Chanel No.5

3.5

I love this. It's so Marilyn Monroe. My Granny used to wear it in the 50s but, that hasn't stopped me it's flirthy and fun and wonderful if you're on a date and want to make a good impression. Dab some on your pulse points and enjoy the aroma :)

on 1/21/2004 6:30:00 PM

This is my favorite scent in the world! So soft, beautiful, romantic, glamorous..... I can totally live in this! But whenever my friends tell me that their moms wear it too, that just kills me. I don't want to smell like someone's mom! The problem is that this fragrance is way too popular.

on 1/21/2004 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

wow, I love this. Not old, dated, powdery or stuffy to me at all. It smells classy and perfect for any occasion.

on 1/20/2004 6:44:00 PM

I remember reading somewhere that Coco Chanel designed #5 to blend with and complement the smell of cigarette smoke because she was a chain smoker herself. Maybe that is the trick to making this scent smell nice, puff on a pak of smokes first.
This scent makes me want to throw up, seriously.

on 1/16/2004 12:58:00 PM

Why people even go anywhere near this "scent" is a complete mystery to me. I DESPISE this stuff. Just because Monroe wore it doesn't mean us humans have to walk around smelling like shrivelled old ladies. This is a classic, timeless scent..._HOW_???!!!

on 1/7/2004 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's not my favorite Chanel fragrance but it is a classic.

on 1/1/2004 2:13:00 PM

Classic. I swear, though, the NY EDT smells very different than the Paris EDP. Get the EDP, if possible. Very classic adelhyde fragrance, I think. Not "old lady," but not the trendy, fruity/floral stuff we're use to today. May be why some think it's old. Can't believe, though, that this was Marilyn Monroe's signature fragrance. Doesn't seem like it would be. Update: You know, there's no need to be ageist and obnoxious, using obtuse terms like "shriveled old lady" just because you don't like a fragrance. You will be old someday soon. I'm not old and I don't wear Chanel, but that's just stupid and childish.

on 12/29/2003 10:04:00 AM

I love this fragrance. I am seeing a lot of old lady comments which is weird since I think of fromaldahyde (sp?) when I smell old ladies, and this is NOT like formalda... I am 20 and my boyfriend and I both love this fragrance. I can't smell it just once, throughout the day I constantly bring my wrist up to my nose about a thousand times. It is very intriguing and not a smell that leaves the memory, in a good way. When I wear it I get second looks when I pass by the guys at the end of class and they have a strange smile on their faces. I don't really know what to attribute it to, but I know it isn't my regular pajama pants 8 AM outfit. This is really a haunting feminine scent.

on 12/28/2003 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's the most luxurious scent in the world!!! Who can deny its attractions? I adore it.

on 12/24/2003 5:03:00 AM

What a pity. On me, Chanel #5 smells like old talcum powder.

Popular Fragrances