Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

I have tried so many mascaras and this one seems to be one of the best. It does everything I want my mascara to do. I usually get this at a GWP because personally I would not buy it for $22. The only problems that I have with it is that it looks really dark on my lashes but that's only because I already have dark lashes to begin with. Also I have to do a lot to set a curl on my lashes so I wish that I didn't have to curl my lashes again for 5 seconds (so bad to my lashes) after I apply the mascara. It kind of cakes if you apply too much. Aside from that this is a nice product.

on 7/2/2006 11:48:00 PM

This definitely wasn't anything special. I received the GWP version in a swap, just to try it out. I don't know if the brush is the same in the full version, but if it is, then that sucks royally. The brush is really standard, and looks like spiders legs to begin with, so what kind of results would I expect? I could have reproduced the look with a bargain bin mascara. Not worth it.

on 7/2/2006 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this product, have been using it for years. Don't have problems with clumps. Have tried several other mascaras from Wal-Mart and didn't find anything even close. It is expensive, but I don't wear make-up everyday so a tube will last me a year... I always get my Lancome during bonus time...

It works well and does what it was suppossed to. My lashes don't look spidery and they look a little longer with some volume, but this isn't the look I am going for. I got this as a GWP. It works well under Hypnose. Long, thick lashes.=) The looks is similar to Urban Decay's Skyscraper which I prefer because it is easier to work with and a little cheaper for the same look.

on 6/28/2006 8:45:00 PM

I agree, this mascara is kind of boring...but...that's why I always go back to it! It doesn't flake, smudge, irritate my eyes, or clump yet is easily removed. It doesn't really volumize or curl, just darkens beautifully and adds a little length. A homerun for contact-wearers or those with sensitive eyes.

on 6/28/2006 2:14:00 PM

This is the 2nd time I got this as a sample-and I'm not impressed w/ this. It's not bad, it's just boring-doesn't do anything special(for the expensive price, I would expect something "special")...so-it's a decent free sample gift but I would not purchase thise-I'll stick w/ my Fatale or YSL.

on 6/28/2006 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really thought this would be great. I wanted it to be, after hearing everyone rave that it was their HG mascara. It didn't do anything special for my lashes, and it smudged under my eyes (the waterproof version). BOO! I won't buy again.

on 6/27/2006 4:06:00 AM

Worst mascara. It does not volumize or make my lashes longer, it does not really define, it only flakes after one hour. And it is really expensive.

on 6/26/2006 12:28:00 AM

This is a great product. It doesn't leave my lashes looking cakey or feeling crusty. They stay very natural. I do agree with someone else, though, that it goes on a bit thick ---you have to mess with it a little. (I use a needle to separate lashes.) Usually, once the tube starts emptying out some it's easier to get the brush less wetted when you apply, so no points off for that. It doesn't "chip off" during the day like some mascaras do!

on 6/23/2006 6:59:00 PM

I've tried MANY MANY mascaras, because somehow I always get roped into buying the new ones that come on the market that claim to give you that fake eyelash look. But they're all so SO disappointing compared to Deficinils. None have ever come close to this mascara. I have pretty long, semi dark lashes, & this mascara elongates them soo much. When I apply it really well, I can get my lashes to curl & touch right below my eyebrow. My only two pet peeves with this is that A. it tends to dry out quickly, & when it does get old it will clump up a bit. & B. the price. But it's well worth it for me, considering mascara is sometimes the only makeup product I'll wear. If you're looking for a mascara that is going to give you beautiful LONG lashes - look no further!