August 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i've never actually bought urban decay primer potion, but have used a lot of samples. based on my experiences with UD, i thought i didn't actually need an eyeshadow primer.

this stuff is almost scary to use. you put it on your eyes, apply your eye makeup, and thereafter your eye makeup looks almost exactly like it did when you applied it in the morning.

the thing i don't like is that it definitely necessitates an oil-based eye makeup remover. normally i can get away with swiping one of those ponds towelettes over my face at night, but there's no way one of those ponds towelettes would take my makeup off after using this stuff. not even exaggerating a little bit!

whoever does their marketing and decided that they should give out maxi-sized samples with sephora orders should get a huge raise! you've effectively created a sort of make-up crack-cocaine. i imagine tons of women will not want to be without this product after trying it. fully intending on buying a full-size after i use up my sample (which could take ages.)

oh and the PACKAGING! i love the very-small applicator tip as it allows you to get out just enough product for both eyes and no more. much more efficient than the UD primer potion packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was previously using Urban Decay Primer Potion before I got to try this. I like this much better! It's easier to blend around the eye area and the consistency is softer than Urban Decay. It makes my eyesshadow and eyeliner glide on smoothly. Cheaper and better than UDPP. Also, the packaging is in a tube, so the product is always clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by bsanderson

I have very oily skin and four hours after I've applied my eye makeup I find it has creased and come off. I had given up even wearing eye shadow as the effect never lasted and I had to reapply often. Even liquid eyeliners would start to leave a mark above my crease.

I thought I'd try an eye primer and wanted Urban Decay's, but it was out of stock at my local makeup store and gave TFSI a try instead. A month later and I am so impressed! Even when I'm in hot, sticky equatorial countries my makeup goes on in the morning and is still there over twelve hours later whilst the rest of my face is covered in oil.

A small dab with fingertips left to dry, a dusting of pressed powder and then my eye makeup. A lippie off because I have to wait for it to dry and makeup has to be layered on and blended well. The tube packaging is hygienic (unlike UD) but there's not much of it. To be fair though a little goes a long way and for this the price is reasonable. I'd definitely recommend this and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by elmatic

I have very oily lids and whilst I don't usually wear eyeshadows, I do use eyeliner and this has made it lasts without smudging or giving me panda eyes. I would usually apply my make up around 7am each day and would get home around 7 or 8pm so a good 12 hrs or so and everything is still in place.

It's around AUD$35 and a word of warning for anyone who is tempted to apply this under your concealer (as the Kit MUA suggested), DO NOT DO THIS!! I tried this once and it was an absolute disaster, the primer solidified the concealer after a few minutes and made it lighter and pretty much hightlighted the area in an incredibly horrendous way. I had to take all my make up off start over again. Also, not sure if this correct but the MUA also said that the expiry date is 3 months from when it's first opened. As the tube is fairly small and I've been using it everyday, hopefully it should last before then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin, and this primer makes up eyeshadow last all day! I'm really impressed with the results and how long this primer lasts. The only problem I have is the formula tends to separate, so parts of it may seem watery. I haven't noticed that lately when I've used this primer though. I definitely recommend this to anyone with creasing issues like I do.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by msthang81

I bought this and UDPP to see which one is better. I definitely like this packaging better, but the actual product was so-so. I liked how it makes e/s last longer but because I have asian eyes my shadow still creases in my fold (I don't think any primer will help with that!). What I really didn't like about it was that after some time, the product starts separating - the 'cream' part would be kind of mushy and oil squirts out. I tried shaking it a few times but it would still come out like that.
Besides the separating of the product and the cost, I like how it wasn't drying and that it comes in a tube. But I'll probably won't repurchase and find another primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by strawberrynkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't used the UDPP, but I remember pick Two Face over that because the eye shadow color showed up more vibrant than compared to the UDPP. I don't use this regularly, only when I know I'm out all day. Although, I do see a difference on the days that I forget to use it. I do have to say that it does start to crease after 8 hours, but I think it works even better if you have less oily lids. I think next time I will try the UDPP, but I will definitely repurchase this too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by diablitanoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome! I have oily skin and my eyelids especially get oily but Shadow Insurance makes my eyeshadow and liquid liner stay put all day and night! I can't say enough about it. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by crys72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wonderful primer! I have oily lids and this is most definately one of the best primers out there. The only problem I have with it is that it should be in a pot...however the packaging is still waay better than UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by lautjuh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have got pretty oily eyelids, but this product really works for me. It doesn't last all day long. but deffinitly an entire school day wich works for me. the packaging (my english isn't very good, sorry :)) is very good. the product won't dry out fast in the tube.
the colors look really pretty and do look nicer.
overall I really like the product but I wish the shadow would crease a little later. but it does last around 9-10 hours