BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 10/22/2008 1:37:00 PM

BeneFit products are amazing, but you have to apply this right. I use mainly BeneFit makeup apart from my foundation (Chanel), which I only use if I'm having a bad day or something. This is defo the best highlighter ever!! It just looks so beautiful, natural, and I love the word BeneFit uses - ethereal! I really does look lovely, but you mustn't use too much. I don't know what its like all over your face, as I only use a little teensy bit on my cheeks, cos I hate hate hate to look like I'm wearing makeup. I wouldn't dare put it anywhere near my t zone like some people do because thats where I get oily skin, but it really does give you a perfectly natural, radiant glow that just makes you look like you naturally have it! I dno how other people use it but maybe some people don't like it because they use to much or put it in the wrong place, but I think a little bit on the cheeks after blush (posietint for me!) looks so lovely. Buy it!! (:

on 10/21/2008 2:26:00 AM

First I bought High Beam but I couldn't stop wondering if Moon Beam would've been nicer. So I had to get Moon Beam too. I find that both are nice in their own ways. I will tell you the differences so you won't have to wonder. For reference I am NC30 Asian.

HIGH BEAM: This one is pearlized pink in color. The pinkness doesn't show up. Only the silvery sparkles do. High Beam glow is more prominent than Moon Beam. Maybe it's due to the difference in mica and titanium dioxide content in the formulas. The sparkles are silvery white on my skin. Though they are super duper fine, if you put too much, like when you mix it with foundation and wear all over, you will look metallic. Think Tin Man in Wizard of Oz. You might be able to wear it all over if you have fair/light skin because there's not much color contrasting going on. If you're darker warmer skin toned, it's better to wear it only where you want to highlight. Remember to use very little amount. It will give you the glow you're looking for.

MOON BEAM: This gives you subtler glow. It's more suitable for everyday wear. The color is peachy with pink-gold iridescence. Somehow I think gold sparkles are not as reflective as silver ones in High Beam. If what you're looking for is a full-makeup/night-out/show-time highlighter, Moon Beam is not much of it. I think its best use is to mix with moisturizer or sunscreen to wear all over on days that you want to wear no makeup but don't want to look blah either. Again not too much or you will look fake.

Some say that High Beam is for lighter skin tone and Moon Beam is for darker. I say choose High Beam for spot highlighting and Moon Beam if you want subtle all-over glow. Personally I like Moon Beam better. I get more use out of it.

on 10/15/2008 10:13:00 PM

This is a fantastic all purpose highlighter. A little goes a long way for sure. The only downside might be that it does have a tendency to fade quicker on oilier skin tones and also, it works better when blended right away, otherwise it can get kind of streaky. Otherwise, it's a wonderful pink toned shade for lighter skin tones and gives a high-power glow!

Great as a highlighter or to acheive that "dewy" look. Love Love Love. ;)

Great highlighter! My fave. Great for that healthy glow. This little bottle can lift your cheekbones, make your eyes stand out, make your nose look thinner, emphasise your cupid's bow... a little miracle in a (slightly-too-expensive-but-worth-it) bottle! It's very easy to apply (has a nail varnish type applicator) and stays put all day (and night!)

on 10/5/2008 6:12:00 PM

At a special makeover event, a BeneFit SA applied this on my cheekbones, inner corner of my eyes, and my cupid's bow. Wow! This highlighter works way better than a regular eyeshadow or powder highlighter. It's reflective enough to give me a glowy, ethereal look without being glittery. I had previously been using MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Glissade, but the glitter was getting to me. This product is the perfect consistency-liquidy enough to blend well, but not too watery. I think the packaging is cute, and I think the brush makes it easier to apply. The price is a bit high, but there's so much product that it will last for ages. I'm definitely going to be using this every day!

on 10/4/2008 2:54:00 PM

How did I live for so long without this product? LOVE IT. Very easy to apply, will absolutely buy again.

on 9/30/2008 5:37:00 PM

I love this product because it lasts forever and doesn't have me going back to the cosmetic counter all the time to get it, one of the many evils of the capitalistic cosmetic industry! So I really appreciate this in that it saves me time and money. Its another wonderful invention by Benefit, a name I'm starting to trust. Its so light when applied and you dont feel that its on which is very important to me, it provides a dewy glow to the face and can be mixed with foundation for the J. Lo impeccable look. I like to apply this in the corner of my eyes, browbone and cheekbones. I'm very please with this product and highly recommend it. :)

on 9/21/2008 10:34:00 PM

I love High Beam!
It is the perfect highlighter. It looks very pretty & natural.
The bottle lasts forever!

on 9/20/2008 11:17:00 AM

I love this product so much! This is the most beautiful highlighter for pale skin. I used this for prom and the pictures came out AMAZINGG. It makes you look like an angel, i swear by it! I apply it right on my cheek bones and under my brow bone, making a "C" on the side of my face. Be sure to blend very well, this product is not completely seamless. If you ever feel pasty, this will make you feel like a porcelain doll.

Video Reviews & Tutorials