Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 6/22/2006 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My HG mascara, especially for summer! Holds curl, defines lashes well. Best part is the stay-put factor: this mascara stays through a day at the beach (including swimming in the ocean) with my boyfriend!

on 6/20/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've never understood how Maybelline can put out a great product like Full & Soft & still have crap like Great Lash in its product line. Full & Soft is great. It gets the job done & stays that way til you take it off.

on 6/12/2006 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was...okay. It seems too dry and a bit flaky. I think I'll try the regualr non-waterproof out. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 6/10/2006 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara, both non-waterproof & waterproof. I bought the waterproof version originally, repurchased a couple times, then decided to try the non-waterproof version, which I like a little better because I think it glides on nicer & feels softer. Since I can live without my mascara being waterproof, I'll stick to the non-waterproof for now. (See my review for the original Full n Soft)

on 6/8/2006 12:05:00 PM

(I originally posted this under the regular F&S entry, so I'm moving it here.) Along with CG Professional, this is my favourite mascara. Very natural looking, is a rich black colour (some others just look dark grey, yuck!) and can be removed without too much fuss. I also really like the fact that my lashes still feel soft after putting this on. This isn't as waterproof as others but I prefer it overall. continued >>

Ok, so Iím jumping the gun here a little bit and am reviewing my first tube of Full ní Soft after only a few weeks of wear. I do love the look of this though. To be fair, it does run on my oily lids and isnít 100% waterproof on me, ordinarily heinous offenses, but Iím letting it slide a little bit because 1. Itís not TOO bad and 2. I LOVE the look of Full ní Soft. The finish of this mascara is just what it says: full and soft, it leaves lashes soft instead of hard and brittle. It only builds lashes a little bit, but it defines and leaves them far more natural looking than any other mascara Iíve used and soft without flaking. Iím a HUGE lash girl and one coat is NEVER enough for me, but after one coat of Full ní Soft I feel satisfied. If I need to build lashes to look like serious falses glam look, Iíll use this with Revlonís Fabulash over the top...killer look. Holds curl all day. Packaging isnít the most attractive, a fake silver looking plastic tube with navy print, this could easily be prettier but packaging for products that I donít carry with me in my purse isnít a huge issue for me.
Overall, Iím giving Full ní Soft a 4 (took off one lipstick for the running and not quite waterproof formula but the finish is so fantastic that I canít take off any more). About $6 usd and easily found at any drug store and on sale. If my thoughts change about Full ní Soft, Iíll update my review. Will buy again.
Oily lids, non-sensitive eyes, no contacts or glasses.
continued >>

This is the only mascara that doen't give me clumps. I have tried Clinique and Lancome and all the drugstore brands and nothing is as natural looking as this. It gives my lashes the fullness that they lack if I get them dyed instead of using mascara.

on 5/30/2006 8:02:00 PM

Where is the full? Where is the soft? My lashes were neither after using this product. I had to layer on lots of it to see any volume. I would rather not spend 10 minutes on mascara-ing my lashes! I love the color (blackish brown) and the waterproof properties were adequate. I believe in truth in advertising. This mascara was definitely not as advertised. The best thing about it was the simple packaging. Will not buy again. I have no luck with basic drug store mascaras.

I don't know who is keeping Maybelline's mascara business going, but I'd love to know. Especially when you consider how much their mascaras--EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM--stink. This mascara is similar to L'Oreal's Featherlash mascara, but like that one, this is also a complete gimmick and does nothing of the sort for your lashes. Its brush is nothing special and as with all Maybelline mascaras, the packaging quality stinks, the mascara smears like crazy and is watery, runny, and sticky. The tubes are cheaply made, as well. I would seriously love to get the $200 back from Maybelline that I've spent on about 20 mascaras over the past 12 years when I've given them the benefit of the doubt and tried yet another wretched, hyped mascara that was written up as the BEST in beauty magazines. Rating Great Lash as the best, #1 mascara used by celebs and makeup artists has to be one of the biggest conspiracies going between Maybelline and beauty editors/publications. There is no other explanation for why this crummy stuff still gets good ratings by them, year after year. Maybelline mascaras are inexpensive, although their prices have started creeping up in the past 2 years, but you get crummy mascara, a crummy brush and a crummy tube. While getting a little mascara in your eyes is never comfortable, Maybelline mascara is the only line that consistently has stung like crazy and irritated my eyes incredibly on the occasions when I've gotten some mascara smudged in my eyes. AVOID.

on 5/4/2006 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I keep experimenting with mascaras but keep coming back to this product. My favorite thing about it is that it does not clump, which I think has to do with the brush: some brushes come out of the tube too full of the product, which of course leads to clumping, but the Full and Soft brush comes out of the tube as if he excess has already been wiped off. Just as the name promises, this mascara gives lasts a full, natural look, and I've found that the waterproof version lasts all day. The only time it ever smudges is in those few seconds when you first apply before the product is set; just wait a few seconds before blinking and you'll be fine. My only disappointment with this product is that I wish it lengthened more--if it did, it would be absolutely perfect, but it's still my favorite drugstore mascara by far.