February 1, 2015 | 1613 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils High Definition Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by kobemax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am actually shocked that this product only gets 57% for the "will buy again" category. This is the best mascara available today bar none, and I have tried many only to keep returning to this one. Long, Long lashes, good thickness but not so much that your lashes look overdone. For those people who say it smudges, I wonder if they are wearing lots of moisturizer without using concealer or putting eyeshadow on. Any mascara will smudge if it comes into direct contact with moisturizer. For a polished face, but a no-makeup look, I apply concealer over upper eyelid and under the eye, after anti-oxidant serum and moisturizing sunscreen (and I really pile it on as the skin in my eye area is very dry). After I use MAC Select Sheer loose powder on the rest of my face, sweep the brush lightly over the eye area - at this point there is almost no powder on the brush but this does seem to "set" the concealer. Then apply mascara. NO smudging ever. Actually, even if I don't do all this the mascara never smudges. In years past, Maybelline made "Illegal Lengths", which was even a better mascara, for 1/3 the price. Then the parent company of Lancome bought Maybelline, and shortly after the formula definately changed for the worse, now I think they have discontinued this name altogether. I think they did not want this product competing with Definicils. Also, Cover Girl made one called "Thick Lash II", amazing long lashes, I think they may still have one called Thick Lash but the formula is not the same. The only complaint I have is that Definicils is very expensive at $27 Canadian, but worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Galaxygirl13

This is the only high end mascara I've owned, so I really don't have much to compare it with, but I actually really liked this mascara because it didn't seem to clump too much on my lashes and it looked very natural, but was still noticeable and made my lashes look lengthy. Mine has dried up and I think I might get another one because it's not too fake looking like many other mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by litaa

I don't understand why people are saying this is smudging...?! This product doesn't smudge, and my lashes were unaffected when I splashed my face with water. With this mascara you can very easily curl your lashes just by twirling over the lashes a little bit, and lengthten them. The result-beautiful eyelashes, I'd recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by tstarr92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I dont get how its possible not to LOVE this.I just got this in smaple size and its my new hg. I thought badgal was the best but this blows it out of the water.
Long,thick, soft lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2006 11:58:00 PM More reviews by LizLizLiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely gorgeous for the hour it stayed on. Then it turned into two giant black half-moons under my eyes--not just a little smudge, a meltdown. Unacceptable for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2006 5:10:00 PM More reviews by c8Iin

Nice mascara. Gives very slight, subtle, casual definition with one coat. Two coats is better for length. I got this free with a sample bottle of Bifacils, so I can't comment on the price, but I do know it's about $17.50 where I am. It's very nice stuff, my favorite mascara from Lancome. It doesn't clump a whole lot, but there are a few every now and then. I like this stuff very much.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2006 1:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetie1974

I bought this product because the girl at the make up counter told me it was their best selling top sell mascara, my lashes have a natural curl and medium legnth. I was very dissapointed it was clumpy and did not legnthn or seperate my lashes. And most of all it is soo hard to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 1:26:00 PM More reviews by 9england9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given this GWP version by my step-mother. I have very long, dark lashes, so I don't put much emphasis on finding the right mascara -- I never like to spend a lot of money on it, sometimes I don't even wear it. However, as I'm getting older, I'm finding my eyes need the extra "oomph" that mascara gives. I have to say, this mascara is the best I've ever used. Doesn't bother my contacts, makes my lashes look long and really, really natural. It's true -- I'm starting from lashes that don't need a lot of help, but still this is the best mascara I've tried. I would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 1:02:00 AM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this as a sample in those gift bags. It did length and define my short asian eyelashes. I saw a BIT of curl but not much. It does get a bit clumpy if you put on too much. This is not too bad but I perfer Hypnose.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2006 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Powder_Puff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so dissapointed this didn't work for me. Definicils is the perfect name for this mascara because it definitely defines your lashes. It gave a natural and beautifully seperated lashes. Now the downside is that my lashes looked great for literally two minutes, cause they went limp right after and I lost my curl. (I used the shiseido mascara base too) Very strange