July 23, 2014 | 1663 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2003 12:14:00 AM More reviews by brianx

No matter how classic it is, Chanel No. 5 is still the most putrid stench my nose has ever come across. It is overly powdery, smells very dated (1920s!), and the aldehydes don't help either. However, it's not as bad as Christian LaCroix's C'est La Vie...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by GrissomsGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gives me one whopping headache. Maybe this is what did Marilyn Monroe in. Haaaaappy Birrrrrthdaaay Mr. Preeesideeent,

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2003 1:19:00 PM More reviews by prsleanansidhe

Another classy fragrance that I just can't bring myself to wear. This one will also be going to my mother, whom it will smell fabulous on. A nice introduction to aldehydes as well, although I've discovered that my husband hates them. Que sirrah, sirrah.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2003 9:30:00 AM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Chanel's Coco, Coco Mademoiselle, and Allure... but #5... I'll never be caught wearing... it's strong... and brings to mind something "ancient"... LOL... I gave this to my grandma... I still dunno how she likes it though!!! haha... :D

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2003 9:16:00 PM More reviews by starbucksweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I sampled this today and the fragrance is very heavy and smells old ladyish. It reminds me of Oil of Olay, but really strong.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2003 2:55:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

Sorry Marilyn, Coco. This is one scent that has not stood the test of time. It may have been revolutionary in the Art Deco era, but now there are so many better scents out there. One plus: it didn't irritate my allergies, which is unusual. Other than that, the smell was just outdated and generic smelling. It's something I my grandmother wears- she has excellent taste and wouldn't be caught dead in polyester, and this smell fits her just right, but definitely not me! My husband sniffed my wrist and said. "Hmmm. Old people." That about sums it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2003 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Dallas15129

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never cared for this sent much (it smelled like baby wipes) untill my Great-Grandmother past away, she wore it every day since she was a girl. Now it's one of my favs. It's a very classic scent, soft, easy to wear. I feel classy when I wear it, like I should have a string of pearls around my neck and men grovling at my feet!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2003 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Marian48

Love this scent. I've worn it forever...every summer...and never tire of it. It smells light and clean and fresh on my skin and never seems to irritate family members who have allergies to scents.....a true classic

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2003 9:18:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't get it. I don't know any old ladies who smell like this, but that's all I can think of when I smell this fragrance-- old and powdery (and I like powder). On my skin this is not very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2003 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lolly5377

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not my favorite, but it's classic and it is lovely. The strong aldehydes can make it offputting at first, but I think it wears well on many women. It makes a classy statement, and I'd rather have every woman out there wearing this instead of those boring, dull floral "favorites" like Happy, Beautiful, and Pleasures.