MAC Studio Tech

3.5

WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED; TRIMETHYLOLPROPANE TRIOCTANOATE; CYCLOMETHICONE; ISOHEXADECANE; CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE; POLYGLYCERYL-6 DISTEARATE; MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA); GLYCERIN; SILICA; BUTYLENE GLYCOL; ISONONYL ISONONANOATE; TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN; EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX; BEESWAX (CERA ALBA); TOCOPHEROL; SQUALANE; LECITHIN ASCORBYL PALMITATE; POTASSIUM SORBATE; PROPYLENE CARBONATE; POLYETHYLENE; DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER; TRIISOSTEARIN; STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE; PEG-5 SOYA STEROL; SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE; POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE; SODIUM CHLORIDE; HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL; CITRIC ACID; HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL; MICA; TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891); IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499); ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007); CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289); CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288); ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947) (11/2008)

on 10/23/2002 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really love this foundation. It goes smoothly on my combination skin with MAC's foundation brush. The color is perfect (they have so many choices) and it lasts all day. It doesn't dry me out or make me break out. RAVE!

on 10/9/2002 10:56:00 AM

I absolutely love the studitech. The coverage and blendability is great! I only wish that there was more product in the compact because it gets finished pretty quickly if you use the sponge. I highly recommend using the brush for less waste!

on 10/1/2002 8:02:00 PM

This is an edited review for studiotech, April 26/03. For some reason this looks totally greasy on me now. I don't know if I am hormonal right now and more oily or what, but I don't think I will buy this again on second thought.

on 9/28/2002 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

No luck with this one. When the MA put it on at the counter I looked absolutely flawless. Although I think she may have put a bit too much on as I had to smooth out the extra foundation on my face. Well, I went to the movies after that and went home. Looked in the mirror and the foundation had started to cake up and was blotchy all over my face. Plus it made my pores look HUGE! Will be exchanging this for perhaps the hyper real foundation or the satin liquid. I just don't have much luck with cream foundations. *sigh* as I really wanted this to work for me.

this foundation is great for me! at first i didnt like it but then i started to after i figured how to use it. its probably the best foundation i have ever used so far, im still trying to find the perfect foundation for me but so far studio tech is great. the only down side for me is the fact that it runs out quickly. they have to make a way where they could put more product in the packaging so it doesnt run out so fast.

on 8/9/2002 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This didn't really stay put too well. My biggest thing is just that I don't like compact foundations because 1)they don't seem to give as much proudct as a bottle or tube and I run out so quickly and 2) with the convenience of a compact, I use it to touch up during the day yet I feel like that contaminates the remaining product if you are applying foundation to skin that has oil and dirt on it. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the product did a good job of staying put in the first place. I started to break out from this after about 2 weeks and I could see the bottom of the pan, so I discontinued use. I love most other MAC products though, so I can take a miss on this one.

on 8/8/2002 4:35:00 PM

This looked good on but broke me out terribly, so I took it right back. It would probably be good though for someone who's not blemish prone -- certainly not me.

on 7/19/2002 7:24:00 PM

After trying Stuido Fix, which i thought was too dry, the MA tried studio tech on me. NC20 on slightly oily skin... and since i was in a hurry, and i knew i could return it if i didn't like it, she applied it, and without letting it set, i bought it and rushed out the door. Well, first of all, she applied it very poorly, undertrained maybed? i don't know, but it looked terrible on me. however, i took the sponge out and smoothed it around, and it still looked very caked on and very unsettled. my pores looked huge and my face felt so much more oily than before. so far, of these two mac products have not impressed me at all.

update - this still is the same, tried it again and just never looked right. continued >>

on 7/12/2002 9:22:00 AM

I bought this product right after it comes out. I love the texture and how it feels on my skin. It looks so natural and good for the summer weather. When I fist use it, I apply it with a sponge after a week..boy..it's gone down very fast..I think sponge is not the best way to apply this foundation. You will waster a lot of product. I now use foundation brush from perscriptive. All in all, I am impressed and will buy it again..

on 7/8/2002 11:30:00 PM

This is so far the best foundation I've ever used. The coverage can go from light to medium and it doesn't cake on my normal to dry skin. I also like the fresh feeling I get each time I apply it. I've been using it for about 3 months now and haven't experienced any breakouts.