September 23, 2014 | 2036 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I will admit, I haven't tried an actual Asian BB cream. I definitely plan to, but haven't yet for the simple fact that I'm impatient and haven't wanted to wait for the shipping time.
Anyway, before this I had tried L'Oreal's BB cream which was a complete fail for me. So I went out and purchased Maybelline's BB cream in light to medium. I was really impressed with the color, as it matched my skintone perfectly. (I'm a light to medium yellow toned gal.) The coverage is medium, it covers my pimples and scars and almost completely reduces any redness while brightening and evening everything out. It didn't make me more oily at all, even though I have oily skin. In fact, it really helped to control my oil and even help clear up my acne because the moisture was causing my skin to produce less oil. It made my skin appear dewy and fresh, and never look oily. Towards the middle of wear time I did apply a powder just to freshen up, and it looked good. This product had no offensive odors, and the consistency was a bit runny but blended easy and absorbed into skin well. The SPF was a very good touch as well. Over all I love this product and recommend it to anyone, even those who want a matte look because with a small amount of finishing powder, you easily change dewy to matte. I am already on my second tube and almost through that. I feel this will be great in the fall and winter to add a little moisture and glow to your skin. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by danaanguyen

This product makes my skin look reallyyy oily! no matter how much powder i try and put on, it always ends up looking completely shiny at the end of the day. it has medium coverage, which is great for school. the colour did not really match my skin though, it was a tad too dark. i did enjoy this product for a while, and i think i will continue to use it untill there's no more, but i will definitely not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by paola0523

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from 17 magazine in light/medium (which was very convenient because I didnt want to spend $10 just to try it) and I loved it! At first I was hesitant to try it because of the bad reviews it had for combination skin but I must say I love it. It gives a sheer coverage just right for school and does not make my face oily even after a whole day of using it. It covers most minor imperfections, evens out skin tone and leaves a dewy finish but feels very light at the same time despite being so liquidy. I use with a little bit of powder foundation and finishing powder to ensure it lasts throughout the day it also does not smell like sunblock like I thought it would. Overall this is a very good product

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by chihea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Personally, I am having quarrels with this product. Ai got it. It looked nice. Real small.

I thought it was going to make my face smooth, but it did the opposite. When I use it, my face breaks out!

Now, I would just put it under my eyes and near the hairs on my face.

Don't get this. Its a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by AviaKhyli

I absolutely love this product! I agree with many people that have said it's more like a tinted moisturizer. I basically use it as my foundation. I used to use the Maybelline Dream Mousse as my foundation but I feel like the BB cream gives way more coverage even with just 1 layer. I don't see much wrong with this product. I just wish the packaging was larger. Definitely reccomend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by zoohousekey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

too sheer, makes my otherwise dry/normal skin greasy

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

So, I knew that BB creams were supposed to be the "next big thing" for makeup, and I wasn't willing to shell out $50 for BB cream at that time, so I went to Walmart and bought this kind. My first impression was that it was incredibly sheer-- barely that of a tinted moisturizer. I put on three layers and it just made me look pale and didn't really cover acne that well. I put on lots of powder to set it and give it some sort of opacity. I wasn't really impressed at all. The only good thing about this product is that it didn't fade away during the day-- I had it on for about five hours and it never really changed. (But maybe that's because I had to set it with lots of powder?) So I washed it off, and the next morning, I broke out SO BAD. I normally have maybe four or five pimples on any day, and they are usually small, but on just one side of my face, I counted at least fifteen, including a very very painful one under my eye. overall this product was very bad. Not worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by AlexandriaLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a small sample in my Seventeen magazine and fell in love with it! At first, I was just going to use it because I had never heard of it before and it was free, of course. I used it for a job interview I had and it looked amazing. I went as soon as I ran out to get an actual tube of it! I can't say if it actually BLURS the imperfections but my skin does look better and I got a lot of compliments. I have acne and it makes it look it's not even there. It does even out my skin tone and smoothes my skin. I'm so happy with it. I might try another beauty balm, just to see how another would work, BUT later on.
My makeup routine with it is this:
1st- My acne moisturizer (Clean and Clear Advantage)
2nd- BB Cream
3rd- Concealer (Cover Girl Fresh Complexion Liquid)
4th- Pressed Powder (Revlon ColorStay)
I'd say give it a shot, it's worth it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by KimLoveLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even though this is advertised as a BB cream, it is a safe to say that this is more like a sheer tinted moisturizer.
Feels very light and does not offer that much coverage. Compared to other BB cream's, this one is lacking in many aspects, BUT, it is a nice quick fix for those who are in a rush in the morning because it does give your skin a dewy brightened look.
It is also very light on your skin and does not feel like you have makeup on at all.
If you're looking for fuller coverage, this is definitely not the product you want to get.
All in all, I like this product when I'm looking for a quick fix in the morning or during the middle of the day, as it requires almost no blending (it goes on exactly like a tinted moisturizer), but when I'm looking for a product that will conceal my dark circles + blemishes, I would go for something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by 1Dmakeupmandy

I got a sample in a magazine and I loved it. I will be going to the store and getting some.