April 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't want to love this powder so much, cause the packaging makes me want to die, but it is truly excellent. I did take one point off for the beyond-bizarre compact design, otherwise I'd have given this a strong 5. The lightest shade exactly matches my skin, and doesn't turn chalky or orange like every other powder I've tried. I love the puff- it almost feels like chamois. very soft. I'm going to try & depot this powder & transfer it to an old compact, cause I'm really not digging this swivel BS.

This is a very light-coverage powder, it's more of a setting powder than anything else. This really provides zero coverages, it just mattifies the face. Which is exactly what I was looking for, so I love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had very high hopes for this based on the great reviews here, but I was a bit dissappointed. I don't mind the slightly bulky package, as packaging doesn't really matter to me. I got this in Target, and the color selection was very limited, I am light/medium Asian skin tone that tans fairly easily, so i got this in Medium 01. It is an ok match for me, not perfect, but nothing too bad. I tried applying this with the puff it came with, and also with a brush. It is very very light, very soft, goes on fairly smooth, which I like. It's not a foundation powder, more like a setting powder. When worn alone, it provides light coverage, it just sort of evens out my skin tone a bit, but doesn't really cover any blemishes or anything. It's not completely matte, but it does keep me pretty oil free for a few hours, so it's great. What I don't like about it is it really exaggerates my pores. Usually I use Revlon colorstay and it makes my face virtually poreless. but with this, I feel like I can see every pore on my cheek. I won't repurchase this because I don't need an extra setting powder (I use the elf HD powder and I love it). I think for ladies that are slightly oily and just need a light setting powder, this would be a good buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by chi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

the feel of this powder reminds me of angelfit which i love but this has a more weird smell on it (angelfit p/f has almost unnoticeable scent) . it is better with a sponge than with its puff.
    no spf but it think this'll do for setting spf / foundie on.
    the packaging is cute.
    would buy again for midday touch ups but never as a stand alone product in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a medium, golden/yellow toned oily skin. I primarily used this powder as a setting and touch-up powder with my MUFE HD kabuki brush. I did not notice any coverage from this powder so it worked well for me as a setting for my foundation and touch-ups during the day. The powder itself is not completely matte and the texture somewhat satin-like (think of MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural), but not as fine as MAC's. I have this in Medium Beige 2-2.5 and I felt that it was a tad too light for my skin color (and the next color up, which is Honey, I believe is too dark for my skin color). The packaging is different and takes time to get used to, but I didn't mind it as I rarely reached for the puff it came with. I probably wouldn't buy again as I felt this was just another so-so drugstore powder.

For reference, I am a NC 30-35 in MAC, Golden Medium in Bare Escentuals Matte, Shade #40 in MUFE's Mat Velvet + liquid foundation & Punjab in NARS' Sheer Glow liquid foundation.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by VickyNguyen

I'm new to make up and this was light and not cake-y at all. Love it. The shimmers did not bother me. I don't wear it over a long period of time. This stuff is great for teens and it's cheap comparable to the high end brands of course.

Give it a try, I loved it.

True the swivel for the mirror is strange but it definitely caught my eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Joobz2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I use it over my tinted moisturiser and it gives the perfect amount of coverage. The thing I wish they'd improve is the packaging and the puff provided. The case that it is in is a bit awkward to use with the lid flipping upwards and the mirror sliding outwards, it makes it a bit difficult to hold, being the clutz that I am. Also the puff that is supplied is really dodgy and would fall apart after a couple of uses.
    But overall it is really good at mattifying and has stays on really well. I would totally recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by joeynwon

I've always shied away from using powders, foundation, or even concealer on my skin. I just find it all to be too heavy-feeling, as if I'm wearing a mask - but not so with this powder. I'm so amazed at how light it feels against my skin and the nice smooth finish it leaves behind. I use a fairly light hand in applying it, but it still does the job. I'm impressed with it.
    One drawback is that it comes with a really puny round powder pouf. That's easily rectified by my E.L.F. Studio flat top, which works great at applying this powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by loveme4lyfe

this product was a disappointment for me...this is simply a finishing powder! which i guess is my fault i was hoping for pressed powder foundation but i figure this would give some coverage but it really doesnt! it's almost translucent...great if that's what you're looking for...i got this in medium 2-2.5 for reference i'm a nc35 it was too light for me

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

GOOD
    - good color selection
    - easy to blend into skin
    - controls oily skin well
    - light coverage
    - good for senstive/acne skin types --> doesn't seem to plog pores

BAD
    - terrible for any dry skin --> accentuates it terribly
    - slightly drying --> adds to previous problem

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

At first, I bought the hype. I really did think this product was great, but I think I was just saying that because everyone else loved it. That was back in October when I was still relativley new to makeup.
    Now that Im smart enough to actually give my own oppinon towards a product, Ive finally come to terms that this product isnt as amazing as everyone has emphasized.
    YES, this takes away the oil *For The Moment* but within two hours, my forehead and and T Zone has gone back to where it was two hours before. Its not that bad at first, but as the days wears on, I get more oiler and oiler. And as a highschool student, I dont really like to touch up on my powder mainly because i dont think Im solving my problem by just caking on foundation to make my face look less shiny. And I dont wear liquid because i just think thats too heavy, so i mainly rely on this, and unfortuantley, it doesnt reach my expectations. And I think this has been breaking out my forehead and T zone as well, for Ive been getting a few bumps here and there ever since applying this everyday.
    BUT I do like the texture of this powder and how soft and airy it is. But through the course of the day, I feel like my face is just uncomfortable :/
    And for girls who get oily like I do (and are in highschool) This may sound like a REALLY weird tip, but if your bathroom has toilet seat covers, just take one and blot your face with it, it really does remove a lot of oil- free of charge! Haha, I hope this helped you out ladies :)