April 18, 2014 | 1890 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by kiranerdcore

I've heard both good and bad things about this product. Generally it does a lot of lengthening, like it says, but it doesn't give you thicker, plumper lashes. Some people says it doesn't hold much curl, but it seems to hold for me, so you could get mixed opinions on that. Also, there's a weird rose-like smell that comes from the product. It doesn't affect me much, but for people who don't like floral scents coming out of what they're putting on their face, I suggest you not buy it - it's pretty strong. I love the packaging - not so much the price, but that's pretty much it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Again, loyal MUA's didn't steer me wrong on the makeup board, but I just had to try this stuff. The only reason i didn't rate it lower is that the brush did deposit something that resembled color on my lashes but that was about it. I look at it like this: there are "good" stilettos and bad stilettos. This mascara is the Julia Robert's Pretty Woman streetwalker beat-up-high-heel-boot type of stiletto. Will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2009 6:42:00 AM More reviews by SugaGumDrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wasn't overall impressed with this mascara. I bought it on special offer from Superdrug. I bought it in Brown/Brunn to wear in the office. And it doesn't really do anything for my lashes, expect change the colour to a light brown colour.
It didn't clump or flake-so there is a good thing haha, just no length.

The packaging is nice enough. It just did absolutly nothing for my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by hashmith1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried a lot of Mascaras a few from the drug store and a few high end brands and i must say that this is my fave mascara every... It is very smooth in texture no clumping and makes my lashes looke longer anbd fuller. I would even buy it over the bad girl lash by benifit..... geat product value for the buck.............

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by LaurenNicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. It really lengthens and thickens my lashes. But it smells bad, and I didn't know Maybelline tested on animals. If I did I wouldn't have bought their products. I'll stick to Benefit's BadGal Lash for the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sschroed

I have always purchased volume mascaras in the past, but thought I'd give a lengthening mascara a try. I tried several different brands of lengthening mascaras, and this wins hands down!!! I have very short, fairly sparse lashes. This mascara gave my lashes AMAZING length - the best of any mascara I've used!!!! It does not clump on me at all, and there is absolutely no smudging. It does have kind of an odd rose-scented smell, but that disappears immediately after it drys - lasts only a couple of seconds. This has definitely become my go-to mascara!!!
**EDIT**After wearing this product for awhile now, I have dropped my rating one lippie because this mascara is flaking A LOT on me now. Still love the way it makes my lashes look, but the flaking is VERY annoying.
**EDIT - 10/9/09**Okay, after wearing this product for a couple of months now, I have bumped the rating back up to five lippies!!! For some odd reason, this product has stopped flaking on me (which is GREAT!!!). As the product got older, it seemed to get better! I am now on my second tube, and this one has not flaked at all - right from the start it's been excellent. This is now the one and only mascara that I use. I also found one in waterproof, and it is excellent too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Charlin

I like this, although it is not HG status.
The colour is very black and it stays on really well. I normally have a big problem with smudging and flaking but this doesn't do that.
It doesn't clump unless I do more than 2 coats.
I removed a lippy because it seems to weigh my lashes down and the curl is lost instantly. It isn't as dramatic as I'd like it to be, but this would be good as an everyday mascara as it looks quite natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by weddingdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara should have been called grandma's flats.

I'll tell you why...

First off, it's way too natural. One coat of this stuff looks like your own lashes but glossier. Put more than one coat and then you're a walking spiderlash. It can't hold a curl for beans. When I think lash stiletto, I think more than length...I think VOLUME, I think DARK THICK LONG lashes that will match my little black dress and red high heels. But this is just Meeehhhh. Honestly. I mean it's not horrible. It's just not what its advertised as..

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ttyn

EWWW did not like this mascara at all!!!!! try the mabelline in the green packaging its one of the best!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

The packaging for this product is by far the cutest in the makeup section! I was drawn for its shiny finish and thought I'd give it a try but I'm not impressed. This product does nothing for my lashes other than separating with no clumps. It feels really wet going on and takes a long time to dry. It doesn't make my lashes shiny like it says and it makes them feel heavy resulting in losing the curl and making my lashes stick straight out. I won't be purchasing this product again