December 17, 2014 | 1714 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by selinajustine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mascara. It lengthens really well, and the small brush defines all of those small lashes that you can't get with the bulky brushes that are becoming a trend for makeup companies. This mascara is perfect for me, but I spend a lot of time on my lashes. This isn't the "one swipe and you're good" kind of mascara. It takes work and technique. If you don't like to spend as much time on your makeup, use another Maybelline mascara, like Colossal. So as for my routine, it's a 5- for other people who don't like to spend as much time, more like a 3.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Lauraloo11

Overall i was really disappointed with this product. First off, the stuff smells like a mix of sharpie and sme nasal spray i used to have to use for nosebleeds. Its HORRIBLE i put it on then about 10 seconds later i started tearing and it smudged and came off everywhere. The next time i tried to use it i held my breath and it actually turned out decent. it wasnt the best mascara i have ever used but the lengthening was alright...... the only thing i REALLY liked about this product was the packaging. to me its gorgeous :) oh well.. off to try Colossal....

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kweeden9

I cant remember why i first bought this...probably it was on sale and the packaging is really cool. And i do like it a little, it does lengthen somewhat...but i feel like others do better. So its just average. BUT the smell is horrible! To me it smells like this play lipgloss i used when i was little...like glue and rubber mixed together. I can forgive the lipgloss because it was for 6 year old by some off-brand..but i would defnitelly expect better from maybelline! Is it really that hard to make the smell less noticable? I wont buy this again and its mostly because of how it smells.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by xxChelseeea

Didn't do too much for my lashes, Telescopic is the best lengthening mascara!

Also, this stuff SMELLS. It smells like Sharpie and Skunk. Disgusting.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this product long enough to give a full review. I bought it because it came two in a package for $7.99. I used this mascara for the first time this weekend and so far so good. If it doesn't work out, at least I didn't waste $23 like I did on Diorshow Blackout. So far it gives my lashes incredible length, but no volume, which I'm not too concerned about anyway. Lash Stiletto actually does a better job than MAC's Zoom Lash, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I was a little surprised when I saw this get a less-than-stellar review. It does what it says. It lengthens as well as my beloved Lancome Definicils Pro. It doesn't add much volume, but it doesn't claim to. It doesn't flake or smear under my eyes, which is a huge deal with me, as I'm a redhead and almost everything seems to smear. I took off one lippie because of the very odd smell. It fades when the mascara dries, but it's pretty overpowering. Not enough to make me stop using, though. Packaging is very clever...love it! I'd recommend it for someone who wants to add length, not volume, to their lashes. Would definitely purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by lovememakeup

nothing special

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by bunnybob21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Maybelline Great Lash (the pink and green tube) for years now. I would always try other brands, but would always go back to Great Lash. Well once again, I decided to try a new mascara and picked up the Stiletto. This time, I didn't go back to Great Lash! I love this mascara! Love the brush, the actual mascara (even though it's not shiny, like it says) and love the fancy tube. This is my new fav! The fat brush really does grab all your lashes really well!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first saw the commercial, I wasn't intrigued by it at all. I figured it would turn out to be like any other mascara, and the black patent shine thing turned me off. Recently I switched up my makeup routiene and started searching for a good, d/s, ultra lengthening mascara. I read through some reviews, and it seemed like most users were unhappy because it doesn't add volume. I thought to myself, well, that's perfect, because I don't want a volumizing mascara, so I went out and bought it. When I got home, I used it right away over my other mascara, and go figure, I hated it. I tried it again on bare lashes, and still hated it. The mascara is unreasonably wet, to the point that it doesn't add length at all, it just coats your lashes with color. I waited forever for it to dry, and then had to comb through it because it made my lashes stick together (I do give LS some credit, they were well defined and clump-free, but I prefer to have more than three eyelashes). I appied another coat, and I still didn't notice any length, but yet again my lashes began to stick together. I waited for it to dry, gave up, and applied my Voluminous mascara overtop. After two coats of LS, you literally COULD NOT tell that I put anything on. It looked like a basic lash tint. I hate to say it, but I'd reach for Great Lash before I used this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Ayustar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara on a whim, I don't have TV to see advertisements so I just bought it because of the way it looked, haha. I had another mascara in my hand and then I saw this one and immediately grabbed it instead. I am glad that I did. I was really blown away when I tried it since it was really good for a drug store brand. It made my lashes so nice!! Length and a little bit of thickness, just the right amount. I would definately buy it again but for right now I have Pupa. That is another story...or review, I should say.