BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 12/28/2008 9:55:00 AM

Gives my skin a gorgeous, luminous glow! Really brings out the cheekbones and emphasizes the areas I want :-) Is a gorgeous subtle pink, which looks great on my fair/medium skintone! One bottle will last AGES!

on 12/28/2008 2:37:00 AM

Gives the perfect glow.
Everyone asks me about my skin when I have this on!

on 12/27/2008 2:35:00 PM

I think, like a lot of Benefit products, the popularity of this product says more about the cutesy marketing than the actual quality.

I'm sure it's great if you have very young, pore-free skin, but I'm 31 and have a few large pores and fine lines on my cheeks. This product makes them seem 10X larger and is totally unflattering; the effect is almost grotesque, even used in tiny amounts.

To be honest, I paid 15.50 for this and think it was worth a few pounds at the most. I also bought a shimmery pink highlighting powder from my local supermarket for 99p and much prefer the effect it gives to my cheekbones. Supermodel in a bottle? I think not!

on 12/22/2008 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product it is perfect for a godess like glow for a night out. I also bought this in the realness of concealers kit so it came in a perfect handbag sized bottle.

on 12/21/2008 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

There is really nothing negative I can say about this highlighter. It is lightweight and easy to blend. I use it on the bridge of my nose and under the brow bone and it looks awesome. I sometimes mix a tiny amount with my tinted moisturizer to get an all over glow. Because such a small amount is needed this lasts forever.

on 12/19/2008 7:51:00 PM

I really like this product, I believe that it is best on fair skin with a rosey undertone, but will work with all skin types.

on 12/19/2008 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love it!!!
-A tiny bit goes a long way
-I can mix it with my Benetint to make a pink dewy blusher
-Really catches your eye
-Looks great applied over your eyelid to make a natural shimmery eyeshadow

on 12/18/2008 12:32:00 AM

This is WAY too shimmery/metallic for my taste. The formula itself is very thick/goopy, and the nail-polish applicator doesn't really help in thinning it out to put on your face. It just looks extremely unnatural and metallic/shiny on my fair skin.

on 12/18/2008 12:19:00 AM

I love love love High Beam. I have a full size bottle I keep at home, and also a little mini one that I got in the Valley of the Stars set that I tote around with me in my purse.

I am a NC35/C3 depending on how much sun I've gotten. This highlighter works really well with my skin tone. I feel that the Moon Beam doesn't quite have enough contrast with my skin tone (weird I know, but I like having silvery/pink shades against my skin with everything from shoes to jewelry to make my tan pop or give my complexion a little oomph). It's super easy to use and not so liquidy that you have to worry about spills. I use it on my brow bones, my cheekbones, and my collar bones. Sometimes I swipe it down my shins if I'm wearing a dress. I also put a dab of it on my cupid's bow.

Of course, for just a day to day look I might just put it on my brow bones and a dab on my cheekbones. Shimmer doesn't always translate to the office environment. Sadly. I love this highlighter for the glow it gives me, very different from a powder highlighter.

on 12/6/2008 1:17:00 PM

i would buy again with a qualification. had i not read on here about dilluting it with cream or foundation, i would not have re-purchased. in full force, it lives up to it's name: like being blinded by headlights; not at all natural looking on me (i applied very sparingly, and with a brush, and then blended more with a sponge. now, i mix it with my spf day cream, and i love it! just a little dab does it - it still gives a great natural glow.

Video Reviews & Tutorials