Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 3/6/2003 1:41:00 PM

Looking for a new cleanser, I went out and bought a 4-pack at Wal-Mart, just based on everyone's rave review. Boy, was I disappointed! Initially, Dove seemed to work well; it cleaned my face and removed even the toughest mascara, so I didn't even have to use a separate make-up remover. Soon enough, however, I started getting break-outs from using this soap! It seems to irritate my skin and make the blemishes even *more* red.
Also - what is with the scent of the soap, even though it's supposed to be *unscented*?! I was expecting none whatsoever, but was a bit put off by the smell. Don't tell me it's the moisturizing lotion bit, because fragrances of this type is synthetic and shouldn't be in an unscented bar. continued >>

on 3/6/2003 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

A staple for years--I grew up using it and always seem to go back to it as an adult. Love them all--the white, sensitive, and most of all the pink and white striped nutrium! Great!

on 3/4/2003 9:36:00 PM

The absolute, hands-down, favorite of mine. I always go back to dove for my face. My mother looks a decade younger than she is and she has used Dove forever.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

this is a classic soap staple that i was raised on as a child. the only reason i don't use this anymore is that i've switched to thier nutrium bar and i prefer shower gels most of the time. how can you go wrong with this soap? it's creamy, it lathers well and it smells great. very soothing, especially for a bar soap!

on 2/18/2003 11:05:00 AM

This is the only soap I will use. This is best soap for the face and body. My parents used this soap and I have been using it for years. Other soaps leave skin dry, but this one is very moisturizing and leaves a clean fragrance - no matter which one you choose.

on 2/11/2003 6:19:00 PM

With my combination skin, I tried the Dove Nutrium and it seemed ok at first. But after about a week, my face started to feel really dry and tight. I don't think its a good idea to use a bar soap for the face. So I just use it in the shower now.

on 2/7/2003 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After having a very bad facial reaction, this is the only thing that i could wash my face with after wards. it smells great and never breaks me out. i really dont think i could survive w/ out this!

on 2/6/2003 5:26:00 PM

After years of spending hundreds on facial products to tame my combo skin, i finally gave up and just started to use the dove bar in my cabinet. this is the oly thing that has EVER worked!!!!!!!! my skin was pimple free in less than a week and it leaves a pretty glow without the oiliness! now im contantly gettin compliments on my skin. I now spend less than a dollar on one product instead of $10 each for dozens.

on 2/3/2003 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love my Dove...have used this for years...am using the Pink and also White beauty bars...makes my dry and delicate skin feel so soft...must always have this to wash my face and take my shower...smells so pretty!

on 2/2/2003 10:19:00 PM

This is OK for my body but I really don't like using soap on my face.