September 2, 2014 | 953 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by VickyNguyen

I'm new to make up and this was light and not cake-y at all. Love it. The shimmers did not bother me. I don't wear it over a long period of time. This stuff is great for teens and it's cheap comparable to the high end brands of course.

Give it a try, I loved it.

True the swivel for the mirror is strange but it definitely caught my eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Joobz2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I use it over my tinted moisturiser and it gives the perfect amount of coverage. The thing I wish they'd improve is the packaging and the puff provided. The case that it is in is a bit awkward to use with the lid flipping upwards and the mirror sliding outwards, it makes it a bit difficult to hold, being the clutz that I am. Also the puff that is supplied is really dodgy and would fall apart after a couple of uses.
But overall it is really good at mattifying and has stays on really well. I would totally recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by joeynwon

I've always shied away from using powders, foundation, or even concealer on my skin. I just find it all to be too heavy-feeling, as if I'm wearing a mask - but not so with this powder. I'm so amazed at how light it feels against my skin and the nice smooth finish it leaves behind. I use a fairly light hand in applying it, but it still does the job. I'm impressed with it.
One drawback is that it comes with a really puny round powder pouf. That's easily rectified by my E.L.F. Studio flat top, which works great at applying this powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by loveme4lyfe

this product was a disappointment for me...this is simply a finishing powder! which i guess is my fault i was hoping for pressed powder foundation but i figure this would give some coverage but it really doesnt! it's almost translucent...great if that's what you're looking for...i got this in medium 2-2.5 for reference i'm a nc35 it was too light for me

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

GOOD
- good color selection
- easy to blend into skin
- controls oily skin well
- light coverage
- good for senstive/acne skin types --> doesn't seem to plog pores

BAD
- terrible for any dry skin --> accentuates it terribly
- slightly drying --> adds to previous problem

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

At first, I bought the hype. I really did think this product was great, but I think I was just saying that because everyone else loved it. That was back in October when I was still relativley new to makeup.
Now that Im smart enough to actually give my own oppinon towards a product, Ive finally come to terms that this product isnt as amazing as everyone has emphasized.
YES, this takes away the oil *For The Moment* but within two hours, my forehead and and T Zone has gone back to where it was two hours before. Its not that bad at first, but as the days wears on, I get more oiler and oiler. And as a highschool student, I dont really like to touch up on my powder mainly because i dont think Im solving my problem by just caking on foundation to make my face look less shiny. And I dont wear liquid because i just think thats too heavy, so i mainly rely on this, and unfortuantley, it doesnt reach my expectations. And I think this has been breaking out my forehead and T zone as well, for Ive been getting a few bumps here and there ever since applying this everyday.
BUT I do like the texture of this powder and how soft and airy it is. But through the course of the day, I feel like my face is just uncomfortable :/
And for girls who get oily like I do (and are in highschool) This may sound like a REALLY weird tip, but if your bathroom has toilet seat covers, just take one and blot your face with it, it really does remove a lot of oil- free of charge! Haha, I hope this helped you out ladies :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Seaweedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am overall not impressed by this powder. It accentuates flakes soo bad and is very drying on my skin. When I wash it off my skin is red and irritated, even though I do have oil to combat. It does look good on areas that don't have flakes and does combat shine but it gives me a rash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by blackmetalmist

This is my HG powder ! I bought this powder at my local swapmeet for $3 bucks (sealed of course) due to the many high reviews it has recieved here. I use this as a finishing powder on top of my MAC studio fix fluid and the result is so smooth and flawless. It does not settle into pores and does not look cakey. I use a kabuki brush to buff this on and it definitely controls my oily skin. I will be buying this (at my swapmeet of course) when i run out. Oh and it does not clog pores at all or cause any breakouts as i am very acne prone.

Reference , i am NC 37-40 and i use Latte (Dark 0-1)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by sweetnsourstuff

How i see it is, no matter what powder I use, my skin will get shiny in a couple hours anyways. So might as well purchase a powder that you can layer throughout the day that doesn't cake. This does the job and feels amazing. It's so smooth and lightweight, while looking natural. I carry this one around with me. Will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by lavalon

Absolute matte perfection! After reading the reviews here on MUA, I decided to give it a go. I got to the shop and didn't know which shade to get, and unfortunately they didn't have any testers to try out... Having gone too light with powder in the past, I went for "Sand" (Medium 0-1) and it turns out that's just the shade for a slightly suntanned cool fair skin like mine.
It's wonderful! The texture is the best I've come across and it basically just perfects my skin. I have rosy cheeks that I like to tone down a bit, but unfortunately when I use "medium coverage" foundation of any type that covers up the rosiness, I end up looking a bit artificial. But this stuff is just great because it tones down the rosiness, but leaves enough to show through for a "healthy" look. I also experimented with this by building it up a bit and it still looked natural and gave a more flawless finish.
This is the powder I reach for when I've got 5 minutes max to do my make up. (For a dewy finish and when I've got more time I use Revlon Age Defying Spa in Light Medium).

I' highly recommend it to anyone who likes powder compacts for a matte effect - oh, and it feels great on, like it's barely there.