September 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I grabbed this powder after reading the reviews here. I was looking for a nice matte powder to set my tinted moisturizer. I was shocked when I opened it up and discovered it's sparkly! Really sparkly! I hate sparkly products and avoid them like crazy. I have a baby and I can't stand it when people hug her and leave sparkles on her. Needless to say, I won't be using this. I decided to try it out to see if they were noticable, and when I looked in a mirror outside you could see them. I like the texture and color of this powder, but the shimmer is just too much for a matte powder. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

This is a great powder for a drug store! It's not overly powdery which makes it perfect as a setting powder. The colors are great and it is finely milled so it goes on really smooth. It doesn't look over done at all as it is fairly sheer. It would be perfect in the purse. The package is a bit odd but who cares the product is great and that's what counts!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Great powder. Finely milled, goes on well...I have it in tan and it's great for adding a little bit of color when my f/d is on the light side...and of course as a setting powder to get rid of the oilies. I always have it in my purse...no reason for me to stray!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by MLC1986

I love this as a setting powder over my Bare Minerals Matte foundation... makes my pores look smaller just by dusting a little over my entire face. It can look slightly chalky if you use a lot, just a warning. Great for those with really good skin with little to cover or how I use it. Replaced it with Dream Matte Foundation, which was just too heavy for me (as most liquid foundations seem to be). I do not use the pad it comes with; I use it with a big, soft brush. Yes, the swivel mirror is bizarre, but I don't find it to be a problem. Will buy again!
    EDIT:
    Why does this stuff not come in a wide array of colors? When my skin was much more fair in the winter, the lightest shade was fine... but now with the summer beginning, and a full weekend in the sun, it literally looks like I'm putting chalk on my face. Since I really like this stuff, I think I will go buy it in the next shade up and see if that will work for me in the summer... Ughhh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by alyssaraquel

THE best powder ever! Gives me a light/medium coverage. I use this without foundation and I see a big difference when I have the powder on, which is what I look for in a powder. I would recommend this to everyone and would repurchase again and again. HG powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

When I'm on the go and don't have time to do full foundation, this is my HG! I put my theBalm concealer and powder my face and I'm good to go. It provides medium matte coverage that last 7-8 hours. Best of all, it's so cheap and doesn't make me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lacette1

I've been using this for some time now, and I can finally write a review because it works on my skin. I was using the puff to apply it, and it didn't really work, started looking really cakey not even. Then i tried using my lil kabuki and now its amazing, even. I make sure to exfoiliate and moisturize especially if i'm using RetinA, otherwise this stuff makes any dry patches look awful. I only started using this because of all the reviews on here, so glad I did, now I don't use foundation, just this with a kabuki and some concealer for undereyes, takes away the shine on my face for half of the day - then I retouch with powder I have in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't want to love this powder so much, cause the packaging makes me want to die, but it is truly excellent. I did take one point off for the beyond-bizarre compact design, otherwise I'd have given this a strong 5. The lightest shade exactly matches my skin, and doesn't turn chalky or orange like every other powder I've tried. I love the puff- it almost feels like chamois. very soft. I'm going to try & depot this powder & transfer it to an old compact, cause I'm really not digging this swivel BS.

This is a very light-coverage powder, it's more of a setting powder than anything else. This really provides zero coverages, it just mattifies the face. Which is exactly what I was looking for, so I love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had very high hopes for this based on the great reviews here, but I was a bit dissappointed. I don't mind the slightly bulky package, as packaging doesn't really matter to me. I got this in Target, and the color selection was very limited, I am light/medium Asian skin tone that tans fairly easily, so i got this in Medium 01. It is an ok match for me, not perfect, but nothing too bad. I tried applying this with the puff it came with, and also with a brush. It is very very light, very soft, goes on fairly smooth, which I like. It's not a foundation powder, more like a setting powder. When worn alone, it provides light coverage, it just sort of evens out my skin tone a bit, but doesn't really cover any blemishes or anything. It's not completely matte, but it does keep me pretty oil free for a few hours, so it's great. What I don't like about it is it really exaggerates my pores. Usually I use Revlon colorstay and it makes my face virtually poreless. but with this, I feel like I can see every pore on my cheek. I won't repurchase this because I don't need an extra setting powder (I use the elf HD powder and I love it). I think for ladies that are slightly oily and just need a light setting powder, this would be a good buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by chi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

the feel of this powder reminds me of angelfit which i love but this has a more weird smell on it (angelfit p/f has almost unnoticeable scent) . it is better with a sponge than with its puff.
    no spf but it think this'll do for setting spf / foundie on.
    the packaging is cute.
    would buy again for midday touch ups but never as a stand alone product in the morning.