October 2, 2014 | 2004 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 5:34:00 AM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This may be labeled as one of the most popular fragrances out there, but I don't see why! I don't like the smell of this at all, smells like something my nana would use!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2003 2:58:00 AM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess I don't have a very sophisticated nose. I just don't see what is so great about this fragrance. It reminds me of my grandma's perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2003 7:21:00 PM More reviews by rubykris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this just goes to show how different noses can come to entirely different conclusions. Chanel #5 is a breath of fresh air (not typically said of "classics") in a day and age when most fragrances are formulated to be "fresh," which to my nose means sharp and acrid. #5 is the opposite: soft and round, clean in a totally non-antiseptic way -- to use musical language, a nice dose of bass in a scent world of too much treble.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2003 12:14:00 AM More reviews by brianx

No matter how classic it is, Chanel No. 5 is still the most putrid stench my nose has ever come across. It is overly powdery, smells very dated (1920s!), and the aldehydes don't help either. However, it's not as bad as Christian LaCroix's C'est La Vie...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by GrissomsGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gives me one whopping headache. Maybe this is what did Marilyn Monroe in. Haaaaappy Birrrrrthdaaay Mr. Preeesideeent,

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2003 1:19:00 PM More reviews by prsleanansidhe

Another classy fragrance that I just can't bring myself to wear. This one will also be going to my mother, whom it will smell fabulous on. A nice introduction to aldehydes as well, although I've discovered that my husband hates them. Que sirrah, sirrah.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 9:30:00 AM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Chanel's Coco, Coco Mademoiselle, and Allure... but #5... I'll never be caught wearing... it's strong... and brings to mind something "ancient"... LOL... I gave this to my grandma... I still dunno how she likes it though!!! haha... :D

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2003 9:16:00 PM More reviews by starbucksweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I sampled this today and the fragrance is very heavy and smells old ladyish. It reminds me of Oil of Olay, but really strong.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2003 2:55:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

Sorry Marilyn, Coco. This is one scent that has not stood the test of time. It may have been revolutionary in the Art Deco era, but now there are so many better scents out there. One plus: it didn't irritate my allergies, which is unusual. Other than that, the smell was just outdated and generic smelling. It's something I my grandmother wears- she has excellent taste and wouldn't be caught dead in polyester, and this smell fits her just right, but definitely not me! My husband sniffed my wrist and said. "Hmmm. Old people." That about sums it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2003 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Dallas15129

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never cared for this sent much (it smelled like baby wipes) untill my Great-Grandmother past away, she wore it every day since she was a girl. Now it's one of my favs. It's a very classic scent, soft, easy to wear. I feel classy when I wear it, like I should have a string of pearls around my neck and men grovling at my feet!