Chanel No.5

3.5

on 12/28/2003 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's the most luxurious scent in the world!!! Who can deny its attractions? I adore it.

on 12/24/2003 5:03:00 AM

What a pity. On me, Chanel #5 smells like old talcum powder.

on 12/23/2003 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a classic fragrance but it doesn't mix with some people's body chemistry. For those of you who think it smells like old people, try it on your wrist for an afternoon. I've found that the initial misting doesn't smell nearly as fabulous as it does later in the day.

on 12/16/2003 11:52:00 AM

Chanel No5 is lush. I bought it out of curiosity after reading that Marilyn Monroe wore nothing but a few drops of Chanel No5 to bed. I had to have it. When I first smelt it, admittedly it did remind me of old ladies, but I soon fell in love with its heady, glamourous sent. I'd definetly buy it again!

on 12/3/2003 11:11:00 PM

There's a reason some fragrances are classics. This one is powdery and floral, but manages not to smell dated at all. This was my first "expensive" perfume and I keep going back to it.

on 12/2/2003 6:38:00 PM

I can't stand it. It smells like a cross between old stuffy gtandmas and Johnson & Johnson baby products. It's absolutely the worst. Maybe this is an important fragrance, historically, but it makes me want to gag myself. So does Coco Chanelle, and it's latest Coco Mademoiselle.

on 11/28/2003 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance!! It reminds me of my Aunt, but yet it is so beautiful I think I might have to buy it more often! Soft, Powdery and light, bold and womanly. It's not for everyone, but I love it!

on 11/28/2003 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Chanel #5 has been a staple in my fragrance wardrobe since the 1980's. I remember the first time I smelled it was when a friend of mine was wearing it and I thought it smelled "too old." However, I tried it on in the store a few years later and I absolutely fell in love with it and have been wearing it ever since. I think #5 is one of those love or hate fragrances with nothing in between. I also love the scene in Peggy Sue Got Married where Peggy Sue has gone back in time, arrives home, hugs her mom and then says that Chanel #5 always reminds her of home. It's a classic!

on 11/22/2003 8:19:00 PM

this is the first perfume i ever got as a gift. loved it then and still love it now. it takes a few seconds to sink in and when it dries, it's a powdery ladylike scent. classy and elegant. not what i wear when i want to feel hip but it's the only thing i want to wear when i want to feel elegant and sophisticated. and the bottle is so beautiful!

on 11/19/2003 1:15:00 PM

Sometimes I forget why I love this fragrance so much, until I get to try it again and take advantage of those little paper samples. I'm always reminded of what made me love it in the first place. Like the reviewer below said, it's the scent that reminds everyone how girls are supposed to smell. It's distinctly female and classicaly sophisticated, but never comes on too strong for me. It has both woodsy musk and thick floral notes, but can also be sexy and fresh from time to time. When I spritz it on at the department store counter I suddenly feel like a real lady, and no longer the 19 year old suburbanite that I am. It's always a little strong at first, but I love how it fades into a sweet musk, one that reminds me of teardrop diamond earrings and lavish fur stoles. If you ever want to splurge on a priceless classic when you don't want to smell cheap or predictable, go for this.

Popular Fragrances