Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 11/10/2008 2:08:00 AM

Let's see..

Compared to the Revlon, Lancome, and Napoleon Perdis mascaras that I've tried, this mascara:
-clumps less
-keeps eyelashes separate and elongated
-is easiest to remove
-keeps lashes moisturized
-does not get dry or flaky on the eyelashes

Sounds great, right? However, also in comparison, this mascara:
-has a tendency to migrate from my eyelashes during the day and end up under my eye, making me look tired when it's really just a shadow caused by mascara
-does not survive a nap

Those two cons is enough for me to not want to use it. I don't rub my eyes during the day, so I really don't understand how it makes it off my eyelashes onto my eye. It's not worth looking extra-tired for, from the product or the anxious constant checking and rechecking in the mirror.

on 11/8/2008 5:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I received this as a free gift during a clinique event. It's a great mascara. It doesn't plump lashes as much as other mascaras (Smashbox Bionic) but it does create a lot of length. I will definitely consider buying this one.

on 11/5/2008 11:53:00 PM

This mascara was great and quickly added length and volume to my short thin straight lashes. The brush is tapered so you can easily deal with the lashes at the inner and outer corners of the eye. I got this in a promotion kit, and enjoy using it, but would probably not buy, as it is expensive.

on 11/5/2008 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very very good mascara! Does not clump, smudge and makes my lashes very long and thick! However it does not look like you have pile of mascara on. I purchased it in US for only 14$ here in the UK it is 17 pounds so a bit pricey...

on 11/4/2008 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Horrible mascara it turns into clumps and your lashes into spiderlegs... also how does it make your lashes thicker?? I bought some other clinique stuff and got the mascara as a gift.. no thanks! going to stick to my wonderful LANCOME HYPNOSE!

Good smudgeless black mascara. Initially very wet, but does thicken after a couple of uses. Non irritatiting and not tested on animals.

I notice more volumizing than lengthening. It comes off easily with water. I do think its a bit expensive though, at $34 AU for a tube. However, I will keep on purchasing.

Other brands such as Estee Lauder haven given me panda eyes, and i prefer high end for mascaras, so I will be sticking with this one!

on 11/3/2008 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this mascara from a Gift With Purchase. It works pretty well. It's not a mascara that I use everyday. I keep it in my purse for touch-ups. I think it is too pricey. If I didn't get this as a gift with purchase I would have never even thought of buying it. There are mascaras from drug stores that work just as well, or even better, and they do not cost as much as this mascara. I don't feel the need to purchase this in the near future.

on 11/1/2008 11:14:00 PM

Everyone thinks i have fake eyelashes on, i been using this mascara for past two months, its really really nice, it doesn't clump n' best of all no panda eyes.

on 11/1/2008 6:05:00 PM

I really like this mascara I have used many, many brands from the highest price to the cheapest. It just works for me, doesen't clump, looks pretty natural, makes lashes full and long. Easy to remove

on 11/1/2008 3:45:00 PM

I definitely like this. It is cheap among all my mascaras and it works well. It lengthens, thickens really well, but it doesn't curl. I don't want my eye lashes to be curved skyhigh anyway so I am ok with the curl factor. It has a wonderful brush that delivers decent amount of product every time. As first it gives great definition too, but later it clumps a little. I am impressed with the longevity of this product. It doesn't dry out! Well it eventually does, but it does that slowly. When it dries out it flakes a little. I don't care about the germs and stuff because I take care storing my makeup and while applying them. So that was a great plus to me.