November 28, 2014 | 1092 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by sheilamay

PROS: 1.gives volume and darkens,
2.does not irritate the eyes,
3. washes off easily,
4. at the end of the day does not end up under my
eyes

CONS: 1. very dry,
2. flakes and clumps ,
with tissue,
8. there were times when I had to wash them off and
start all over again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in a clinique bonus gift, and its a decent mascara... But I have very short, straight asian lashes, and I have yet to find a mascara that thickens them, curls and lengthens them enough without clumping. I'm not buying this mascara, since I've pretty much given up on mascara, and I barely use it at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For a mid-end product, I didn't really expect a lot from Clinique (this is the first Clinique mascara I've tried) but the colour was amazing! Nice, rich, true black, so YAY! The SA was hyping up it's lengthening qualities so I think she was a bit confused, as this mascara seems to be all about volume and colour, and not big on length.

Whatever, it is a very nice, black mascara that would be ideal for women with plenty of length but who need a little bit more 'puff' in their lashes. I need lots of 'puff' in mine and this ended up clumping way before I got volume. For reference~ I used 6 coats of this (working my way up over time) to give me the same volume I get from Volume extension beauty tubes in 1 coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by dkkwon

Clinique High Impact Mascara ended up working for me. I went through a few mascaras, and I think this was the best one. It gives my lashes volume, which is something I always need. The brush isn't too big for my eyes (as I found with DiorShow Mascara). The price of High Impact is fairly reasonable, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:03:00 AM More reviews by myershms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara!!! I've tried several other Clinique mascaras but I always come back to this one. I have short, pale lashes, and this makes my lashes look long, thick and fabulous! Another bonus, it doesn't flake. I feel like my face is naked when I don't wear this product. It really makes my eyes pop! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by zephinlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! Sure, if you have naturally small or straight lashes it won't turn them into amazing ones. However, I naturally have curled and long eyelashes and they are light in color. This really helps me bring out my natural lashes and it doesn't clumb or smear!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A really good mascara-one of those that are worth the extra cash ( as compared to the drugstore ones). It thickens, lengthens and defines decently and does not clump. Two coats give a really enhanced look. I would repurchase if I did not like high definition mascara best.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by beautifulicious

packaging: nothing special
curling: does crap (i have straight lashes)
lengthining: i like, pretty good
thickening: already have thick lashes, does little a bit more sultry
color: good black color pay off
clumping: never clumps

i don't like this because it doesn't curl my lashes. i have yet to find a mascara that curl my lashes, my straight lashes are so stubborn. every mascara i have ever tried never curled my lashes. i always have to wait for it to dry then curl my lashes for like a minute each before they are curled. very annoying, lash curlers dont even work if i use it before mascara! good enough to finish up but i NEED a mascara that curls my lashes!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

High Impact performed nicely for me & I would repurchase. My lashes are naturally curly but my eyes are sensitive so I prefer that my mascara does not irritate my eyes or clump & this one met the bill!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by mink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As others mentioned, this mascara is very black and does add some volume, but it barely holds a curl and weighed down my short Asian lashes, even when used with my Shiseido primer. I used a sample daily for almost 2 weeks while on vacation (so I had no other choice) and definitely will not be purchasing this.