BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 1/24/2007 8:53:00 PM

I don't understand the raves. It's a pale pink blush. I have pale skin and find it to be an acceptable blush. But I would not use it all over my face (chin and forehead, as recommended by Benefit) -- it would make me look like a clown. Very expensive for just a blush.

on 1/22/2007 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the coolest product I've ever bought. The package is awesome, the color is perfect for just about everyone and you can use it as a highlighter or blush (I use it as blush). And, it lasts forever! I've had this stuff for going on three years now and I've still got 1/3 left. It's a must have and eventhough it's expensive, it's worth it!

on 1/21/2007 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i just busted open my dandelion powder last night and was pleased. I am super fair so i will most likely be using this as a blush, not a highlighter. i brushed some on my eyes as a shadow base as well and it looked very very pretty. i also used it on my temples and chin. looked very nice. love the packaging (i don't take much makeup with me when i leave the house), love the brush, and the feel and smell are very nice.

on 1/21/2007 6:17:00 AM

LOVE this highlighting powder. Wakes my skin up. A box will last a LONG time

This is the best blush ever! It really is a highlighting powder but it gives a great glow. It really isn't all that light. I would DEFINITELY try before I buy.

on 1/16/2007 12:53:00 AM

I had to pause on my "package quality" rating...I mean it IS seriuosly cute, I do really love to gaze at it.....It IS really annoying to carry around and assemble for fast touch ups...Now what it does to my face I LOVE! Realizing now that it's not a true blush, it's a pick-me up or complexion booster ( for moi anyway), I really enjoy how it does something glowy there w/ out getting a ton of sparkles all over the place. Very natural. The brush is holding up pretty well so far.The main problem is it feels so good, I tend to put a wee bit too much on....
$26 ?? Well why not, I'm certainly worth it.( $27, and I'd have to reconsider..) Now we'll see how I like it when I have some color in the spring.

on 1/15/2007 10:02:00 AM

Dandelion should be touted as a face powder/brightner. Benefit many years ago had a face powder which was a lavender tint and was wonderful, especially for light/medium sallow skin. They discontinued it and then came out with Dandelion, Hoola and the peachy powder. Dandelion is very nice if you do not want the bronze look for all over application. I use Dallas also which is OK for the summer but continue to use Dandelion----just a little goes a long way.

on 1/14/2007 8:08:00 AM

Not for everyone, but I can understand those who love it. I gave it a 3 because it will work for some, but not me. If you can't do blue undertones in your blush, like me, stay away. Sample it first.

on 1/12/2007 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am very pale and do not wear much make up....however most of the time I look half dead so Dandelion gave me the perfect color that I need....if you put too much on it definitely goes chalky....and I can see how it might be too light for some, but luckily it works for me...
UPDATE: this broke me out like crazy on my cheeks...so sad because I love the color...but will not buy again...

on 1/11/2007 9:33:00 PM

I think poor Dandelion is sometimes misunderstood - this should really be classified as a face powder more than a blush. As a blush, it will disappoint - it's very very pale ballet pink. As a face powder/ brightener, it will make you fall in love!. I keep this with me (clunky carboard box and all - hello, benefit - is this necessary? they've invented plastic, you know) for during the day touchups -- it puts life and vitality in your cheeks without being bronze (sometimes... you just want to look healthy and not necessarily bronze). There's a little demo video about this on sephora.com under the benefit brand page. If you use it like that, you'll love it -- sweep it on cheeks, a little down the nose, on the sides of your forehead - it just... makes you look like a dandelion - bright and happy and sunny. I don't usually like fragrance in my face products, but I love the way this smells -- a tiny bit floral, and very chic and she-she!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products