Chanel No.5

3.5

on 1/7/2004 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's not my favorite Chanel fragrance but it is a classic.

on 1/1/2004 2:13:00 PM

Classic. I swear, though, the NY EDT smells very different than the Paris EDP. Get the EDP, if possible. Very classic adelhyde fragrance, I think. Not "old lady," but not the trendy, fruity/floral stuff we're use to today. May be why some think it's old. Can't believe, though, that this was Marilyn Monroe's signature fragrance. Doesn't seem like it would be. Update: You know, there's no need to be ageist and obnoxious, using obtuse terms like "shriveled old lady" just because you don't like a fragrance. You will be old someday soon. I'm not old and I don't wear Chanel, but that's just stupid and childish.

on 12/29/2003 10:04:00 AM

I love this fragrance. I am seeing a lot of old lady comments which is weird since I think of fromaldahyde (sp?) when I smell old ladies, and this is NOT like formalda... I am 20 and my boyfriend and I both love this fragrance. I can't smell it just once, throughout the day I constantly bring my wrist up to my nose about a thousand times. It is very intriguing and not a smell that leaves the memory, in a good way. When I wear it I get second looks when I pass by the guys at the end of class and they have a strange smile on their faces. I don't really know what to attribute it to, but I know it isn't my regular pajama pants 8 AM outfit. This is really a haunting feminine scent.

on 12/28/2003 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's the most luxurious scent in the world!!! Who can deny its attractions? I adore it.

on 12/24/2003 5:03:00 AM

What a pity. On me, Chanel #5 smells like old talcum powder.

on 12/23/2003 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a classic fragrance but it doesn't mix with some people's body chemistry. For those of you who think it smells like old people, try it on your wrist for an afternoon. I've found that the initial misting doesn't smell nearly as fabulous as it does later in the day.

on 12/16/2003 11:52:00 AM

Chanel No5 is lush. I bought it out of curiosity after reading that Marilyn Monroe wore nothing but a few drops of Chanel No5 to bed. I had to have it. When I first smelt it, admittedly it did remind me of old ladies, but I soon fell in love with its heady, glamourous sent. I'd definetly buy it again!

on 12/3/2003 11:11:00 PM

There's a reason some fragrances are classics. This one is powdery and floral, but manages not to smell dated at all. This was my first "expensive" perfume and I keep going back to it.

on 12/2/2003 6:38:00 PM

I can't stand it. It smells like a cross between old stuffy gtandmas and Johnson & Johnson baby products. It's absolutely the worst. Maybe this is an important fragrance, historically, but it makes me want to gag myself. So does Coco Chanelle, and it's latest Coco Mademoiselle.

on 11/28/2003 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance!! It reminds me of my Aunt, but yet it is so beautiful I think I might have to buy it more often! Soft, Powdery and light, bold and womanly. It's not for everyone, but I love it!

Popular Fragrances