April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by gothamangel08

This is the first eyeshadow primer I have ever purchased. I have oily lids and this product works great as a primer! This is expensive for my liking. I love drug store products and will try to find one just as great! I have used this product for more than 6 months now. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Staying power? 5/5

Crease resistance? 5/5

Price? 5/5

Blendability? 5/5

UDPP or TFSI? Too faced, hands down.

This is a really good primer, I must say. It keeps my eyeshadow's on ALL day through whatever weather conditions. I've tried UDPP and I prefer this to the other. I like the texture of UDPP better, but it didn't make it as vibrant as with TFSI or last nearly as long. I'd highly recommend investing in this product. It makes even drugstore and no-name brand eyeshadow's look and wear like a 20$ eyeshadow. However, be careful applying too much - it's harder to blend out. Very, very little product is needed. I had the mini 3g / .011oz one and it lasted me over 6 months!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great shadow primer! I had first purchased UDPP for the rave reviews and quickly realized how much of a PIA the packaging would be. Still, I used it and decanted as necessary, but was hoping for a product in a better container would come along. And then came TFSI! Love the easy sqeeze tube - I can squeeze out just the amount I need and it lasts forever because you only need a little bit! The scent is a very faint kind of plastic-sherbet to me - can't smell it unless I put it right up to my nose. As far as shadow-pigment goes, I will admit that UDPP is better, but only to a certain extent because I don't wear bright purples,blues. greens and the like - also, I am very fair skinned, so even the lightest shades show up on me no matter what. In any case, what is most important to me is that my shadows and liners wear for 12+ hours with no creasing, smudging, smearing or the like! Now I will repurchase if necessary, but I have so many mini-tubes of this and full tubes of UDPP, so it will be awhile. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by MaLove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was a loyal Urban Decay Primer Potion user but quickly grew tired of having to "decant" the remaining product from the package. I picked up Too Faced Shadow Insurance only because it comes in a tube. Now I'm in love with it. My eyeshadow stays put from morning till night...and I almost always wear a bold-bright eye look. No fading, no creasing and best of all....no cutting the tube to get all of it out. A tiny bit is all I need so one tube lasts about a year, so well worth the money. Again...just a tiny bit is all I need...too much makes it "sticky" and you can't blend your shadow. Love this stuff...when I give eyeshadow as gifts (I love buying shadow palettes for gifts) I add a tube of Shadow Insurance. Beautiful product and will absolutely keep purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Kilikina616

This product was given to me by my cousin who is a manager at sephora. I used it the other day, and it worked really well. It was creamy and my eyeshadow lasted all night and DIDN'T crease, even after being at work for 7 hours (I work at a pizzeria in front of an oven ((Really HOT)).... I like it better than UDPP because it seems that with UDPP the little wand doesn't give you enough product. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Orenishigo

I got this product as a sample. I went to ulta 2 days ago, and I saw they had a sale on the lil purses that came with a mini mascara and a mini shadow insurance for $10, It was a steal. I had to buy it. Ive been wearing the primer since 8 this morning and its been on for 7 hours. My shadows still looks amazing! Very sanitary, and a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really loving this primer! It has a gel-like consistency and is tinted, yet when you blend it into your lid, the tint disappears and it becomes clear...this leaves you with natural-looking lids, not white or beige lids like so many primers out there. It's very lightweight and is not drying. The packaging is a tube, which makes it both sanitary and convenient, and it allows you to access all of the product, unlike some other brands (cough, cough...looking at you, UDPP), and it also allows you to control how much of the product you are using so you don't waste any(looking at YOU, Stay Don't Stray!).

As for performance...this product is wonderful! As I stated above, there is no drying, yet my lids remain crease-free all day, every day. Shadow and liner colors remain true and really "grab" the eyelid, while still remaining remarkably blendable. No problems whatsoever. The price, IMO, is also reasonable at only $17.

Overall, a great product, well worth it's reputation! Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by melinhha

I absolutely love this product! My eye shadow stays on the entire day without any creasing! I also love that it comes in a tube because it's easier to control how much you use and its much more sanitary. I think the UDPP packaging is a waste because 50% of the product gets stuck in the tube. The only problem I've ran into with this is that it is a little too sticky, making blending a little bit more difficult. However, this is something I can deal with.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by knightrider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a Too Face Shadow Insurance (TFSI) vs Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP), so I will put this review on both product review pages. I use it with pigments:

Both these eyelid primers are excellent! Before I tried these, I actually thougth that eyeshadow were supposed to be so pale, and last so short. Then I tried these, and the shadows (even cheap ones!) lasted all night long, and the colors on my lids looked the same as the colors in the boxes/palettes!

So which one is the best? As I have read, TFSI works best on dry skin, while UDPP works better on oily skin. I can also see that UDPP dries faster on my skin. For me; TFSI is the holy grail!

Vibrant color: Both UDPP and TFSI is excellent here! I can hardly see any difference!

Lasting: They both lasts until I remove my makeup at night!

Ingredients: UDPP contains parabens and bismuth. I am not allergic of any of them, but I'm not too fond of parabens. TFSI contains bismuth. A little better than UDPP.

Blending: A known problem with these primers, is problems with blending. I have learned to add just a little shadow at the time, and add more and more. It works on both primers. I think TFSI is the best when it comes to blending (even if it could be better!). MAC #217 is a helpful tool here! Many say that you could put a skin toned eyeshadow all over the lid to make it easier to blend. And, yes, it MAKES it easier. But the vibrant colors are gone, only half transparent colors left....

Packaging: TFSI is great, it comes in a tube. When you get the last drop, its almost empty. It's easy to cut open the tube to get the last of it. UDPP is a hard bottle with an unhygienic applicator! I've seen videos how to get out the rest, but I'm lazy - when I do not get out more, I will throw it in the garbage.

Color: Both is invisible on my skin, which is good, I think! I want to use eye shadow to color my lids, not the primer!

Winner (for me): TFSI!! But UDPP is also great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by MissButtons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't go without this product! It makes me eyeshadow stay on all day and I never get any creasing or smudging. It doesn't bother my sensitive eyes and a little goes a long way, the tube lasts months. I like this soo much better than Urban Decay's. Will buy over and over again!