November 21, 2014 | 1764 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Lancome Juicy Tubes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2003 7:16:00 PM More reviews by scarlett1975

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What are the new sades for this summer 2003?.In Europe,they have jst released three new JT:mangue(mango,deep pigmented orange,looks very nice on my lips,with evident color and lots of shine),peche(apricot,it,s a kind of pink,peachee pink would the right word,looks pink on my lips,quite sheer but you can see the hint of colour)and pamplemousse rose(very light milky pink with tons of glitter,it,s obvious on my lips,but i don,t like it much because it,s soooo milky that makes my pale face look boring).Of course the scents are great,if you like it fruity and sweet.I think the smell lasts longer than in other JT.Do you have different colours in USA?I,m gonna die if i can,t get some of the american shades!!!they look sooo beautiful in the pics i have seen!lucky girls!.I wonder why they don,t released so many colours in Europe!it,s not fair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2003 12:48:00 PM More reviews by vixxin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these. They are the perfect amount of stickiness and shine for me. Yes, the colors are mainly sheer, but that's what I like. I can not even express in words how much I adore them. My faves are Blueberry Blast, Mirage, Desert, Simmer, and Sun Bronze.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2003 12:00:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Juicy Tubes are fun; they never feel unpleasantly sticky, like some glosses, and the slight scent gives them some kick. Yes, they're on the sheer side, but most do provide some color; they're nice for times when I'm just running out for a bit or as an enhancement over regular lipstick/liner. (Or, if you're someone who prefers light glosses over regular lipstick, these are your ticket!) They're just downright cute and I love mine. Plus, I have discovered that applying them over Clinique All About Lips and then blotting the excess before bed keeps my lips very soft and moisturized when I get up the next morning!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2003 11:46:00 AM More reviews by sanisan

i lUv these! they taste yummi and i find that the colours last ages. very glossy with a little bit of glitter so quite pretty. would definitely buy this again*

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2003 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Larz

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice gloss, but very little color. They all seem to be..clear. which is all fine and dandy, but not for the price. get colorjuice and they have more color to them and are practically the same except a LOT cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2003 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kaestu

For a lip gloss, I have to say that these ARE kind of expensive, especially for those without much pigment. However, the JTs that have more pigment are really eye-catching. I have gotten several compliments when I wear Beach Plum. I pretty much just stick to the JTs that are pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by MayDay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say that although Juicy Tubes are good glosses (good staying power, high shine, etc), they are not worth the price that Lancome charges you for them. Well, especially when L'Oreal, Lancome's parent company, thought that they might as well tag along the Juicy Tube bandwagon and launched their own version, called ColorJuice, which has almost the exact same formula as the Juicy Tubes. Of course, they thought that no one would suspect, but what do they take us as? Stupid customers? That's good news for me, because I can now spurge on these ColorJuices instead and save tons of money. However, L'Oreal decided not to make it exactly like Lancome's Juicy Tubes just so that they won't look like the same products by giving ColorJuices a round-tip applicator instead of the excellent workable slant tip applicators that the Juicy Tubes have. What a shame!!! Also, Juicy Tubes has a lot more excellent and trendy colours (some with a lot more pigment) than the L'Oreal version. All in all, Juicy Tubes and ColorJuices are excellent glosses that tend to have less pigment than some other wand-style glosses on the market, but they are meant to be worn over lipstick anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if the pigment in some of these glosses are barely existent. As a side note, I was thinking of getting Bonne Bell's Lip D'Votions, but it only took one glance of the box to make me put it back on the shelf, because those little tubes only have 1.7mL of lipgloss inside, and the ColorJuices and Juicy Tubes have 14mL of product, so in the end, you're paying more for the Bonne Bell Lip D'Votions than Lancome's Juicy Tubes, since one Lip D'Votion is one-third the price of a Juicy Tube here in Canada. The verdict? L'Oreal's ColorJuices are a bargain when you consider their quality, size, and finish.

I just found a few several excellent, highly pigmented, colours from the JT range. Tantilizing lili, Sun Bronze, Simmer, Strawberry Glaze, and Coral Rush. I'm really hoping that L'Oreal would come out with colors similar to this so that I won't have to shell out so much money!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2003 6:54:00 PM More reviews by demondoyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well, i really do love the one i've got - i have grape escape. it tastes good (a little too good, i totally eat it off) and provides excellent shine. the sparkles in it are visible and cool, but not gritty or anything. the tint is really just a hint, but it's dark enough to show. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2003 11:14:00 AM More reviews by InABellJar

Stickier than most, very sheer colors. Will probably not buy again due to availability of superior products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2003 4:46:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so iffy on these. On the whole, I think Lancome products are overpriced, and I definitely feel these lip glosses are. The yearly price increase is kind of rediculous. And these are very goopy and sticky.I keep buying them hoping that the next color will be fabulous, and most of the time I'm disappointed. I like pigment. I like color. They make too many sheer glosses with a *hint* of color...where you can't even see the hint. Those I will definitely pass on.There are a couple, however, that are gems in my collection and I feel fortunate to have found, (Citrus Wish, Simmer, Soliel, Miracle, Plum Glaze), but I really could have done without the other 25+ that I've purchased. continued >>