BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 11/27/2008 9:56:00 PM

I only have a miniature version of this highlighter in a kit but I really like it. It has lasted me a very long time.

I usually apply this to my cheeks using my fingers or Mac 187 brush.

I recommend this and will most likely re purchase once I use up some other brands of highlighters I have!

on 11/23/2008 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The ultimate highlighter for a PPP like me! I've had lots of highlighters in the past - from the Stila powder ones to a decent white liquid Clinique one - but this is my new HG. It's the ideal shade of pale pink, you only need a little bit, and it looks extremely natural in and out of photographs. It wakes up the skin and is subtle enough to wear everyday, but striking enough for parties when used in larger amounts. It doesn't sink into pores or lines, shockingly! The price is good, I love the bottle and brush applicator, it applies evenly, and it doesn't break me out. What's not to love?

on 11/21/2008 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty standard universal highlighter. I personally donít like it very much because I have oily skin and it tends to absorb this so by the end of the day the nice dewy glow that I had is gone and replaced by an oily mess! I am also not too fond of the packaging. It could have been done so much better. On the other hand, this will pretty much last you forever since you only need a teensy bit to glow. Iíd recommend it for dry skinned chicas.
UPDATE: OK, so... I've started using this as a highlighter under my brows and it looks amazing! I'm going to upgrade this from 2 lippies to 4 lippies. The reason I won't give it 5 is because High Beam only looks good on my brow bones so its use as a highlighter is very limited.

on 11/19/2008 1:37:00 AM

I love High Beam! I have a small sample from a kit that is still going! Only problem with buying the big one is I don't like the applicator as much as on the sample!

on 11/15/2008 9:54:00 PM

This pretty pearly pink highlighter is great for summer, if your looking for a minimal make up look - or just want to epmhasise your cheek bones.

The bottle is a little useless and the applicator brush (it's literally like a nail polish bottle and it isn't the best tool to apply it with).

I dab the tiniest amount on my fingertips and just pat it along my cheekbones, down my nose, on the inner corners of my eyes and a little on my brow bone - I even think you'd could use it really really really sparingly on your temples too!

Repeat - you do not need to use alot at all, start with a small amount and work your way up if you need anymore - but most likely you will not.

I tend to apply this highlighter after I have applied my foundation, It blends better that way. To set the look I would reccomend a really light dusting of powder.

It's a little pricey for what it is - but I'd happily buy it again - but from the looks of it I can tell this is going to last me for ages.

on 11/9/2008 8:58:00 PM

Great little highlighter! Looks great on the cheekbones with some blush underneath or works great as a highlighter for the brow bone. Cute packaging but a little inconvienient to use!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been to Benefit many times and tried this on, but never made the plunge and purchased it. I always figured it wasn't a necessary product, more of a novelty. Well, the other day, I was going there for something else and decided I'd finally buy it. I am so happy I did. I have blonde hair with blue eyes, with medium tanned skin, and this stuff looks amazing on! It gives me that dewy, very moisturized, perfect skin, glow! I use it on my cheek bones, cupids bow, and the inner corners on my eyes, and maybe a slight bit down my nose. I apply it before I use my blush and it makes that stand out too. I will always have this stuff around now... it's a lovely product! And the glimmer isn't glittery and gaudy, it's soft and subtle. And a little goes a LONG way! It just makes you look finished and healthy and beautiful! Yesss!

Edit: Since I've been using this, I've had SO many compliments on "how great I look". My friends say, "Wow, you look so pretty today, you're glowing!" - just a touch, and I get dewy, healthy looking skin! This is becoming one of my HG have to have products! LOVE IT!

on 10/27/2008 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Got this for free as a deluxe sample for redeeming beauty points and hate it. It does not go on smoothly and is not worth the price.

on 10/22/2008 2:34:00 PM

I LOVE this product!! I have very fair/white skin, but sometimes it can be red in spots (I'm of Irish descent). I love for my skin to look super smooth and glowing. When I am applying my foundation, I put some of the Benefit High Beam on my face at the same time and blend it all together. The High Beam gives my skin a subtle sheen, without looking like "glitter" or anything like that. In addition, the pale pinkish/white color of High Beam ends up making my skin look a tad bit whiter overall, and thereby minimizing any redness. This is a product I always make sure I NEVER run out of.

My only "complaint" would be that sometimes the very end bits of the product end up getting stuck on the inside of the glass bottle, and there is no way to reach it with the applicator brush.

on 10/22/2008 1:37:00 PM

BeneFit products are amazing, but you have to apply this right. I use mainly BeneFit makeup apart from my foundation (Chanel), which I only use if I'm having a bad day or something. This is defo the best highlighter ever!! It just looks so beautiful, natural, and I love the word BeneFit uses - ethereal! I really does look lovely, but you mustn't use too much. I don't know what its like all over your face, as I only use a little teensy bit on my cheeks, cos I hate hate hate to look like I'm wearing makeup. I wouldn't dare put it anywhere near my t zone like some people do because thats where I get oily skin, but it really does give you a perfectly natural, radiant glow that just makes you look like you naturally have it! I dno how other people use it but maybe some people don't like it because they use to much or put it in the wrong place, but I think a little bit on the cheeks after blush (posietint for me!) looks so lovely. Buy it!! (:

Video Reviews & Tutorials