Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 7/6/2006 5:41:00 PM

This is my favorite daily mascara. It's great for separating and darkening my lashes. I like waterproof and darkest black. It doesn't clump and it also is easily removed. I had used this for a while and then strayed to try others, but I still come back to this one. It really does keep my lashes soft.

on 6/28/2006 8:22:00 PM

Great mascara overall. I usually like something that looks more dramatic like L'Oreal's voluminous or something but all those mascaras seem to weigh down my lashes and therefore, it's barely visible. I tried Full N Soft and the main reason I love it is that it HOLDS my curl! First I curl my lashes, then put mascara on and usually my lashes go back to being stick straight so I always had to resort to curling my lashes AGAIN after mascara and as a result my lashes would come out. Scary. So, I was really delighted to see that my curls stayed in place the WHOLE ENTIRE day with Full N Soft. It separates really well and it also gives lashes volume so I look like I have a thousand lashes (well, maybe not quite, but close!). I don't know about my lashes looking soft because I pile on the coats to achieve a more dramatic look - but they still look MUCH softer than if I were to put on one coat or two of any other mascara. I have the VERY BLACK (i think it's called? it's the blackest black shade) and the color doesn't look like a TRUE black, but maybe because my lashes are all separated so the color doesn't look as dense as with other mascaras, my lashes all stick together so that's why the color looks so dark. You have to put on the coats while it's still wet on the lashes otherwise, the lashes will clump. I really wish the mascara wand tapered off to a thinner point at the tip, otherwise, with such a fat wand, how do you get the corners of the eyes without the mascara smearing everywhere? Or the bottom lashes? I haven't had any problems with flaking or anything, but I have noticed that the mascara is hard to take off. Even after makeup remover. I feel like I'm harming the delicate eye area, but this is easily fixed due to me changing to the regular Full N Soft, I guess.

on 6/22/2006 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My HG mascara, especially for summer! Holds curl, defines lashes well. Best part is the stay-put factor: this mascara stays through a day at the beach (including swimming in the ocean) with my boyfriend!

on 6/20/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've never understood how Maybelline can put out a great product like Full & Soft & still have crap like Great Lash in its product line. Full & Soft is great. It gets the job done & stays that way til you take it off.

on 6/12/2006 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was...okay. It seems too dry and a bit flaky. I think I'll try the regualr non-waterproof out. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 6/10/2006 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara, both non-waterproof & waterproof. I bought the waterproof version originally, repurchased a couple times, then decided to try the non-waterproof version, which I like a little better because I think it glides on nicer & feels softer. Since I can live without my mascara being waterproof, I'll stick to the non-waterproof for now. (See my review for the original Full n Soft)

on 6/8/2006 12:05:00 PM

(I originally posted this under the regular F&S entry, so I'm moving it here.) Along with CG Professional, this is my favourite mascara. Very natural looking, is a rich black colour (some others just look dark grey, yuck!) and can be removed without too much fuss. I also really like the fact that my lashes still feel soft after putting this on. This isn't as waterproof as others but I prefer it overall. continued >>

Ok, so Iím jumping the gun here a little bit and am reviewing my first tube of Full ní Soft after only a few weeks of wear. I do love the look of this though. To be fair, it does run on my oily lids and isnít 100% waterproof on me, ordinarily heinous offenses, but Iím letting it slide a little bit because 1. Itís not TOO bad and 2. I LOVE the look of Full ní Soft. The finish of this mascara is just what it says: full and soft, it leaves lashes soft instead of hard and brittle. It only builds lashes a little bit, but it defines and leaves them far more natural looking than any other mascara Iíve used and soft without flaking. Iím a HUGE lash girl and one coat is NEVER enough for me, but after one coat of Full ní Soft I feel satisfied. If I need to build lashes to look like serious falses glam look, Iíll use this with Revlonís Fabulash over the top...killer look. Holds curl all day. Packaging isnít the most attractive, a fake silver looking plastic tube with navy print, this could easily be prettier but packaging for products that I donít carry with me in my purse isnít a huge issue for me.
Overall, Iím giving Full ní Soft a 4 (took off one lipstick for the running and not quite waterproof formula but the finish is so fantastic that I canít take off any more). About $6 usd and easily found at any drug store and on sale. If my thoughts change about Full ní Soft, Iíll update my review. Will buy again.
Oily lids, non-sensitive eyes, no contacts or glasses.
continued >>

This is the only mascara that doen't give me clumps. I have tried Clinique and Lancome and all the drugstore brands and nothing is as natural looking as this. It gives my lashes the fullness that they lack if I get them dyed instead of using mascara.

on 5/30/2006 8:02:00 PM

Where is the full? Where is the soft? My lashes were neither after using this product. I had to layer on lots of it to see any volume. I would rather not spend 10 minutes on mascara-ing my lashes! I love the color (blackish brown) and the waterproof properties were adequate. I believe in truth in advertising. This mascara was definitely not as advertised. The best thing about it was the simple packaging. Will not buy again. I have no luck with basic drug store mascaras.