August 1, 2014 | 1960 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG base! I always use Ulta's nude colored eye shadow base and Painterly on top of that. I love Painterly, it's the most gorgeous nude color, it's the perfect base. Plus, with the amount you get, it lasts forever! I have a few paint pots and Painterly by far is my favorite and the only one I will run back to repurchase. It goes on very smooth and it's super creamy. I find that it hugs my eyelids and makes eyeshadows go on better. A must have if you don't have this already!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by laurennyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ran across this product in search of an eyeshadow that will actually stay on my skin. This product lasts all day. Sometimes I use it as a base and put one of my favorite powder shadows on top, and it makes that stay all day! The product was difficult to use, since I have always used powder shadows which go on smooth, delicately, and with the same consistency. The consistency of this product is like a stiff cream. It pulls and tugs the eyelids, which I am not a fan of, but since I started using a brush it doesn't pull nearly as much and goes on much lighter. Overall, it's a great product that takes a lot of practice to learn how to use. You might feel like giving up and pitching it, but if you have probems with eyeshadows creasing it's worth the effort of learning how to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by SandraBonita

I decided to try this product instead of my usual MAC paints in a tube that I swear by and I actually prefer the paint pot better. The consistency and quality of the product is identical to the paints in a tube, but I prefer the jar better because you can use it sparingly. One of my complaints about the Paints when you squeeze the tube is the initial time you open it, air pushes out too much product and you tend to squeeze out more product than you need and waste it with each use. With the pots, you only use the amount of product you needing my dabbing in your concealer brush. I will not wear eyeshadow without one of these MAC products ever! This is the best product on the market to avoid eyeshadow creasing and is must staple product! Your eyeshadow will last all day without creasing or flaking regardless of the weather climate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

I actually only became interested in this product after seeing EnKore's (Makeup YouTube guru) video on concealing dark undereye circles. I have to say mine are some of the worse around and when I don't wear something to cover them up, people always ask me if I got any sleep or if I'm coming down with something, lol!I don't wear MAC foundations but I am guessing I'm in the range of NC35 and this does work pretty well with my skintone to provide a base for another concealer. I actually started just using this instead of an additional concealer and it seems to work just as well. I like the texture; thick but not too heavy and not so fine that I feel like it melts or gradually disappears. I haven't tried it yet as an eyeshadow base but I've heard from many others it does well as that too especially if you wear mineral eyeshadows. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

so far i'm loving it. didn't crease on me and made my eyeshadow last as a base. my hg is UD primer but i'm hoping this will replace it since there's so much more products. i'll continue to use it and update...but so far i'm loving it.
UPDATE: nope. sorry. this is nothing compared to udpp. udpp makes my shadows more pigmented..and it truly does not crease. this made my shadows crease. =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

Painterly has quickly become a staple item for me. I do not have oily lids and have only had creasing problems with certain shadows. I wanted a base to solve the creasing problems I did have, to make shadows easier to blend, and to give an even color. This product does all of this. My eye makeup lasts all day for me (16 hours plus) with no creasing and minimal fading.
I am very fair and cooler toned (I am guessing around NW15 in the summer). This color is a very close match and gives a my-lids-but-better look. I sometimes put this in the whole eye area to even out the appearance, but I think it is maybe the teeniest bit too dark for the brow-bone area. I sometimes use a synthetic brush to apply to my lids, but I normally just use my fingers.
I chose Painterly over Bare Canvas and Bare Study because I did not want shimmer and I think Painterly is more versatile.
I find this well worth the money because it suits my coloring and needs perfectly and because I know I will use this up (although I only need a little bit at a time.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

Ok, I really like the staying power of this, as I used it primarily for an eyeshadow primer. But as a tan/medium colored girl (Ref: MAC NW 40, Chanel 7.0, MUFE F&B #6), this stuff makes me look even darker (which is something I don't prefer..)
So I will give it the packaging and staying power lippies it deserves, and it is even priced really well..as for the color..I wish there was something that was more of my skin color...will not repurchase.
***UPDATE: I really love this as a primer, I lightened up a bit and it is a great base for eye make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by CStan

Had to finally write my first review because I love this product so much. I've used other eyeshadow bases (Clinique, Too Faced, etc.) and this is by far my favorite. Doesn't dry my lids, and in this (non) color doesn't change the color of my lids - does a perfect job creating a base and keeping my eyeshadow on all day. A must for a big day or darker look. Will definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this product. It matches my skin tone perfectly and is the perfect base/concealer for all my eyeshadows. I put UDPP or Too Faced over this and my eyeshadows last all day. On low-maintenance days, I wear only Painterly and it covers all my eyelid flaws. I also own Perky and Groundwork. Painterly is the only one of the 3 that I can spread with my finger, it is creamier than the other 2. I consider Painterly to be more of a base or concealer, not really a shadow since it matches my skin tone, doesn't provide any color. I love it and use almost every day...I don't find this drying at all for my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by kookykabooky

Wow, I am so happy I finally bought this! My eyelids are very discolored(reddish purple) from allergies, thin skin, aging, heredity, etc. Lucky me! Every shadow I use never looks good because the shadow color is overpowered by my 'colorful' lids. Anyway, this product covers all that mess up like nobody's business and it is not greasy like some eyeshadow primers are (Laura Geller for example.) I also appreciate that the color is very neutral, so cool and warm toned gals can use this. I never liked the yellowish tone that some other lines claim looks natural (Laura Geller, BE, Benefit, to name a few I've tried). When I applied it, I noticed how dry it was and a little difficult to get out of the pot using my finger, but in the end, that dryness is what makes it last so long. It does not crease, and I actually used it all around my entire eye area (after applying Fast Response eye cream). Painterly works for me as an undereye concealer as well. I wanted to see how long this stuff would last - put it on yesterday, applied pencil liner over it, and didn't wash it off last night, and it's still on (the liner too)!! HG! Thank you MAC!