BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 1/19/2009 6:51:00 PM

I am so glad I decided to give this highlighter a go, because it is really worth it.
I have fair, NW15 skin and it really helps to highlight, define, and contour my cheekbones and browbones. I also like to dot a little bit on the inner corner of my eyes to brighten them up a bit.
The formula is very easy to blend, and has a pearly pink, satiny finish that really compliments my skin tone. It gives your skin a glowy, luminescent appearance that really brings your look up a notch.
A little bit goes a long way with this stuff, so I can imagine that it will last a long time. Once I run out, though, I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/18/2009 5:51:00 PM

Definitely my HG! Gives my ppp skin a very nice glow. It also looks really natural. No glitter at all which is a huge plus for me. A little does goes a long way!The creamy formula works well with my dry skin. Love, love, love it!

on 1/16/2009 12:12:00 AM

I instaneously fell in love with this product! My first Benefit purchase and I am very pleased. I was running on 4 hrs of sleep last night, so after reading all the reviews here I dashed to Sephora ($24 USD). I look and feel like a Disney princess. I'm not a big fan of shimmer in any of my daytime makeup products. This is hands down the best highlighter, it doesnt look overdone either. Less is definitely more in this case. I used MAC eyeshadow to highlight my brow bone, but that didnt look as natural as HB. It is very sheer and iridescent when it comes to contact on the skin. It lasted quite a while too. After a 2 hr. gym workout session, afterwards I came out still looking bright with a hint of glow. This price is quite steep, but little goes a long way, and I could see this lasting for at least a year. Gotta try it girls!

Also** do you ladies recommend Benefit's eye bright pencil on top of it? Do these have to go hand in hand or will I be fine just using HB alone? Input is appreciated...Contact me. Thanks in advance!

on 1/15/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product! i hesitated for ages about buying it as its 15, but after reading reviews on here i went for it! it leaves a gorgeous shimmer to your face, not too obvious. some reviews have said its too bright and too obvious however i did not find this. its very expensive for a highlighter, and i have similar products (a barry m body shimmer) that do a similar job for a third of the price, however this product is slightly better. i would definitely reccommend if you can afford. ifnot try barry m's body creme shimmer range.

on 1/12/2009 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love High Beam and use it almost every day! I dot it along my brow bones and along the top of my cheek bones in the shape of a big C. This product gives my NC15 skin a nice glow and highlights my bone structure without looking over the top or overly unnatural. I find the nail polish bottle-like applicator easy to use (and very cute!). I will repurchase this product again for sure! I just wish BeneFit products were easier to find in my town....

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this as a deluxe sample from Sephora, and wow, it's amazing stuff. I started out not really sure about the best way to use it (because I typically don't use highlighters; I'm very minimalistic when it comes to my makeup), but I've found that mixing a bit of this in with my moisturizer gives me fantastic results. I get a very nice, dewy glow on my face. I get sooo many compliments on my complexion since I've started using this. Once my sample runs out, I'll be purchasing more!

on 1/11/2009 12:30:00 AM

I don't think it's that useful. Any eyeshadow highlight color can mimick the effect of this product. Besides this is liquid and not as easy to control the amount. I returned mine to Sephora.

on 1/9/2009 10:37:00 PM

This is a pinkish based highlighter, so it will work best if you have a cool skin tone. If your skin is warmer, you will do better to try Moon beam, same thing but more of a peachy base. This blends in well and the shimmer is very soft, not too harsh or glittery.

on 1/3/2009 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received a deluxe sample from my local shoppers drug mart after expressing interest in it. I am so happy with this product. Perfect pearly sheer highlight. I might even buy a fullsize once I am done with my sample. Nice stuff and hasn't caused me to break out! A+

on 12/31/2008 10:47:00 PM

This product is AMAZING! I put it on the highest park of my cheekbone, just under the eye, and i LOVE the look it gives. i layer on sort of a lot, so its really shimmery/metallic like. It just gives my face this 'glow' Would DEFFINATLY buy again! I tried mixing it with my liquid foundation and the results are FANTASTIC!! It gives your skin tone this overall glow and it makes my foundation appear smoother and creamier and just overall, makes me look pretty darn good haha. I read an idea from a lovely MUAer that she mixed this in with her lotion, so i decided to try it and WOW!!! this is SOOOO amazing. it makes my skin look so shimmery and glowy (in a good way) i use high beam for everything. For my liquid foundation, on top of cheekbones, in lotion. will buy over and over again

Video Reviews & Tutorials