September 1, 2014 | 1782 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 5:35:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was just okay. I cried in it and it smudged a little, but you could wipe it off- wasn't running down the face or anything. The brush is too big for my taste-makes it hard not to get it on your eyelids. It is okay, but personally I like my lashes to stand out a little bit more and this was pretty natural looking.
It's good for an inexpensive natural looking waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2004 10:43:00 PM More reviews by MissyMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This asian girl (think stickler eyelashes) was taught to invest the least on mascara. Pro-cheapie mascaras. Why? Cos you trash it every 6 months anyway. So I started off with Maybelline's Lash Discovery. I must admit that it was Zhang ZiYi's (young princess in the movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) lashes on the tv commercial that got me interested. Plus, it had this mini brush for the little stickler lashes at the sides of your eyes. I got it, but for 6 months I had schoolgirl eyelashes. Nothing outstanding or fantastic. Seriously, not worth your money.

Then maybelline had a promotion going on, $5 off their usual $16.50 price tag. So I decided to try Full 'n' Soft waterproof since I heard waterproof holds curls better anyway. Holy smokes, this baby gives you WOMANLY lashes! You'll feel like the lead character in Judith McNaught novels!! Baby soft eyelashes so full, spilling over your huge round eyes...

You'll have the men staring at you!
Here's what I do:

1. Crimp my eyelashes with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler as close to the root as possible. Hold for 10 seconds.

2. Move the eyelash curler out to 1-2mm before the tip of your eyelashes. Curl again, for 5 seconds. This makes your curl look more exaggerated, but in a very natural way.

3. Coat your eyelashes once and make sure you wiggle your brush enough to cover each lash completely. It's good to be generous... you'll never use up the whole tube in 6 months anyway.

4. Let it dry for a minute, and coat it once more, if you want more outstanding lashes.

5. Repeat with other eye.

This miracle transformed my sticklers into real doll-like eyelashes, without the Cher-drama. I've been through three tubes and have had no smudging even in our God-awful humidity here in Singapore. Simply a Godsend!!

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 3:02:00 AM More reviews by tabithaw

Just thought it was time to dish all those mascaras that I had been wasting my money on. Everytime I try a mascara on, I'm like on house arrest cos I cant step out of the house without worrying that it wont smudge! This one gets to be shoot down first!

Although it was waterproof, it smudged like crazy after a couple of hours. Even after trying it with my trusted Shiseldo makeup base. It did not do anything for my lashes - no lengthening, curling or thickening. But I must admit it keeps it soft!

SO unless you dont have the problem of smudging and like you lashes soft, I wont repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2004 11:49:00 PM More reviews by PartTimeAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must say that I did expect a little more lengthening (which is why I took off a lippie). But this holds a curl SO well and looks so natural that I really love it!!! If you are looking for a really lengthening and/or volumizing and dramatic looking mascara, then stear clear of this (unless you're up for applying like 10 coats).But if you are looking for something natural looking that isn't too dramatic that holds a curl REALLY well, then this is your products. On me( different people have different effect) if got slightly fuller and a LITTLE bit longer lashes (not as long as with my old mascaras such as Sky Hight Curves or Lash in a Tube, but lengthening enough). But the thing is, lenghtening/volumizing mascaras tend to have the obviouse fibers that make lashes look really artificial, atleast on me. Except for Volum' Express, that lookied quite antural once the brush broke in and wasn't so goopy. But I wanted a change, to try something completely new, and liked the natural and different effect I got from Full 'N Soft. I might buy this again, depending on my mood/fase of makeup. But for now, I'm really fealing the whole natural look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2004 11:07:00 PM More reviews by g_82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A drug store brand masacara that is even better than some high-end stuff!!No smudge, very little clump,holds my curl! The result is not dramatic but definitely makes my lashes stands out a lot more. The only drawback is that it is a bit dry, but no flakes anyway! Much better than Lauder's Illutionist!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2004 10:07:00 PM More reviews by oldmagic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

SMUDGES so BADLY!!!! ARGH!!! enough said! and it was supposed to be waterproof.. zz..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2004 4:18:00 PM More reviews by honeybearkitty

This is just OK, kind of clumpy. I have naturally long lashes and actually prefer Maybelline's Lash Discovery. I won't buy Full 'N Soft again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2004 9:33:00 AM More reviews by BlueK2211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the way it makes my lashes look. Only problem is it smudges like crazy! Because of that, I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2004 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Jake

Wow! This is a great mascara! I have to admit I'm not a big fan of dugstore brands and have always figured you get what you pay for but that's not always true. This is THE best mascara I have used I think, really thickens & lengthens my lashes and never clumps or smudges. Since it's waterproof, it's takes some work to get off but so what. This is a fave of mine that I'll always have in my arsenal of make-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2004 6:58:00 PM More reviews by misseng

The mascara itself is actually very good, but it does smudge after a while (I noticed it smudges more on Asian eyes... darn it!). The smudging is about the same amount at L'oreal's Lash Out Waterproof. But I like Full and Soft better, since it looks more natural and less done up, which is perfect for school. It was very cheap, $7 CDN, but the tube itself looks kind of cheap. It's my new reliable mascara, though I wouldn't call it my HG.