September 20, 2014 | 1777 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't see much changes it does to my face. I think it fits very very fair skin tone, not yellow-toned color like mine.
It doesn't smell anything particular but the brush glides on skin smoothly. The packaging is cute, as like all other BeneFit products. I end up swapping it away and then I get Georgia. Another gone case, totally disappears on me. I'm a NC25. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2006 4:22:00 AM More reviews by bananas726

This is a fantastic color! The packaging is adorable, too! But, the main problem is the lasting power. It disappears within 2 hours. I hope I can find a different blush that's the same shade but better lasting power!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by arianell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I was worried that BeneFit's Dandelion would be too "pink" for my slightly olive skintone. I was pleased to find that the color is subtle enough to look great as either a blush or an all-over complexion brightener. The powder contains just the right amount of shimmer (barely noticeable, but makes you look slightly glowy), and I LOVE the wide brush that comes with the product. At first I thought $26 was a bit much, but it lasts forever. Definitely a great beauty investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2006 1:06:00 PM More reviews by everose

Sigh. I absolutely love this color. It is a pale, delicate pink that looks great on PPP skin. And what's more, it comes with a terrific brush. It's a unique shape, kind of a broad rectangle, but it works very nicely.

However, it KILLS me that it comes in a bulky cardboard box. They made a great color and they sell it with a brush that works, and because of that it would be a great portable blush if it were not for the fact that the box is the size of my damn fist.

If they make it in a flat compact someday, I'll buy it forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by daylightwilight

I have been wanting this in the back of my mind since it came out, but every opportunity I had to buy it, I managed to talk myself out of it ('it's a color I could find anywhere'-'I won't be able to travel with it in that packaging'-'it looks so powdery, it probably won't look natural'-'it's so over-hyped, hype products are never worth it' etc.) but finally, my SO ended up buying it for me after he saw me pick it up and put it back down about 4 times in Sephora. Thank Goodness!! This has become a total staple for me.
At first, I thought all of my doubts were true-- the first day I wore it, I was slightly underwhelmed, it was pretty, but $26 worth of pretty? My mind changed when I looked in the mirror later that day- "wow, my skin looks so good! that acne medication must really be kicking in" I was all glowy and pretty- my cheeks looked flawless BUT upon closer inspection (as in 2'' from the mirror) I realized my skin was the same- it was the Blush. Along with curling my eyelashes and applying a bit of undereye concealer, Benefit Dandelion is a rushing-out-the-door-no-time-for-makeup MUST HAVE for me.
I'm very pale (casper's-long-lost-sister pale.) and cool so just a swipe with the brush that's included on the apples of my cheeks up to my temples and I'm set, it perks my face up instantly but naturally. For an extra boost I often use it to highlight a different blush (such as Lancome Pink Pool or NARS Orgasm or Desire) I could never use it as an all-over face powder but with the right skintone, this is a gorgeous blush- I say give it a test drive, it won't work for everyone (but if it does, WOW!) continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the color of this product, it really is the perfect pink. Ballerina-ish but a bit darker. But Dandelion, along with Georgia, seem to oxidize on my face, and take on an orange hue by the end of the day. My face isnt super oily, but I am suspecting that the oil is causing this problem. Also, the packaging makes the product barely useful, the square box is almost too tiny to fit a brush into! But i gave this to my sister, and she loves it, so I am glad I didnt have to throw it away!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2006 11:15:00 AM More reviews by purplegirlie

The packaging is cute and inspired, but completely impractical; that's why I took off a lippie. The product itself is great on my fair, fair skin--but I would imagine it's a little too light for darker skin tones. Though it seems like a small box, it lasts seemingly FOREVER, and I use it pretty much every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2006 7:36:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this blush a lot, it gives a very pretty pinky blush color, it's light enough to build and doesn't go on dark or streaky, it shows up well on my MAC NC30-35 skin. I like everything about the packaging, it will last a very long time but I don't use the blush brush it comes with. It's nice they give you one, though in case you have to port this around. I think it's overpriced for what you get. I think you could find a comparable color with MAC that would be a lot cheaper and last very long, too. Still, the color is extremely pretty and I'm not willing to part with mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2006 4:21:00 AM More reviews by shirlh

I also bought this based on many wondrous reviews. Personally, I find this product overhyped. It works as a blush for me, and that's it.

Lovely colour, adorable (but impractical) packaging, and nice fragrance. But not likely to re-purchase. Given the quantity, wonder if I will ever get around to finishing it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 1:58:00 AM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really don't understand the high reviews for this product. It is nothing more than an ordinary drugstore quality blush. The packaging is cute and very typical BeneFit. But, the product itself looks very powdery and chalky and just sits on top of the skin. I am very PPP so it definitely shows up on my skin. I can't imagine how anyone can use this as an "all-over highlighter". IMO you would look like you had just dusted pink powder all over your face rather than the "dull to radiant" look that the company claims you'll get. It just reminds me of a cheap Maybelline or CG blush except it costs $26.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No