October 22, 2014 | 1961 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2003 5:52:00 PM More reviews by mommysteph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the concept and history of this fragrance but despise its smell, it always smells stale to me. Lanvin Arpege is so much more appealing, it fits the bill for a wearable, complex, grown up, classic fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2003 4:22:00 AM More reviews by cabaretgirl

Ah, the memories of this product. Both my mother and my grandmother wore this fragrance. I remember in the summer my Nana would keep her bottle in the fridge and spritz herself with it before going out. What glamorous days those were. I wanted so badly to be able to wear this fragrance but can't do so too often as it causes me to have a miagraine pretty frequently (not every time though, it's a game of chance). My husband even bought me the real perfume and sadly it goes unused. At least I have the memories of the wonderful legacy that Chanel created.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2003 7:24:00 PM More reviews by HopeB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently "re-discovered" Chanel no. 5 after receiving EDP samples from Sephora, and I love it! Previously, I had only smelled it on a test strip, where it smelled completely different. But on my skin it gives off a soft, warm and elegant aura, which I find both sophisticated and comforting. Kind of a glamourous, yet clean feel. So, I HIGHLY recommend you try it on, even if you don't *like* it on a test strip.
UPDATE: I have both the EDT & EDP-the EDT is lighter,more "airy" while EDP has a richer bottom note (amber?)present in the drydown, which I love. I read that Coco Chanel wanted no.5 to smell like the famous beauty Emilienne d'Alencon, because "she smelled good, she smelled clean." I think she succeeded...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 4:08:00 PM More reviews by arabelle

This was the first perfume I ever experienced as my mother wore no other parfum but Chanel No. 5. That may bias me towards it, but no matter. Whilst I find it comforting to wear, it has always reminded me of sheer elegance and grace. It gently trails around one, enveloping in its warm, powdery accords.

Aldehydes domniate the top notes, then rose and jasmine heart notes mingle with sandalwood,vanilla and a touch of vetiver in the base notes.
This is a fragrance I will keep with me for all time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 11:21:00 AM More reviews by legaleagle

I absolutely adore this fragrance. I am in love with it. It is so classic and smells quite lovely on me. I bought the gift set with the Eau de Parfum, the shimmer lotion, and the bath gel. It just smells so good to me. My husband also loves it! I know it is one of the best selling perfumes in America, and I can see why. Very sexy fragrance that lasts all day. As Coco herself said, "Where it anywhere you want to be kissed." Who can argue with that?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 1:29:00 AM More reviews by akumahime

I don't like the fragrance at all. It smells grandmotherly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2003 8:07:00 PM More reviews by JZ1969

As another reviewer stated, Chanel No 5 was Marilyn Monroe's signature scent. As a teenager, I adored Marilyn and all the glamour she stood for (on the surface). Still, to this day, I love Chanel No 5 and every time I wear it I have someone ask me what it is that is smelling so good. It's definitely an old money smell and one that I feel luxurious wearing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 11:40:00 PM More reviews by mulove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel #5 smells too old ladish for me.....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2003 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Reina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best perfume ever.
everytime I use it (nearly every evening) i marvel about how much better it is then anthing i have used during the day/ tried at shops...
it is beautiful both in the perfume (warm, powdery, woody, golden) and the edt, sharper to start with, and maybe a bit sweeter in the drydown.Very well balanced... just beautiful and by far my partner's favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2003 3:26:00 PM More reviews by YaleBarbie

This is a classic fragrance that the women in my family have been wearing for years. Men do find it alluring, as it does not overwhelm or offend. The scent is hard to describe, a little bit deep and musky, but not overpowering. It smells sensual, but like nothing in particular. It does not have a fruity or floral scent. Just a sexy scent! I recommend Chanel No 5 for the classic kind of woman, the type of woman who knows the power of a little black dress and a little modesty.