July 22, 2014 | 2026 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

GOOD
- good color selection
- easy to blend into skin
- controls oily skin well
- light coverage
- good for senstive/acne skin types --> doesn't seem to plog pores

BAD
- terrible for any dry skin --> accentuates it terribly
- slightly drying --> adds to previous problem

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

At first, I bought the hype. I really did think this product was great, but I think I was just saying that because everyone else loved it. That was back in October when I was still relativley new to makeup.
Now that Im smart enough to actually give my own oppinon towards a product, Ive finally come to terms that this product isnt as amazing as everyone has emphasized.
YES, this takes away the oil *For The Moment* but within two hours, my forehead and and T Zone has gone back to where it was two hours before. Its not that bad at first, but as the days wears on, I get more oiler and oiler. And as a highschool student, I dont really like to touch up on my powder mainly because i dont think Im solving my problem by just caking on foundation to make my face look less shiny. And I dont wear liquid because i just think thats too heavy, so i mainly rely on this, and unfortuantley, it doesnt reach my expectations. And I think this has been breaking out my forehead and T zone as well, for Ive been getting a few bumps here and there ever since applying this everyday.
BUT I do like the texture of this powder and how soft and airy it is. But through the course of the day, I feel like my face is just uncomfortable :/
And for girls who get oily like I do (and are in highschool) This may sound like a REALLY weird tip, but if your bathroom has toilet seat covers, just take one and blot your face with it, it really does remove a lot of oil- free of charge! Haha, I hope this helped you out ladies :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Seaweedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am overall not impressed by this powder. It accentuates flakes soo bad and is very drying on my skin. When I wash it off my skin is red and irritated, even though I do have oil to combat. It does look good on areas that don't have flakes and does combat shine but it gives me a rash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by blackmetalmist

This is my HG powder ! I bought this powder at my local swapmeet for $3 bucks (sealed of course) due to the many high reviews it has recieved here. I use this as a finishing powder on top of my MAC studio fix fluid and the result is so smooth and flawless. It does not settle into pores and does not look cakey. I use a kabuki brush to buff this on and it definitely controls my oily skin. I will be buying this (at my swapmeet of course) when i run out. Oh and it does not clog pores at all or cause any breakouts as i am very acne prone.

Reference , i am NC 37-40 and i use Latte (Dark 0-1)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by sweetnsourstuff

How i see it is, no matter what powder I use, my skin will get shiny in a couple hours anyways. So might as well purchase a powder that you can layer throughout the day that doesn't cake. This does the job and feels amazing. It's so smooth and lightweight, while looking natural. I carry this one around with me. Will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by lavalon

Absolute matte perfection! After reading the reviews here on MUA, I decided to give it a go. I got to the shop and didn't know which shade to get, and unfortunately they didn't have any testers to try out... Having gone too light with powder in the past, I went for "Sand" (Medium 0-1) and it turns out that's just the shade for a slightly suntanned cool fair skin like mine.
It's wonderful! The texture is the best I've come across and it basically just perfects my skin. I have rosy cheeks that I like to tone down a bit, but unfortunately when I use "medium coverage" foundation of any type that covers up the rosiness, I end up looking a bit artificial. But this stuff is just great because it tones down the rosiness, but leaves enough to show through for a "healthy" look. I also experimented with this by building it up a bit and it still looked natural and gave a more flawless finish.
This is the powder I reach for when I've got 5 minutes max to do my make up. (For a dewy finish and when I've got more time I use Revlon Age Defying Spa in Light Medium).

I' highly recommend it to anyone who likes powder compacts for a matte effect - oh, and it feels great on, like it's barely there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by SekaBerry

Do you want a mild light coverage? How about a nice matte finish for your combination, oily, or normal skin? Don't want to spend a fortune at MAC for their blotting powder? Well this IS the product for you! To put it simply, this product does what every foundation, powder, and even lightly tinted moisturizers couldn't do for me: it allowed me to have light, breathable coverage with NO BREAKOUTS! I have applied it with both the given powder puff as well as with an airbrush brush from QVS. I must say my favorite is the brush because it allows for an even, airy application but I am in no objection to using the puff!

I highly recommend this product, I've been using it for over a month now and it's a MUST!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by StayC

This face powder is the one i have stayed with the longest. It took me a while to find my exact shade since the store didn't have testers. I wear Beige/Medium 2-2.5.

I like it because it gives me a natural look. I do not wear foundation or much makeup at all so i will stick with this as long as its available.
At touch up time, i use a cotton pad and reapply and am looking matte again.

Dislike: The puff does not last. By my fourth use it splits in half.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Narsluv328

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this powder was good based on the fact that it is a drugstore brand product. I thought it matifyied my skin since its very oily I thought it took the shine away pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by yessika29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just Love this powder....enough to be on my second one...for the first time I hit pan on a powder and this was the one. I have sensitive skin where certain ingridients in makeup products would make me break out but this powder being Oil Free does not clog my pores and it goes on very smooth, It has great coverage, is not chuncky at all or cake like. And the color I use matches my skin perfect. Also does not turns orange AT ALL. I am for reference NC 25-30/ with yellow undertones from MAC and I use Sand Medium 01 Color. The only thing I am not to keen about this product is the packaging when I go open the powder the bottom tends to open at the same time annoying me. But I would most Deff. Repurchase.