April 16, 2014 | 1053 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 11:40:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

101 Porcelain:
I would give this TEN lippies if I could. It matches perfectly my skin color, which is no small feat...(very pale olive with yellow undertones).

The powder goes on very smooth, is very fine milled, not heavy or cakey, yet the coverage is medium to heavy. I watched all my skin imperfections disappear before my eyes! Recently I went to a wedding and started to sweat profusely. I patted dry my face and the rest of my make up stayed on!! Container opens easily and stays shut very well. Although I am grateful to Rimmel for including a mirror and a nice sponge applicator, I wish the compact was a tiny bit smaller. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2005 4:42:00 PM More reviews by suedeskin

I bought the color "sand 002" which is actually pretty dark/orangey. I found that my super oily skin became oily again after about an hour or two, so it actually was not that matte for my skin. However, the price is great and I like the packaging. I would probably not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2005 2:14:00 AM More reviews by cstar_1

I loved this product! It keeps my super oily skin matte for hours. I have super pale skin and no other brand has the right color in a matte powder, so this was a fantastic find.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2005 5:21:00 PM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay the packaging does stink on this stuff, but the powder itself I love. Goes on smooth and keeps the oilies away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 3:29:00 AM More reviews by lwhitener

Unbelievable value for the money. Fine-milled, never chalky. You have to supply your own powder puff, but I usually end up doing that anyway since so many powders include those crappy sponge applicators. (Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer velour. Admittedly, you can't wash them like a sponge, but they're dirt cheap, so replacing them is no big deal.) Anyway, this face powder is wonderful and a terrific bargain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2005 6:03:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lets talk product within the cheap container. ITS AWSOME. Is good for OILY faces. no puff, no mirror, packaging sucks and is cheap. Shame on those of us who are still using the sponges, applicators and relying on small minor details. The fact still remains that if you are or need to be a DIVA and pay too much for your cosmetics than do it and be proud but if your looking for a no frills product that does what it claims, then here it is for $3.00. I use what I save on other stuff that matters like concealer or eye creme.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2005 9:03:00 PM More reviews by LedStripes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this in Transparent. all other powders are just too dry and powdery.
i just used a blush-sized-brush over my foundation and it works great. i can see why anyone with dark skin might not like it. Im just very pale, and this controls shine very well. I tried covergirls- trublend powder, sonia kashuk-dual coverage powder foundation, and Clarins-Face powder(35$) ALL were much too powdery for me.
If you are looking for the silky powder that actually shows on your face, then Clarins was the best. But for a just a clean, not cakey, matte finish ill stick with Rimmel.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2005 4:24:00 AM More reviews by naan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i'm just using this powder, it's O.K and cheap! even though it's not perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by riotingpacifist

I don't even bother with makeup on humid days, which is basically every summer day around here (Long Island). But one dusting of this powder in the morning on top of my moisturizer soaks up the oil and shine from my face, leaving me matte (but not unnaturally so) all day. However, on days where it's drier, it tends to look cakey (even with only 1 application), so I only use this when I have to haul out the big guns. The color is very accomodating, it doesn't come in many shades but they work on a variety of skins. But you HAVE to use your own brush, I use the little brush from L'oreal Blush Delice.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2005 8:12:00 AM More reviews by azn_hunni3_604

Ouch - what's with the odd burning and stinging and itching? At first I thought it was something else, but silly me, I realise a little later it's the powder. It made my skin red and all itchy and burning. Not pretty. The packaging isn't great either. I have sensitive asian acne-prone combo-oily skin. I wouldn't buy it again!