MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 1/16/2009 11:14:00 PM

I love how this is very close to my natural skin color and if I don't need to wear my eyeshadows more than 8 hours or so I use this as my go to base. However, I found after 8 hours my eyeshadows crease. I do have slightly oily lids so this is understandable. I used UDPP as my HD base but I find that my eyeshadows don't blend easily so I put this paint pot on top of my UDPP and my shadows blend so easily and last more than 12 hours. It seems like a lot to go through for a eyeshadow base, but with the paint pot a little goes a long way so you do get your moneys worth.

on 1/16/2009 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This paint pot is my "go to" eyelid primer every day. No matter if I am waking up at 4am to go work a shift or how little time I have to put on makeup.. I slap this paint pot on my lids, dust some eyeshadow on and line my eyes. It has stopped my oily lid problem! It is flesh toned for my NC25 skin.. it actually may be more neutral cream color than my face, but it hides any discoloration on my lids very well. I've used UDPP and Too Faced shadow insurance. I think UDPP works well, but I refuse to buy it again until they make the tube non genie in a bottle like so I don't have to spend time cutting the bottle and putting it in a jar. That's just ridiculous. TFSI did not work for my greasy lids.
The paint pot comes in a glass jar with a black screw on lid. It takes forever to go through--I'm not a makeup artist, but I do know that this is the only product that effectively keeps my waterproof.. (yes, I even have problems with waterproof smearing) eyeliner on my upper lash line, and not smeared down on the bottom of my eyes by the end of the day. This is fabulous! Add it to your collection. It is definately going to last you a long time!!

on 1/15/2009 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a HG base for my NC30 lids. I find the best way to apply this is with my fingers to warm up the product, and spread a thin layer onto my lids. I've also tried using this as a concealer and it blends well with my skintone. Love it =)

after all im hearing about the painterly paint pot, i finally bought it and its OK.
I mean i like it. its not as great as UDPP, but its good.
I use it as my base when using my basic neutral eyeshadows only but it just takes a bit more longer for me to blend my other eyeshadows quite right.
its pretty creamy/matte which is ok. most likely i will buy it again. but i think ill have enough to last for a really good while.

on 1/8/2009 8:22:00 PM

This is one of two products I use as a base for eyeshadows. I do like this, but it doesn't thrill me. I usually use this when I am doing a more neutral/natural look and I want my eyes to have an even skin-toned look underneath. I apply with my finger in a thin layer ( I think that is key for not creasing) and it seems to work fine. It does feel a little drying to me and I don't think I could use this everyday..mostly I use UDPP.
I actually like the packaging and that I am able to get at all the product unlike UDPP.

on 1/8/2009 1:14:00 PM

I like it!

Usage:
I use this as a base for a clean and sharp eyeliner look. I use it with an eyeshadow base (shadow insurance TF),so it will stay put.

Pros:
-Nice color, pinky beige nude color.
-Blendable.
-Makes my black eyeliner more intense.
-You get a lot of product.
- I can use my fingers to apply the product.

Cons:
- Creases
- Matt formula. It looks a bit cackey on my skin.
- Everyhing that goes on top of the paintpot will be hard to blend.
-The packaging is bulky. Glass. Heavy for just 5 grm/0.17 oz of product.
(- The color is not a great base for my light olive skin. Not really a con, because it isnt an eyeshadow base or benefits lemon-aid )

Conclusion:
This product is not a great eyeshadow. Because it creases. Its is also not a great eyeshadow base. Because the shadow wont blend very well+ crease. It does make the color POP. Its an oke product. But will not repurchase!

on 1/6/2009 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Before Painterly, I just used my concealer to even out my lid. But now I use painter + UDPP to keep eyeshadow in place and as for a base for an even skin color on my eyelid. I really like it, even though I was not used to how sticky and matte it felt on my eyelid, but it does a good job at making the shadows pop and staying put! I really like this product because I have oily lids and the stickiness of painterly helps my shadows adhere better to my lid. I think it lives up to the hype!

on 1/2/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

not really impressed. i dont like the color for me and it's too thick.

on 1/2/2009 7:09:00 PM

Absolute must have. Matte flesh toned color, slightly pinkish (but my eye lids are like that so - prefect). At first formula was quite drying, but after 2-3 times applying (finger) it turned more creamy. I do not how I lived without this one. Perfect color for my skin tone (NC25). Makes every eye shadow more vibrant, more true to itís color. My eye shadow last all day. Must have. Repurchase it, over, over and over again.

on 1/2/2009 3:14:00 AM

I use this everyday and by far 100% better then udpp - its creamy stays on all day dosent dry or flake off like other primers from other companys :) its perfect.