Chanel No.5

3.5

I don't wear No.5, but I love it. It's been my mother's scent forever, and when I'm missing her, I smell the testers at the dept store and it's like she's right there next to me. It's wonderful to associate such a classic scent with someone I love.

I agree with the last reviewer - this is a classic fragrance that should be in everyone's collection.

I love the classic packaging and scent of this perfume which is well.... a classic. Not as flowery or oriental as I usually prefer, but has rich notes of green, neroli, vetiver and other 1930s type scents. This fragrance always evokes memories and feelings, everyone has a Chanel No. 5 memory which brings them back in time. A very nice scent that I will wear for years to come.

I love this. It's so Marilyn Monroe. My Granny used to wear it in the 50s but, that hasn't stopped me it's flirthy and fun and wonderful if you're on a date and want to make a good impression. Dab some on your pulse points and enjoy the aroma :)

This is my favorite scent in the world! So soft, beautiful, romantic, glamorous..... I can totally live in this! But whenever my friends tell me that their moms wear it too, that just kills me. I don't want to smell like someone's mom! The problem is that this fragrance is way too popular.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

wow, I love this. Not old, dated, powdery or stuffy to me at all. It smells classy and perfect for any occasion.

I remember reading somewhere that Coco Chanel designed #5 to blend with and complement the smell of cigarette smoke because she was a chain smoker herself. Maybe that is the trick to making this scent smell nice, puff on a pak of smokes first.
This scent makes me want to throw up, seriously.

Why people even go anywhere near this "scent" is a complete mystery to me. I DESPISE this stuff. Just because Monroe wore it doesn't mean us humans have to walk around smelling like shrivelled old ladies. This is a classic, timeless scent..._HOW_???!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's not my favorite Chanel fragrance but it is a classic.

Classic. I swear, though, the NY EDT smells very different than the Paris EDP. Get the EDP, if possible. Very classic adelhyde fragrance, I think. Not "old lady," but not the trendy, fruity/floral stuff we're use to today. May be why some think it's old. Can't believe, though, that this was Marilyn Monroe's signature fragrance. Doesn't seem like it would be. Update: You know, there's no need to be ageist and obnoxious, using obtuse terms like "shriveled old lady" just because you don't like a fragrance. You will be old someday soon. I'm not old and I don't wear Chanel, but that's just stupid and childish.

Popular Fragrances