Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 8/17/2010 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great cleansing brush - I've been using it for about 8 months now and it really gets my skin really clean. I have not had any breakouts/blemishs in using the Mia. I haven't tried the cleanser it comes with; I just use my own cleanser - but it really gets all the makeup off. I normally use a makeup wipe to first get the makeup off (atleast the easy stuff) and then I go over it with the Mia to remove all the last traces of makeup. I know it's a bit pricey - but it does eliminate the need of an exfoliator! I also did a review on youtube under the channel "beautySuite".

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have only had this for about 2 weeks and I just recieved my gentle brushes. I have rosacea that has not improved since I was first diagnosed 13 years ago, I had rosacea many years before diagnosis - I thought is was acne and treated it accordingly - Bad Idea.
I would go to derms and not go for various reasons, no insurance, inadequate insurance etc. I recently got a new job with great insurance and thought well at this age (50) lets see if I can do something - she gave me very expensive anti-biotics , very expensive topicals and told me to come back in a month - I did - no improvement what so ever! She than gave me a even more expensive anti- biotic, and a 300.00 bottle of face wash, We are talking a total of over $1000.00 worth of crap! Yes my insurance paid but seriously? This was recommend to me by a friend in the spring who looked fantastic when I saw her + she had always had cystic acne and terrible scarring. I came here read the reveiws and decided to splurge - I can't believe how much better my skin feels and in turn though I am still having the same amount of breakouts they are less red , go away after 1 day and the texture of my skin has made it easier to cover what I have now. Both the sensitive and the gentle are great for my skin - Rosaceans are never never supposed to be able to scrub their skin, but this is incredibly gentle. My face feels as it did when I was 20 years old, I think the look will just get better as the marks fade. I had a patch on my cheek of redness and bumps since the spring. It is gone now. I cancelled my appt with the derm if I had the patience to wait in the office I would have kept it just to show her.

on 8/11/2010 9:03:00 PM

I broke out terribly after the first week of using this, but that's normal since it brings all the dirt to the surface. After the first few weeks, I did see a significant improvement in my acne. It prevents quite a few blemishes from surfacing. It's a bit pricey, but it's totally worth it.

on 8/10/2010 9:19:00 PM

This is a nice way to get your skin very clean, but nothing more. I found just using cleanser on a baby wash cloth to be almost as effective.
It has made my skin more smooth and clear. However I'm not sure if it's worth the price.
If you're debating trying this, try the baby wash cloths. They really work well!

Soo I love this little bitty.. I would suggest using it with a mild cleanser like cetaphil, and use whatever skin products with meds you need after (because they absorb more readily, and there's no point in using a cleanser with medication in it that you're going to wash off after).

I've been using the mia for approximately 9-10 months and I can tell it's made a difference in my complexion. Not to mention Clarisonic's customer service is awesome.. my mia started developing burn marks from where the charger came in contact with it (apparently not something that usually ever happens with the mia, more with a higher powered system like the pro). No questions asked they immediately promised to send out a new one.

One thing I don't like is how easily mine seems to stain from my foundation.. I don't know if it's just me, but it's a minor downfall.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got my Mia about 2 weeks ago. I love it. Feels wonderful and my skin feels smooth and absorbs products easier. I use a glycolic was with it every few days. The rest of the time I use Purity Made Simple, or something similar.

on 8/7/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I looove the clarisonic!!
it made my skin feel SOO clean and it helped clear my mild acne
i wouldnt recommend using this twice a day everyday though, you could easily over-exfoliate your skin.

EDIT* Don't use this everyday, you will for sure overexfoliate your skin, I did. Eventually the brush head becomes less soft and it just feels too harsh against my sensitive skin. I use it once every two weeks now.

on 8/6/2010 8:55:00 PM

Well, once again what everyone else raves over does nil for me.
I bought mine over 7 weeks ago, used daily, sometimes 2X daily, and my skin is literally exactly the same. I do seem to have tons of new blackheads on my forehead that popped up within the past 3 days or so, but I can't imagine that the mia could have caused it.

Otherwise, literally zero difference. It really never made my face feel any cleaner than any other cleanser, or even just a plain washcloth, either. I had super high hopes for this, especially considering the astronimical price tag and all the raves. I don't normally spend tons of money on, well, anything, so this was especially expensive for me, therefore I'm all the more disappointed.

I'm pretty sure I can still return it to Sephora, so that is what I plan to do tomorrow.
I know that the sonic technology is somehow supposed to do something special, but I have a suspicion that any facial cleansing brush would yield the same results, not that there were any, but perhaps I didn't give it enough time. Either way, I'd rather not wait another month and have the ink on the receipt fade away as they so easily do nowdays, and then not be able to return it.

So, I think I'm going to try the L'oreal 360 cleanser with the little brush thingy. For $6.99, I won't be too upset if it doesn't make my skin flawless.

i love my clarisonic mia, it has really helped my skin. my skin before the mia would be pretty dull and kept getting pimples on my chin and these pimples would get pretty big! i used to get pimples on my chin in high school and now after college they have returned! after using the mia the pimples shrunk and have practically disappeared, there is still the spot where it was before, but i have been using the clinique skin tone correcting and the spots have been fading. my skin became more luminous and so soft, no more dullness! i used the brush head for sensitive skin, twice daily with favorite cleanser, my skin is combination, oily on my forehead and nose and chin, but normal to dry on my cheeks.
it has also helped my nightly skin treatments to absorb better, i can feel the difference in the morning. during the day, my face doesnt get as oily and i only blot once during the day when before i would have to blot every few hours. right now i just use my benefit concealer for my under eyes and sweep hello flawless power and i am set! no more foundation for me. i get so many compliments about my skin and i know that i will keep the mia in my skin routine for a long time. i highly recommend!

on 8/2/2010 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I break out into cystic acne a few days into using this. I've used it on and off the past 5 months and it's happened every single time :-( I haven't used it for about 2 months and safe to say that I'm better with it. I wanted this to work so bad!! Oh well...

Popular Misc Beauty Tools