BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 9/19/2008 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This makes my face look dirty, I've tried and tried to get the right look with blending and a decent brush but it just looks dusty and rusty. Funny thing is it looks great on my sister who is naturally paler than me.

on 9/9/2008 10:50:00 AM

I love this bronzer it really is a gorgeous matte bronzer with no hint of orange what so ever. I think this works perfectly with my NC15 complexion and gives a natural but definate tanned look. I don't like the smell from this powder but that wouldn't stop me purchasing as i really think its a great bronzer. The packaging is cute on my vanity but not great for toting around in my bag as i think it would look tatty quite quickly. The little brush supplied could be used in a pinch but for all over cover I use my mac 150 or 134. I sometimes use this bronzer as a contour down the sides of my nose and the brush supplied works quite well for this purpose. On the whole if your looking for a matte bronzer that looks natural and not fake orange - this is a good one!!

on 9/4/2008 4:57:00 PM

I love this product!!!
It looks soo natural. Same rules applies: a little goes a long way. So it's easy to get carried over. It so soft and has a sun kissed effect. I love it. It makes my pale skin look so healthy.

on 8/23/2008 6:22:00 PM

Hoola by Benefit is one of the VERY FEW bronzers that I have tried that didn't have any shimmer to it and THANKFULLY SO! It's definitely a neutral color, allows for building in layer on one's skin, didn't irritate, break-out or otherwise cause any adverse skin reactions thus far in using this bronzer. And another HUGE PLUS it doesn't turn a different shade when applied to my extremely pale skin tone. It stays a very true nude/neutral tone/color which I am very pleased with. It's got a very STEEP price tag to it considering how LITTLE product is in the box packaging but I do like that the excess product that always seems to be a factor with blushes and bronzers & there packaging, remains mostly in the excess box space/ packaging and causes minimal to no waste in product usage. At this point my only "gripe" is the hefty price tag on this item.

This is my favourite bronzer. I've tried many bronzers but the reason I love this one so much is purely and simply because it doesn't contain any shimmer and is completely matte.

The tone of this bronzer is definitely a brown colour and there is no trace of orange which I also feel works very much to it's advantage. I have olive/tan skin and usually use Hoola over my whole face, I use a fairly heavy hand because I need to build up the colour abit before I notice any payoff on my skintone, but I'm sure lighter skintones could use this also without the fear of turning orange.

The quantity is generous; mine has lasted 2 years with frequent use and the colour and texture hasn't changed in this time. So for this reason I'd say, even though it's expensive, it's definitely good value for money. Even though the box looks small it will take you a good while to get through it.

It comes in a purpley maroon box with a hut like picture on the sides. It's definitely quirky to look at and sits prettily on anyones beauty table. It comes with a brush for application, although I don't personally think it's the best brush for applying bronzer - I feel a large, soft kabuki brush is better suited. However for a quick dusting on the go this brush is more than suitable.

So in summary I'd say that if you like the natural look, are not a fan of shimmer and want something that'll last, this bronzer is definitely worth trying.

Not a fan of this! Really hard to blend, the brush inside is useless & it's so small for the price!

on 8/11/2008 1:30:00 PM

i bought this bronzer as alot of people rave about it so i decided to try and im not sure its for me im quite tanned anyway but this just seems really dark and like everyone else i would not reccomend the awful brush that comes with it! so ive had it for a few months now and sometimes when i put it on it can look really nice but others it looks too much dont think id buy again but i love other benefit products

on 8/10/2008 12:01:00 AM

love this bronzer! not shimmery or orange at all. i use it with the NARS bronzer brush and it looks great.

on 8/6/2008 5:37:00 PM

I bought this because I read it was matte not shimmery or glittery which I personally hate in a bronzer, and it did not dissapoint! Don't judge it in the box it looks flat and like clay but on the skin it looks like so natural ...one tip as others have mentioned...use a large brush not the stoopid, silly one included.
I also use this as an eyeshadow and it is fab at bringing out my blue eyes!!!
Not cheap but lasts and lasts and lasts!

on 8/4/2008 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

HOOLA IS AWESOME. THOUGH IT LOOKS MUDDY IN THE BOX, ONCE YOU GET IT ON IT COMES OUT THE MOST NATURAL SOFT TAN SHADE YOU COULD IMAGINE. I LOVE USING A BIG KUBUKI BRUSH WITH IT. IT REALLY GIVES ME A NICE ALL OVER NATURAL BRONZE GLOW. NO ORANGE TONES LIKE OTHER BRONZERS SO ANY SKIN TONE CAN USE IT, AND ALSO CAN BE USED ALL YEAR ROUND ON EVERY SKIN TONE IF YOU USE A LIGHT APPLICATIOIN. PLUS, IT TAKES A YEAR BEFORE YOU RUN THROUGH IT SO DEF. WORTH THE MONEY. GIVE IT A TRY, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED

Popular Bronzers