BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 2/3/2007 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I always bought the L'Occitane shea butter tints before i tried this, mainly because i was (and still am abit) scared of powder blusher. Maybe its memories of blush back in the 80's, when it was always brown, always chalky and always ended up all over the makeup bag. So i was very very hard to convince when it came to buying a new (powder) blush. However...

I love BeneFit highbeam and had also heard rave reviews about this blush here, so i bought a used (yep, u read right!) dandelion blush going for a few dollars on ebay. I wasnt going to splash out tons off cash i decided, an what if it was really rubbish? well. The day it arrived i tried it on right away and was stunned. No chalkiness. No caked rosy cheeks. Just a beautiful light pink shimmer and healthy glow. You can even use it on your forehead and chin to give a little colour, its no too red or too pink.

I was also surprised as i have oily skin and expected this to come off after an hour or so, but it stayed on the entire day (it lasted longer than my foundation - go figure!). My skin is quite sallow and often looks tired so this was the perfect pick me up.

The most amazing thing about this product is that even my husband commented on it and thats a big deal cause he usually doesnt notice im wearing makeup unless ive got panda eyes by being out in the rain too long. He even told me to buy more (even more of a shocker as this costs about $40 new in the UK). So that was the moment i decided i loved this blush! Would absolutely recommend!

Dont get me wrong, i dont like all of BeneFits products. I have no idea how to use Dr Feelgood and i hate the way the women at the store cake just about every product on you when you just want to buy one small thing. But i will be buying this blush again and have long since moved my L'Occitane products to the bottom of the makeup box.

on 2/1/2007 3:06:00 PM

I think I've only reached for Dandelion 2 or 3 times in the entire year after I bought it -- out of 5 lippies, I would probably give it a 3.5. I don't dislike this blush, but I just find the color payoff on myself to be very weak. I absolutely adore the soft natural beigy pink shade and I love staring at it in the pan ... I love the cute packaging ... but I find it takes a lot of product to get it to show up on my cheeks, and also it wears off rather quickly. Also, I personally find that if I use the brush that it comes with, it shows up better than using any of my MAC, Trish, BB, etc. blush brushes. But for daily wear, I really prefer blushes that are a cooler pink and one that is more pigmented ... however, I do like to reach for this on days/casual weekends where I want to look like I'm only wearing the slightest hint of blush and don't mind if it wears off a bit. It's one of those products that I like too much to let go of eventhough it isn't the most practial for me. It doesn't show up that well on my NC25/C3 yellow-toned asian skin, but I can see Dandelion being perfect for someone with less strong yellow undertones and very pale skin.

on 1/29/2007 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this for years along with the Hoola bronzer. I will always have a place in my heart for it, but I had to end it's use because of my oily skin (I use bareMinerals now). It is a FABULOUS skin brightener/blush. I'd even use it on my eyelids.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

this blush is not really blush at all on darker skin, but it does do a great job brightening. i am olive, and i can put this all over without looking flushed at all, but i do look a lot less sallow. for olive skin, this is more of a corrective powder, and it does a great job, but if you are looking for a blush, go with a darker shade. the packaging also gets a little messy, but you will never run out of it!

on 1/26/2007 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have very very fair skin and I love this product. I was wishy washy about buying it because of the price, but i believe it well worth it. I have already tried the Georgia Peach and it was way way too orange on me. It brightens up my skin, although i hated the brush that came with. I tossed that in favor of just using a kabuki type brush. The price for me was 12 dollars due to my using a return credit for a sweater at Macy's. Even if i paid full price, i'd still buy it again. After using this product, for the first time in my life i got a compliment on my skin!

on 1/24/2007 8:53:00 PM

I don't understand the raves. It's a pale pink blush. I have pale skin and find it to be an acceptable blush. But I would not use it all over my face (chin and forehead, as recommended by Benefit) -- it would make me look like a clown. Very expensive for just a blush.

on 1/22/2007 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the coolest product I've ever bought. The package is awesome, the color is perfect for just about everyone and you can use it as a highlighter or blush (I use it as blush). And, it lasts forever! I've had this stuff for going on three years now and I've still got 1/3 left. It's a must have and eventhough it's expensive, it's worth it!

on 1/21/2007 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i just busted open my dandelion powder last night and was pleased. I am super fair so i will most likely be using this as a blush, not a highlighter. i brushed some on my eyes as a shadow base as well and it looked very very pretty. i also used it on my temples and chin. looked very nice. love the packaging (i don't take much makeup with me when i leave the house), love the brush, and the feel and smell are very nice.

on 1/21/2007 6:17:00 AM

LOVE this highlighting powder. Wakes my skin up. A box will last a LONG time

This is the best blush ever! It really is a highlighting powder but it gives a great glow. It really isn't all that light. I would DEFINITELY try before I buy.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products