Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

3.7

on 1/30/2007 9:45:00 AM

This is the one of my favorite all time.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

From first spritz to the scent that lingers on my skin hours later, this fragrance makes me smile. I love that it's not too sweet or girlie, yet it's definitely not masculine. I was almost turned off by the name "Blue" because it brought to mind an icier, cool scent and I would describe this as warmer. Also, near the end of the day, the scent is so warmly subtle that it smells like natural, sexy skin and not perfume.

on 1/25/2007 1:31:00 PM

This is a very nice light citrusy scent. Upon initial spritz, there seems to bit a bit of a masculine, pine scent. However, on the skin, the scent quickly morphs into a much lighter androgynous scent. The scent is a very soft clean scent with citrus undertone, no sharp lemon scent or strong soapy notes. To me this scent is extremely similar to I Love Love and would recommend choosing one or the other, but not both. Light Blue is easily accessible with various merchants, so I would recommend not purchasing this at a department store where it tends to be the most expensive. I found this the cheapest at Amazon.com

on 1/25/2007 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great scent for summer time but I got this for Christmas and have already put a nice dent in it. It is very light and refreshing. Pricey for it being an EDT and the lasting power is so so. It's still not a fragrance I have fallen completely in love with. I am still on the look out for my one true signature fragrance.

on 1/20/2007 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this scent, it smells so good and the scent lasts, it's not overbearing either wich I love. I would diffenatly buy again.

on 1/20/2007 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is my favourite spring-summer perfume at the moment.
when you spray, the scent is very citrusy and sharper but still very pleasant.
after a few minutes the fruits emerge, juicy, tart green apples and refreshing lemons, and maybe a few white flowers. i can also detect some pepper.
the base is a subtle powdery cedar smell.
overall i could compare the scent to a delicious beverage..it is like sprite or a lemonade.
fortunately i found that these days it's becoming less popular than it was a few years ago. then, i could smell it very frequently. now it is more unique, not everyone and their dog smells like this which is a plus. :)
beside the gorgeous smell it is so easy to wear, maybe better for casual use but suits for most occasions. ageless.
happy, uplifting, breezy, refreshing, energizing, light scent but at the same time it has a distinctive personality. somehow it is innocent but sexy at the same time.
unfortunately i cannot smell it on myself after about an hour, i get very very subtle whiffs of it accidentally but i actually forget that i wear any perfume. however it is supposed to mean that it suits me. dunno.. at least i hope that others can smell it on me.
the packaging could be of better quality, the blue plastic cap is cheap looking, however i like the conception: the blue cap symbolizes the clear blue mediterranean sky and the matte bottle is like the sea/ ocean water beneath.
if you like this you will probably like lanvin eclat d'arpege and moschino i love love coz they're similar to this in character.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I received this for my birthday 2 weeks ago and omg am I in love! Initially, I didn't think too much of it but as each day passes I just love it more and more (yes, I've been wearing it *every* day) Now I'm no fragrance connoisseur so I can't really describe things like "top note" and "dry down", but the lingering scent is just positively delicious. My formerly beloved DKNY Red Delicious is in the drawer and D&G Light Blue is front and center on my vanity. Did I mention that I LOVE it???

on 1/19/2007 6:30:00 PM

Hmmm... first, let me say that I'm not a fan of citrusy scent. I've noticed Light Blue for quite awhile and I didn't not like it at all initially (it somehow reminds me of dish soap...) Today I tested again. I still didn't like the opening burst of citrus, but after 15 minutes or so, I started to appreciated its drydown, which was much softer, and it lingered.
I still prefer my Eau de Cartier than Light blue. They both smell fresh and clean, but EDC does so with a greener and less lemony scent. Plus, I don't find that many people wearing EDC, so it is MY special scent! ;)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i really like this scent. at first i thought it smelled sort of wierd, but when it dries down it smells really clean. in a way it sortttttt of reminds me of johnsons baby shampoo and i love the smell of that too. EDIT: i got really sick of this scent and everyone has it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love love love this light, lemony fragrance. Smells very clean, without any cloying notes that disagree with my body chemistry. Would definitely buy again.

Popular Fragrances