Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love soaps, and always have a 6 pack of these in the bathroom. You can't go wrong. I am a soap girl, and love fresh soaps and luxo bahno, claus porto and roger&gallet. I'm also a college girl on a budget, and Dove gently cleanses and doesn't make me feel like I'm missing out on the 'good stuff.'

on 8/23/2002 3:41:00 PM

I use Dove everyday. This cleansing bar is the best, and I've been using this since I was young. With my dry skin, it never leaves my skin tight, itchy or flaky, with no icky film or residue. I can even use this on my face without any problems. All other cleansing bars I've tried never stacked up to Dove. Very gentle and effective. I'll never be without it!

on 8/14/2002 3:02:00 AM

This is a classic! And the smell! But I really can only use this in the winter as it's so moisturizing for me. I tend to be oily in the T-zone, so summer is out for me. Worth trying.

on 8/12/2002 12:44:00 AM

ICK! I have always hated Dove soap, and always will. I can't imagine using this on my FACE, much less anywhere else. The smell is horrid and it's, well, SOAP!

on 7/29/2002 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I would use this on my body but no way on my face. I think that this is too much detergent for facial skin, and I am an oily-skinned girl. This is nice for showering or bathing though. Just not on the face.

on 6/25/2002 11:52:00 PM

this is the ONLY soap i EVER use on my skin! i use it on my body! and i've used it on my skiN! and it's really gentle and moisturizing! I won't use ANYTHIGN else for my soap!!! its' the only soap that doesn't make my body itchy!!!
but as for a facial cleanser...i'm using something else now!

I just don't like this. Dermatologists reccommend this all the time but it just leaves my face feeling dry and like it has a film on it!

on 6/10/2002 2:37:00 PM

I do not know whats the hype about this soap. to me i left with dry skin and it does not make any different at all just my skin was dry after Iused it, maybe great for other people but not for me

I love this soap! I inherited oily, acne-prone skin from both parents, and when I went to a dermatologist to get help, they told me to use Dove. I've been washing with it morning and night for about 10 months now, and my skin is perfect, and has been for about 9 months... I'm so happy, and a bar lasts for 4-5 months!

I love Dove soap and have been using the original and unscented versions for about a decade. I have sensitive combination skin and this product does not break me out, cleans my skin well, and doesn't dry me out. I also use the body wash version and like that too. Both products are super-cheap to boot.