November 27, 2014 | 1325 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by zem137

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the best bronzer I've ever tried. I hate the glittery, shimmery, orangey bronzers out there and thought I would never try bronzer again until I found this. I agree with the comments about the brush though, while cute it is way too small for a nice even, light application. I have a fluffy blush brush fron Shesiedo and it works great.Great alone or over my Joppa mineral makeup depending on coverage needs. I have had my Hoola for over a year now and have barely made a dent in it. I only use a couple products in the summer and this one joined the list the minute I tried it!

(UPDATE: After 2 years I can finally see the metal on the bottom of the box, still loving it, definitrly buying more when it runs out!!!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 6:22:00 AM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

This is the first bronzer I ever purchased. I like how this is true brown (no orange/red, no glitter, no shimmer, just a matte true brown) I wanted something to give me a fake tan since I only freckle in the face. This is the first thing I purchased from benefit and so far so good. Stuff is actually pretty good but a tad pricey.
I hate the brush it sucks...packs too much even if u use a light hand. I use a synthetic blush brush to apply under my cheek bones, jaw line, Nose, chin and forehead. The brush it came with is so hard and chunks product on. It seems a good amount of product in the carboard box....to last for a while

Again i haven't tried other bronzers yet but I heard MAC's Natural MSF Deep Dark or MAC's Matte Bronzer would give the same effect, cheaper and better packaging. I will try this next... But Hoola seems like a good amount...but again pricey! Repurchase...for now yes...But go to MAC first and try the aforementioned 2. it will be about $15 cheaper...

Ref: NC25-30...yellow undertones, small freckles

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

Nice matte formula, no annoying shimmer/sparkly bits etc, but it is far too dark for my fair skin...it looks like I've rubbed cocoa powder on my face, even when using a very light hand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

i like ti bc its browner than most bronzers,, but still goes on muddy, not for daytime..too obvious for daylight. night time its nice..but use a big powder brush and not a lot of it..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2007 6:31:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

This bronzer is muddier than most other bronzers. It's matte and gives flat colour rather than a gentle glow. Having said that it is sheer so you can control the depth of the colour. It lasts for most of the day and although I've had mine for about 3 years there's hardly any dent in the pan. I like to use this for contouring as it gives me that chiselled-cheek look. The packaging is cute, and at first I didn't like the cardboard box - but it's actually quite durable and I've travelled abroad with it several times. The brush is a bit angular and you end up picking too much product on the edge of the brush, but it's easy to blend out to a more even finish.
UPDATE: with regular use the brush softens up so it's less angular. If I repurchase this I might continue using the old brush!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by shellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ok sorry to be the downer here but I did not like this product very much. When I saw it I thought, oh perfect! A bronzer that is actually matte and caramel-brown-- the color I get when tan. Perfect, right? Wrong. It looked unnatural sitting on my skin even when used with a very light hand. Then, surprise! Even though the formula is completely matte, it ended up getting all shiny and greasy on me, accentuating every little pore and wrinkle I have (I'm 26) and looking like an obvious layer of darker-toned makeup on me. To be fair, I do wear a sunscreen underneath and that would account for the shinyness but you would think that a matte powder would blot that down. This powder actually made it worse. And, I think it may have contributed to some existing acne. Sorry, it just didn't work for me and I am medium-toned and yellow/almond colored and 1/4 Filipino. I have slight ruddyness though on my cheeks and nose, just so you get the picture of what my complexion is like.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Littlel07

I love this bronzer! I purchased this from Sephora almost 3 years ago and I am JUST starting to see the bottom of the box, with plenty left still. During the winter I have VERY pale Irish skin and a simple swipe across my cheeks, forehead/hairline, and chin makes a huge difference... Now having been out in the sun, i am getting a great base tan... this is basically the only product I will use during the summer months. This bronzer looks great on slightly tan to full blown tanned skin too! If applied properly... it looks SO natural!

Many people have complained that they can't get the application to look right...

To achieve that not so "muddy" look make sure you purchase yourself a great brush. Unfortunelty the brush that accompanies this lovely product is not so lovely itself.

Also, remember that this product is a bronzing POWDER... obviously...tap off excess into the box before applying to face... there will still be plenty of product on the brush for your application. Then you can go back and add a little more if you so choose. Especially if you have a pale complextion... you want it to look natural...

I just love this product so much, i hate to see consumers disregard it so quickly...

2/10
I have repurchased this product many times, and my satisfaction rate is still very high. Love, love, love. I now use a small kabuki brush instead of the brush that accompanies the product and I still get that natural looking feel. Even during the winter, this is the only product that touches my face minus my moisturizer. Great product - avid user

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2007 7:16:00 AM More reviews by gemski107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

bit too dark and matte for my liking, i prefer bronzers to have a little sparkle! cute packaging though, and does last a long time as not a lot is needed per application.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2007 3:00:00 AM More reviews by angielynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Pros:
Very nice shade
NO SHIMMER
Need very little
Seems a bit expensive for some but it lasts forever!

Cons:
Because it does last so long, they should put it in stronger packaging! Mine totally fell apart.
The brush is cute but not the best tool for putting on the product.

OVERALL: I love this product. It looks beautiful on my skin, and I am very pale. It is easy to work with and I always get a ton of compliments on how pretty I look when I wear it. I also love that it has no shimmer, that is one of its most valuable assets.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by jenskimollero

I really like this stuff.. it can look a little muddy if you're not careful, but the best way to avoid that is to make sure your skin is completely dry (as in no moisturizer recently put on or no face washing/foundation for about 10 minutes). When used with a little MAC silverdusk it gives me a perfect glimmery glow, without being too yellow!