006 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really thought this would be great. I wanted it to be, after hearing everyone rave that it was their HG mascara. It didn't do anything special for my lashes, and it smudged under my eyes (the waterproof version). BOO! I won't buy again.

on 6/27/2006 4:06:00 AM

Worst mascara. It does not volumize or make my lashes longer, it does not really define, it only flakes after one hour. And it is really expensive.