September 22, 2014 | 984 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I was a little surprised when I saw this get a less-than-stellar review. It does what it says. It lengthens as well as my beloved Lancome Definicils Pro. It doesn't add much volume, but it doesn't claim to. It doesn't flake or smear under my eyes, which is a huge deal with me, as I'm a redhead and almost everything seems to smear. I took off one lippie because of the very odd smell. It fades when the mascara dries, but it's pretty overpowering. Not enough to make me stop using, though. Packaging is very clever...love it! I'd recommend it for someone who wants to add length, not volume, to their lashes. Would definitely purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by lovememakeup

nothing special

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by bunnybob21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Maybelline Great Lash (the pink and green tube) for years now. I would always try other brands, but would always go back to Great Lash. Well once again, I decided to try a new mascara and picked up the Stiletto. This time, I didn't go back to Great Lash! I love this mascara! Love the brush, the actual mascara (even though it's not shiny, like it says) and love the fancy tube. This is my new fav! The fat brush really does grab all your lashes really well!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first saw the commercial, I wasn't intrigued by it at all. I figured it would turn out to be like any other mascara, and the black patent shine thing turned me off. Recently I switched up my makeup routiene and started searching for a good, d/s, ultra lengthening mascara. I read through some reviews, and it seemed like most users were unhappy because it doesn't add volume. I thought to myself, well, that's perfect, because I don't want a volumizing mascara, so I went out and bought it. When I got home, I used it right away over my other mascara, and go figure, I hated it. I tried it again on bare lashes, and still hated it. The mascara is unreasonably wet, to the point that it doesn't add length at all, it just coats your lashes with color. I waited forever for it to dry, and then had to comb through it because it made my lashes stick together (I do give LS some credit, they were well defined and clump-free, but I prefer to have more than three eyelashes). I appied another coat, and I still didn't notice any length, but yet again my lashes began to stick together. I waited for it to dry, gave up, and applied my Voluminous mascara overtop. After two coats of LS, you literally COULD NOT tell that I put anything on. It looked like a basic lash tint. I hate to say it, but I'd reach for Great Lash before I used this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Ayustar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara on a whim, I don't have TV to see advertisements so I just bought it because of the way it looked, haha. I had another mascara in my hand and then I saw this one and immediately grabbed it instead. I am glad that I did. I was really blown away when I tried it since it was really good for a drug store brand. It made my lashes so nice!! Length and a little bit of thickness, just the right amount. I would definately buy it again but for right now I have Pupa. That is another story...or review, I should say.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by CherryO03

Geez did this product have great advertisements or what. I typically don't find mascara commercials that convincing because I find them very similar to blush in that you really have to try it on to see if it works well for you or not. Also I think the quality of a mascara weighs heavily on personal preference.

But besides that I have to say this quickly became my favorite mascara. While it does not add much in terms of volume it lengthens like no other mascara I have had before. The bristles are space a good distance apart and are long enough to get between each lash. I favor this mascara when doing a pin-up girl look because you can really bring attention to outer lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by SkylieBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara!! It really lengthens my lashes! I have short lashes and i can tell that they look longer..The one thing i dont like about this mascara is the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by fallingxstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really thought that this would be my HG when I bought it. Thankfully it was on sale BOGO and I got Colossal along with it because this mascara just did nothing for me. It made my lashes clumpy, added no length and DEFINITELY didn't add volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by blonderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Edit....

I have been reaching for this more and more when I am going out. It does lengthen my lashes and I like the more dramatic effect I get when I use it. Still some clumping issues but if I work fast to get 2 coats on it seems ok.

I wanted to love this. The packaging is cute and the ads sold me. I should have checked here first. It has a flowery scent that is kind of odd and dries very quickly which makes it difficult to apply without clumping. I am not a fan of having to de-clump my mascara after I put it on. It did make my lashes look longer which I liked, however even with only 2 coats which I applied quickly I got a spidery effect. I actually counted my top lashes at a whopping 10 after they clumped from this mascara. It does come off easily with water. Overall, I wasn't impressed and doubt I would buy it again. I think I will stick with Benefit Bad Gal lash and Maybelline Full N Soft for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by bee5050

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really am fond of this, not so much as a stand alone mascara, but as a base mascara to use alongside another. The raggedy brush really gets into the roots of the lashes, separating and lifting. The colour is a good, wet, inky black, unlike some black mascaras that are more or less thick and grey. If you like dark, full lashes, follow this when dry with a thicker, brushed mascara such as MAC Plushlash or Benefit BadGal which will then create a doll like density over the lash stiletto base coat. On its own this mascara may be a little underwhelming if you crave big lashes, but it does make a fab base mascara.