November 23, 2014 | 2068 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 12:38:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

This, so far, is the THIRD Full n Soft product I've reviewed, and definately the worst. Now, when they say waterpoof, what comes to mind is a substance that will not run all over your face at the first sprinkle of water, or humidity, or even, in my case, a slight wind. This stuff sucks! It flaked all over my face, and then of course wouldnt come off my skin, and smeared all over the place for no apparent reason. And we arent talking at the end of a 12 hour day, we are talking like an hour and a half after being applied. I have never had ANY of these problems from the original non-curved Full n Soft. I just figured "Hey, a waterproof version of my HG mascara? Am I in heaven". Boy was i wrong. Maybe Maybelline is "Punking" all of us and putting the real waterproof version into the regular packaging and the regular version into the waterproof packaging? But I digress. Anyway, save yourself from the heartache of yet another failed Maybelline mascara and stick to the one, the true, Full n Soft (without the curved brush! that one sucks too!)as it is definately more waterproof than this crap. How odd is that? I'm done.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2004 11:00:00 AM More reviews by QueenSophia

Bought in my endless search for a waterproof smudgeproof mascara.

This was definitely soft. Good marks for that as I ahte the stiff feeling you get with most waterproof mascaras. However it was certainly not Full!

This is good as an everyday daytime mascara. Gives a little volume, kind of holds a curl and is waterproof. Not smudgeproof though.

Not too bad to get off though.

If it wasn't for the smudging and the lack of fullness, I'd praise it more.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by stormdancer

This mascara wasn't bad, but it wasn't really good either. If I put it on for church in the morning, it usually doesn't start to sudge until later in the afternoon, but it turns the skin under my eyes darker nonetheless. I wouldn't wear this to school, as it would smudge by the end of the day. But it is nice for occassions that don't last a long time. I refer Avon's Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2004 5:18:00 PM More reviews by starlet617

I absolutely LOVE this mascara. I have very straight lashes that I curl every morning, and every mascara I've owned previously drags down the curl. (And those are mascaras that cost a lot more than this one.) I bought this on a whim and was stunned to find that not only did it hold the curl, but it held it all day. It does make your lashes "full and soft" and very nice looking, but I love it mostly because it miraculously holds my lashes up like no other mascara has been able to do. My only qualm with it is that it's impossible to get off. I use eye makeup remover and face wash every night, but I still wake up with mascara smudged under my eyes. But other than that, it's great.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2004 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Mirjam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This did very little for my lashes: it didn't add much volume or curl. The length of my lashes did increasa a little, but it was nothing spectacular. Besides it flaked and smudged quite a bit, which makes this mascara useless for me... Won't buy this again!
My lashes stayed soft, so didn't became hard and breakable. With that the mascara keeps half of its promise, but it's nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 5:35:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was just okay. I cried in it and it smudged a little, but you could wipe it off- wasn't running down the face or anything. The brush is too big for my taste-makes it hard not to get it on your eyelids. It is okay, but personally I like my lashes to stand out a little bit more and this was pretty natural looking.
It's good for an inexpensive natural looking waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2004 10:43:00 PM More reviews by MissyMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This asian girl (think stickler eyelashes) was taught to invest the least on mascara. Pro-cheapie mascaras. Why? Cos you trash it every 6 months anyway. So I started off with Maybelline's Lash Discovery. I must admit that it was Zhang ZiYi's (young princess in the movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) lashes on the tv commercial that got me interested. Plus, it had this mini brush for the little stickler lashes at the sides of your eyes. I got it, but for 6 months I had schoolgirl eyelashes. Nothing outstanding or fantastic. Seriously, not worth your money.

Then maybelline had a promotion going on, $5 off their usual $16.50 price tag. So I decided to try Full 'n' Soft waterproof since I heard waterproof holds curls better anyway. Holy smokes, this baby gives you WOMANLY lashes! You'll feel like the lead character in Judith McNaught novels!! Baby soft eyelashes so full, spilling over your huge round eyes...

You'll have the men staring at you!
Here's what I do:

1. Crimp my eyelashes with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler as close to the root as possible. Hold for 10 seconds.

2. Move the eyelash curler out to 1-2mm before the tip of your eyelashes. Curl again, for 5 seconds. This makes your curl look more exaggerated, but in a very natural way.

3. Coat your eyelashes once and make sure you wiggle your brush enough to cover each lash completely. It's good to be generous... you'll never use up the whole tube in 6 months anyway.

4. Let it dry for a minute, and coat it once more, if you want more outstanding lashes.

5. Repeat with other eye.

This miracle transformed my sticklers into real doll-like eyelashes, without the Cher-drama. I've been through three tubes and have had no smudging even in our God-awful humidity here in Singapore. Simply a Godsend!!

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 3:02:00 AM More reviews by tabithaw

Just thought it was time to dish all those mascaras that I had been wasting my money on. Everytime I try a mascara on, I'm like on house arrest cos I cant step out of the house without worrying that it wont smudge! This one gets to be shoot down first!

Although it was waterproof, it smudged like crazy after a couple of hours. Even after trying it with my trusted Shiseldo makeup base. It did not do anything for my lashes - no lengthening, curling or thickening. But I must admit it keeps it soft!

SO unless you dont have the problem of smudging and like you lashes soft, I wont repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2004 11:49:00 PM More reviews by PartTimeAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must say that I did expect a little more lengthening (which is why I took off a lippie). But this holds a curl SO well and looks so natural that I really love it!!! If you are looking for a really lengthening and/or volumizing and dramatic looking mascara, then stear clear of this (unless you're up for applying like 10 coats).But if you are looking for something natural looking that isn't too dramatic that holds a curl REALLY well, then this is your products. On me( different people have different effect) if got slightly fuller and a LITTLE bit longer lashes (not as long as with my old mascaras such as Sky Hight Curves or Lash in a Tube, but lengthening enough). But the thing is, lenghtening/volumizing mascaras tend to have the obviouse fibers that make lashes look really artificial, atleast on me. Except for Volum' Express, that lookied quite antural once the brush broke in and wasn't so goopy. But I wanted a change, to try something completely new, and liked the natural and different effect I got from Full 'N Soft. I might buy this again, depending on my mood/fase of makeup. But for now, I'm really fealing the whole natural look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2004 11:07:00 PM More reviews by g_82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A drug store brand masacara that is even better than some high-end stuff!!No smudge, very little clump,holds my curl! The result is not dramatic but definitely makes my lashes stands out a lot more. The only drawback is that it is a bit dry, but no flakes anyway! Much better than Lauder's Illutionist!