April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2002 3:38:00 PM More reviews by princesssaya1

this foundation is great for me! at first i didnt like it but then i started to after i figured how to use it. its probably the best foundation i have ever used so far, im still trying to find the perfect foundation for me but so far studio tech is great. the only down side for me is the fact that it runs out quickly. they have to make a way where they could put more product in the packaging so it doesnt run out so fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2002 10:03:00 AM More reviews by aries7426

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This didn't really stay put too well. My biggest thing is just that I don't like compact foundations because 1)they don't seem to give as much proudct as a bottle or tube and I run out so quickly and 2) with the convenience of a compact, I use it to touch up during the day yet I feel like that contaminates the remaining product if you are applying foundation to skin that has oil and dirt on it. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the product did a good job of staying put in the first place. I started to break out from this after about 2 weeks and I could see the bottom of the pan, so I discontinued use. I love most other MAC products though, so I can take a miss on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2002 4:35:00 PM More reviews by mistar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This looked good on but broke me out terribly, so I took it right back. It would probably be good though for someone who's not blemish prone -- certainly not me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2002 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

After trying Stuido Fix, which i thought was too dry, the MA tried studio tech on me. NC20 on slightly oily skin... and since i was in a hurry, and i knew i could return it if i didn't like it, she applied it, and without letting it set, i bought it and rushed out the door. Well, first of all, she applied it very poorly, undertrained maybed? i don't know, but it looked terrible on me. however, i took the sponge out and smoothed it around, and it still looked very caked on and very unsettled. my pores looked huge and my face felt so much more oily than before. so far, of these two mac products have not impressed me at all.

update - this still is the same, tried it again and just never looked right. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2002 9:22:00 AM More reviews by witchuda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product right after it comes out. I love the texture and how it feels on my skin. It looks so natural and good for the summer weather. When I fist use it, I apply it with a sponge after a week..boy..it's gone down very fast..I think sponge is not the best way to apply this foundation. You will waster a lot of product. I now use foundation brush from perscriptive. All in all, I am impressed and will buy it again..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2002 11:30:00 PM More reviews by lilou

This is so far the best foundation I've ever used. The coverage can go from light to medium and it doesn't cake on my normal to dry skin. I also like the fresh feeling I get each time I apply it. I've been using it for about 3 months now and haven't experienced any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2002 4:01:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

I can't decide which I like better -- the Studio Tech or MAC Sheer Coverage. Studio Tech feels so nice going on -- cool and smooth. It provides good coverage and "last-ability". Others have reported break-outs, but I did not have this problem at all, and I am prone to break-outs sometimes (though not a big problem). The only problem I encountered with Studio Tech, which may be my own fault, is that I went through too much product too fast. LOL! Perhaps I'm using too much or it is absorbing into the sponge (???). I run between an NC15 and NC20, and got NC15 since it had been reported that lighter shades work better with Studio Tech. It was a good match, but when I buy it again, I think I'll try the NC20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2002 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Bernadette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a little hesitant to buy this, only because I was afraid it would be more like a powder which is not what I wanted. Well, it's completely true to its word: cream to powder. When I opened it up, there were actual drops of moisture on it! I was so happy when I put it on - it was extremely creamy and smooth, and not at all dry (good for me, because I have dry skin). I love the color too, I got it a few shades darker than I am to enhance my tan, and it blends beautifully. I was all set to feel guilty about spending $26, but that feeling quickly went away...I will definitely keep buying this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2002 4:02:00 PM More reviews by paintedragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I test drove this product for 3 months and I still adore it. I have average skin that will use any excuse to form a pimple. Studio Tech does not make me break out, even before my period.

The texture is creamy and it spreads easily with a brush and fingers. (I prefer using a brush to the sponge provided b/c I use a lot less product that way and have more control.) I can manipulate it for medium through sheer coverage and it hides the ruddy spots on face extremely well.
It dries down to a natural skin look satin finish. Doesn't transfer, feels light and wears all day, no need to powder over it.
Until now, I had given up on any non-powder foundations b/c it seemded moister foundations always settled into my expression lines, making me look about 15 years older in 30 minutes or less. Not so with Studio Tech, it stays put.
I still use Studio Fix on days when I want a very matte look, or times when I know I'll be sweating profusely - working in the sun, dancing, etc.
I have already repurchased Studio Tech to adjust for a tan. Great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2002 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Judith

After reading so much positive reviews on this site I couldn't wait to make the 2 hours drive to the MAC store.
The make up artist put studio fix in NW15 on my face. Perfect shade for my pale skin!
I liked the foundation and bought it immediately. However, after 10 minutes the makeup clogged in my pores. Horrible!
I went back and got my money back...

So disappointed that it doesn't work for me!