December 19, 2014 | 894 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2006 7:58:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Maybelline Full n Soft Mascara, both non-waterproof & waterproof. I bought the waterproof version originally, repurchased a couple times, then decided to try the non-waterproof version, which I like a little better because I think it glides on nicer & feels softer. Since I can live without my mascara being waterproof, I'll stick to the non-waterproof for now. (See my review for the original Full n Soft)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2006 12:05:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

(I originally posted this under the regular F&S entry, so I'm moving it here.) Along with CG Professional, this is my favourite mascara. Very natural looking, is a rich black colour (some others just look dark grey, yuck!) and can be removed without too much fuss. I also really like the fact that my lashes still feel soft after putting this on. This isn't as waterproof as others but I prefer it overall. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by crazydiamond360

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so Iím jumping the gun here a little bit and am reviewing my first tube of Full ní Soft after only a few weeks of wear. I do love the look of this though. To be fair, it does run on my oily lids and isnít 100% waterproof on me, ordinarily heinous offenses, but Iím letting it slide a little bit because 1. Itís not TOO bad and 2. I LOVE the look of Full ní Soft. The finish of this mascara is just what it says: full and soft, it leaves lashes soft instead of hard and brittle. It only builds lashes a little bit, but it defines and leaves them far more natural looking than any other mascara Iíve used and soft without flaking. Iím a HUGE lash girl and one coat is NEVER enough for me, but after one coat of Full ní Soft I feel satisfied. If I need to build lashes to look like serious falses glam look, Iíll use this with Revlonís Fabulash over the top...killer look. Holds curl all day. Packaging isnít the most attractive, a fake silver looking plastic tube with navy print, this could easily be prettier but packaging for products that I donít carry with me in my purse isnít a huge issue for me.
Overall, Iím giving Full ní Soft a 4 (took off one lipstick for the running and not quite waterproof formula but the finish is so fantastic that I canít take off any more). About $6 usd and easily found at any drug store and on sale. If my thoughts change about Full ní Soft, Iíll update my review. Will buy again.
Oily lids, non-sensitive eyes, no contacts or glasses.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by blondestfluff

This is the only mascara that doen't give me clumps. I have tried Clinique and Lancome and all the drugstore brands and nothing is as natural looking as this. It gives my lashes the fullness that they lack if I get them dyed instead of using mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by SandraWS

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Where is the full? Where is the soft? My lashes were neither after using this product. I had to layer on lots of it to see any volume. I would rather not spend 10 minutes on mascara-ing my lashes! I love the color (blackish brown) and the waterproof properties were adequate. I believe in truth in advertising. This mascara was definitely not as advertised. The best thing about it was the simple packaging. Will not buy again. I have no luck with basic drug store mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by goldengirl444

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know who is keeping Maybelline's mascara business going, but I'd love to know. Especially when you consider how much their mascaras--EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM--stink. This mascara is similar to L'Oreal's Featherlash mascara, but like that one, this is also a complete gimmick and does nothing of the sort for your lashes. Its brush is nothing special and as with all Maybelline mascaras, the packaging quality stinks, the mascara smears like crazy and is watery, runny, and sticky. The tubes are cheaply made, as well. I would seriously love to get the $200 back from Maybelline that I've spent on about 20 mascaras over the past 12 years when I've given them the benefit of the doubt and tried yet another wretched, hyped mascara that was written up as the BEST in beauty magazines. Rating Great Lash as the best, #1 mascara used by celebs and makeup artists has to be one of the biggest conspiracies going between Maybelline and beauty editors/publications. There is no other explanation for why this crummy stuff still gets good ratings by them, year after year. Maybelline mascaras are inexpensive, although their prices have started creeping up in the past 2 years, but you get crummy mascara, a crummy brush and a crummy tube. While getting a little mascara in your eyes is never comfortable, Maybelline mascara is the only line that consistently has stung like crazy and irritated my eyes incredibly on the occasions when I've gotten some mascara smudged in my eyes. AVOID.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2006 8:46:00 AM More reviews by btobey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep experimenting with mascaras but keep coming back to this product. My favorite thing about it is that it does not clump, which I think has to do with the brush: some brushes come out of the tube too full of the product, which of course leads to clumping, but the Full and Soft brush comes out of the tube as if he excess has already been wiped off. Just as the name promises, this mascara gives lasts a full, natural look, and I've found that the waterproof version lasts all day. The only time it ever smudges is in those few seconds when you first apply before the product is set; just wait a few seconds before blinking and you'll be fine. My only disappointment with this product is that I wish it lengthened more--if it did, it would be absolutely perfect, but it's still my favorite drugstore mascara by far.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2006 4:23:00 PM More reviews by nutterbutterstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only buy waterproof mascara so i can't say how this relates to the non/wp version. I had this about 3 years ago but then i went off to venture in the wonderful world of mascara. I decided to give a try again and now i have no idea why i left it in the first place! this is my favorite mascara out of the billions i've tried. it doesn't clump (even after multiple coats), doesn't smudge, no flecks on the cheeks, it's wonderful!! i love it and hopefully i won't be swayed by any other mascara ads bc this is my HG!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2006 4:25:00 AM More reviews by lilies02

I'm searching for a HG mascara and this one comes pretty darn close. I have decently long lashes so lengthening mascaras tend to be overkill. I was using Great Lash for awhlie but it made my lashes look clumpy and crispy. I skimmed the mascara section and grabbed Full and Soft to give it a try. It does exactly what the name says - makes my lashes thicker and fuller while keeping them soft looking (no crispy crunchy lashes here). It's a pain to get off, but no worse than other WP mascaras. I have to use a combination of eye makeup removers, but I'm gettin' the hang of it.

Full & Soft + Shu eyelash curler = 4 different people raving about how nice my eyes are!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

This product was discontinued in my country. I found another alternative => Skyhigh curves. In comparison Full n Soft tended not to clump. Full and Soft w/p may give u black panda eyes after 8 hours, but it makes my lashes look long, thick, with that glossy look. It holds a curl well and does not flake. I usually swipe the wand with a tissue, to prevent clumping.