August 21, 2014 | 1330 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by corinneyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What do you do if you have long, dark lashes...that stick straight out and won't hold a curl to save their little lash lives? If you're me, you try every mascara you can get your hands on (combined with a heated lash curler and lash primer). I have been up and down the mascara gauntlet, and I can only recall one, maybe two, occasions when I purchased the same mascara more than once in a row. Until I happened upon Definicils. Oh, I still try the other mascaras...the drugstore brands, the department store counter brands...I'm almost a mascara whore, trying out any mascara I can get my grubby little hands on, without shame. But I keep coming back to Definicils. I know mascara is a highly personal preference, more so than foundation and skincare, but this is definitely the best mascara I have ever used. Great lengthening effect and little to no dotting on my upper lids (and isn't that what an eyeliner smudger brush if for, other than, well, smudging eyeliner?). But I think the best part of this mascara is that it enables me to view my own lashes head-on, rather than having to do the whole set-up-the-mirrors-at-exact-angles-to-get-a-side-view-of-your-head thing that, frankly, I had become quite adept at but never thought should be something that one becomes adept at. And this amazing effect lasts all day! Not just through the workday all day, but through the workday and dinner with half a bottle of wine and a dance class and shopping day! Amazing feat, that. I will say that the price is a bit steep...$22 for something I'm supposed to be replacing every 4 months (or is it 3 now, or 6...I can't keep up with the sanitary/cosmetic marketing guidelines!) is a bit steep; but I can also say without hesitation that I've never actually *paid* for a tube of Definicils...I collect them from sampling events, GWPs, friends, family, MUA swaps...and I am not above sample grubbing at the Lancome counter (like I said before, I'm shameless). Still, if I had to pay for it (forbid!) I'm sure I would. It's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by kobemax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am actually shocked that this product only gets 57% for the "will buy again" category. This is the best mascara available today bar none, and I have tried many only to keep returning to this one. Long, Long lashes, good thickness but not so much that your lashes look overdone. For those people who say it smudges, I wonder if they are wearing lots of moisturizer without using concealer or putting eyeshadow on. Any mascara will smudge if it comes into direct contact with moisturizer. For a polished face, but a no-makeup look, I apply concealer over upper eyelid and under the eye, after anti-oxidant serum and moisturizing sunscreen (and I really pile it on as the skin in my eye area is very dry). After I use MAC Select Sheer loose powder on the rest of my face, sweep the brush lightly over the eye area - at this point there is almost no powder on the brush but this does seem to "set" the concealer. Then apply mascara. NO smudging ever. Actually, even if I don't do all this the mascara never smudges. In years past, Maybelline made "Illegal Lengths", which was even a better mascara, for 1/3 the price. Then the parent company of Lancome bought Maybelline, and shortly after the formula definately changed for the worse, now I think they have discontinued this name altogether. I think they did not want this product competing with Definicils. Also, Cover Girl made one called "Thick Lash II", amazing long lashes, I think they may still have one called Thick Lash but the formula is not the same. The only complaint I have is that Definicils is very expensive at $27 Canadian, but worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Galaxygirl13

This is the only high end mascara I've owned, so I really don't have much to compare it with, but I actually really liked this mascara because it didn't seem to clump too much on my lashes and it looked very natural, but was still noticeable and made my lashes look lengthy. Mine has dried up and I think I might get another one because it's not too fake looking like many other mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by litaa

I don't understand why people are saying this is smudging...?! This product doesn't smudge, and my lashes were unaffected when I splashed my face with water. With this mascara you can very easily curl your lashes just by twirling over the lashes a little bit, and lengthten them. The result-beautiful eyelashes, I'd recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by tstarr92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I dont get how its possible not to LOVE this.I just got this in smaple size and its my new hg. I thought badgal was the best but this blows it out of the water.
Long,thick, soft lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2006 11:58:00 PM More reviews by LizLizLiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely gorgeous for the hour it stayed on. Then it turned into two giant black half-moons under my eyes--not just a little smudge, a meltdown. Unacceptable for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2006 5:10:00 PM More reviews by c8Iin

Nice mascara. Gives very slight, subtle, casual definition with one coat. Two coats is better for length. I got this free with a sample bottle of Bifacils, so I can't comment on the price, but I do know it's about $17.50 where I am. It's very nice stuff, my favorite mascara from Lancome. It doesn't clump a whole lot, but there are a few every now and then. I like this stuff very much.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2006 1:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetie1974

I bought this product because the girl at the make up counter told me it was their best selling top sell mascara, my lashes have a natural curl and medium legnth. I was very dissapointed it was clumpy and did not legnthn or seperate my lashes. And most of all it is soo hard to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 1:26:00 PM More reviews by 9england9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given this GWP version by my step-mother. I have very long, dark lashes, so I don't put much emphasis on finding the right mascara -- I never like to spend a lot of money on it, sometimes I don't even wear it. However, as I'm getting older, I'm finding my eyes need the extra "oomph" that mascara gives. I have to say, this mascara is the best I've ever used. Doesn't bother my contacts, makes my lashes look long and really, really natural. It's true -- I'm starting from lashes that don't need a lot of help, but still this is the best mascara I've tried. I would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 1:02:00 AM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this as a sample in those gift bags. It did length and define my short asian eyelashes. I saw a BIT of curl but not much. It does get a bit clumpy if you put on too much. This is not too bad but I perfer Hypnose.