April 20, 2014 | 1712 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Lancome Juicy Tubes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by MayDay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say that although Juicy Tubes are good glosses (good staying power, high shine, etc), they are not worth the price that Lancome charges you for them. Well, especially when L'Oreal, Lancome's parent company, thought that they might as well tag along the Juicy Tube bandwagon and launched their own version, called ColorJuice, which has almost the exact same formula as the Juicy Tubes. Of course, they thought that no one would suspect, but what do they take us as? Stupid customers? That's good news for me, because I can now spurge on these ColorJuices instead and save tons of money. However, L'Oreal decided not to make it exactly like Lancome's Juicy Tubes just so that they won't look like the same products by giving ColorJuices a round-tip applicator instead of the excellent workable slant tip applicators that the Juicy Tubes have. What a shame!!! Also, Juicy Tubes has a lot more excellent and trendy colours (some with a lot more pigment) than the L'Oreal version. All in all, Juicy Tubes and ColorJuices are excellent glosses that tend to have less pigment than some other wand-style glosses on the market, but they are meant to be worn over lipstick anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if the pigment in some of these glosses are barely existent. As a side note, I was thinking of getting Bonne Bell's Lip D'Votions, but it only took one glance of the box to make me put it back on the shelf, because those little tubes only have 1.7mL of lipgloss inside, and the ColorJuices and Juicy Tubes have 14mL of product, so in the end, you're paying more for the Bonne Bell Lip D'Votions than Lancome's Juicy Tubes, since one Lip D'Votion is one-third the price of a Juicy Tube here in Canada. The verdict? L'Oreal's ColorJuices are a bargain when you consider their quality, size, and finish.

I just found a few several excellent, highly pigmented, colours from the JT range. Tantilizing lili, Sun Bronze, Simmer, Strawberry Glaze, and Coral Rush. I'm really hoping that L'Oreal would come out with colors similar to this so that I won't have to shell out so much money!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2003 6:54:00 PM More reviews by demondoyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well, i really do love the one i've got - i have grape escape. it tastes good (a little too good, i totally eat it off) and provides excellent shine. the sparkles in it are visible and cool, but not gritty or anything. the tint is really just a hint, but it's dark enough to show. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2003 11:14:00 AM More reviews by InABellJar

Stickier than most, very sheer colors. Will probably not buy again due to availability of superior products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2003 4:46:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so iffy on these. On the whole, I think Lancome products are overpriced, and I definitely feel these lip glosses are. The yearly price increase is kind of rediculous. And these are very goopy and sticky.I keep buying them hoping that the next color will be fabulous, and most of the time I'm disappointed. I like pigment. I like color. They make too many sheer glosses with a *hint* of color...where you can't even see the hint. Those I will definitely pass on.There are a couple, however, that are gems in my collection and I feel fortunate to have found, (Citrus Wish, Simmer, Soliel, Miracle, Plum Glaze), but I really could have done without the other 25+ that I've purchased. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2003 10:12:00 PM More reviews by AKDrinkH20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love my juicy tubes! The color 'beach plum' goes on much lighter than appears in tube, and result on everyone I have seen it on is gorgeous. Lips look like the most natural pigmented color with great sheen.... I don't think that L'Oreal counterpart is as nice because of applicator tip and lack of best colors (plus they smell teeny-bopper).... Last summer the Lancome Strawberry Glaze was wonderful but was discontinued..hopefully will come back soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2003 9:13:00 AM More reviews by juicycouture101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not really worth the price, but they were okay. I have one in Cerise, and while there is little to no color or tint, the shine is very good and it stays on for a decent amount of time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2003 1:07:00 AM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just don't see what the big fuss is about these glosses. I bought a few the first time they were released and they both went bad after about a month. Seriously the smell was unbearable...like mildew or something. I have bought two more and I am no more impressed with them. I bought Dreamsicle and Mirage. Dreamsicle smells weird to me...like plastic and Mirage smells like a tube of $.99 ChapStick. I am in the process of swapping Dreamsicle away. The only reason I am keeping Mirage is because of the color. I would much rather buy MAC lipglasses and Bloom Lipglazes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2003 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Jenbabae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't ever buy this product. Luckily, I swapped for them on MakeupAlley. I didn't rate this so well because I'm a girl who prefers pigmentation. Every single color practically comes out clear on my lips (they are rather pigmented) and nonetheless, they are on the pricey side of lipglosses. So for something with the pricetag, I expected more color. The scent is heavenly and I love it, but for price, I prefer L'Oreal ColorJuices. Packaging is wonderful though, and easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2003 6:08:00 PM More reviews by LABRUJACLAUDIA

This is my favorite gloss. I have around 10 tubes. And yes they are the same as L'oreal Juicy fruit glosses, the only difference is the colors. Juicy tubes is a great gloss, they smell great, color variety is good, package is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2003 12:59:00 PM More reviews by catgoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For those who don't already know, Lancome is owned by a company called L'Oreal, who also owns L'oreal Paris and Maybelline. I've done ALOT of research, and the drugstore version of Juicy Tubes, called Colour Juice is the EXACT same thing. It's also only about $6-$7. This IS a nice gloss, but why spend $16 when there's a drugstore version made by the same company for alot less?