BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful product! Got this as a sample and fell in love with it. Will buy again and again. You can use it for anything almost-from eyeshadow to highlighter to light lip tint to raise the cheek bones, this is a miracle product. Good job, Benefit!

on 1/22/2009 1:33:00 PM

Fantastic highlighter! Gives your skin a satiny glow. Subtle enough for daytime use. It looks awfully pink in the bottle but melts into your own skin tone on application (or, if you're more heavy handed, an appealing pink flush.) Great for everyone including fair-skinned girls!

I prefer Chanel's Sheer Brilliance because it gives me the same dewy glow but also a subtle sunkissed look. But this is tops, too!

on 1/19/2009 6:51:00 PM

I am so glad I decided to give this highlighter a go, because it is really worth it.
I have fair, NW15 skin and it really helps to highlight, define, and contour my cheekbones and browbones. I also like to dot a little bit on the inner corner of my eyes to brighten them up a bit.
The formula is very easy to blend, and has a pearly pink, satiny finish that really compliments my skin tone. It gives your skin a glowy, luminescent appearance that really brings your look up a notch.
A little bit goes a long way with this stuff, so I can imagine that it will last a long time. Once I run out, though, I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/18/2009 5:51:00 PM

Definitely my HG! Gives my ppp skin a very nice glow. It also looks really natural. No glitter at all which is a huge plus for me. A little does goes a long way!The creamy formula works well with my dry skin. Love, love, love it!

on 1/16/2009 12:12:00 AM

I instaneously fell in love with this product! My first Benefit purchase and I am very pleased. I was running on 4 hrs of sleep last night, so after reading all the reviews here I dashed to Sephora ($24 USD). I look and feel like a Disney princess. I'm not a big fan of shimmer in any of my daytime makeup products. This is hands down the best highlighter, it doesnt look overdone either. Less is definitely more in this case. I used MAC eyeshadow to highlight my brow bone, but that didnt look as natural as HB. It is very sheer and iridescent when it comes to contact on the skin. It lasted quite a while too. After a 2 hr. gym workout session, afterwards I came out still looking bright with a hint of glow. This price is quite steep, but little goes a long way, and I could see this lasting for at least a year. Gotta try it girls!

Also** do you ladies recommend Benefit's eye bright pencil on top of it? Do these have to go hand in hand or will I be fine just using HB alone? Input is appreciated...Contact me. Thanks in advance!

on 1/15/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product! i hesitated for ages about buying it as its 15, but after reading reviews on here i went for it! it leaves a gorgeous shimmer to your face, not too obvious. some reviews have said its too bright and too obvious however i did not find this. its very expensive for a highlighter, and i have similar products (a barry m body shimmer) that do a similar job for a third of the price, however this product is slightly better. i would definitely reccommend if you can afford. ifnot try barry m's body creme shimmer range.

on 1/12/2009 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love High Beam and use it almost every day! I dot it along my brow bones and along the top of my cheek bones in the shape of a big C. This product gives my NC15 skin a nice glow and highlights my bone structure without looking over the top or overly unnatural. I find the nail polish bottle-like applicator easy to use (and very cute!). I will repurchase this product again for sure! I just wish BeneFit products were easier to find in my town....

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this as a deluxe sample from Sephora, and wow, it's amazing stuff. I started out not really sure about the best way to use it (because I typically don't use highlighters; I'm very minimalistic when it comes to my makeup), but I've found that mixing a bit of this in with my moisturizer gives me fantastic results. I get a very nice, dewy glow on my face. I get sooo many compliments on my complexion since I've started using this. Once my sample runs out, I'll be purchasing more!

on 1/11/2009 12:30:00 AM

I don't think it's that useful. Any eyeshadow highlight color can mimick the effect of this product. Besides this is liquid and not as easy to control the amount. I returned mine to Sephora.

on 1/9/2009 10:37:00 PM

This is a pinkish based highlighter, so it will work best if you have a cool skin tone. If your skin is warmer, you will do better to try Moon beam, same thing but more of a peachy base. This blends in well and the shimmer is very soft, not too harsh or glittery.

Video Reviews & Tutorials