BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 1/11/2007 9:33:00 PM

I think poor Dandelion is sometimes misunderstood - this should really be classified as a face powder more than a blush. As a blush, it will disappoint - it's very very pale ballet pink. As a face powder/ brightener, it will make you fall in love!. I keep this with me (clunky carboard box and all - hello, benefit - is this necessary? they've invented plastic, you know) for during the day touchups -- it puts life and vitality in your cheeks without being bronze (sometimes... you just want to look healthy and not necessarily bronze). There's a little demo video about this on sephora.com under the benefit brand page. If you use it like that, you'll love it -- sweep it on cheeks, a little down the nose, on the sides of your forehead - it just... makes you look like a dandelion - bright and happy and sunny. I don't usually like fragrance in my face products, but I love the way this smells -- a tiny bit floral, and very chic and she-she!

on 1/10/2007 11:32:00 PM

I love this stuff! I know several people have commented that it does not show up on their skin, but on mine (NW20), it shows up very nicely and gives a really nice pink glow. I probably would not recommend for those who don't have fair skin, because it's not pigmented enough to show up. But the color is perfect on me.

At this time, the packaging doesn't really bother me. I've only had it for about 2 weeks, but it's holding up nicely so far.

on 1/10/2007 8:17:00 PM

Cute package, blush is way too light even for my light/medium skin you can not even see the color. Don't waist your money!

on 1/9/2007 12:45:00 PM

I bought this for the first time while I was in high school. I've never liked wearing alot of makeup. This shade is so pretty and worn as a blush gives me just the slightest pink tone in my cheaks. Now that I'm a little older I typically waer a darker blush (Smashbox Proof Sheet) and ever so lightly brush this onto my cheaks as a finish. So pretty.

on 1/8/2007 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this blush! Gives a natural pink glow. Very soft.

on 1/6/2007 8:34:00 PM

Dandelion is a great blush. One of those shades you can just get out of your stash and apply when you just want a pop of color on your face. It works with many styles, from Girl Next Door to more sophisticated and doesn't ever interfere with my other MU. It adds color to my cheeks without making a huge statement. The shade is a soft pale pink that should suit both warm and cool tones. It has a lovely flowery scent and you get a nice ammount of product. The little cardboard box it comes in is not only cute but also sturdy and the brush is surprisingly good quality. For reference, I am a brunette NW20 with warm freckles and very dark brown eyes.

on 1/6/2007 11:02:00 AM

I thought this looked so pretty at Sephora but was very disappointed when I got it home. I should have paid more attention to the reviews here because the exact problem was that it was very chalky looking when I applied it. Not for me...returned it promptyly. Also- packaging was terrible.

on 1/6/2007 12:15:00 AM

I love this blush!! its very subtle but still shows, very natural on my skin

on 12/31/2006 10:34:00 PM

I love this product. I know alot of people aren't impressed with it because it doesn't seem to show up well. It really is true that it's not a blusher though. If it looks cakey, it's because you're putting too much on just the cheeks to make it show up more. If your problem is it's not showing up very well on the cheeks, well it's not supposed to. That doesn't mean the product isn't good because it's like saying "my foundation is rubbish as a concealer" or my blusher is a rubbish eyeshadow". It doesn't mean the foundation isn't a good foundation and the blusher's not a good blusher, That is afterall what they were designed to do. I have very pale skin which has the tendency to look washed out. Sometimes blush can make me look too made up and it's too obvious. So when I just want to give my skin a healthier colour without looking too made up this is the perfect alternative to a blusher, also there's the added bonus that it wakes up the whole face. So it just looks like a natural flush. The shade of this being something else that's great about it. It's very close to the natural colour of flushed skin so looks very natural. In my opinion it's the kind of product you're not supposed to notice when you look up close in the mirror. Or something you can point at and say it's there on your skin. You have to step back from the mirror and look at the effect it has on your skin overall. Kind of like something you can't see but it's making a difference. Also I think like alot of makeup, if it doesn't work/look right on you. That doesn't mean it's a bad product. Just that what can make a huge difference on one person can look rubbish on someone else. I think dandelion works best on very pale skin as it can only really do what it's designed to do on pale skin in my opinion.

on 12/31/2006 9:32:00 PM

I really love this product. I have fair skin with olive undertones and I use this (lightly) as an all-over brightening powder on top of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It looks pretty and fresh and not overdone -- I get lots of compliments on my skin. One box lasts me a while, probably six months or more. And I have never minded the smell or the packaging.

Popular Blush Products