MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 1/6/2009 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Before Painterly, I just used my concealer to even out my lid. But now I use painter + UDPP to keep eyeshadow in place and as for a base for an even skin color on my eyelid. I really like it, even though I was not used to how sticky and matte it felt on my eyelid, but it does a good job at making the shadows pop and staying put! I really like this product because I have oily lids and the stickiness of painterly helps my shadows adhere better to my lid. I think it lives up to the hype!

on 1/2/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

not really impressed. i dont like the color for me and it's too thick.

on 1/2/2009 7:09:00 PM

Absolute must have. Matte flesh toned color, slightly pinkish (but my eye lids are like that so - prefect). At first formula was quite drying, but after 2-3 times applying (finger) it turned more creamy. I do not how I lived without this one. Perfect color for my skin tone (NC25). Makes every eye shadow more vibrant, more true to itís color. My eye shadow last all day. Must have. Repurchase it, over, over and over again.

on 1/2/2009 3:14:00 AM

I use this everyday and by far 100% better then udpp - its creamy stays on all day dosent dry or flake off like other primers from other companys :) its perfect.

on 1/1/2009 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Ewwww. Totally disgusting and thick as a base. I will just stick to my UDPP. This is getting returned with a quickness.

on 1/1/2009 5:10:00 PM

I must say that I am somewhat disappointed with this product. I purchased it in Painterly, to match my skin tone according to the ma, and it definately does not. It's too dark to use under a wash color for a natural look and it actually seems to mute the colors a bit. I might try it again with wet pigments and see what happens...but as of right now I would recommend UDPP over Mac's paint pots anyday. Another product that works wonders as a base is Mac's cream color base...just make sure you use one of the ones that are safe for the eyes.

on 12/31/2008 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product did nothing for me. I would rather use bare canvas paint. It works better imo. Also select cover up acts better than this as well for an e/s primer. UDPP also a better alternative. It's just mediocre, and for MAC that's pretty disappointing!

on 12/31/2008 10:19:00 PM

I may be the only moron that doesn't like this product. I felt it was very drying on the lids, and the texture I wasn't too thrilled with either. The price was OKAY but whenever DH saw the size of the pot, he wanted to gag! "almost 20$ for that THING?" He doesn't understand but after using this product, I may have to say the same. Maybe I have to give it a few more tries, but I didn't see much of a change from using a paint pot versus any kind of primer or liquid shadow.

on 12/31/2008 12:07:00 AM

I asked a make-up artist at MAC to show me their paint pots, and I was stunned when she painted Painterly straight -over- the eye makeup I was wearing. I couldn't even tell I had been wearing eye-shadow at all! It stayed smooth and soft with a nice, somewhat powdery texture, and it really keeps my eye-shadow from creasing, even during a dance performance. It took me a few tries to get the hang of pat-pat-patting it on, but now I can do it like a pro.

on 12/30/2008 3:26:00 AM

I really love the concept here: a product that acts as a primer for the eyelid to make eyeshadow stay longer and remain true to colour....BUT.....my eyelids ended up red and burning. I NEVER react to eye products, so this was unusual. Needless to say, I am returning it and would not buy it again. Such a shame :(

Top Rated MAC Products