October 23, 2014 | 912 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by sophiecl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After years of using Urban Decay Primer Potion, I finally became fed up with the impractical packaging and switched over to Too Faced Shadow Insurance. The quality of this product is great. The texture of the primer is really nice. It's silky and smooth without feeling greasy. A little goes a long way, so this tube will definitely last me a long time. It sets in about a minute so you don't have to wait long to put your eye make-up on after applying this. Just a small amount makes the color of my eyeshadow on my eyes truer to the color in the pot. For me it had lasted up to 18 hours without creasing, and maybe would have lasted even longer if I hadn't wiped of my make-up and went to bed. I don't know if I'd say that this product is any better or worse than Urban Decay Primer Potion, they're both great, but I prefer Too Faced Shadow Insurance because of the packaging. You can get all the product out without cutting open the bottle so you get your money's worth without all of the work. Also being able to squeeze the product out of a tube is more sanitary than using the same wand and dipping it in the bottle over and over again. It's not expensive or cheap compared to other primers of its caliber. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is my HG primer and I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by robbyn7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the packaging of this product versus UD but unfortunately after a few hours my oily lids start to crease. I really wanted this to work because of the convenient tube but I have to use U.D. if I'll be wearing shadow for more than 4hrs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this is a great primer. I've tried most primers both DS and H/E and this seems to be the only one that does a great job of stopping my very oily lids from creasing.

I don't feel that it does a great job of making colors more vibrant. However, my concern is that the shadow doesn't just wash away, and doesn't crease throughout the day.

You can get a mini of this at ULTA for $8 - I recc that if you want to try it out without committing to the $17 for full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by maryxsweets

I love the packaging on this product, as compared to UDPP. It works well and doesn't crease. I have somewhat dry oily eyelids. Since I'm Asian, my eye crease isn't that pronounced, so eyeshadows tend to crease. But not this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by rachaellin

Love this eyeshadow primer! I'm a table games dealer and I look down at the table and cards at work so I need my eye makeup to look fresh and beautiful all night and this stuff works! I also wear it alone sometime for a nice clean neutral natural look. I don't really like the smell though and sometimes it comes out watery like ketchup when you don't shake it before squeezing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by foltmanns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a week and love it. I was using UDPP and decided not to re-purchase because of the packaging. I loathe it...and I refuse to risk cutting off a hand trying to split the bottle open to get what I figure is $8 dollars worth of product that will go to waste because of the silly packaging. Anyway, Too Faced Shadow Insurance gets the job done, my shadows stay put until I remove my makeup, and that's a good 15-16 hours later from when I applied it. I will definitely repurchase this product over and over. Highly recommend. Oh...and there is NO creasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Symin116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

-For me, this product outlasted Urban Decay's Primer Potion
-I have oily lids and this keeps my shadow in place all day
-Packaging surpasses UD, this is a tube vs. doe footed bottle
-Works for eyeliner top and bottom
-Cost is $17 for .35oz vs. UD $18 .34 and can't easily reach all the product
-Sheer nude color

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by nefertachris

I have oily lids and SI works well for me. Before my eyeshadow used to crease after a couple of hours but now that I use this primer it stays in place all day. Although for some reason my eyeshadow does crease a little sometimes, but maybe it is because I don't apply enough product.
Overall, I am very pleased with TFSI

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i've never actually bought urban decay primer potion, but have used a lot of samples. based on my experiences with UD, i thought i didn't actually need an eyeshadow primer.

this stuff is almost scary to use. you put it on your eyes, apply your eye makeup, and thereafter your eye makeup looks almost exactly like it did when you applied it in the morning.

the thing i don't like is that it definitely necessitates an oil-based eye makeup remover. normally i can get away with swiping one of those ponds towelettes over my face at night, but there's no way one of those ponds towelettes would take my makeup off after using this stuff. not even exaggerating a little bit!

whoever does their marketing and decided that they should give out maxi-sized samples with sephora orders should get a huge raise! you've effectively created a sort of make-up crack-cocaine. i imagine tons of women will not want to be without this product after trying it. fully intending on buying a full-size after i use up my sample (which could take ages.)

oh and the PACKAGING! i love the very-small applicator tip as it allows you to get out just enough product for both eyes and no more. much more efficient than the UD primer potion packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was previously using Urban Decay Primer Potion before I got to try this. I like this much better! It's easier to blend around the eye area and the consistency is softer than Urban Decay. It makes my eyesshadow and eyeliner glide on smoothly. Cheaper and better than UDPP. Also, the packaging is in a tube, so the product is always clean.