October 1, 2014 | 1194 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perhaps this review is a little premature since I just started using it yesterday but so far, I love it. Immediately after using it i could instantly feel how soft my skin felt. i had debated buying this for about 3 years, but so far I'm very happy with it. can't wait to see the long term results. the sound it makes is just right.
edit: while i still love the brush, it still makes my skin feel amazing. it hasn't completely changed it. i've been using it for about a month now and while i love the way it makes my skin feel, it hasn't really changed the overall appearance of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by fboccalari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hereís my review of the Clarisonic Mia. So far, I love it! I bought it from their online shop, and I got the pink Mia with the free engraving, and I use it with the delicate (the blue one) brush for very delicate skin. Iíve been using it for 2 weeks, once a day in the evening for 1 minute. At first I charged it for 24 hours, then I could use it. It came with their cleanser but I donít use it because it clogs pores, since it contains algae extract which is comedogenic. I use it with La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser which is a great product for sensitive skin like mine. I have sensitive skin that becomes red so easily and itís combination with a few pimples and some blackheads in the nose area. I remove my eye and face makeup before using the Clarisonic, and after the Clarisonic I use Avene Hydrance Optimale Riche, a very good moisturizing cream. I think that once a day is enough for me and I also think that itís very important to moisturize the skin after using the Clarisonic if you have sensitive skin. I always disinfect the brush before every use, and I think thatís why I did not break out, which I was very afraid of. These are my results: very clean skin, fewer pimples and they go away a lot faster, more even looking skin, clearer skin, very soft skin, less redness, cleaner pores, creams absorb much better. I donít know if it works on the fine lines because I donít have them yet luckily. My advice if you wanna have good results is: always disinfect the brush before using it, use non comedogenic cleansers and creams if you have pimples, remove face makeup before using the Clarisonic, use it only once a day and with the sensitive or even the delicate brush if you have delicate skin. I know itís an expensive tool but itís really like getting a facial every day, I love it, and itís important to take good care of our skin. If you cannot afford it I recommend the Shiseido The Skincare Cleansing Massage Brush, it works very well with foaming cleansers.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very skeptical of investing in this despite the good reviews - after all, wouldn't it be just like using a glorified electric toothbrush on your face? But the raves here, a looming wedding, and a 20% discount at skinstore.com made it too tempting for me to pass up. (I'm happy it comes in yellow, which is my favorite color!) While I don't get any whiteheads or cysts (thanks to a combo of Yaz, Tazorac, DDF Glycolic Toner and a salicylic acid cleanser), I still struggle with a few blackheads, extreme oiliness and pores so big and deep they rival the moon's craters, not to mention all the fine lines that seem to get less fine and more pronounced every second. I heard the Clarisonic could help with all of these issues, and I'm elated that it actually delivered. I've been using it twice a day for a month and my pores definitely look to be a smidge smaller, oiliness decreased by about 10%, and overall my skin is much smoother and more refined. Plus I love how clean my skin feels after using it. So while my skin doesn't look dramatically different, it's definitely improved. Given how so many products don't do anything for my skin I'm happy with the results, however small they are. Note: not only is my skin oily, it's also like iron - you could probably take a power sander to it and nothing would happen. If you have the same skin I'd recommend using swapping out the sensitive brush head that the Mia comes with and using the normal one instead, along with a salicylic or glycolic acid cleanser rather than the Clarisonic one. If, however, your skin is normal or sensitive, definitely use the sensitive brush head and only use the Mia once a day, at least to start with.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Beautyjunkiee1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I was skeptical about the clarisonic and was unsure of wanting to spend that much money.
I have very oily skin,blackheads, big pores,and I'm also acne prone.
I've tried proactive, I've been on oral medications as well as acne creams from the dermatologist, these would help to an extent overtime,but I would still have breakouts.
I've been using the clarisonic for about a week now,and I LOVE it. My skin is smoother,my pores have gone down in size, and my breakouts have reduced in size. I also notice a difference in the texture of my skin, and my products and makeup setting look better...I actually look forward to washing my face,and it just feels like a nice massage on my face.
So far so good. I know it is an investment, but I can honestly say in the short amount of time this has made a difference in my skin...and coming from someone who has tried SEVERAL things before, this has been great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by chocolatemartini

Great product! What can I say. my skin has been looking glowy and refreshed since using it twice daily for the last 2 weeks. I live in the UK but got the pink mia when I visited the US 2 weeks ago.

It works with most cleansers - there is no need to use clarisonic's. I have also bought 2 replacement brush heads for 'delicate' skin because I have heard that the original head can be rather abrasive. i'm currently using the sensitive brush head and I find it wonderful. Perfect level of cleansing and feels great after I use it everytime. I agree with a previous review - it feels like you just had a facial. Everytime. Love it.

I didn't experience any purging and in fact using this daily might have prevented breakouts - My skin's incredibly soft and my bf commented on how great it looks too. Love it. Would def repurchase. Its very portable and super cute in pink too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by kubskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased a Clarisonic Mia on the advice of a facialist to deep clean my pores. (she was probably overworked working on my face for that facial. eek!!). I decided to get the yellow Mia instead of the full sized one so it wouldn't take up as much space on my counter and would be more portable for travel. Luckily I got this with all kinds of samples from Sephora so I feel I got a great deal. I really like this device and love the color too - it is so cute! It is much more gentle than the cheap imitations I have been using that have been much too harsh for my sensitive skin. So far I have used it with the Clarisonic cleanser that came with it and I am happy with that although it seems like a normal cleanser to me so far. I would purchase this again, but hopefully it will last for a long long time and that won't be necessary anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by mrsappleblossom77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was reluctant to spend that much money on a face cleaner, but I'm glad I did. My face feels nice and soft and clean! I haven't had much luck with it removing the blackheads from my nose, and I have been experiencing purging. So maybe I just need to switch to a better cleanser. Overall though the Mia is a good splurge. It makes you feel like you've been to the spa.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

EDITED 6/18/2011:

I've had my Mia for over a year now, and I've come back to totally change my review on it. Ever since I bought it, my skin kept breaking out more and more. I thought my skin was just "purging," as some people say happens at first until the benefits of using this brush kick in. Well, I don't think it should take an entire year for my skin to purge! I've switched cleansers, tried new topical creams, and STILL my face kept breaking out. I blamed it on stress, the weather, hormones, allergies, etc. I finally decided to stop using the Mia about 2 weeks ago, and lo and behold... my skin is actually clearing up!!! Unbelievable! Leads me to believe that I wasted A LOT of money on this stupid gadget (and because of it), because it only gave me more problems and didn't work for me at all. I will say that I DO have very sensitive skin. I also have rosacea, sebaceous hyperplasia, oily skin (T-zone), and allergies to certain products (ie. lanolin, fragrance, etc).... so this brush apparently is no remedy for people who share my problems. I guess this is a brush for people with good skin... and if that's the case... why would you need the brush at all? I think this is just another one of those gimmicky fad products that no one really needs. JMHO.

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by angieee7

I've been faithfully using my Mia for 10 days morning and night. 1 minute in the morning 2 at night on days I wear makeup. I'm a believer! My face is radiant without makeup! I have sensitive, combination, breakout prone skin that is also suffering from redness/minor acne scars. Since I have fair skin the redness and acne scars
have been an annoying issue for me. Since using Mia, my scars have faded considerably, redness calmed, and best of all, no breakouts! I did get one white head on the day I used too much sunscreen but that was nothing major. I really love the deep clean and look forward to cleaning my face everyday. If something were happen to my Mia or if I were to lose it, I would repurchase in a heart beat. It has become a vital part of my skin care and a powerful one at that. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by cutesy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the Mia! It's made the biggest difference in my skin of anything I have ever tried. It got rid of my blackheads on my nose and chin within about a month of use. I use it every morning in the shower on my face, chest and back, and honestly, my skin has not been this good in years. I have had these blackheads and clogged pores since my mid-20s, and although other products improved them, nothing ever made them go away entirely until I used this. Holy Grail, and totally worth the money.