Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

3.7

on 1/20/2007 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is my favourite spring-summer perfume at the moment.
when you spray, the scent is very citrusy and sharper but still very pleasant.
after a few minutes the fruits emerge, juicy, tart green apples and refreshing lemons, and maybe a few white flowers. i can also detect some pepper.
the base is a subtle powdery cedar smell.
overall i could compare the scent to a delicious beverage..it is like sprite or a lemonade.
fortunately i found that these days it's becoming less popular than it was a few years ago. then, i could smell it very frequently. now it is more unique, not everyone and their dog smells like this which is a plus. :)
beside the gorgeous smell it is so easy to wear, maybe better for casual use but suits for most occasions. ageless.
happy, uplifting, breezy, refreshing, energizing, light scent but at the same time it has a distinctive personality. somehow it is innocent but sexy at the same time.
unfortunately i cannot smell it on myself after about an hour, i get very very subtle whiffs of it accidentally but i actually forget that i wear any perfume. however it is supposed to mean that it suits me. dunno.. at least i hope that others can smell it on me.
the packaging could be of better quality, the blue plastic cap is cheap looking, however i like the conception: the blue cap symbolizes the clear blue mediterranean sky and the matte bottle is like the sea/ ocean water beneath.
if you like this you will probably like lanvin eclat d'arpege and moschino i love love coz they're similar to this in character.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I received this for my birthday 2 weeks ago and omg am I in love! Initially, I didn't think too much of it but as each day passes I just love it more and more (yes, I've been wearing it *every* day) Now I'm no fragrance connoisseur so I can't really describe things like "top note" and "dry down", but the lingering scent is just positively delicious. My formerly beloved DKNY Red Delicious is in the drawer and D&G Light Blue is front and center on my vanity. Did I mention that I LOVE it???

on 1/19/2007 6:30:00 PM

Hmmm... first, let me say that I'm not a fan of citrusy scent. I've noticed Light Blue for quite awhile and I didn't not like it at all initially (it somehow reminds me of dish soap...) Today I tested again. I still didn't like the opening burst of citrus, but after 15 minutes or so, I started to appreciated its drydown, which was much softer, and it lingered.
I still prefer my Eau de Cartier than Light blue. They both smell fresh and clean, but EDC does so with a greener and less lemony scent. Plus, I don't find that many people wearing EDC, so it is MY special scent! ;)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i really like this scent. at first i thought it smelled sort of wierd, but when it dries down it smells really clean. in a way it sortttttt of reminds me of johnsons baby shampoo and i love the smell of that too. EDIT: i got really sick of this scent and everyone has it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love love love this light, lemony fragrance. Smells very clean, without any cloying notes that disagree with my body chemistry. Would definitely buy again.

on 1/10/2007 10:04:00 PM

I wanted to like this so badly, but sadly it just doesn't work with my chemistry AT ALL. It smells sharp and too musky...almost a musty smell...ewww. Fortunately, I only purchased a sample size because it is on the pricey side.

on 1/5/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love, love, love this fragrance! The top note is a burst of lemon, which I didn't initially like. However, it dries down to a beautiful clean sent. My favorite part is that I can still smell the apples in the dry down. Every time I get a whiff of this stuff, on myself or someone else, I smile. It's really a wonderful scent.
Edit: My love, love, love of this frangrance has worn off. I still think it smells beautiful on others but, lately it turns to lemon pledge on me.

on 1/1/2007 3:40:00 PM

Even though it's a bit pricey and the bottle isn't breathtaking... Light Blue is the HO of perfume for me. It's that one classic scent that no woman should be without! It starts out clean and fresh (yes, there is a hint of apple, but not in a nauseating way like DKNY) but over time you smell the musky undertones... truly beautiful and very sultry. It lasts all day long for me, something few other perfumes have been able to do so far!

on 12/31/2006 11:08:00 PM

This product really smells good. It has a great scent and is the one prefered by various boyfriends. I am one who usually likes natural perfume, but this one is very nice. It does not give me a headache like most chemical perfumes.

on 12/26/2006 9:46:00 AM

One of my favourite fragrances ever!!! Love the lightness of the perfume. I'm using my 3rd bottle of Light Blue now and still can't get enough of it!! I don't like too sweet and agressive perfumes so this one is perfect for me, it's suitable for both daily and evening wear.

Popular Fragrances